Sun & Moon UU Speculation and Discussion Thread - Updated with UU Alpha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I want to make a case for our one and only pile of rocks.

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake/Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

(EVs can probably be optimized but I'm not going to worry about that in an Alpha metagame.)

We may have lost Hippo, Mandibuzz, and Jellyfish to the likes of OU, but they can't steal our spirit. Gigalith holds up as a very hard check to some of the biggest threats in the meta right now. I'm not saying it's an S rank here, but check out these calcs. I highly recommend EQ, so you can smack stuff like Jirachi that normally would get a free switch in, but if you're strapped for a Rocker than I guess Giga can serve you well.

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gigalith: 220-260 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Gigalith Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 290-344 (89.7 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO Sand damage breaks multiscale and with two turns meaing 12% chip this is a guaranteed OHKO. Doesn't do as well vs roost variants but I haven't seen a single on yet and you can switch to an appropriate check while sand will keep Multiscale from regenerating.

+1 252 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gigalith: 202-238 (54 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Gigalith Stone Edge vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 338-398 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO Guaranteed OHKO with Sand :]

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gigalith: 84-99 (22.4 - 26.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gigalith: 124-146 (33.1 - 39%) -- 8.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery Don't forget the free turn you get to kill Zard because Solarbeam becomes a two turn move in sand

0 Atk burned Gigalith Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 342-404 (115.1 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Focus Blast 2HKOes but most should be running Dragon Pulse/Wisp as Bouff said, which is very nice for Gigalith, also lol have fun hitting two Focus Misses.

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gigalith: 222-262 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gigalith: 265-312 (70.8 - 83.4%) --
guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-Therian Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gigalith: 229-270 (61.2 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Teravolt Kyurem-Black Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gigalith: 264-312 (70.5 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gigalith: 237-279 (63.3 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Muk Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gigalith: 135-160 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gigalith: 265-315 (70.8 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Gigalith ohkoes everything in this list except for Muk, who it walls completely and two shots with EQ, and Kyurem-B, who is OHKOed with rocks and one round of sand damage.

Forgot to mention in the 1v1 list if you predict right Giga does have switch in opportunities against basically everything there except like Kyu-B relatively reliably. That pretty much sums up the positives, but like I said Giga ain't no S rank. There are multiple threats in the meta that use Gigalith as setup bait, including but not limited to...

So yeah there are quite a few things that take advantage of it, and sometimes you can hard pressed to get a rest off after dealing with a powerful special attacker, but I highly encourage you guys to get out there and try out the newly improved Gigalith!

PS bug is not allowing Zydoge to be release, but it's legal in UU.
Reiterating this post.
I also would like to point out that Talonflame is pretty damn viable here, nailing a multitude of important heavy hitters in the UU metagame and Brave Bird still does a massive amount neutrally despite it not being priority anymore.

Just realized: Salazzle has access to Encore, Disable, and Substitute. That sounds really scary.

I don't want to type up a long post, but you can force switches all day and give poison to everyone, assuming they don't have a Magic Bounce.

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EV's / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Encore
- Disable

This may be absolute trash against certain teams, but it seems to be a great suicide lead for stall-oriented players.

Last edited:
Just realized: Salazzle has access to Encore, Disable, and Substitute. That sounds really scary.
I don't want to type up a long post, but you can force switches all day and give poison to everyone, assuming they don't have a Magic Bounce.
You probably just found the only way to viably make use of Salazzle's ability. I wish its ability had allowed Poison type attacking moves to be used on Steel types as well, along with the Poison chance on Steel and Poison.

Have played about 100+ total games of UU Apha so wanted to share some thoughts on some of the new stuff:

