SV OU Sun Sweep Set Hazard Offensive team improvements needed

I need help terrible at team building highest rating reached was 1400 any every improvement would be appreciated

offensive hazard set team

Samurott-Hisui @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Razor Shell
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
Hisuian Samurott is a good lead for hyper offense teams. Move Choices: can setup spikes extremely well through its signature move ceaseless edge with sharpness, Razor Shell is Hisuian Samurott's strongest move, dealing high damage to many opposing leads such as great tusk and glimmora. Knock Off allows Hisuian Samurott to make progress against the enemy team by removing items, especially Heavy-Duty Boots. Aqua Jet is useful for finishing off faster leads such as Great Tusk. I use samurott as suicide lead then can switch into gholdengo to stop removal can sometimes even sweep with chip from spikes and nasty plot gholdengo.

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
Thanks to its great typing and Good as Gold, Gholdengo is a setup sweeper that's notably difficult to deal with. Having an additional Ground immunity with Air Balloon further improves Gholdengo's already great typing. This is especially useful against the latter, as Air Balloon strengthens Gholdengo's ability to block entry hazard removal. Maximum Speed investment is for outspeeding Dragonite and uninvested Great Tusk. 252 Special Attack EVs and Nasty Plot makes Gholdengo's STAB moves very threatening against neutral foes. Tera Fighting lessens the impact of moves like Crunch from Roaring Moon. Main use is to maintain hazards on the field with potential to sweep supporting teammates like samurott hisiuan and great tusk

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
Great Tusk is the best offensive Rapid Spin user and a fantastic wallbreaker thanks to its typing, bulk, and high-Base Power STAB attacks. Great Tusk takes on a plethora of physical attackers in the tier, including Kingambit, Garchomp, and Scizor while also threatening entry hazard setters such as Glimmora, Ting-Lu, Clodsire, and Garganacl. Knock Off prevents Air Balloon Gholdengo from completely spinblocking Great Tusk, and it also removes items such as Rocky Helmet, Leftovers, and Heavy-Duty Boots from defensive Pokemon that commonly switch into Great Tusk such as Dondozo, Corviknight, and Hatterene. Ice Spinner lets Great Tusk take on Dragonite, Roaring Moon, and Garchomp more easily, though the lack of Close Combat leaves Great Tusk walled by Corviknight and Rotom-W. Maximum Speed investment paired with a Jolly nature ensures that Great Tusk is able to outspeed Rotom-W, non-Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Jolly Dragonite. Tera Fighting makes Great Tusk much better at taking on Water-types such as Quaquaval while making Close Combat significantly harder to switch into. Heavy-Duty Boots prevents Great Tusk from being worn down by Toxic Spikes and Spikes, letting it remove entry hazards consistently throughout a match. Main use to remove hazards

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Ruination
Ting-Lu is an incredible entry hazard setter for bulky offense and balance teams alike thanks to its combination of gargantuan defensive stats, good utility movepool, and an amazing defensive ability in Vessel of Ruin. It also has a great typing that lets it answer threats such as Gholdengo, Choice Specs Dragapult, Iron Moth, and Ceruledge. Whirlwind is incredibly useful for thwarting setup Pokemon like Roaring Moon, Cresselia, and Dragonite. Ruination lets Ting-Lu deal consistent damage to bulky Pokemon like Corviknight, Rotom-W, and Hatterene. Tera Poison lets Ting-Lu act as an answer to Iron Valiant while giving it an immunity to poison damage from Clodsire’s Toxic and letting it absorb Toxic Spikes from the likes of Glimmora and Iron Moth. Ting-Lu’s premier defensive profile makes it most proficient on bulky offense and balance teams that can supply enough offensive momentum to make up for Ting-Lu’s relative passivity. Main use: Is to chip with whirlwind and stop tanks with ruination .

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
torkoal is best for setting up sun and facilitating strong sun teams, carrying them on its shell. Torkoal uses Lava Plume for its good Base Power and burn chance. Stealth Rock is used, as Torkoal is usually leading and can get entry hazards up early-game. Rapid Spin keeps entry hazards off the field, which allows it and its teammates, particularly the Fire-types, to stay healthy throughout the game. Yawn provides opportunities for its strong teammates, whether through a sleeping foe or a forced switch era Water gives Torkoal a great defensive typing, flipping matchups against Pokemon like Great Tusk and Azumarill and removing its weakness to Stealth Rock, letting it stay in the game longer and cripple the aforementioned wallbreakers with a burn. A Calm nature alongside maximum Special Defense investment can also be considered, as it can avoid the 2HKO from attacks like Iron Moth's Sludge Wave, Galarian Slowking's Future Sight and Gholdengo's unboosted Shadow Ball. Essential for lilligant-hisui use can be so effective in setting up lilligant for sweep with sun and sleep hazard .

