Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Does zss's paralyzer have a set knockback velocity for %s or how much charged or their weight or what? That seems like it could give way more ko power to zss ;o

The 3ds controller isn't usable in for glory and the gamepad (the closest direct resemblance to the 3ds) is kind of buggy for me when it comes with shielding. (it almost always grabs even if I'm just pressing shield which means it's hard for me to reliably dodge)

I need some good ideas for grips or something so my 3ds XL can have the feel of a GameCube controller/Classic pro controller. This way I can still play online and enjoy the beautiful graphics while I can while still be able to comfortably play 3ds XL smash as well as use my 3ds XL controller for tournaments. (When the new 3DS XL controller comes out I really believe I'll have a huge advantage if I just get comfortable with it now so..)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you aren't using the second control stick you aren't playing smash properly.

Also: 100% credits challenge, anyone have any tips on this bad boy?

So I went ahead and played some Crazy Orders with Robin, got pretty far, and then got a Orders-breaking glitch.

So I got caught by that one attack where Crazy Hand pulls the background to reveal a vortex, I naturally struggled...and I was stuck in the rift. I had 3-4 CDs, too, and I had to start over.

#robinconfirmedglitchiestcharacter, even when outside RNG, Robin gets screwed by RNG.

That was not Robin's fault, though, it has happened to plenty of people, including me with Kirby on first Crazy Orders run.

It hasn't happened since, though, since dodging the attack is very easy in reality, just roll away constantly when it starts.

Characters with large range smashes and down airs that bring them all the way to the ground (Sheik, Sonic, etc) have a pretty easy time of reaching 100%.

I have an easier time with characters that have vertical attacks that cover a large range. ZSS (dair, up smash) and Pikachu (down B mostly) were pretty easy to hit 100% with, just focus on covering columns of the picture because the very top and bottom are hardest to fill.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
According to the YMMV page for Smash on TV Tropes, Little Mac was banned. Is this true (not a comp guy so I don't know these things)?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
According to the YMMV page for Smash on TV Tropes, Little Mac was banned. Is this true (not a comp guy so I don't know these things)?
Well smashboards which to smash is like what smogon is to Pokemon didn't really have anything about that so probably not.

Also Little Mac isn't even top 10 lol

Hey everyone, E2C, Hypest, & RTGN are holding a massive online Smash 4 tournament with $1000 in prizes. This may possibly be the biggest online Smash 4 tournament ever. You can check out the event page herehttps://www.facebook.com/events/321152068082677/ and register herewww.events2compete.com. It's completely free so this is a good chance for you to see how you compare with players worldwide. The more people that join, the more likely we are to get more sponsors and increase payouts.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I got close with Bowser Jr. (99%) and idr, probably Zelda or Shiek (99% again) I don't remember how I did it but it was crazy awesome.

So I don't have a WiiU. Anyone play SSB on the 3DS? I feel like the controls would feel clunky and odd on a handheld. Just want some opinions before I buy it.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I don't have a WiiU. Anyone play SSB on the 3DS? I feel like the controls would feel clunky and odd on a handheld. Just want some opinions before I buy it.
the controls are actually surprisingly comfortable on the 3DS. I won't say it's better than a controller but it's definitely playable. You're a lot more prone to making mistakes though cuz the circle pad can fuck up sometimes. An example with Sheik (my main) would be accidentally using side B instead of down B when off-stage, which would instantly kill me as opposed to Side B being used for recovery. I did that oh so many times.

Other than that though it's fine. Only thing I could wish for is the secondary stick on the new 3DS but I lived without it for 240 hours (my playtime) on the 3DS so yeah, lol.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
My biggest issue with the 3DS version is fast falling when you are using d air. Can't count how many times I died or put myself in a bad position because of this. Also it sucks to use n air too. Both situations where c-stick really shines here. It's not the end of the world but it can be very frustrating sometimes.

aVocado

@ Everstone
ah yeah, that can be annoying too, but I learned how to avoid it. Up air still annoys me though, I would often double jump with using uair without wanting to double jump.

also the handheld controls are a bit more clunkier in general. U'd be free to do more stuff with a controller, a la dashdancing and all that jazz.

Thanks for the opinions. I figure buying it for the 3DS is better then shelling out hundreds for the Wiiu (i don't really console game anymore anyway) and I'd play it for fun not competitive so the stupid mistakes would probably amuse me. I just hope they have it on the online store cause digital copies have spoiled me.

Thanks for the opinions. I figure buying it for the 3DS is better then shelling out hundreds for the Wiiu (i don't really console game anymore anyway) and I'd play it for fun not competitive so the stupid mistakes would probably amuse me. I just hope they have it on the online store cause digital copies have spoiled me.
I got mine on the eshop! Just make sure you have enough room before uploading your money. I did that with ORAS ;-;

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ah yeah, that can be annoying too, but I learned how to avoid it. Up air still annoys me though, I would often double jump with using uair without wanting to double jump.
Uh, you do realize that you could have just gone under controls and turned tap jump off, right? I had the same issue, but I was fine once I disabled the tap jump feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)