SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Which one is more likely to happen in an SOS battle
Shiny bagon or salamence
Salamence is more common. It's probably about 5 times more common than Shiny Bagon. The odds of a Shiny Salamence are probably about 1 in 50,000.

I know you get 2/3/4/5 poins from battle royal wins depending of the rank, but I know that you can get points from losing. What determines how many points you get when you don't win? I want to know if I have to actually do something to get points, or if just staight up killing myself will earn me some poins

I know you get 2/3/4/5 poins from battle royal wins depending of the rank, but I know that you can get points from losing. What determines how many points you get when you don't win? I want to know if I have to actually do something to get points, or if just staight up killing myself will earn me some poins
I'll make a completely unfounded hypothesis and assume the points you get are related to your final position: 5 if you win, 4 if second, 3 for third, 2 if last, and 1 if you have all your Pokemon KOed.

What IV spreads will get you HP Electric? I am trying to get an HP Electric Pheromosa (is that the best HP for it? I'm legit not sure).

Where do you find the Fast Ball? Serebii says it's on Mount Hokulani, but for the life of me, I can't see it.

Can I catch another Tapu Koko (or any Tapu for that matter) after I've caught it once by defeating the Elite 4 again? I need to know before I restart my game save for an HP Ice Tapu Koko.

Thanks in advance :)

Can I catch another Tapu Koko (or any Tapu for that matter) after I've caught it once by defeating the Elite 4 again? I need to know before I restart my game save for an HP Ice Tapu Koko.

Thanks in advance :)
Only 1 Tapu per save file. It will respawn if you kill it or run, but if you catch it thats the only one you get.

Probably being really thick here but when you guys refer to 'chaining' in this gen how exactly does this work? Say I want a Mareanie with Regenerator. I have to go find a Luvdisc and then weaken it and wait for it to call additional Pokemon, knock them out and then wait until it calls a Mareanie? At that point do I just catch it or do I kill that one and keep going until I get one with Hidden Ability?

Probably being really thick here but when you guys refer to 'chaining' in this gen how exactly does this work? Say I want a Mareanie with Regenerator. I have to go find a Luvdisc and then weaken it and wait for it to call additional Pokemon, knock them out and then wait until it calls a Mareanie? At that point do I just catch it or do I kill that one and keep going until I get one with Hidden Ability?
Pretty much, except for the fact Mareanie can only appear from SOS Calls by a Corsola, and only rarely.

Make sure you always keep a Corsola in the field (Mareanie will attack the Corsola) because Mareanie will never SOS Call.

By the way... which are the easiest IV spreads to breed for and get the most useful Hidden Power types, such as Fire, Fighting or Ground?

Last edited:

dialganet

Banned deucer.
I bought the game just a few days ago and I'm taking my time completing it, so I haven't kept track of this thread and I have a couple of questions regarding SOS battles.

1)Assuming false swiping the original mon to then slaughter all the SOSed ones is the go-to way to farm IV, is there a specific path to the number of perfect IVs you will get (I've heard 4 IVs after 40 encounters, does it mean 1 every 10 summoned mons)?

2) HAs. Is there an escalating chance of getting mons with Hidden Abilities the further you progress in the chain or is it completely random? I'm asking because I still haven't found a decent method to check abilities without jeopardising the chain (i.e. Corsola summons Meranie, while I check it with Worryseed it proceeds to kill Corsola, goodbye chain). Alternatively, is there an established, effective method to check abilities that I still haven't found looking on the internet?

Thanks.

I think is 4 IVs after the 30th summoned, however, there's still a chance to fail and get less IV, but the chance is small and doesn't seem to dissappear at any certain point.

for HA, I think around the 25th summoned can appear, but it might be right after the 20th. Not sure if the chances rises or not

Is timid obetively better than modest for lunala?

I bought the game just a few days ago and I'm taking my time completing it, so I haven't kept track of this thread and I have a couple of questions regarding SOS battles.

1)Assuming false swiping the original mon to then slaughter all the SOSed ones is the go-to way to farm IV, is there a specific path to the number of perfect IVs you will get (I've heard 4 IVs after 40 encounters, does it mean 1 every 10 summoned mons)?

2) HAs. Is there an escalating chance of getting mons with Hidden Abilities the further you progress in the chain or is it completely random? I'm asking because I still haven't found a decent method to check abilities without jeopardising the chain (i.e. Corsola summons Meranie, while I check it with Worryseed it proceeds to kill Corsola, goodbye chain). Alternatively, is there an established, effective method to check abilities that I still haven't found looking on the internet?

Thanks.
It's about random until about 40, at which point you get the maximum of 4 guaranteed IV's. If you Skill Swap Telepathy to the Corsola, you can protect it from Mareanie's attacks and proceed to Skill Swap the Mareanie to check its Ability. I think the hidden ability becomes more likely the higher into the chain you go.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack

Thanks.
1: I believe it's 1 IV every 10 KOs up to 4 IVs at 40.

2: Judging by my experience, Hidden Abilities do become more common later in the chain. The earliest I've had is after 10 KOs, but I haven't chained much, so that's probably not the minimum if there is a minimum.

I'm sorry there's so much conflicting info. We seriously need an article on chaining here on Smogon to clear things up...

Is timid obetively better than modest for lunala?
According to the analysis being written, Timid is better than Modest for everything except Scarf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)