Super Offensive Doubles

Lets get into it shall we?

At a first glance:

As you can tell this Doubles Team can dish out serious damage, especially on the Physical Side whilst Zapdos can rape the Special Side... so lets take a further look:

Bishop (Hitmonlee) @ **Berry that heals Confusion
Abilty: Unburden
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Probably the most threatening thing on the team if the opponent doesn't know how to counter it. The idea is to open Hitmonlee with Whimsicott. Hitmonlee will use Fake Out on the most threatning opponent whilst Whimsicott will use Swagger on Hitmonlee forcing it to use Lum Berry. After that it will have +2 Atk (thanks to Swagger) and Double Speed (due to Unburden). Pretty nice for me, but for the opponent they have to think about how they will counter this sudden behemoth that can OKHO just about anything with Close Combat and pick off weaker opponents with Rock Slide and Earthquake. Oh yeah, it's very, very fast as well meaning that only a priority attack can beat it which is probable because of Close Combat's effect of lower Hitmonlee's Defence and Sp.Defence. Other than that, this thing will sweep an entire team if given the chance.

Pawn (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Abilty: Prankster
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Spe/ 128 SpD
- Swagger
- Encore
- Beat Up
- Tailwind

The supporter that should not be underetimated. Prankster means that Whimsicott will always use any move in this moveset with +1 priority, so it will almost always go first. That means that it can Swagger Hitmonlee with no problems, Encore a supporting move such as Trick Room that the opponent used and use an Emergency Tailwind if needed. Beat Up is for Terrakion. Usually Terrakion will get a +4 or +5 boost from this which is enough to sweep a team

Rook (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

The next best thing when it comes to sweeping in this team. With the support of Whimsicott it will gain enough Atk to OKHO almost everything with its 2 fabulous STAB moves. Without Whimsicott, it's still pretty good. Focus Sash is used to survive a deadly Surf, Earthquake or Bullet Punch which could easily end Terrakion. Protect is to avoid Attacks aimed at Terrakion and it alows Zapdos to use Discharge and Hitmonlee, Salamence and Krookodile to use Earthquake.

King (Salamence) @ Lum Berry
Abilty: Moxie
Nature: Naive
EVs: 192 Atk/ 62 SpA/ 252 Spe
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Heat Wave

Usually it can sweep by itself with 1 Moxie Boost but with Whimsicott's Tailwind it is fast(er) as well. Outrage is a vicious attack even in Doubles however it has no control over who it will hit, which is why Dragon Claw is present to pick a target. Earthquake is a standard Doubles Move that hurts but should only be used in the presnece of Zapdos or Terrakion usung Protect. Heat Have is a bit odd but it nails Nattorei and is Double-hitting in Doubles.

Queen (Zapdos) @ **Berry that resists Rock**
Abilty: Lightningrod
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Zapdos gets even better in Doubles thanks to B2W2 giving it both Lightningrod AND Heat Wave. Thunderbolt is the usual STAB that can deal good damage whilst Discharge can be used in the presence of Krookodile and Protecting Terrakion.

Knight (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

Finally, we have Krookodile, the revenge killer. Moxie makes it vicious after just 1 kill. It works best with Zapdos it can Discharge all day whilst Krookodile can Earthquake freely. Brick Break is used over Low Kick becuase of Dual Screens which is quite common in Doubles. Crunch is the STAB for Psychics and Rock Slide for the rest. Usually Krookodile comes in at the end of the match so it won't have to switch out due to other Pokemon but it can function at the beggining of a match due to Moxie...

Well, that is my chess board. Rate this team and I PROMISE I will return the favour :)

hi, let me start off with complementing your idea of having a Hitmonlee on the lead. It's not only faster than the overrated Hitmontop but also thanks to Unburden can outspeed many scarfed sweepers like Terrakion. when you combine this speed with it's attack doubled after swagger it's an amazing Pokemon to have on the front.

however i think you need to fix some things, what you'll see after a few battles. in my opinion the biggest holes in your team's defense is an awful weakness to ice. four of your Pokes are weak to it (one 4x), none resists it. moreover you lack ice-type moves, which are really useful in the age of everywhere-present dragons like Salamence and Garchomp. if you taught Zapdos HP-ice, it would be able to handle (with a little help from Charti Berry) most of the ice-weak threats.

what's more, if i were you, i'd put there a bulky supporting Pokemon like Cresselia or a special attacker like Chandelure (in case you wanna keep it really offensive) instead of Salamence, which is in my opinion redundant in the role it has now. if you really wanna use it, i'd make it a revenge killer (rather physical, considering it's access to Moxie) instead of Krookodile.

generally i like the idea with Hitmonlee or Terrakion with Whimsicott on the lead which is in my opinion the strongest point of your team but you have nothing to counter weather and TR teams. moreover a t-wave Thundurus could be a trouble to your Hitmonlee. if you put a taunt to your Whimsicott it could play a role in stopping Thundurus (fake out and taunt on the first turn, then Rock Slide if it doesn't switch) and in preventing from setting up the Trick Room.

First of all, thank you for rating!!

I'd be a shame to lose Salamence but I actually like the idea of Cresselia. I think something like Reflect, Light Screen, Lunar Dance and Icy Wind would do good. Icy Wind especially is an Ice Type attack that lowers the speed of both my opponents. Dual Screens also alow Ice to be less of a worry to my team and Lunar Dance can heal a weakened Terrakion or Krookodile to be ready for another sweep.

As for Whimsicott, I agree. I'll use Taunt over Tailwind maybe? Cresselia's Icy Wind will make it useless anyway...

Getting HP Ice on my Lightningrod Zapdos? I just won't have the patience for that. I'm not using this team in a simulator so I can't click my fingers for these things to happen...

generally the best thing to do is to test this team on pokemon-online.eu simulator to see its weaknesses and all the stuff, that's what i'm doing at the moment with a sketch of my new team to see how many corrections are needed. if you're interested in doubles see RMT -> Other Teams -> VGC. Icy Wind on Cresselia is a good thing unless your opponent is running a trick room, otherwise you'll just boost his speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)