Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

I just read the last page and lmao who the fuck bans Little Mac.
3DS controls are good. It's a good thing you can customize them but I leave them the way they are. Tap Jump is meh....I mean I have it on but still.

Sweet release!

I was only missing the 700 trophies challenge when I took that screenshot, but a quick Trophy Rush got me the couple of trophies needed to reach that.

I'M ALL SMASHED OUT NOW, I'LL GO PLAY MARIO KART FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, SEE YA ON THE 1ST, SMASH!

I don't know if 2 Million Gold being the actual final reward (for clearing all of the challenges) is better or worse than just a power-up...

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The more I think about it the more saddened I am by the lack of true move customization. What I would give if every fighter had move options like Mii's/Palutena. Does Mario not deserve a hammer attack, Kirby could use a lot more ablities, and Link has a whole arsenal of stuff. Every character could keep minor variations of their good custom moves or just rearrange functions around the move slots. Some of the random blander moveset characters could have just more random stuff or heck moves that better represent their character (hi Ganondorf). I just cannot stand all the characters with Counter moves as well (why Palutena needed one is beyond me). I am hoping that breaking open this game might result in such possibilities, and if the game is coded exactly like Brawl (which seems to be the case) then things will happen very quickly in that regard.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Pac-Man is broken af (On For Glory 2v2; though they are vulnerable at the start of sudden death. :s)

How high can Pacman get before dying? I'd wager that link could have hit them for a double kill with a bomb, or even failing that that other characters could have ways to disrupt that strategy (pit's directional arrows, falco jumping the fuck up there, other pacmans comboing, sonic's spring being used as a lay up for someone else, PK thunder, DDD's recovery maybe). That being said, IDT I named a viable competitive character, so what do I know

You can go above the top blastzone, you'll only die if you're above it while in hitstun. That's why you can kill Kirby during his upthrow and such.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I like how the trick is like the opposite of the Luigi Ladder. Needs team attack off to work, where Luigi's needs it on. It's also really really easy, while the Luigi Ladder is pretty hard to sustain for long periods of time without one player accidentally killing the other.

After about 400 2v2 matches I actually haven't run into a team of Pacman. Mainly its one player as Pit/Charizard/Falcon/Ganon to spam side B or Link/Samus/DHD/Villager spamming projectiles, and the other player as ZSS/Falcon/Mac/Ganon to attack. I dont know who told everyone this was a good idea because it isn't. Its actually very easy to punish the idiot using side B and thats typically where I tend to win, because most players ive fought have no idea what to do once realizing they cant spam anymore.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
So unless I'm misunderstanding how that trick works completely, that could be patched by making it so that Pac-Man's trampoline doesn't refresh when he jumps on another Pac-Man's trampoline, right? That would prevent the trick without completely altering how Pac-Jump works for the most part, although it might also make it difficult for a Pac-Man team to recover together should they both end up on the same side off-stage, among other issues.

---------------------------------

On an unrelated note, I'm amazed at how glitchy Trophy Rush can be. In addition to some other stuff like blocks occasionally overlapping when they fall on each other, I had this happen to me a few days ago (apparently this has been happening to people since the 3DS version but this is the first time I've had it happen to me on the Wii U).

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
As someone who used to main Amumu, this is what I do for tank junglers right now. People were doing it in season 4 with the Ancient Golem back then, but I think its even more necessary now.

I think tank junglers should be using 3 armor quints, scaling health seals, scaling MR Glyphs, and 9 hybrid penetration marks. The other option is MS Quints, 9 armor seals, AS Marks, Scaling MR Glyphs.

I say this because they aren't tanky enough, need to be stronger against invades, need to scale better into mid game if they are power farming because they can't keep up with the enemy jungler, and because AP quints on junglers haven't performed. I assume they haven't performed because its impossible to powerfarm as fast with an AP tank jungler unless you are Amumu so you might as well play to a different strength.

Scaling HP seals work very nicely with Maokai's passive and Sejuani's W scaling. It works with the perseverance mastery. You just need to be tanky enough so you can buy magic penetration to carry a game.

------

Volibear is secret op all across the elos. He scales stupidly well vs teams who don't have the assets to deal with both his tankiness and great damage.

Volibear is incredible. I personally wouldn't even touch Mundo anywhere knowing there is a Nasus or a Volibear around. Volibear auto wins too many games because he is way too tanky for too many teams to deal with. Vs squishy teams he just can 1 v 2 so easily, get fed so easily, does great aoe damage, great peel, and hes just awesome for sieging due to how tanky he is. He's great vs AP burst but hes also great vs ad champs which don't build ruined king, but all the ruined king users lose to him.