I have used mostly the scarf set. Crazy strong dragon stab with a high attack stat lets it ohko most of the stuff it is able to outspeed with its scarf. I have also seen people use the Dragonium-Z mixed set and it hits extremely hard.
A little tougher to use in this meta. Gliscor works so well on balance type teams, but currently is really tough to run standard balance with all the great balance breakers in the meta (Keldeo, Kyru-B, Char-Y). I see this being a pretty common staple for balance once some things move up/get banned.
D-Nite is the best mon in the tier IMO. It's so easily splashable on BO/HO and is a super reliable wincon that can bust through teams with just a little support. Multiscale really sets it apart from other set up sweepers in the tier. With great hazard removal options in the tier like Starmie and Lati (not to mention healing with support to restore multiscale) dragonite can take advantage of its pseudo bulk and D-Dance up on tons of choice locked mons or really anything that doesnt have ice or fairy moves. Z-Fly also gives dragonite a way to absolutely NUKE bulky mons that would otherwise be able to eat up a d-claw or earthquake in ORAS (gliscor, swampert, slowbro, amoongus, tangrowth, bulky WoW Mew). Having a strong priority option that allows it to outpace a lot other scarf/priority mons like a weakened scarf keldeo or weavile's ice shard.
Surprisingly not seen as much as you would expect right away. From what I have seen, it's great on it's own and isnt even really needed to be dedicated to a sun-team. Having a fire type mon that puts a huge dent in some of the common bulky waters in the tier such as keldeo, slowbro, primarina, starmie, with Sun-boosted fire blast and 120BP Solarbeam.
Pretty cool to have in a tier with keldo and weavile running around. Z-Belly drum can help win late game and break mid game with all the choice locked attackers in the tier with common moves that azu resists.
Not sure what keldeo's best set in this meta is currently, but it's really good at filling holes in teams. Being a pseudo mixed attacker is great especially with complimentary stab attacks. Scarf destroys offence and Specs can 2hKO most pokemon that make up common defensive cores with correct prediction. I can really see sub/cm being ran on almost any playstyle.
Insane speed relative to the rest of the tier. Great for offensive teams because it forces one of the biggest issues for offense: Scarf Keldo to usually switch in and lose its item. It also pairs fantastically with Keldeo in the same way that Sylveon paired with Krook in late ORAS Meta. Weavile traps things like Latias, Starmie (works great for keeping the pressure on teams by not letting them remove hazards). Strong ice stab is great in a tier with D-Nite and Mence running around. I have played around with Low-Kick but IMO its usually better to just run dual stab.
Does pretty much the same thing it did last gen. Great reliable hazard setter /anti lead. Works great with some of the other HO friendly mons in the tier. Fire move on a lead set is nice with sciz running around in the tier since they often like to lead with double BP or get off the slow u-turn.
great support mon that goes great with a lot of other good mons in the tier. healing wish is great paired with set up mons like D-Night, Bdrum Azu, and volcorona. its a bit overshadowed as an offensive dragon type attack by Dragonite, Mence and Kyu-B menacing around.
A top 3 mon in this meta still in my opinion. Stab CB Bullet punch is really nice for cleaning up late game. Resisting Dragonite's E-speed and being able to come in and hit it hard with a bullet punch after its been weakened while setting up is great. Can 2hko lots off offensive pokemon with CB BP even if they resist after rocks. Scizor has even more opportunities to sweep with BP late game thanks to all the insane wallbreakers in the "tier" rn. I have seen people use this for defog but I think it's better used on most teams as a CB user or SD set considering how easy it is to slap on lati or starmie for hazard removal.
Pretty cool set up mon and is a great threat with scizor being on like 80% of teams. Switching in to the common steel types like sciz and jirachi and risking them getting burned by mindlessly spamming uturns forces your opponent to play more cautiously. This is another mon that benefits from all the other reliable hazard control mons mentioned before. curious to see what the most popular item will be on this set. Have seen sash and even scarf.
I'm not sure exactly why this isn't used more. I'd like to see use of the CB set, but scarf doesnt really benefit from the speed as much in the tier due to being weak to so many common priority attacks like Azu's Aqua jet or Scizor's BP.
My personal favorite form of hazard removal. reliably switches in to keldeo. Scald is always nice and having ice or electric coverage can help feel offensive coverage gaps.
Another mon that is not used very much from what i've seen. The Twave/prankster nerf has been rough for Thundy and with weavile in the tier you need to be cautious when playing with this mon. Would be interested in seeing a defiant mixed set.
Really really splashable and for good reason. Scarf set is annoying and really useful in this meta. Scarf ice punch is cool for revenging a deadly +1 D-Nite. Fire punch can lure in sciz. Also a great stealth rock setter and could be used to lure in common hazard removal mons. Healing with support is also a bonus.
Very bulky and a speedy wow set burns a lot of good stuff (sciz, azu, dnight). spdef can switch into keld and its a great bulky defogger. May be a cool versatile offensive mon once the meta settles down.
pretty eh. Specs set is kinda fun and can hit really hard. Cool speed tier. being grounded really sucks. Loses to almost all scarf mons and gets hit hard by sicz bp.
In my opinion breloom is one of the most underutilized mons in the tier. Hogg put together a really neat sash spam team with anti lead breloom. Lead breloom is really fun to use early game to annoy opponents early game strat and also does really well if revived late game with healing with and sash intact. Not very many mons in UU Alpha that like to take spore.
IMO it is outclassed by Dnite. Moxie is useful in some situations when a quick steamroll effect is needed to sweep but is mostly not needed and can easily be achieved in 1 move from DDNite. Not being able to DD on a CB sciz like Dnight can is a bummer for mence as well.
/
Havent seen regular bro very much. Mega slowbro is really good and eats up most any physical attack unless Banded or boosted by SD or something.
not used very much due to the fact that people are probably not as eager to use it as some of the other new "UU" toys being that Zam was recently in the Oras UU tour. I think the sash version will probably be better for now just due to the huge amount of HO teams circulating around.

