Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Yawn
- Earthquake

torkoal is bulky enough to withstand hits and set up sun and stealth rock. Yawn is great for messing up with set up opposing threats like Careludge or dragonite while also giving you the oportunity to swich freely into your teamates that like sun like Walking Wake or Heatran. Overheat is great for hitting hard pokemons like Amungas, Alola Ninetales or even Gliscor lower enougth it's health for you sweeper to do the job. Eathquake is great move to hit pokemon like Glimmora.

Walking Wake @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Steam
- Dragon Pulse
- Flip Turn

Walking Wake in sun teams is a beast. It's higth speed and spA make it a great wallbreaker and sweeper. Having +8 spA Modest and +252 spe make it very fast in sun outspeeding even no scarf Dragapult full speed invested and while having great damage with life ord. Life orb is great beacuse it allows you to not being lock in one move in comparison to choise specs and that is great with the great coverage moves it has. Flamethrower in sun is great move to even 1HKO uninvested spD Corviknight and Amungas making it hard to switch in. Flip turn allows you to freely leave the field before sun ends and bring it back again when time needs.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 206 HP / 252 SpD / 50 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power

Heatran i a great pokemon since it's depute. It great typing and bulk allows it to swich in opposing enemy pokemon like Toxapex or Galar Slowking. Terra grass allows it to withstand water and earth attack. Magma storm and taunt is great for break annoying opposing pokemon that would otherwise would be very annoying to deal with like trick room Hatterene or Gliscor with Toxapex or Alomomola with terra grass.

Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off

Assualt vest Great Tusk has insane bulk for both Atk and spD withstanding even Dragonite spe invested 2 time dragon dance Terra normal Extremespeed while full health. The great coverage move allows it break break opposing team slow but steady. Knock of is great both for coverage and knockiing annoying items like leftoverse or boots while also can check Gholdengo if you predict correctly and hit knock off before rapid spin.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Terra Electric Dragapult is sure unexpected but is there for dealing with annoying watter pokemon like manaphy, the STAB Electric moves can 1HKO manaphy after a stealth rock damage. The reason for being into the team is to revenge kill pokemons that would be hard to deal otherwise and block spins from opposing Great Tusk due to its ghost typing.

Kingambit @ Air Balloon
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Balloon Kingambit is great for late game cleaning. Has great coverage with moves and it's great Atk stat. Terra fire is ther for avoiding Will-O-Wisp and fire type moves. Sucker Punch is great priority move but you need to be carefull ue to it's miss potential if opponent plays right. Low kick is there for handling pokemons like terra Normal Dragonite with minimum sword set up or opposing Kingambit.