He gets tankier or as tanky as Singed while not having a weak point at any phase of the game. He has two smites because his W does a ton of damage vs low health enemies. Hes really super good and id say he is easily the best tank jungler right now. Scaling Armor Seals, 29% AS, and still able to be Volibear in the early game. I feel like I never have a bad Volibear game before. There is always something you can do with Volibear, even if you lose.

The hyper carry ADC nerfs were a huge buff to him. Whenever I fight a Lucian with Volibear, I feel like tickle me Elmo. I like to build Ruined King on him vs tanky champions.

-----

Contrary to popular belief, I think Nasus is one of the best top laners to take against AP champions in the top lane. Sustain, natural tankiness, Flask + 3 pots, Spirit Visage, no pressure to kill your opponent since you won't get outscaled. I like to use 2 MS quints, a magic resist quint, flat mr glyphs, scaling hp seals.

I am pretty sure this is the wrong thread...

Smash related: I am slowly working on challenges on the WiiU version... Don't have as much spare time as I want atm, but some of them are just plain annoying for "okay" players. Or are irritatingly specific (Score between 500 and 505 Meters on the HRC as ROB)... Is it just a slog from now on to complete them?

That one's not so bad, you just have to get 100% damage if I remember it right. I figured it out after 5 tries of fucking around, then got exactly the right numbers on the 7th or 8th. I do agree though, the Wii U version's challenges are a slog (completing classic with every character above level 7? No thanks, I have a life) and I'll likely be using the golden hammers to unlock a few of the final things that I just don't have the time or initiative to complete.

Better then Brawl's 2m replay limit.
What is the max though? I think I have like 7 custom stages.
I think 90. Replays take up the same slots for some reason, so I can't save any replays...

EDIT: If you're curious, here's a complete list of the stages I have right now. I'm a bit under the limit because I've been doing a little spring cleaning.

Key:
*= Polished for visual detail

• Hyrule Castle*
  • Yoshi's Story*
  • Sector Z
  • Planet Zebes
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Metal Cavern*
  • Tutorial Stage*
  • Debug Stage 2

• Venom*
  • Peach's Castle*
  • Pokémon Stadium: Fire Form*
  • Pokémon Stadium: Rock Form*
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Fourside*
  • Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Debug Stage/"Coffee Shop"
  • Pirate Ship*
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Shadow Moses Island
  • Sample S: Hole*
  • Sample M: Bath*
  • Sample L: Maze*
  • All-Star Rest Area*

• Pac-Maze*
  • Golden Plains*

• Pokémon Stadium 2 M*
  • Rumble Falls M*
  • Norfair M (3.1 version)*
  • WarioWare, Inc. M*
  • Practice Room

(From SSF2 unless otherwise specified)

• Emerald Hill Zone (SSF1)*
  • Temple (SSF1)*
  • Bowser's Castle*
  • Galaxy Tours: Comet Observatory*
  • Sky Sanctuary Zone*
  • Twilight Town*
  • Planet Namek*
  • Hueco Mundo*

• Burned Tower*
  • Cut Man's Arena*
  • Q*Bert*
  • Outer Space*

• Goronu (Link: The Faces of Evil)*
  • Ludwig's Thump Castle Hotel (Hotel Mario)*
  • Glitch City (Pokémon Red/Blue)
  • Hall of Origin (Pokémon Diamond/Pearl)*
  • Tower (Donkey Kong (Game Boy))*
  • Haldera Volcano (Kirby Fighters Deluxe)*
  • Waddle Dee Tracks (Kirby Fighters Deluxe)*
  • December 31, 2030 (Animal Crossing (GCN))
  • Mario's Cement Factory (Game & Watch)
  • Flower World (Panel de Pon)*
  • Sheriff (Sheriff, 1979)*
  • Dusky Bridge (Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations)
  • World Martial Arts Tournament (Dragon Ball series)
  • Freddy Fazbear's Pizza (Five Nights at Freddy's)*
  • Columbia (PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale)*
  • Battledome (Neopets)*
  • Wedge and Needle (Spacewar!, 1962)*
  • Master Fortress: The Pit

• Ghost Falls (A moving Battlefield of sorts. Two cliffs are on either side provide spawn points.)
  • ?* (I needed a flat walkoff stage for reasons, so I dressed it up to look like a destroyed area, because who wants to look at just a solid rectangle?)
  • ...and 4 stages made by my brother. I won't touch those.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)