SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use Lapras, just dont hold B when you're near it and make sure to keep your distance. If you get too close it'll disappear but you can get within range of using the rod.
Adding on to this just in case: do not use Sharpedo at all. It'll scare the pokemon away and thus make the bubbling spot disappear as well regardless of whether you're running or not.

Last edited:
I completed a 51 win streak at the battle tree and after 2 days, the receptionist has yet to give me a prize. Do I have to do something else to trigger this event?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Has anyone come across a good post-game guide? I sorta want to do things in the "correct" order.
Isn't really a correct order and there aren't many things to do post game. I would definitely suggest going and getting all the ultra Beasts (make sure you level a little before hand) and then grabbing the Tapu's too. After that take on the Battle Tree if you want. I heard there is also and Eevee sidequest somewhere, but I don't know where to trigger it.

Will an egg determine the gender of the hatched Pokemon randomly or is it set from when you receive the egg?
Everything about an egg is determined on pickup, although recent research indicates it may actually be set before the egg is picked up. This allows you to "Swap" mons out for others. Check out this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-rng-quirk.3589338/ for more info and discussion.

Which one is more rare kanga or f-salandit?
In theory, Kanga is marginally rarer. Taking overall ratios into account (And I might be wrong here, but stay with me). Salandit is a 30% Appearance rate, Kanga is a flat 1% (maybe higher through chaining, but I'll ignore that). Female Salandit is approx 1/8th of the population of Salandit, which means it appears about 3.75% of the time (1/8th of 30). So it's still pretty low, but you're more likely to find one because Salandit is more common than Kanga.

Isn't really a correct order and there aren't many things to do post game. I would definitely suggest going and getting all the ultra Beasts (make sure you level a little before hand) and then grabbing the Tapu's too. After that take on the Battle Tree if you want. I heard there is also and Eevee sidequest somewhere, but I don't know where to trigger it.
You trigger it at the functioning Thrifty Megamart. You know, the one that's inferior because it doesn't have Mimikyu. Serebii's got a full guide http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/eeveequest.shtml

In theory, Kanga is marginally rarer. Taking overall ratios into account (And I might be wrong here, but stay with me). Salandit is a 30% Appearance rate, Kanga is a flat 1% (maybe higher through chaining, but I'll ignore that). Female Salandit is approx 1/8th of the population of Salandit, which means it appears about 3.75% of the time (1/8th of 30). So it's still pretty low, but you're more likely to find one because Salandit is more common than Kanga.
And, of course, that ratio can be made larger by simply bringing along a male Cute Charm Pokémon in the lead; giving a 66% chance any Pokémon you run into being female and hence essentially making Female Salandit a 20% encounter.

Ive heard that you can get a female Salandit in sun and moon (which are rare to find) using a Male Sylveon with cute charm as the ability. Is it true that it will raise the odds?

Ive heard that you can get a female Salandit in sun and moon (which are rare to find) using a Male Sylveon with cute charm as the ability. Is it true that it will raise the odds?
Cute Charm completely ignores the species' gender ratio, and turns chances into 2/3 opposite gender, 1/3 same gender.

That's how I got my female Salandit.

Isn't really a correct order and there aren't many things to do post game. I would definitely suggest going and getting all the ultra Beasts (make sure you level a little before hand) and then grabbing the Tapu's too.
If you show up at the motel for the Ultra Beast missions right away, you'll probably struggle to beat Anabel. The best order is to fight through the remaining areas on Poni, win the battle you face upon entering the Battle Tree, and then go back to Route 8 to start the missions.

If you show up at the motel for the Ultra Beast missions right away, you'll probably struggle to beat Anabel. The best order is to fight through the remaining areas on Poni, win the battle you face upon entering the Battle Tree, and then go back to Route 8 to start the missions.
of course, to get through to poni you still need to beat Dexio who is exactly as strong as Anabel. They're both managable enough with items, it's what I did.

of course, to get through to poni you still need to beat Dexio who is exactly as strong as Anabel. They're both managable enough with items, it's what I did.
Hmm you're right. For whatever reasons, I found Anabel to be a lot harder, but both have five 'mons at level 61. She has a slightly better team, but, yeah, the relative difficulty probably depends mainly on what your team has.

