Metagame Sun and Moon LC Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
I'm 99% sure Doduo cannot have Knock Off + JK, at least right now. As Knock is a tutor move and not found in SuMo? and JK is an egg move. So Doduo might not be as hard to handle as thought.

for now.

I'm 99% sure Doduo cannot have Knock Off + JK, at least right now. As Knock is a tutor move and not found in SuMo? and JK is an egg move. So Doduo might not be as hard to handle as thought.

for now.
It can't have Knock pre-bank or tutor, but JK is a level up move so once you transfer a Knock Off Doduo from Bank you can teach it Jump Kick thanks to the Move Reminder changes.

Is there confirmation that Dark-types bypass Gale Wings specifically?
I think you're getting things mixed up. It's been confirmed that status moves used with prankster (i.e. stun spore, leech seed) that target an opposing dark-type don't affect them (i.e. Cottonee's prankster Stun Spore doesn't affect Scraggy). Gale Wings was nerfed so it only works when the user is at full health.

I'm an idiot.

Porygon looks really scary. Z-Conversion gives it +1 to every stat! Combined with Download it can tear things up.

It's a lot more fragile since no Eviolite and it needs to run Timid and max speed, but it's also a lot harder to deal with it since it's counters are dependent on whatever it converted to and on which coverage move it doesn't have.

Porygon @ Normalium Z or whatever it's called
Ability: Download
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Conversion
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic / Ice Beam
- Ice Beam / HP Ground / Recover??

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Darkamber8828 currently the Z-conversion set of choice is:

Porygon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Download
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Conversion

This makes Porygon Electric typed, and gives it more or less perfect coverage. Recover gives it hella bulk and lets it beat the two things which BoltBeam coverage fails to dent / OHKO hard. As an Electric-type, you're able to set up on the likes of T-wave mons (i.e. Defensive Pory, Ferroseed, Slowpoke) which is solid as hell. More importantly, you are no longer weak to any priority attack. Plus STAB T-Bolt is stronger than STAB Tri Attack is in terms of raw power, at +2 that's a bit noticeable. I haven't tried HP Ground in the last slot, but that seems perfectly acceptable to have, especially on something like Spike Stack or whatever. That being said there isn't much of a reason to use HP Ground in general, hence why I have yet to.

This in tandem with Shellder and a Dark-type has been rather effective at steamrolling the ladder. Porygon is a great 'oh shit i'm bored of this game' button tbh, to the detriment of the tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)