Super-Effectivemons

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We can do what other metagames have done and only allowed for one of these moves to be used on a moveset. That way psychic types can't run both Dark Void and Tail Glow.
Oh yeah, a clause of sorts. That could work. Yeah, I think we'll talk about that soon.

Valmanway

Serperior is so good. So good it needs a ban!!!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-112657029
This was when I was trying to test a new team using mons that are able to use their unrealesed HA.
Serperior too Superior.
That could be extremely broken, but I think the significance of Haze/Topsy-Turvy will be somewhat like Rapid Spin is for field hazards; it's just something you likely need to have. Though we'll see how things play out as time passes.

In fact, Haze effects both sides of the field like Defog, and Topsy-Turvy is for only one side like Rapid Spin. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited:
I thought he said that bw2 abilities were back otherwise thered be no sheer force feraligatr, also reckless bravebird on mienshao has been awesome as it also gets roost.
Sheer Force Feraligatr Bolt Strike, Contrary Serperior Overheat, Yeah, I can see this working. Okay, as of now, hidden abilities are available for all Pokemon.
For hidden abilities, we'll pretend they were released in B/W2, so they can use tutor moves from back then.
Chandelure has Infiltrator, not Shadow Tag, for what it seems Valmanway said.
I'll wait for him to answer though.

Oh yeah, a clause of sorts. That could work. Yeah, I think we'll talk about that soon.
No Evasion Clause?

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh god Mega Mawile now gets V-Create
Also the OP says both Stone Edge and Diamond Storm dispite Diamond Storm being the same thing except more accurate and exchanging a high crit rate for a 40% chance to lower defense or something like that. You should probably remove Stone Edge from the notable moves gained list.
Alse that Coil Tangrowth set would be even better with Sacred Fire

Last edited:
I think he meant a clause where a Pokemon can only use one (or two) of the SE attacks.
If we want to discuss it right now, it would probably be better for one. Because 2 gives you everything you need to sweep with like Alakazam (Tail Glow + Dark Void)

Though this makes me think...until we come up with a ruling...how does Sweeper Male Meowstic sound? I don't know if anyone suggested it or not.

Meowstic (Male)
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed
Tail Glow
Dark Void
Psyshock
Dark Pulse/Energy Ball/Thunderbolt

Of course the crux of this set is Prankster Dark Void. The only other Pokemon that can do it is Mega Banette but I think I heard Prankster doesn't work on the turn you mega evolve (the time you'd want to use Dark Void). The problem is that Meowstic (in particular the Male Meowstic) gets jack shit for coverage and it could use extra moveslots since the first two moves are downright required. The problem is, each of the last three moves takes down some important Pokemon (for example Dark Pulse: Celebi, Energy Ball: Krookodile, Thunderbolt: Bisharp). You could forgo Psyshock for it, but then the blobs will wall you and a part of me really hates not using STAB. You can also run Shadow Ball, but the only thing that'll do is allow you to hit Fairies neutrally which, with the exception of Mawile, Klefki, and Mr. Mime gets hit neutrally by Psyshock. All of which Thunderbolt can do instead...

The only thing that the Female Meowstic's moveset would have provided would have been Stored Power, but without Prankster Dark Void it's not worth it at all.

Too bad it doesn't get Baton Pass. It could have been decent with it.

Valmanway

A few things to say. First, Chandelure has Infiltrator, yes. If a Pokemon has abilities in 5th gen but not anymore, they stay in 5th gen. Second, evasion clause is still up, so no Double Team shenanigans. And finally, it's true Diamond Storm is better than Stone Edge, I was kind of exhausted at the time of typing that. lol That has been changed.

Valmanway

If we want to discuss it right now, it would probably be better for one. Because 2 gives you everything you need to sweep with like Alakazam (Tail Glow + Dark Void)

Though this makes me think...until we come up with a ruling...how does Sweeper Male Meowstic sound? I don't know if anyone suggested it or not.

Meowstic (Male)
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed
Tail Glow
Dark Void
Psyshock
Dark Pulse/Energy Ball/Thunderbolt

Of course the crux of this set is Prankster Dark Void. The only other Pokemon that can do it is Mega Banette but I think I heard Prankster doesn't work on the turn you mega evolve (the time you'd want to use Dark Void). The problem is that Meowstic (in particular the Male Meowstic) gets jack shit for coverage and it could use extra moveslots since the first two moves are downright required. The problem is, each of the last three moves takes down some important Pokemon (for example Dark Pulse: Celebi, Energy Ball: Krookodile, Thunderbolt: Bisharp). You could forgo Psyshock for it, but then the blobs will wall you and a part of me really hates not using STAB. You can also run Shadow Ball, but the only thing that'll do is allow you to hit Fairies neutrally which, with the exception of Mawile, Klefki, and Mr. Mime gets hit neutrally by Psyshock. All of which Thunderbolt can do instead...

The only thing that the Female Meowstic's moveset would have provided would have been Stored Power, but without Prankster Dark Void it's not worth it at all.

Too bad it doesn't get Baton Pass. It could have been decent with it.
Yeah, I think we should discuss Spore/Dark Void + Tail Glow now.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh god Mega Mawile now gets V-Create
Also the OP says both Stone Edge and Diamond Storm dispite Diamond Storm being the same thing except more accurate and exchanging a high crit rate for a 40% chance to lower defense or something like that. You should probably remove Stone Edge from the notable moves gained list.
Alse that Coil Tangrowth set would be even better with Sacred Fire
Diamond Storm has a 50% to raise your own defense, not lower opponents defense

Also I am more considered about Jirachi, we just gave it 100% burn Sacred Fire, 100% special attack boosting Fiery Dance, and 80% accuracy dropping Night Daze

Last edited:

Valmanway

This might sound like a not-so-fun idea, but what if we don't include unreleased hidden abilities? It would be a quick fix that works, but will basically make Serperior obsolete, though Serperior may or may not be very centralizing due to Contrary with Leaf Storm and V-Create to throw around, as DizzyDancer's replay showed us. So what I'm asking you guys is do you want to ban unreleased abilities or ban Serperior entirely? Pick your poison.

I agree with Mike. V-Create, Leaf Storm, Overheat, Contrary... dear God, that's scary as fuck! It won't make that much of a difference to undo the unreleased abilities, the main argument for it was Sheer Force Feraligatr and Contrary Serperior, iirc, so no big deal.

That could be extremely broken, but I think the significance of Haze/Topsy-Turvy will be somewhat like Rapid Spin is for field hazards; it's just something you likely need to have. Though we'll see how things play out as time passes.

In fact, Haze effects both sides of the field like Defog, and Topsy-Turvy is for only one side like Rapid Spin. Coincidence? I think not.
Mega-Banette with topsy-turvy might become quite common
Edit: Meowstic too

This might sound like a not-so-fun idea, but what if we don't include unreleased hidden abilities? It would be a quick fix that works, but will basically make Serperior obsolete, though Serperior may or may not be very centralizing due to Contrary with Leaf Storm and V-Create to throw around, as DizzyDancer's replay showed us. So what I'm asking you guys is do you want to ban unreleased abilities or ban Serperior entirely? Pick your poison.
I'd ban Contrary Serperior because other not-as-threatening Pokemon like Feraligatr and Emboar will be obsolete and not as good as they can be.

And most other Hidden Abilities aren't as threatening as Contrary, like Sturdy Regirock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)