Actually, you don't need to. If you fly straight to the Ruins and go straight up from there, you can skip the Dexio fight entirely.
I found this out completely by mistake and didn't run into Dexio until much later.

Actually, you don't need to. If you fly straight to the Ruins and go straight up from there, you can skip the Dexio fight entirely.
I found this out completely by mistake and didn't run into Dexio until much later.
are we talking about the same place because iirc if you fly to the ruins, you go to the entrance to Vast Poni Canyon rather than Poni Grove. To get to the grove you have to go through the sidewinding area where you fight the collector trainer, and that's where you encounter Dexio

I done my first local trade today [with my other DS] and now the NPCs in my Festival Plaza have gone and I only have my other game as a guest. Is there a way to get the NPCs back?

are we talking about the same place because iirc if you fly to the ruins, you go to the entrance to Vast Poni Canyon rather than Poni Grove. To get to the grove you have to go through the sidewinding area where you fight the collector trainer, and that's where you encounter Dexio
The place where you run into Dexio is directly before that sidewinding area which you can bypass by coming out of the ruins. I'm just telling you what happened to me yo; didn't fight Dexio until way later. To the point I actually thought the requirement to fighting him was getting all 100 Zygarde cells.

I can confirm Dexio can be skipped. I had been fighting my way through the Battle Tree for days when I encountered him yesterday. I didn't even know he was there.

Are there reliable ways of checking certain IVs in the Ultra Beasts?

I did find one in Nihilego (Assuming Timid, run something with ~147, if outsped, it's max Speed; if Beast Boost increases Special Attack, it's likely it has a perfect IV -and Special Defense definetly doesn't-) but are there any for the others?

Pheromosa is quite annoying, as its +2 Speed boost means you'd need something with 447 Speed to check max positive Speed. Or paralyze it, but not many things can reach ~223 Speed without being vastly overleveled.

Are there reliable ways of checking certain IVs in the Ultra Beasts?

I did find one in Nihilego (Assuming Timid, run something with ~147, if outsped, it's max Speed; if Beast Boost increases Special Attack, it's likely it has a perfect IV -and Special Defense definetly doesn't-) but are there any for the others?

Pheromosa is quite annoying, as its +2 Speed boost means you'd need something with 447 Speed to check max positive Speed. Or paralyze it, but not many things can reach ~223 Speed without being vastly overleveled.
For Pheromosa in particular you should probably just catch it. It has 255 base catch rate and beast balls have x5 so its a guaranteed capture iirc.

Well, I didn't know the trainer exp bonus was gone.

Why people suggets bewears so much for exp grinding? specially since it has a call rate of 6, not so astounding base exp yield, plus you need to run with a ghost pokemon so it doesn't kill itself with recoil or confusion, and there's still the troubles with pain split.

on E4 you can at least swap back and fort something with lunala on every defeated mon so it gets full exp and a LV100 lunala with leftovers should be able to tank almost everything.

Well, I didn't know the trainer exp bonus was gone.

Why people suggets bewears so much for exp grinding? specially since it has a call rate of 6, not so astounding base exp yield, plus you need to run with a ghost pokemon so it doesn't kill itself with recoil or confusion, and there's still the troubles with pain split.

on E4 you can at least swap back and fort something with lunala on every defeated mon so it gets full exp and a LV100 lunala with leftovers should be able to tank almost everything.
Yeah if you're just going to beat up on sos battles, Golduck is much more common, has a more mangable moveset and has the same exact base exp rate

Does nihilego really needs timid nature to work even with the choice scarf set?

I get the part about outspeeding stuff, but what about outside of general OU and more focused around battle royale and tree?

Also, what hidden power works better?

Do certain berries on spawn in the larger berry piles? For example I didn't get a Salac Berry for ages but when I finally did it was when the tree spawned a large pile of berries. Just need the Ganlon Berry to finish up.

Do certain berries on spawn in the larger berry piles? For example I didn't get a Salac Berry for ages but when I finally did it was when the tree spawned a large pile of berries. Just need the Ganlon Berry to finish up.
No, every berry has a specific berry tree. Only one tree is capable of spawning Salac Berry ( this one is located at Poni Wilds on Poni Island). Some of the more common berries may spawn in multiple berry trees, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)