• Torkoal
    • Does 40 SpA help you KO anything relevant? If not, I'd consider beefing up your HP more.
    • Earthquake seems mediocre here since Torkoal has a pretty pitiful offensive profile. I'd run Rapid Spin if I were you.
  • Walking Wake
    • I see what you're going for, but I feel like you'd get more mileage out of running this as a Choice set. Losing that much SpA is going to severely neuter Walking Wake's ability to nuke nearly everything in sunlight.
    • If you want speed, consider Agility. That works well with Life Orb and lets you max out SpA. Walking Wake forces a lot of switches and is decently bulky, so you should be able to get Agility off with no problem on a predicted switch.
    • I would also use Tera Water since Walking Wake is generally there to be a nuke. Fun fact: Modest 252 SpA Tera Water Hydro Steam with Life Orb and Protosynthesis in the sun can 2HKO Assault Vest Azumarill.
  • Heatran: I feel like you need a backup hazard setter. Heatran is pretty good at that.
  • Great Tusk
    • I feel like this could really use some Wish support, but I don't know what to recommend cutting.
    • Your team seems weak to hazards right now, especially since Air Balloon Gholdengo can come in and ruin Tusk's day. I suggest switching to the Offensive Heavy-Duty Boots set, which will give you a gigantic wallbreaker in sunlight and will help keep momentum going by being far more aggressive.
  • Dragapult
    • I love Dragapult, but this feels a little weird for the team.
    • Surf is bad here. Sunlight cuts Surf's power in half.
    • Are you really that concerned about Manaphy to justify Tera Electric?
    • If you're set on Dragapult, I'd run it as a pivot set. You could also use Sub + Hex.
    • I think this should probably be dropped for something like Hatterene with Healing Wish, Enamorus with Healing Wish, Scream Tail with Wish, or another similar Pokémon.
  • Kingambit: No comments other than the Tera type. Fire makes it much harder to switch in later if you have to switch it out at any point. Hazards will wreck it.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
  • Torkoal
    • Does 40 SpA help you KO anything relevant? If not, I'd consider beefing up your HP more.
    • Earthquake seems mediocre here since torkoal has a pretty mediocre offensive profile. I'd run Rapid Spin if I were you.
  • Walking Wake
    • I see what you're going for, but I feel like you'd get more mileage out of running this as a Choice set. Losing that much SpA is going to severely neuter Walking Wake's ability to nuke nearly everything in sunlight.
    • If you want speed, consider Agility. That works well with Life Orb and lets you max out SpA. Walking Wake forces a lot of switches and is decently bulky, so you should be able to get Agility off with no problem on a predicted switch.
    • I would also use Tera Water since Walking Wake is generally there to be a nuke. Fun fact: Modest 252 SpA Tera Water Hydro Steam with Life Orb and Protosynthesis can 2HKO Assault Vest Azumarill.
  • Heatran: I feel like you need a backup hazard setter. Heatran is pretty good at that.
  • Great Tusk
    • I feel like this could really use some Wish support, but I don't know what to recommend cutting.
    • Your team seems weak to hazards right now, especially since Air Balloon Gholdengo can come in and ruin Tusk's day. I suggest switching to the Offensive Heavy-Duty Boots set, which will give you a gigantic wallbreaker in sunlight and will help keep momentum going by being far more aggressive.
  • Dragapult
    • I love Dragapult, but this feels a little weird for the team.
    • Surf is bad here. Sunlight cuts Surf's power in half.
    • Are you really that concerned about Manaphy to justify Tera Electric?
    • If you're set on Dragapult, I'd run it as a pivot set. You could also use Sub + Hex.
    • I think this should probably be dropped for something like Hatterene with Healing Wish, Enamorus with Healing Wish, Scream Tail with Wish, or another similar Pokémon.
  • Kingambit: No comments other than the Tera type. Fire makes it much harder to switch in later.

I hope this helps!
What you say about Dragapult is actually helpful indeed dragapult is the weakest link on my team. Great tusk vested is actually way more monsterous than you think allow me to keep momentum with torkoal for swiching and keeping sun as more active active as I can. toarkoal 40 spA is good for 1HKO with overheat Corvinight, Kingcampit and 2HKO gliscor. For Walking Wake I will think agillity as an option. Reason is that i play like that in order to keep it in field as much as possible and sweeping teams out of nowere even 2HKO Ogrepon water while tera with flamethrower in sun sun and by locking yourself to hydro steam teams with water absorb sometime can mess up with my momentum or in some case bulky water tera pokemons. Enamorous sounds good with healing wish actually. For Torkaol earthquake is something to consider to for backup rapid spiner maybe. The reason i use earthquake is beacuse it actually helps a lot with many leads that try to set like glimmora and heatran and can 2 HKO heatran and 1HKO glimmora un shashed. Also si one more way to handle Iron Moth lots of time but since i use heatran I could change that prob.

I'd be wary of using physical attacks to kill off Glimmora leads, especially since your team doesn't have much in the way of spinning right now. That's another reason why I don't think Earthquake is good on your Torkoal set. However, if it works for you, then I say go for it!

Sun teams are in a weird spot right now. As a fellow sun player, I wish you luck in your battles!

