SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not use hacked Pokemon as parents. Hacked parents have led to innocent people getting into trouble from people using their offspring, most notably the famous Dream Ball Aegislash fiasco.
I don't want to sound argumentative and I'll still follow by the website's rules and not trade anything originating from a hacked Pokémon, but this point in particular confused me. That particular case only arose because it was an illegal combination - ie, something that could not result from a legal Pokémon and very obviously made it stand out because it's impossible to actually get it. This is a very different case from if, say, you just used a hacked 6IV Ditto to breed - nothing about the resulting child is something that's impossible to get (unless the other parent had an illegal ball combination or something) without the hacked 6IV ditto. There is no difference between that child and one bred from legitimate parents, unlike the case of Dream Ball Aegislash. So I'm confused on why that rule blanket bans any parent that comes from a hack rather than just banning illegal combinations.

The dittos is hacked without a doubt unless you can trace the OT to someone who's caught a legitimate Ditto and is giving them away.
Tried to make everything as cut and dry as possible here. Hope I don't come off as an overly stern jerk, this is just reciting Smogon's decade old policies on this stuff.
Lol, no worries. I've never even used that ditto, since it was beyond obviously a hack - IIRC something was off about the location, too, and I hate having even vaguely illicit Pokemon cluttering up my breeding projects. It just sits in my boxes looking fancy nowadays. Besides, decent legit dittos are easy to come by, even if you're doing something awkward that requires a significantly-above-average and hard to obtain ditto (e.g. for breeding HP Fire/Ice Magnezone) there are still Dittos for those, too (shoutout to Most for mine!).

E: actually, now that I think about it, I have used one bad ditto way back when. Early gen 5, just caught a DW Poliwag I think, and I'd never bred for Hidden Power (or... anything... really) and had no resources outside of a basic suite of differently natured dittos. I think I tried using one of those GTS dupe tools to get a ditto with some 30s in key stats, and then bred some Poliwags, then used those Poliwags as the parent for the eventual HP Grass Politoed. But it kinda spoiled the whole thing so I chucked it.

I don't want to sound argumentative and I'll still follow by the website's rules and not trade anything originating from a hacked Pokémon, but this point in particular confused me. That particular case only arose because it was an illegal combination - ie, something that could not result from a legal Pokémon and very obviously made it stand out because it's impossible to actually get it. This is a very different case from if, say, you just used a hacked 6IV Ditto to breed - nothing about the resulting child is something that's impossible to get (unless the other parent had an illegal ball combination or something) without the hacked 6IV ditto. There is no difference between that child and one bred from legitimate parents, unlike the case of Dream Ball Aegislash. So I'm confused on why that rule blanket bans any parent that comes from a hack rather than just banning illegal combinations.
i feel like there is probably a better thread to discuss this in, but i'm in agreement with you

Hi. Quoting you all for the sake of clarifying this all.

The dittos is hacked without a doubt unless you can trace the OT to someone who's caught a legitimate Ditto and is giving them away.

Do not use hacked Pokemon as parents. Hacked parents have led to innocent people getting into trouble from people using their offspring, most notably the famous Dream Ball Aegislash fiasco. We don't allow people to trade Pokemon generated through third party devices on Smogon or any Pokemon resulting from their existence. If we figure out you've been using hacked Pokemon as parents, you'll be wifi blacklisted.

To address Nighty's question, discussion on this sort of stuff simply isn't allowed on Smogon. Pretty much don't discuss hacked Pokemon unless you're explaining to someone why something is hacked.

I would only use Pokemon that you find on wonder trade for breeding that are obvious breeding spitbacks.

Tried to make everything as cut and dry as possible here. Hope I don't come off as an overly stern jerk, this is just reciting Smogon's decade old policies on this stuff.
I think that didn't come as a jerk, but rather coming up clear and without a shade of doubt :P

Thanks.

Now that you mention that Aegislash... I had forgotten about that one and yeah, good point that we better not even try to use them for breeding as illegal combinations can still come out, as innocuous as they may be (such as the Dream Ball). Not worth the risk.

(Not that I was going to ask him to let me borrow the Ditto but for his sake)

Last edited:
So I'm confused on why that rule blanket bans any parent that comes from a hack rather than just banning illegal combinations.
We blanket ban it because we don't want hacked Pokemon involved in our trading at all. That example is simply a case of how quickly neglect for using legitimate parents leads to problems.

I'm going to have to cut off any more questions with the answer "don't use hacked Pokemon for breeding and trading". Again, we have a rule in place that forbids discussion about what is legitimate and not legitimate. I'm going to delete any further posts on this discussion.

Well... changing topics... is there some sort of map of where all the trainers required to defeat each route boss are?

Is it possible for the first Mareanie that appears in a Corsola SOS to have it's HA? I assume it'd still be incredibly unlikely if this were the case, but just want to check so I don't knock out the first one when I go through the torture of getting it's HA.

if it appears after the ~25 in the chain, it could be.

if you really want to keep a corsola alive, but still weakened so it calls more often, you could use magearna's soul swap after giving it +6 defense.

the problem starts if mareanie can actually use status moves against corsola. If you do the thing in melemele sea the only status move it can have is toxic spikes, and if you do in route 9 they can pack toxic too.

if mareanie can call for help from the same slots once one appears, there is no problem, as you would need to just falseswipe one.

otherwise you need some way to keep corsolas alive.

if you really want to keep a corsola alive, but still weakened so it calls more often, you could use magearna's soul swap after giving it +6 defense
I thought of a high-level Carbink using Guard Split on the Corsola...

For saving from status, I can think of Trick (+ Lum Berry) + Recycle.

oh, do Hidden Abilities only appear after 25 in the chain?
I found some Imposter Ditto before that point, so it all depends on how long you want to chain. Always pack some move that lets you see the target's ability, of course :P

Speaking of Marianie chaining, if you somehow Skill Swapped Telepathy on the Corsola, would that prevent it from being attacked by reinforcements?
Hmmmm... that sounds good.

Apparently, it should, as they are technically on the same side.

Worth trying.

Speaking of Marianie chaining, if you somehow Skill Swapped Telepathy on the Corsola, would that prevent it from being attacked by reinforcements?
No, it does not. Telepathy only works on Area of Effect moves such as Surf, Earthquake and etc. Actually I just double checked and it prevents single targetting moves as well. TIL.
Should work then.

edit 2:
However, there's absolutely nothing in the game that could pull this off.

Last edited:
Do Shinies have guaranteed IVs this gen? Because I just caught a Shiny Cutiefly with max IVs in Speed and Special Attack and I do not believe I am that lucky.

relaxed nature though which sucks

Do Shinies have guaranteed IVs this gen? Because I just caught a Shiny Cutiefly with max IVs in Speed and Special Attack and I do not believe I am that lucky.

relaxed nature though which sucks
Did you find it through SOS chaining? Pokemon later in SOS chains are guaranteed up to 4 perfect IV's

Best Nature for Lunala?
I went with modest, because honestly it basically has multiscale as its ability, and good bulk all around. Might as well give it an offensive nature, it is guaranteed to get at least one attack off. Its SP. Attack stat is insane with modest + full EVs.

looking to complete my dex, need some legends if anyone can help please PM me. just looking to get the dex entry and trade back, don't want to keep anything just so that's clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)