Suicune Discussion

Seriously? Offensive Suicune? HA.

CroCune is by far the most effecient and/or effective set.
While CroCune may be an excellent set, I feel some what insulted by this.
Sure it's not without it's flaws in this new meta game, but come on, in late gen 4 OU this was a fabulous set. I think it has a lot of potential in UU.
hydro pump misses, and then they outspeed you? lolwut.

Until Drought is banned you're way better using Ice Beam since at least you destroy the grass types that could treathen you, at max def the deer doesn't OHKO you with horn leach and ice beam will be a cleam OHKO, had to change since scald/surf is just to week in the current UU

PS: offensive suicune it IS possible, it's actually a effective set since you can actually easily survive priority and some attacks, and with the surprise factor playing in your favor then you have something that could sweep (like offensive milotic, nobody expects it since everyone used defensive sets, still drought is bad for suicune and fellow water types)

While CroCune may be an excellent set, I feel some what insulted by this.
Sure it's not without it's flaws in this new meta game, but come on, in late gen 4 OU this was a fabulous set. I think it has a lot of potential in UU.
hydro pump misses, and then they outspeed you? lolwut.
Suicune has 85 Base Speed. That's far from "fast", even in UU. Hydro Pump is also risky, I'd much rather use Surf.

Suicune has 85 Base Speed. That's far from "fast", even in UU. Hydro Pump is also risky, I'd much rather use Surf.
I meant the order you listed things in. them outspeeding you AFTER you make a move seems highly illogical. Unless of course they switch in on that turn.

im amazed no one has considered Suicunes access to Mirror Coat and decent special defences make it a viable option with its ability to rest off the damage and fire off at least 2 Mirror coats before dieing

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe because if you reveal mirror coat the opponent will no longer carelessly fire off special attacks at you. @ Virizion, Hydro Pump is much, much more powerful than surf, often making it a better option; for example,

+ 1 surf with leftovers does 72.1% - 85% to flygon
+ 1 hydro pump does 90.7% - 107% to the same flygon, a chance at a ohko.

Thanks to suicune's modest 90 base sp.a stat more powerful moves are often the best option.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Maybe because if you reveal mirror coat the opponent will no longer carelessly fire off special attacks at you. @ Virizion, Hydro Pump is much, much more powerful than surf, often making it a better option; for example,

+ 1 surf with leftovers does 72.1% - 85% to flygon
+ 1 hydro pump does 90.7% - 107% to the same flygon, a chance at a ohko.

Thanks to suicune's modest 90 base sp.a stat more powerful moves are often the best option.
Or ice beam wich any offensive suicune uses :P

Hydro Pump is always a double edged sword, but cunes natural bulk means that it will often be able to live with a miss even if it has little defensive investment.
I still don't think offensive cune will work as well as crocune or roar rest versions, due to a massive speed creep, sun and chansey/snorlax that nerf it alot. However when the metagame settles a little more, i am sure it will be a more viable set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)