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Yawn
- Earthquake

torkoal is bulky enough to withstand hits and set up sun and stealth rock. Yawn is great for messing up with set up opposing threats like Careludge or dragonite while also giving you the oportunity to swich freely into your teamates that like sun like Walking Wake or Heatran. Overheat is great for hitting hard pokemons like Amungas, Alola Ninetales or even Gliscor lower enougth it's health for you sweeper to do the job. Eathquake is great move to hit pokemon like Glimmora.

Walking Wake @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Steam
- Dragon Pulse
- Flip Turn

Walking Wake in sun teams is a beast. It's higth speed and spA make it a great wallbreaker and sweeper. Having +8 spA Modest and +252 spe make it very fast in sun outspeeding even no scarf Dragapult full speed invested and while having great damage with life ord. Life orb is great beacuse it allows you to not being lock in one move in comparison to choise specs and that is great with the great coverage moves it has. Flamethrower in sun is great move to even 1HKO uninvested spD Corviknight and Amungas making it hard to switch in. Flip turn allows you to freely leave the field before sun ends and bring it back again when time needs.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 206 HP / 252 SpD / 50 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power

Heatran i a great pokemon since it's depute. It great typing and bulk allows it to swich in opposing enemy pokemon like Toxapex or Galar Slowking. Terra grass allows it to withstand water and earth attack. Magma storm and taunt is great for break annoying opposing pokemon that would otherwise would be very annoying to deal with like trick room Hatterene or Gliscor with Toxapex or Alomomola with terra grass.

Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off

Assualt vest Great Tusk has insane bulk for both Atk and spD withstanding even Dragonite spe invested 2 time dragon dance Terra normal Extremespeed while full health. The great coverage move allows it break break opposing team slow but steady. Knock of is great both for coverage and knockiing annoying items like leftoverse or boots while also can check Gholdengo if you predict correctly and hit knock off before rapid spin.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Terra Electric Dragapult is sure unexpected but is there for dealing with annoying watter pokemon like manaphy, the STAB Electric moves can 1HKO manaphy after a stealth rock damage. The reason for being into the team is to revenge kill pokemons that would be hard to deal otherwise and block spins from opposing Great Tusk due to its ghost typing.

Kingambit @ Air Balloon
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Balloon Kingambit is great for late game cleaning. Has great coverage with moves and it's great Atk stat. Terra fire is ther for avoiding Will-O-Wisp and fire type moves. Sucker Punch is great priority move but you need to be carefull ue to it's miss potential if opponent plays right. Low kick is there for handling pokemons like terra Normal Dragonite with minimum sword set up or opposing Kingambit.

Hey! We can work off the idea of sun, overall I think the build is okay but can definitely use some changes:

1. :torkoal:
Would be pretty good to start by making this a standard torkoal

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Tera Type: Flying
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

2. :walking-wake:

I understand the reasoning behind Life Orb, but this mon has such sheer power even through resists that I think Choice Specs is wholly justified. As such, I'd try going:

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

3. :heatran:
We can mess with a Heatran build but I think on this sort of team you can take advantage of the fact that its so offensive to run an offensive Balloon Heatran. This could lure grasses like Mana, while being more offensive for this sort of build.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Solar Beam / Tera Blast

4. :great-tusk:
I think a Speed booster tusk pairs well here by acting as a form of speed control +check to opposing tusk / gambit. Tusk in sun is pretty standard anyways, and BU tera steel pairs well with Balloon Tran + Gambit anyways.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner

5. :kingambit:
Heatran and Wake give this team a good stall MU anyways, so you get opened up to sets such as leftovers tera fly on this team, which eases the opposing tusk MU and gives you better outs vs Zama offense.

6. :enamorus:
Enamrous last mon fits well here by giving you a fast healing wish, secondary speed control, and a ground immune (also a revenge killer for opposing tusk/gambit/no speed wake)

LMK how this feels, and good luck:
https://pokepast.es/063574fb1fc4a326

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)