MagikZong
Brongzong @ Leftovers
Bold | Levitate
244 Hp, 252 Def, 12 Sp.Def
Block
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Explosion

Basicly Trap and hypnosis for dream eater usually after the 2-3 turn he is asleep i start to hypnosis again. Is working out pretty well on Shoody and takes care of sleep clause because the sleeping pokemon ends up dead. If you run into a blissey, well thats what explosion is for

any suggestions / comments?

Well, I guess you can attempt to trap stuff your team can't handle at all. You also get walled by dark types. Ttar comes to mind as it resists explosion and has psychic immunity.

Well i guess you can block ttar then next turn switch out into counter wich would force switch. Can ttar do any damage to bronzong back?

Hmm. I guess it would work better than Gengar since it can take a lot more hits. But consider this: you manage to KO something. They send in something with fire blast. One fire blast on the turn you block, and then another to finish you off before you can try to get a hypnosis off. I don't think it will really do a lot of damage against a skilled opponent. Certainly could kill the right thing if you catch it off guard though.

Can ttar do any damage to bronzong back?
Yes.

Yeah, I mean, if you accidentally trap Ttar, it's not like it can do much to you, besides crunch. You can put it to sleep and then switch, right?

Not until after it has hit you hard with a neutral crunch.

And if it's Boah, then you're really screwed.

well how about switching from a fireblast? or just save it for last game where most of the fireblasters are dead

a faster sub (to block the sleep) ruins this set. It seems like you have had some success with it, but I'm not sure this kind of novelty set will win against those tougher opponents.

That would make sense of course. Maybe you should have a flash fire poke to complement your bronzong.
BronzRan:P

THis isn't a completely rediculous idea, but the thing is, you aren't going to like blocking the generic Bronzong counter's who could come in and hurt you first.

EQ over Explosion imo for heatran and helps TTar issues a bit. Not every Bell needs a boom to it after all.

well how about switching from a fireblast? or just save it for last game where most of the fireblasters are dead
The problem is that this thing can ONLY do what you've designed it for; if it's not doing that, it's dead weight. So basically a smart player will simply switch their counter in every time you switch in Bronzong, and then when you switch out again you are giving them free turns. Good players will take advantage of that.

And good players that use this bronzong can predict their switches and switch in something as they switch. It goes both ways.

The problem is that this thing can ONLY do what you've designed it for; if it's not doing that, it's dead weight. So basically a smart player will simply switch their counter in every time you switch in Bronzong, and then when you switch out again you are giving them free turns. Good players will take advantage of that.
Well, it can also explode.

I see the objective of this Pokemon being first to trap some unsuspecting Pokemon, sleep it, kill it, and now just explode because its secret is out.

The trouble is, of course, that you're completely screwed if they happen to switch to Tyranitar or Cresselia or something just because that's what they do when they see a Bronzong... and when you use Block, your opponent will expect Block every time, which will severely limit the bell's usefulness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)