Sunny Day team with a twist

I've made a few teams, and this is one for shoddy that doesn't seem to work so well. I need help to make it better, so... Here it is:

Rapidash@Focus Sash
Flash Fire
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~Sunny Day
~Hypnosis
~Poison Jab
~Megahorn

The point of this pokemon is to try one hypnosis, if possible then set up sunny day. It does not need a heat rock, because I do not rely on sun. But it helps set up my sweepers.

Victreebel@Focus Sash
Chlorophyll
Adamant
4 HP / 252 SA / 252 Spd
~Sludge Bomb
~Energy Ball
~Hidden Power [Ground]
~Sleep Powder

This is my main sweeper. Poison + Grass + Ground give good coverage, and is the best set for a special Victreebel. Energy Ball over Solarbeam because I'm not alwasy sure to have sun. Sleep powder just in case, and Hidden Power ground because I want to cover the things my STAB moves miss.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Own Tempo
Modest
252 HP / 252 SA / 4 SD
~Slack Off
~Fire Blast
~Surf
~Psychic

This is my suprise Pokemon. It can take the fire hits, and suprise people with Fire Blast. Surf on a sunny day team seems wierd, but Psychic is a good STAB move in sun and surf can do significant damage after. Slack Off keeps it in there for longer.

Lapras@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Modest
252 HP / 252 SA / 4 SD
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Sleep Talk
~Rest

Lapras is my resttalker. It has good hp, a Stab Ice move and thunderbolt for water types. With two fire types and an abundace of bulky waters, it comes in on water types that want to douse my fires. Lapras can then counter attack with thunderbolt, and Ice beam for stab, even in sun. Resttalk for a sleep absorber, and for longevity.

Houndoom@Focus Sash
Flash Fire
Modest
4 HP / 252 SA / 252 Spd
~Nasty Plot
~Heat Wave
~Dark Pulse
~Hidden Power [Rock]

Focus sash ensures a nasty plot. This is generally my switch in after rapidash dies. I nasty plot up, then can sweep with heat wave and dark pulse. Hidden power rock to hit Other flash fire pokemon that might switch in to take it out.

Espeon@Focus Sash
Syncronize
Modest
4 HP / 252 SA / 252 Spd
~Psychic
~Hidden Power [Fighting]
~Calm Mind
~Baton Pass

Espeons job is to take out the abundant fighting types. Dark type switch ins get taken out by hidden power fighting. Blissey also fears hp fighting. It is a calm mind set, with baton pass, because 5/6 of my pokemon are special.

The general Idea of this team is to set up sun, and then switch to Victreebel or Houndoom. With victreebel, try a sleep powder unless you were sucessful with hypnosising with rapidash, and then use your stab attacks and occationally HP Ground to take out your foes. With Houndoom, Nasty plot up and then sweep. If possible, bring in a late game rapidash for one last desperate megahorn or sunny day. If you get sun late game, switch in the suprise slowbro for fire blast. If water types threaten your team, switch in Lapras. Espeon is my late game sweeper, and also to protect against fighting moves.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
4 sashers is a no-no, and one sunny dayer isn't enough to warrant it's use. The recommended amount is 3.

Only keep the sash on rapidash. Is it just me or is your set for rapidash really weird? No STAB fire move to take advantage of sunny day? Poison jab? Replace poison jab with a fire move and maybe try to find a slot for solarbeam to make it a sunny beamer set. Personally though I think your better off with either a non-sunny day set or a different sunny day lead.

This team makes no sense... Poison jab on rapidash? that onlt covers grass, which is better taken down by STAB fire attacks... surf under sunny day on slowbro? only one that actually needs sunny day or can use it effectively. 3 SR weaks and no one to spin them off? Slowbro as the only wall and even its sturdyness comes via HO EV's?... no no no... I suggest you to rethink the whole synergy of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)