---

Here's a team I've used on the ladder. Highlights a lot of the things that are really good in this "meta". Have been able to comfortable hover around the top of the alpha ladder which is rare with HO.

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Explosion

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Outrage

I never thought I would say these words, but the combination of Keldeo and Weavile is tearing UU apart. OK, that might be a little hyperbolic, but the few things that Keldeo can't break are easily pursuit trapped by Weavile. It just drives Keldeo into even more broken territory. I also feel like waterspam might be a usable thing now, since we have two insanely powerful water-type wallbreakers in Keldeo and Primarina that just so happen to destroy each other's counters.

How has Guzzlord been fairing for the lot of you in UU? Personally, I feel as though it's not doing that well here either. While STAB Dark / STAB Dragon, along with having access to Fighting / Steel / Poison a bunch of other attacks is wonderful coverage wise, this thing's defensive stats just aren't that up to par. It's one thing to have massive base HP, but when you have a 4x weakness to fairy, 2x weakness to fighting, dragon, ice, and bug and base 53 defenses, you're gonna have a bad time. Not to mention its offenses are basically only passable at best, along with having terrible speed. I very potentially see this thing being the only ultra beast to drop below UU, or even RU.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

How has Guzzlord been fairing for the lot of you in UU? Personally, I feel as though it's not doing that well here either. While STAB Dark / STAB Dragon, along with having access to Fighting / Steel / Poison a bunch of other attacks is wonderful coverage wise, this thing's defensive stats just aren't that up to par. It's one thing to have massive base HP, but when you have a 4x weakness to fairy, 2x weakness to fighting, dragon, ice, and bug and base 53 defenses, you're gonna have a bad time. Not to mention its offenses are basically only passable at best, along with having terrible speed. I very potentially see this thing being the only ultra beast to drop below UU, or even RU.
Most people think it's a ringer for NU especially sincd RU will actually have competition for Dragon types this Gen with stuff like Noivern, Goodra,Flygon, Alolan Eggy, and maybe Kommo-o all making the cut. Guzzlord just... doesn't really accomplish anything with its Wailord/Drifblim stat spread and barren support movepool. Hydreigon has the speed tier, coverage, and support movepool to actually use its typing effectively. Guzzlord can sit there with semi-ok offensive prowess, garbage speed, and no way to use defensive stats that utilize its gargantuan HP.

Most people think it's a ringer for NU especially sincd RU will actually have competition for Dragon types this Gen with stuff like Noivern, Goodra,Flygon, Alolan Eggy, and maybe Kommo-o all making the cut. Guzzlord just... doesn't really accomplish anything with its Wailord/Drifblim stat spread and barren support movepool. Hydreigon has the speed tier, coverage, and support movepool to actually use its typing effectively. Guzzlord can sit there with semi-ok offensive prowess, garbage speed, and no way to use defensive stats that utilize its gargantuan HP.
Yeah I'm looking through its support movepool and basically its only viable non-attacking options are Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect, Substitute, Toxic, Stockpile (Could potentially be a viable niche), Swallow, and Spit Up. They really screwed the pooch here, all those offensive moves are basically nigh worthless without the ability to utilize them.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
some teams I made for everyone. enjoy.

