Summer Freedom IV Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Legnd Slayer said:
ffs i cant find pockets on nb iv been on for 4 hrs a day waitin but he never shows..

I THINK I've sent you a PM. My nb username is Lugh or Alastair, not Pocket (forgot my pass).

What's your username? I've been lookin for Cena 3.0, but I can't find that name. Also, I'm on at Netbattle, not on IRC; and on the server "Smogon Netbattle", not on any other nb server.

I guess the crucial question is, what's your time zone =X

The tournament started way sooner then was originally planned, so give them a break. They probably just signed up thinking it would start late June.

Anyway he is right, if this doesn't go on fast it will take a damn looooooooooong time till finishing it and tons of freewins. Well I maybe just know 1/4 of the people, who didn't do their matches yet. :o

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chimaira said:
The tournament started way sooner then was originally planned, so give them a break. They probably just signed up thinking it would start late June.
What does that have to do with saving the tourney :rolleyes:

It isn't their fault, obviously.

Legnd Slayer said:
im not subbin im sick of this iv been goin on NB everday searching but i never see alastair or lugh
I've seen Lugh for the past couple days on NB... around 11:00 PM -4EST.

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Legnd Slayer said:
im not subbin im sick of this iv been goin on NB everday searching but i never see alastair or lugh
can you pm me your username on NB? that way, i can find you. You're apparently not using Legnd Slayer or Cena 3.0.

P.S. THanks, Slickee, he should know what time I'm on =]

Allright, here's the deal. Substitutes aren't signing up, people aren't getting their shit done, people are getting banned, people are quitting. This is really fucking ridiculous, but it will not end the tournament. The final cutoff will be the day I get back to America, in the afternoon. I will edit this post and the original post with more specific information once I know more specific information.

Seeing as the substitutes are not working out properly, after the cutoff I will be making an absolute shitload of disqualifications. The sad part of this is that inactive people will advance to the next round in the loser's bracket, or in some extreme cases, in the winner's bracket. This is exactly what I would not have wanted to happen, but I don't know any way of avoiding this outcome any longer.

The next pairings will be up in APPROXIMATELY a week. I believe it is slightly longer, but I'm not quite sure of my itinerary. This will be updated soon.

aite I'm sorry man, I had a family vacation and shit and I just got back, and everytime I've been online I haven't seen my opponent

I did send him a PM but I still haven't seen him... I don't know what to say... =(

Ruby Soho said:
aite I'm sorry man, I had a family vacation and shit and I just got back, and everytime I've been online I haven't seen my opponent

I did send him a PM but I still haven't seen him... I don't know what to say... =(
Great, ill be looking out for you from now on

Ok so i've been banned from JavaChat for some reason, but someone please tell Lesm to get on Nettbattle or atleast PM me.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Raikou21 said:
Ok so i've been banned from JavaChat for some reason, but someone please tell Lesm to get on Nettbattle or atleast PM me.
I will tell them to let you back in.

EDIT: the channel is invite-only for the moment

ANyone who still hasn't gotten thier match done (or If someone was trying to, the one who wasn't) should be banned from tournies for a long time imo.

Nate said:
The sad part of this is that inactive people will advance to the next round in the loser's bracket, or in some extreme cases, in the winner's bracket.
If you're going to DQ people, wouldn't they just be removed from the tourney altogether, giving most of the people in the loser's bracket round 2 byes? IMO that would be fair; if everyone who disappeared got DQ'd, then everyone getting byes in the loser's bracket would have played their matches the previous round, if you get what I'm saying. That way in round two, there'll be only something like 3/4 the people, and hopefully all the negligent people will have been removed, so things should go most faster.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, people who ditch on the first round should be removed completely, not sent to the loser's bracket where they will continue to clog things up another round.

freaktron said:
IMO to make things easier, i'd do what Fish did with his RTF tourney and just remove the loser's bracket altogether.
There are some people on the loser's bracket that want to keep battling. Cut off those who didn't battle and continue the tournament.

Pocket

Hansy said:
There are some people on the loser's bracket that want to keep battling. Cut off those who didn't battle and continue the tournament.
And some of those who weren't able to reach their opponent wants to keep battling, too. =X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)