Lilligant-Hisui @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Victory Dance
- Close Combat
- Solar Blade
- Ice Spinner
Hisuian Lilligant is a dangerous sweeper due to its high Attack, Chlorophyll-boosted Speed in sun, and access to Victory Dance, which allows it to set up on physical attackers like Great Tusk, Hisuian Samurott, and Kingambit. In sun, Hisuian Lilligant can use its Grass-type STAB move Solar Blade without the drawbacks of the normal two-turn charge. Ice Spinner allows it to hit common checks that resist both of its STAB types such as Zapdos, Amoonguss, Dragapult, and Dragonite for super effective damage. Leftovers in particular works well with Victory Dance, as Hisuian Lilligant is able to heal from some of the damage it takes while it sets up on physical attackers. A Jolly nature allows it to Speed tie Unburden Adamant Sneasler in sun, while an Adamant nature provides extra power that may be necessary to overwhelm targets like Zapdos, Amoonguss, and Zamazenta. Tera Ghost allows Hisuian Lilligant to spinblock and threaten some of its best checks in Galarian Slowking, Gholdengo, and Skeledirge with Tera Blast. Tera Ghost also allows Hisuian Lilligant to block Extreme Speed from Dragonite, preventing revenge kills. Main use : setup after torkoal use of victory dance causes it to be best win condition

Conclusion : Main fixes in my belief is ting-lu is quite useless in my experience in the team. Main positives is gholdengo through keep hazards on field and lilligant-hisui through its most vital win condition.

I will take any advice very inexperienced thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

If seems like you're trying to combine two different team ideas into one. I see two Sun Pokémon and a bunch of hazard setters. Torkoal and Lilligant feel a bit weird here since none of the rest of your team feels like it helps much with that sweep. Plus, aside from Great Tusk, Lilligant is the only Pokémon on your team that gets any benefit from Torkoal.

Hisuian Lillgant is strong, but I think it'll need more support. Unless you're teally set on keeping sun, I'd probably drop it and Torkoal for other Pokémon that help with hazard stacking. You can probably get some great mileage out of bulky Garchomp and a strong bulky sweeper.

If you do decide to keep going with sun offense, you're probably going to need some powerful Pokémon that will come in, break walls, and can actually benefit from sun. Other Protosynthesis Pokémon would be worth considering.

What is your goal with this team? What are you trying to make it look like? What's your core strategy?

What is your goal with this team? What are you trying to make it look like? What's your core strategy?

my first though was i need a hazard setter so samurott was perfect then i thought i need something to keeo hazards on field so gholdengo then i thought i need something that can sweep offensively which is helped by hazrd and thought lilligant was a good fit while it can be powered up by torkoal and can remove hazards on my side the rest of the team is just what i thought could fit best strategie really was set hazards sweep with lilligant but can also occasionaly with gholdengo if caught of guard any further input would be great

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Hello, this is a cool idea but I think a little bit conceptually misguided, so I'm gonna explain why first, and then make some pretty sweeping suggestions if you are still on board.

Focus Sash Leads and Weather Setters like Torkoal are usually not carrying their weight as full fledged members of offensive teams, usually just there to provide some crucial support and get out of the way. You are often playing 5v6 with these teamstyles, just getting your best mileage out of the remaining 5. This is hard to do but can be done. However, by combining both a Sash lead AND Torkoal, you are effectively playing 4v6, and this almost always doesn't work out. I'm not sure which angle you care about more, but I think building and piloting dedicated hstack is a lot trickier for newer players, so I'm gonna go with the simpler sun angle here. Keep Torkoal, and ditch Samurott-Hisui.

Now that's not to say the hazard stack idea is totally out the window. It just so happens that there is a pretty solid Spike setter that can fit onto sun teams, and that's Sandy Shocks

Sandy Shocks @ Soft Sand
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Spikes

This mon is quite reliant on tera to get past common threats like Gliscor, but with boosted speed under sun, it can be quite threatening regardless. With Stealth Rock on Torkoal and Spikes on Sandy Shocks, you can get up as many layers as you see fit.

Now that we have sun and layers out of the way, we need to get the most value out of sun turns as possible. If you're not clicking moves which do a bajillion damage, you're not using your sun correctly. So we are gonna get rid of the soft hitters like Gholdengo and Ting-lu and replace them with Walking Wake and Kingambit.

Finally, I think that the lilligant-hisui is too weak in its current form. Victory Dance sets must use Hustle to get necessary kills with Life Orb, and Chlorophyll sets already have the speed so they are better off going Swords Dance to catch up in power. Victory Dance+Chlorophyll is ultimately an ineffective combo that is too fast and not strong enough. I would personally go with the Swords Dance + LO set here.

Great Tusk is pretty cool here but I personally think every great tusk needs Ice Spinner in order to actually beat gliscor and be proper hazard removal. Eq+Ice Spinner is good enough, so from there I think Bulk Up and speed boosting would be neat over the current set.

I know that's a lot of changes, so here's a pokepaste with all my edits: https://pokepast.es/5f7cac401b7b6a0c
Hopefully this team works out better, good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.

thank you so much let me try it if you could ive made another team thats has improved my win rate massively increasing my rating by 300 if you could give that a look would be greatly appreciate but thanks for this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)