Gigalith @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Play Rough
- Pursuit
- Psychic Fangs

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 160 HP / 132 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 16 SpA / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Thundurus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 16 Def / 132 SpD / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

EVs: 96 Atk / 164 SpA / 248 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 16 Def / 212 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Double-Edge

Dragonite @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 24 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 200 HP / 76 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Synthesis

FINITOOOO

lolgroudon

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Play Rough
- Pursuit
- Psychic Fangs

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Bewear @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Double-Edge

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Forretress @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Synthesis
You would make a team with a Serperior outsped by Thundy and Torn lmao

No seriously though cool teams! I like the creativity

Edit: Can we please get ZyDoge allowed in UU? I wanna play with it :(

Last edited:
I have played over 60 ladder games (Alt Kaensoul), and is pretty fun even with all the broken stuff.
Everything seems to be arround Azumarill right now, is pretty broken, you dont see many watter resist than can take a +6 Play Rough or a CB Super Power. Being able to set up in most dragon is huge, people should try Thunder Punch/Z-Fly Nite, maybe over Fire Punch if you have something for Scizor.
Kyurem-B is cool to use, but CB/LO are too slow for this meta and Scarf means than you maybe become set up fodder, and some teams carry like 2-3 fairies so you have to spam Iron Head and not the uber level Outrage.
Thundurus is cool, but have some 4MSS, TW, TB, VS, HP Ice and GK are all cool and some people want that Knock Off... I havent try the defiant set yet, seems fine with Defog Scizor becoming common and Latias being popular since day 0, and you dont see people running spinners other than Forre and thatgrassAegislashthing
Jirachi is anoying to play against, the Z-whateveriscalled is broken, +1 in every stat make him fast, bulky and hard hitter, but now than Aegislash and Lando-I are uber, i cannot see that thing not being OU next month.
Not sure if Keldeo is broken, he got many checks, and some like Jellicent will see more use when the broken mons move, Weavile and Scizor kill most of his checks, but they will not last too long here anyway. Maybe MAero and Krookodile could try the same, but that will be a diferent meta.
This tier will change a lot soon, so wathever, have fun

Preliminary predictions for what's gonna get quick banned from UU;

Azumaril, Jirachi, Mega Slowbro, Dragonite

Preliminary predictions for what's gonna be suspected but could go either way (ban / no ban);

Latias, Scizor, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Charizard-Y, Terrakion, Salamence

Preliminary predictions for what's gonna stay;

Alakazam, Gengar, Weavile, Thundurus, Starmie, Azelf, Gliscor, Volcarona, Mew, Breloom

Shit that's gonna drop like an anvil;

G U Z Z L O R D

Edit:
Also wanted to report that some players are still able to use Mega Gyarados in UU despite earlier in the thread stating that this should no longer be possible.

I never thought I would say these words, but the combination of Keldeo and Weavile is tearing UU apart. OK, that might be a little hyperbolic, but the few things that Keldeo can't break are easily pursuit trapped by Weavile. It just drives Keldeo into even more broken territory. I also feel like waterspam might be a usable thing now, since we have two insanely powerful water-type wallbreakers in Keldeo and Primarina that just so happen to destroy each other's counters.
Amoonguss, Slowbro (especially mega) is hardly Pursuit weak, Gastrodon, Alomomola for non CM sets, Mareanie (it also beats Zard-Y and other stuff. Ask Killintime), Suicune checks in a pinch, Pyukumuku, Tangrowth, Toxicroak and I'm probably missing something else. Then there's the Pursuit weak Pokemon, such as Latias and Starmie. And lastly, you have the checks and revenge killers, like Primarina, Sylveon, Tentacruel, Alakazam, Araquanaid, Azumarill, Bruxit, Crobat, Dragonite, Gyarados, Gengar, Tornadus-T, Thundurus-I, Reuniclus, Roserade, Serperior, Togekiss, Azelf, Breloom, Jirachi, Raikou, etc

You have some solid hard counters, some counters that can play around pursuit trappers, and a fuck load of checks that fit both offensive and defensive teams

Honestly, Keldeo isn't in my top 5 "most likely to be banned in the future" atm. However, I doubt it doesn't go back to OU by usage in the near future.

