SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the battle royale gives you 2/3/4/5 poins per win depening of the level. you don't need a streak to get more points and even if you lose you get some points

Maybe master rank can be a bit difficult to win consistenly, so try the next lower rank, is easier. Just pack a bulky team that doesn't look easy to kill but still can do at least some damage. Bonus points for priority moves/fast users to get killsteals, specially when one of the trainers have only 1 pokemon left, as the battle ends the turn after one trainer runs out of pokemon (the opponents still get to do their moves during that turn, so you can get double losers or lose you too.
Other important point that differs royal from doubles and triples, is that if the objetive is KO'd before you attack, the move misses instead of auto-targetting another enemy, and that spread moves do only 50% of damage instead of 75%. Don't use spread moves unless is Xurkitree's discharge with a tail glow under electric terrain

Any recommendations of a single pokemon that can steamroll the E4 and champion defense alone? Obiously at lv100, but has to be able to take a hit from from the lead (I'm planning of running a smeargle with spore/happy hour/parting shot) I'm okay if it can't take stuff like skarmory on 1 hit due to sturdy, but the plan is to not needing items and just steamroll to get exp to the rest of the team

Whatever version legendary starts at a high level you have has solid bulk and coverage, level it enough and it can do work (at least with Lunala)

for super singles, you are given 2 + min([n/10], 5) bp for your n-th consecutive victory and 50 additional bp for defeating red at #50

in other words, 2 bp per win for each of the first 10, 3 bp for each of 11-20, etc. capped at 7 points per battle
Thank you.

So Red is 50th? Sounds fun...

There was a theory that some of the UB looks like some characters (like Lillie or Team Skull boss), this theory was a flop ?
Completely. The only one that's likely intentional is Nihilego & Lillie and that's implied to be due
Lusamine becomming obsessed with Nihilego. Lillie talks a lot about her home life and one part of that is Lusamine dresses her up in a way she thinks is "beautiful". Lusamine by this point considers Nihilego the only good, beautiful thing in the world especially compared to her garbage children.

One can probably argue that Lusamine might have started fashioning herself off Pheromosa, but that's never brought up and Pheromosa doesnt even show up in Sun.

Every other similarity is purely coincidental at best and totally off base otherwise. Which really should have become obvious when you had stretches like "Gladion is Buzzwole" or "Hala is Guzzlord"

I'll make a silly question for someone with over 120 hours of gametime already - where does the post-game story begin in?

I just received a 31/18/31/31/31/31 Adamant Magikarp breedject through Wonder Trade and unlike its previous owner, I do want to give him a chance.

I was going for a DDancer, and thought of:
- Aqua Tail/Waterfall
- Stone Edge/Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

But what are some items and EV spreads people use in S/M? I'm thinking about a bulkier version, perhaps even utilising Dragon Tail?

Ideas are welcome! Though exact EVs are pretty useful (:

I don't do Showdown btw.

Last edited:
Completely. The only one that's likely intentional is Nihilego & Lillie and that's implied to be due
Lusamine becomming obsessed with Nihilego. Lillie talks a lot about her home life and one part of that is Lusamine dresses her up in a way she thinks is "beautiful". Lusamine by this point considers Nihilego the only good, beautiful thing in the world especially compared to her garbage children.

One can probably argue that Lusamine might have started fashioning herself off Pheromosa, but that's never brought up and Pheromosa doesnt even show up in Sun.

Every other similarity is purely coincidental at best and totally off base otherwise. Which really should have become obvious when you had stretches like "Gladion is Buzzwole" or "Hala is Guzzlord"
Thanks for the answer

Exactly how does the BP work in Battle Royal? I'm wondering if I should use it to grind BP over the battle tree (which is VERY cruel, from what I've heard).

Exactly how does the BP work in Battle Royal? I'm wondering if I should use it to grind BP over the battle tree (which is VERY cruel, from what I've heard).
From what I've been able to tell, winning gives between 2-5 depending on rank. The each place below gives 1 less BP, with 1 BP minimum. (So, last place master rank will give 2 BP, same as 3rd place Ultra rank.)

Just want to confirm something: If I catch a non-HA male Pokemon in a Kurt Oak Ball and breed it with a female HA (same species), there's a ~40% chance of getting an HA in an Apricorn ball. Was about to spend hours chaining and resetting trying to get HA balls before realising the new mechanics.

Is there a way to determine which Zygarde cells I haven't gotten yet? I have 99/100 and I've religiously followed Serebii's guide, but the last one still eludes me.

Is Stoutland better without Superpower or not? I want to breed a new one with Psychic Fangs, but I also want to transfer a Stoutland with Superpower.

Superpower is vastly superior to Psychic Fangs as it offers revelant coverage on Steel- and Rock types, while Psychic Fangs offers no relevant coverage. The gen 6 analysis mostly holds true in this generation as well.

5 BP for every win on Master Ranking

A good strategy is bringing a Pokemon like Muk with Minimize

Use it twice and then pick off the other Pokemon on the field

If you trade a pokemon with a Z-Stone, will the recipient also get the Z-Stone? Does this work and can they use this even if they have not yet got said Z-Stone in their game?

5 BP for every win on Master Ranking

A good strategy is bringing a Pokemon like Muk with Minimize

Use it twice and then pick off the other Pokemon on the field
I saw in gamefaqus recommending muk with shadow sneak, minimize, knock off, and something else. I think curse could work as it patchs up muk's defense and adds some more power to work with. However not sure of what item/ability to use

I saw in gamefaqus recommending muk with shadow sneak, minimize, knock off, and something else. I think curse could work as it patchs up muk's defense and adds some more power to work with. However not sure of what item/ability to use
If you went with that set, you want longevity, so something like Leftovers would help you stay alive for a long time. Since you are not using a Berry/are not in a double battle, Poison Touch would be the only ability with any use.

Edit: Air Balloon can prevent the opponent from scoring SE hits at the start, helping with all the EQ's and making you generally less likely to be targeted and attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)