XY Doubles Super slow, super speed

In preparation for the upcoming Super Speed doubles tournament, hosted by Pokemon GL, I decided to create the exact opposite of a super speed team: A Trick Room team! So without further ado, let's get started!

First we have the Trick Room setters:

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252HP/156 Def/100SpD
Calm Nature
-Trick Room
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting

When looking for a trick room setter, I always go to Cofagrigus, mainly because he is almost guaranteed to get trick room off due to his stellar defenses and immunity to Fake Out. After setting Trick Room, he is generally able to get a Nasty Plot in and start hitting hard. Even without any investment, his special attack reaches a stellar 450. Backed by his defensive potential, he has plenty of room to hit hard.

Gallade @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252HP/252Atk/4SpD
Adamant Nature
-Trick Room
-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Leaf Blade

Gallade is my back up Trick Room setter. Originally this slot was filled by Jellicent, but I decided to go with a setter that has a little more offensive prowess. A Close Combat backed by a 125 Attack stat can push through almost any wall that doesn't resist it, and after a boost from Justified, he is almost un-matched in physical damage. Leaf Blade and Psycho Cut are there for coverage, with an added bonus of a high critical hit ratio.

Next up, the sweepers. Let's start with the Physical side.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252HP/252Atk/4SpD
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Swords Dance
-Protect

Scizor has recently aquired a new occupation: Fairy-Slayer. His Swords-Dance-boosted Bullet Punch can rip holes in any fairy type that dares come his way. Psychic, grass, and dark types don't seem to like him much either, as a Technician backed Bug Bite can easily eat them up. He is also my dedicated Slowbro killer, as Slowbro can't really stand up to the Bug Bite.

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252HP/252Atk/4Def
Brave Nature
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Protect

Rhyperior is one of the best physical tanks in doubles, with sky-high Attack, HP, and Defense. His only problem? His abysmal speed. And we can fix that with Trick Room. So Rhyperior gets out there, hits hard and takes names. Most of the time he likes to be paired up with Honchkrow so he can get free Earthquakes. Otherwise he just hits with Rock Slide or Megahorn. Protect keeps him safe from those dreaded Water types, while hopefully a teammate takes them out.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk/252SpAtk/4SpDef
Mild Nature
-Brave Bird
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower
-Heat Wave

Honchkrow serves as my mixed sweeper. His main advantage is the access to STAB boosted Sucker Punch. Priority is a necessity for when Trick Room goes down. Heat Wave is to have a spread move, and to break through physical walls that he just can't take down. It's also the only fire-type move on my team, and a big necessity for Ferrothorn, Scizor, Foretress, and Escavalier.

Empoleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252HP/252SpAtk/4SpDef
Modest Nature
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Flash Cannon
-Signal Beam

Finally I get a chance to use one of my favorite Pokemon. Empoleon equipped with an Assault Vest turns out to be quite the special tank, with it's Defense stat covered just fine by it's incredible and unique typing. Fairly simple EV spread gives him enough power to hit hard. The moves are mainly for coverage, with Signal Beam hitting Psychic types, with a small chance of confusing the target. Scald is put in over Hydro Pump for accuracy, and over Surf because I don't want to hit my teammates.

In conclusion, I feel like this is a fairly solid base to go off of, but I know there is always room to improve. If there is room to improve, feel free to comment!​

any vs videos, pokemon showdown replays we can look at ? and also if this is used for xy battlespot doubles which only allows 4 pokemons, which do you choose ?

Hello there! Great team from the looks of things! A few things that need improvement but that's ok. Let's get to it!
1. If using a trick room team, put natures on your pokemon that lower their speed (e.g. Brave > adamant on Gallade). This will allow your pokemon to outspeed others inside of trick room which is the whole point of using it.
2. Same thing as point 1, have 0ivs on all of your pokemon. Again, this will help them to outspeed opposing pokemon of the same species under trick room.
Apart from those little things I can't see anything bad with your team. Amoonguss may be trouble for your team when you set up trick room because it will outspeed all of your pokemon, even with speed lowering natures I believe. Priority spore is never a good thing. Anyways, get back to you later when I find something ( which will be in about 5 seconds after I post this). Good Luck!

any vs videos, pokemon showdown replays we can look at ? and also if this is used for xy battlespot doubles which only allows 4 pokemons, which do you choose ?
I would probably only use this in a 6v6 capacity. I don't really have the abilities to upload any videos, but I appreciate the thought.

Hello there! Great team from the looks of things! A few things that need improvement but that's ok. Let's get to it!
1. If using a trick room team, put natures on your pokemon that lower their speed (e.g. Brave > adamant on Gallade). This will allow your pokemon to outspeed others inside of trick room which is the whole point of using it.
2. Same thing as point 1, have 0ivs on all of your pokemon. Again, this will help them to outspeed opposing pokemon of the same species under trick room.
Apart from those little things I can't see anything bad with your team. Amoonguss may be trouble for your team when you set up trick room because it will outspeed all of your pokemon, even with speed lowering natures I believe. Priority spore is never a good thing. Anyways, get back to you later when I find something ( which will be in about 5 seconds after I post this). Good Luck!
I appreciate that! I may end up keeping some of them they way they are, because I would like to be able to function without trick room, so some of them may stay the way they are, but I will decide which ones sometime in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)