Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project

Hello, are there box sprites for the pokemon yet? I looked through the thread and didn't see anything, but maybe I just missed it. Thank you!

Kalalokki

cat im a hissy cat and i snek snek snek
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Visual Media Head
Hello, are there box sprites for the pokemon yet? I looked through the thread and didn't see anything, but maybe I just missed it. Thank you!
Do you mean the minisprites? You can either get the ones used in the game (
) at somewhere like Serebii or the resized ones to fit earlier generations sizes (:dracozolt:) by typing :dracozolt: for example.

Reactions: BP
Do you mean the minisprites? You can either get the ones used in the game (
) at somewhere like Serebii or the resized ones to fit earlier generations sizes (:dracozolt:) by typing :dracozolt: for example.
If Game Freak suddenly decides to turn the icon sprites into puny animated sprites…
OPStellar shivers with fright at the very idea.
We would probably open a whole new wing solely for making new icon sprites "SW/SH style" for all the cut Pokémon and their forms, in case they never return otherwise.

At that point, we might just need to launch a kickstarter in order to take on such a project.
For the record, if this happens, I called it. (I didn't Jynx it.)
No matter how cool those may be (if they happen, though I hope they never do), they'll never be as cool as the BW/B2W2-style animated sprites.
In it becomes the case, I also think it would be a good idea to boycott Game Freak (for making more sprites, when the inability to do so was the reason they said they cut the Pokédex).

Last edited:
If Game Freak suddenly decides to turn the minisprites into puny animated sprites…
OPStellar shivers with fright at the very idea.
We would probably open a whole new wing solely for making new minisprites "SW/SH style" for all the cut Pokémon and their forms, in case they never return otherwise.

At that point, we might just need to launch a kickstarter in order to take on such a project.
For the record, if this happens, I called it. (I didn't Jynx it.)
No matter how cool those may be (if they happen, though I hope they never do), they'll never be as cool as the BW/B2W2-style animated sprites.
In it becomes the case, I also think it would be a good idea to boycott Game Freak (for making more sprites, when the inability to do so was the reason they said they cut the Pokédex).
I literally understand zero of that, so I'll take the opportunity to say Sun and Moon use 40x30 sprites already, except Melmetal, but that's Let's Go, so there was no need to make any like the Sword and Shield project.

Just wondering , would the rest of the ultra beasts be updated after the SwSh list?
Everything happens at once. It is a lot to manage. There is no one-at-a-time thing; there is an order to things. Newer Pokémon may tend to get more attention, but that does not mean that the past gens would be completely neglected.

Before anyone asks, Shiny Minior and Magearna are being worked on since Home as given us some.
Also Shiny Marshadow, right? Because its eyes and shading…
poke_icon_0802_000_uk_n_00000000_f_n.png
poke_icon_0802_000_uk_n_00000000_f_r.png

…are different indeed.

Last edited:
I
Everything happens at once. It is a lot to manage. There is no one-at-a-time thing; there is an order to things. Newer Pokémon may tend to get more attention, but that does not mean that the past gens would be completely neglected.

Also Shiny Marshadow, right? Because its eyes and shading…
View attachment 223071View attachment 223072
…are different indeed.
We've considered it, and the very likely mistake Cosmog, not different enough to qualify getting new ones. Marshadow's current sprite and shiny are better than the ones in the games, and we're going to keep it the way it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)