Suicide Cup Doubles!

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
So Diglett, Pichu, Shuckle, Duskull, Mime Jr., and Magnemite are all viable pokemon that are 4 KO'd by dragon rage. It'd be interesting to see what you can do with all six of those on one team XD

(magikarp and feebas are too, but...)

I'm also thinking of adding a 4 move clause. I don't really have trouble vs Torment but it's still quite strong and if I may say so myself, it is a mindless strategy. Magic Bounce Skill Swap + Stealth Rock also seems to be extremely powerful, I feel that banning Stealth Rock would allow more room for creativity in the SCD metagame.
Added a 4 move clause, check the "Additional Rules" for more information. Does anyone have any objections?

EV

Banned deucer.
Different question, why is just Reuniclus banned and not the rest of its line? Was it banned because of Magic Guard+Skill Swap? Cuz they can all learn that.

Banned Pokemon

-Shedinja
--Alakazam/Kadabra/Abra, Sigilyph, Reuniclus/Duosion/Solosis
I think you should just ban Magic Guard. Regenerator + Skill Swap Solosis is legit after all (as well as Wonder Skin Sigilyph to avoid Thunder Wave/Taunt).

Anyway, I think this gimmick should be considered :
Smeargle @ Choice Band
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Atk
IVs: NaN HP
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Rage
- Trick
- Filler
+ Taunt or Disable user

Drum and sweep your own team with a +6 Struggle

Last edited:
Smeargle @ Choice Band
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Atk
IVs: NaN HP
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Rage
- Trick
- Filler
+ Taunt or Disable user
Drum and sweep your own team with a +6 Struggle
loose trick and charizard does this better. honestly, what's the point of trick anyway?

EV

Banned deucer.
loose trick and charizard does this better. honestly, what's the point of trick anyway?
To Trick a choice item onto the opponent and then have the ally on your side (notice he put +Taunt or Disable user) lock them down/let Smeargle Struggle to death.
I'd rather have Slowpoke do this, since Oblivious blocks enemy Taunts and it can learn Trick and Belly Drum, freeing up something else for Smeargle.

To Trick a choice item onto the opponent and then have the ally on your side (notice he put +Taunt or Disable user) lock them down/let Smeargle Struggle to death.
I'd rather have Slowpoke do this, since Oblivious blocks enemy Taunts and it can learn Trick and Belly Drum, freeing up something else for Smeargle.
oh I thought you disable your own smeargle and have it attack your partners. besides; slowpoke can't learn dragon rage.

oh I thought you disable your own smeargle and have it attack your partners. besides; slowpoke can't learn dragon rage.
My strategy was :
Trick your opponent, then Drum, have your partner Taunt and Disable you, then sweep with Struggle (3 turns of preparation)
OR
Drum while choiced, be taunted/disabled by your partner on the same turn and sweep (1 turn of preparation).

Trick is luxury, in fact : if you got time for that, use it, but the Trick+Drum+Taunt+Disable strategy is a bit long and predicable. It's "high risk, high reward". Moreover, Trick can cripple an opponent if you didn't manage to pull the Drum + Taunt strategy off, instead of having a useless choiced Smeargle.
Slowpoke is okay I guess but it's slower (meaning that Trick is less useful), and you will waste a turn of Taunt/Disable since your partner will probably outspeed Slowpoke.

But I guess it's still somewhat gimmicky...

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Just use linoone with a choice band. It only needs one turn of set up. Use belly drum, and on the same turn have your other Pokemon disable it.

For the sample team, why the fully evolved forms?

Wouldn't you rather just have the lowest hp possible, (aka, mostly the Nfe) so you take a higher percentage from Dragon Rage?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
For the sample team, why the fully evolved forms?

Wouldn't you rather just have the lowest hp possible, (aka, mostly the Nfe) so you take a higher percentage from Dragon Rage?
Most of the time, that is the case, but there are some situations where you want the evolved form. Higher speed, higher hp for pain split, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)