Suggest pokemon with good synergy to create a team (or more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing in Pokemon Y, I haven't created a team that really feels like it can have good synergy with each other so I'd like to seek help in forming one (or maybe more.) I do not know also how to make a team as an offensive team or a defensive team (it would be of great help too.)

I do not have any specific build or moveset in mind, but as to what pokemon pique my interest:
  • Adamant Gallade - I really fancy how he is able to dish out damage by crit and the movesets it can have
  • Adamant Flygon - as a dragon with levitate, Flygon really gets most of my momentum with it doing U-Turn
  • Togekiss - those flinches just make everything feel like a breeze
  • Frosslass - when I saw a perfect one, shiny at that as lead, that Frosslass got me caught off guard with destiny bond
  • Scizor - an alternate with U-turn Flygon and how it has it's stone to be a mega, I feel that it really fits nicely in keeping the momentum going
  • Starmie - really a solid pick for the whole time I've played pokemon because of it's spin, access to movepools that really make this star shine

Other interesting pokemon, but can't seem to fit:
  • Crobat - really love its speed, but sometimes, I can't see using 2 flying types in 1 team as very helpful
  • Timid Roserade - for the posion typing as Crobat's replacement yet always falls down easily
  • Timid Greninja - with its HA, Greninja feels good to change typing, but predictions by the enemy just keep it down too
  • Eeveelutions - too many to put so in general, I like their monotyping, but I do not know what role it has on my team
  • Venusaur - since it gained its HA and how it also has a megastone, I contemplate on how I can make this mixed attacker fit into a team
  • Rotom - I haven't really tested any of the rotom forms because I haven't created one for any role, but I think it can be good for checks (not really sure since I haven't tested him out as well.)
  • Dragonite - bulky, great movepool, multiscale, cute. Still feels too slow whenever I get to add this one in my roster
  • Metagross - Well, even without its megastone, its use is really great. It's just that the role I place it on (lead or sweeper) makes me feel that it lacks in something when I put it in the roster.
  • Ampharos - bulky, and megastone, it feels different with it going dragon typing, but the slowness it has makes me feel the loss in momentum
  • Cloyster - really good when I saw how it having shell smash and skill link swept my entire team

I do not know if I were to choose to have a weather or not, but in ranking, I'd go for:
hail > sunny day > rain dance > sandstorm (would go steel typing if standstorm though for preferenial reasons.)

(if ever you will suggest teams for each of the weathers, that'd be awesome as well!)

It feels like I'd need:
a healer of sorts(?), walls, status inducers and maybe a really good lead.

I'm not sure if the pokemon, natures and all mentioned will fit with any of the weather so feel free to take some or suggest a different set of pokemon altogether.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon, shane_san!

The Orange Islands are for discussing in-game, non-competitive (i.e. not head-to-head against another human) play. This feels like you are asking about competitive-type teams, which the Orange Islands aren't really for. I'd suggest checking out the Smogon Intro Hub and the Competitive Discussion forums, but please review the applicable forum rules before creating a new thread in these places, as this may be better suited for simple question / simple answer stuff.

Also, take a look at the Smogon strategy pokedex entries for the Pokemon you've discussed, as these entries include suggestions not only on movesets, but also on good teammates.

If I misunderstand you and you are instead building a team for in game battles, just go ahead and use any of those Pokemon. You don't really need too much synergy to power through regular in-game fights, so have fun with whatever seems most enjoyable.

Finally, if you are interested in building teams for the battle maison, you are in the right place, as we keep a leaderboard and extensively discuss maison strategy and teambuilding here.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)