===

Confirming Guzzlord is dogshit

Gengar, Weavile, Thundurus |Does that include the Therian Forme?|, Breloom
Im not sure about those man... I feel like they'll be getting at least a suspect. And you forgot to mention Volcanion :P which probably won't stay too

I think the only mons that can be considered broken atm are Torn-T (because it's almost impossible to punish) and Gengar (very hard to wall with defensive teams except Alolan-Muk/Skuntank, hits hard and has enough coverage to destroy balance and has enough speed to keep up against offense)

One mon I expected to see more of is Entei, there is virtually no Suicune atm and a lot of people's fire switchs consist of either physical dragon types/Azumaril who hate the 50% burn chance. It also has SEdge which bops Araquanid and could easily be paired with a pursuit trapper to take care of Latias/Starmie! can't wait to try this thing.

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Play Rough
- Pursuit
- Psychic Fangs

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Bewear @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Double-Edge

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Forretress @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Synthesis
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuualpha-495554505

I appreciate your philanthropy. I'm ass at building, so I lurk and scavenge off folks like you and Sacri'. Cheers, King.

Preliminary predictions for what's gonna get quick banned from UU;

Azumaril, Jirachi, Mega Slowbro, Dragonite

Preliminary predictions for what's gonna be suspected but could go either way (ban / no ban);

Latias, Scizor, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Charizard-Y, Terrakion, Salamence

Alakazam, Gengar, Weavile, Thundurus, Starmie, Azelf, Gliscor, Volcarona, Mew, Breloom
I think with each tier getting stronger mons each gen, I think stuff like Jirachi and Keldeo would stay, along with things like Togekiss and Raikou, Kommo-o and such, but I think things like Mega Slowbro, Weavile, Dragonite will probably end up going.

Praying based Victini stays

Lou

going solo
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just want to talk about the pretty mermaid, Primarina.

I think Primarina will have a really good niche in UU metagame (even in OU), it Special bulk is really powerful. Has powerful coverage moves like Psychic, Energy Ball and Shadow Ball. All this makes Primarina a really danger threaten. Lacks of a viable recovery is the only thing bad in Primarina. My favorite set is: Assault Vest Primarina, this set is capable to resist a Tbolt from Xurkitree(even with Modest Nature)
252+ SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Primarina: 236-278 (64.8 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO​

Here's the set.
Primarina @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Let's explain this set. Scald is one of the main STAB attack in Primarina, a base power of 80 and 30% chance to burn the target, this can cripple Physical Attackers. Ice Beam can seriously hurts Grass-types Pokémon . Moonblast is our second STAB attack, its powerful and can lower the target's Special Attack, this can cripple Special Attackers and Psychic for Poison-types like Tentacruel and Venusaur.

That's all. Enjoy using Primarina ^-^​

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
not anything long but w/e

Glory Days (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Iron Head
- Toxic

I'm finding Doublade an amazing pokemon in the current metagame as it can beat, KyuB taking around 30% from CB Outrage, A-Ninetales, Dragonite, Jirachi, Terrakion and many more. Also only check to Hawlucha.

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Eviolite Doublade: 86-102 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- 0.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Eviolite Doublade: 54-63 (16.7 - 19.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Jirachi Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Eviolite Doublade: 60-72 (18.6 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Eviolite Doublade: 108-128 (33.5 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 160+ SpD Eviolite Doublade: 78-94 (24.2 - 29.1%) -- 36.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage

Im not sure about those man... I feel like they'll be getting at least a suspect. And you forgot to mention Volcanion :P which probably won't stay too
Volcanion might stay but honestly its fire typing is probably gonna keep it down in UU, especially with the rise of the Tapus. Fire / Water STAB is really nice and it has decent bulk, but it's pretty outclassed and easy to deal with, especially due to Charizard-Y running around constantly making its main spam move Steam Eruption essentially useless. As for Thundurus forms, it's for both. The prankster / t-wave nerf fucked over the normal form, while the alternate form has always been UU material in my eyes.

I think with each tier getting stronger mons each gen, I think stuff like Jirachi and Keldeo would stay, along with things like Togekiss and Raikou, Kommo-o and such, but I think things like Mega Slowbro, Weavile, Dragonite will probably end up going.

Praying based Victini stays
Jirachi is gonna be quickbanned, especially with the new Z-tools it got, in combination with Serene Grace, its typing, stats, and fantastic movepool, it's way too abusable in the tier.

Lou

going solo
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EV's / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Encore
- Disable

This may be absolute trash against certain teams, but it seems to be a great suicide lead for stall-oriented players.
Wow, you scared me. I'll use that moveset :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)