SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I the only one who can't register for the Global Link? Every time I try to create an account it just brings me to the "forgot your password" screen (that NEVER WORKS).

I'm afraid the Yamask family is one of the unlucky few that can't be obtained in a Dream Ball.
Unless Dream Ball Aegislash happens again :P

Love Ball could be fitting for a shiny Cofagrigus as well IMO, although the Ball's rarity makes it less desirable.

Aw why not :( I thought it was obtainable via Dream World.
Nope - of the Gen 5 Pokémon they eventually put on the Dream World, it was mostly just the ones that had a Hidden Ability. So Yamask, Archen, Zorua etc. never got to be in a Dream Ball.
This also means that Archen is the only pre-gen 6 fossil that can't be obtained in a non-standard Poké Ball, unfortunately.

Nope - of the Gen 5 Pokémon they eventually put on the Dream World, it was mostly just the ones that had a Hidden Ability. So Yamask, Archen, Zorua etc. never got to be in a Dream Ball.
This also means that Archen is the only pre-gen 6 fossil that can't be obtained in a non-standard Poké Ball, unfortunately.
Okay that makes sense. Thanks for your help! Guess I gotta resort to a Heal Ball -.-

That's not exactly true. There happened to be a single event Archen in Gen V that was on a Cherish Ball (in a 2012 japanese event that would hand out every fossil Pokemon).

But other than that, only the Cherish Ball (and only on japanese specimens from Unova) and Poke Ball are legal on Archen.

Last edited:
I've seen a Haxorus in a Level Ball for a giveaway. That must be hacked, right? AFAIK, Haxorus is gen. 5 and there's no way to get Apricorn Balls there.

I've seen a Haxorus in a Level Ball for a giveaway. That must be hacked, right? AFAIK, Haxorus is gen. 5 and there's no way to get Apricorn Balls there.
Axew is available through Island Scan. In fact, on the very same place you get the Level Ball.

Of course, this means you must ensure it does not have any tutor move.

Last edited:
Axew is available through Island Scan. In fact, on the very same place you get the Level Ball.

Of course, this means you must ensure it does not have any tutor move.
Oh right, totally forgot about that. I'd like to breed a perfect Haxorus in a Level Ball but without Tutor Moves idk if it will be any good.

Oh right, totally forgot about that. I'd like to breed a perfect Haxorus in a Level Ball but without Tutor Moves idk if it will be any good.
According to Serebii, this is what you miss on a Level Ball Haxorus:
- Hone Claws
- Dig
- Incinerate
- Rock Smash
- Secret Power
- Cut
- Strength
- Aqua Tail
- Low Kick
- Shock Wave
- Snore
- Superpower

Other than something that can actually hit Skarmory or Celesteela for neutral damage, you are not missing much.

According to Serebii, this is what you miss on a Level Ball Haxorus:
- Hone Claws
- Dig
- Incinerate
- Rock Smash
- Secret Power
- Cut
- Strength
- Aqua Tail
- Low Kick
- Shock Wave
- Snore
- Superpower

Other than something that can actually hit Skarmory or Celesteela for neutral damage, you are not missing much.
Oh yeah, I usually check Serebii for what Tutor Moves I can use. However, I think Superpower would be a valuable move. Then again, I don't see it any of the sets so maybe it isn't all that useful.

Breeding for a shiny Golisopod and I'm going to name it either "Team Japan" or "Japan" (because it's white and red). What should it be?

Why is it that when I look at my Pokemon's EV's, for some I see light blue while others I see orange. Does this indicate that it's maxed out?

But for serious, I'd go with Team Japan between the two. Has a bit more character to it than just "Japan."
Haha thanks but I already decided not to go with a nickname. I might get "Team Japan" at some point. We'll see.

Why is it that when I look at my Pokemon's EV's, for some I see light blue while others I see orange. Does this indicate that it's maxed out?

Haha thanks but I already decided not to go with a nickname. I might get "Team Japan" at some point. We'll see.
Blue is maxed EV's, sparkles indicate a stat with maximum investment. Orange is not yet maxed out EV's.

That's odd. I forgot that I had a draft saved and it ended up being posted. Anyway, thanks for the reply but I already got my answer after I googled it.
To be fair, many of the questions here could have been answered by Googling them or a quick look through Serebii, Bulbapedia, and the like.

Is there a good list of ev training spots? Just completed my first sun and moon breed. Yay! Now I need to ev train attack, speed, and defense.
Grats :)

Google Poke Pelago if you haven't heard/used it already. There's an island there that you can leave your Pokemon on and they will EV train themselves. You just select the stat to train and leave them to it. It's great if you don't want to spend the time chaining wild Pokemon yourself to EV train.

Is there a good list of ev training spots? Just completed my first sun and moon breed. Yay! Now I need to ev train attack, speed, and defense.
The fastest way is with SOS chains. Once you have pokerus, the EV boosting items, and a good pokemon for chaining, it only takes 7 KO's to max out a single stat (14 without pokerus).

Some of the easier pokemon to chain are:
1. Attack -Mudbray/Lillipup (Paniola Town)
2. Defense -Geodude/Torkoal (Route 12)
3. Special Attack - Psyduck (Brooklet Hill)
4. Special Defense - Tentacool (Hau'oli City, surf)
5. Speed -Zubat/Diglet (Seaward Cave)
6. HP - Grimer (Maile City)

If you don't have enough BP to get this set up, then Pokepelago can help get the ball rolling. With max beans it takes about one day to max a stat (63 "sessions"), so it will take about 2 days to fully train a pokemon (however you can do 18 pokemon at once). It's a little less efficient, but decent until you get the EV items (and I like it because it will accrue automatically while I'm sleeping or at work). It's also easier to do tweaked EV spreads with, as you can control the amount of sessions.

The fastest way is with SOS chains. Once you have pokerus, the EV boosting items, and a good pokemon for chaining, it only takes 7 KO's to max out a single stat (14 without pokerus).

Some of the easier pokemon to chain are:
1. Attack -Mudbray/Lillipup (Paniola Town)
2. Defense -Geodude/Torkoal (Route 12)
3. Special Attack - Psyduck (Brooklet Hill)
4. Special Defense - Tentacool (Hau'oli City, surf)
5. Speed -Zubat/Diglet (Seaward Cave)
6. HP - Grimer (Maile City)
Spearow on route 3 are also good for speed (they drop from the sky when you walk on their shadows), and Slowpoke just outside your house en route to Prof Kukui's place is better for HP IMO. Grimer could have Minimize (could be solved if you have Aerial Ace I guess) and Poison Fang (50% chance to badly poison) + Poison Touch (30% chance to poison).

And anyways, why going to Malie City to grind on Grimer? The Trainers' School has a 50% encounter rates for Grimer, and if you've been trying to get Metal Coat from some Magnemite, you already know how annoyingly common they are.

Spearow on route 3 are also good for speed (they drop from the sky when you walk on their shadows), and Slowpoke just outside your house en route to Prof Kukui's place is better for HP IMO. Grimer could have Minimize (could be solved if you have Aerial Ace I guess) and Poison Fang (50% chance to badly poison) + Poison Touch (30% chance to poison).
Spearow probably is the better choice for speed, although Grimer near the Trainer's School don't have Minimize, appear more frequently, although require you to use something immune to Poison.

Also, on Route 1, the Pikipek also work for a way to earn Attack if Mud Slap/Baby Doll Eyes gets annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)