Super Soaked 5th Gen RD

Hello, I am back with another rate my team. This team was just made for fun but I have realized that it works very well here is a quick list of what this team has; and what this team lacks. (this team has no 5th Gen pokemon included what so ever.)​

This team contains:
-A rapid spinner
-A weather inducer
-A mid-game stealth rocker

This team lacks:
-Toxic spikes
-Spikes
-Priority

Team from my perspective (no specific order);
186.png
272.png
395.png
121.png
135.png
445.png

This team breaks down to:
4 Special attackers
1 Special sponge/wall/staller doesn't really matter.
1 Choice scarf attacker​

Inside the team:
186.png

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability:Drizzle
Nature:Calm
Ev's:136 HP, 120 Def, 252 Spd
Moves:
~ Protect
~ Toxic
~ Boil over
~ Focus blast

Politoed is starting to become my favorite lead to use the fact that he can now start rain V.I.A Drizzle makes him a wonderful pokemon to use now, not only that but its base 90 special attack is also good, it also deals with many pokemon the 120 def was added to add bulk on Politoed from the psychical side it can also survive any attack a +2 Cloyster throws at him, Protect is simply there because it also functions as a scout toxic and boil over make a pseudo double status and focus blast was their simply for coverage.

272.png

Ludicolo @ leftovers
Ability:Rain Dish
Nature:Calm
Ev's:252 HP, 40 Def, 216 SpD
Moves:
~ Protect
~ Leech Seed
~ Giga Drain
~ Toxic

Your standard uber's support but he is a good definition of an annoying staller thanks to Giga drain being raised in power he can now regain almost half of his hp to things that don't resist it and it's also weak to the most uncommon type of attacks, so rain dish Blastoise ain't got nothing on Ludicolo.

121.png

Starmie @ Life orb
Ability:Natural Cure
Nature:Timid
Ev's:252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Moves:
~ Rapid spin
~ Thunder
~ Hydro pump
~ Ice beam

Starmie is the rapid spinner of the team it has just the things that are needed to qualify as the best rapid spinner. Life orb Starmie also packs a punch though it is my first time using it I am really starting to like it, pretty simple to use just bring it out on something that will be scared of it and rapid spin the entry hazards.​

135.png

Jolteon @ Life orb
Ability: Volt absorb
Nature: Timid
Ev's:252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 Hp
Moves:
~ Charge Beam
~ Thunder
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Shadow Ball

Your standard sweeper, simply pick off weakened foes in hope for a +1 Special Attack raise then start wrecking things with the life orb +1 boost, for some reason people are switching Gliscor into Jolteon not knowing they just set up their own pokemon for a free kill, this Jolteon had thunderbolt replaced with Thunder for that extra kick on certain pokemon.

445.png

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
Ev's:252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Moves:
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Stealth Rock

Sadly, Kingdra was replaced due to the fact that Swift swim was banned, no matter, however Garchomp fits Kingdras role better a strong pokemon with strong attack is high respectable the main Idea here is to put stealth rock once Garchomp is about to die in order to let Ludicolo come in and cause switches with leech seed. So far Garchomp has done his job awfully well.​

395.png

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Ability:Torrent
Nature:Modest
Ev's:244 Speed, 12 Hp, 252 Special Attack
Moves:
~ Agility
~ Surf
~ Ice beam
~ Substitute

Perhaps the star of the team, capable of wrecking teams apart after the petaya boost let's put it this way, when Empoleon is on Torrent range not only does it make his modifier 3.0 (correct me on this info(if I'm wrong) about rain dance) but with rain on it raises it to an amazing 4.5 meaning his surf will hit harder then a truck even things that resist it will get a huge chunk from the attack 427.5 coming from surf is really going to hurt coupled with a +1 boost this guy is simply amazing and can only be stopped by a priority move or a well orientated special sponge.​

Please post feedback and what I can do to make this team become more "better".​

Alright thanks for the heads up I guess the guy I have to replace is Kingdra anyways, I must fully complete the Team as it is not done.

I spent a little while testing this team. I like it, but it had some big issues. Ferrothorn & Blissey are your biggest problems followed closely by bulky Fighting types.

Blissey and Chansey will absolutely dominate this team if it's paired with a weather changer.

Ferrothorn can be taken care of rather handily by Magnezone, who loves Thunder. But it's really going to need to run a good amount of defense EVs as Ferro's Power Whip breaks Mag's sub even if Mag has over 300 HP. And use Thunder to KO Ferrothorn and HP Ice for whatever switches in after him.
Using Magnezone vs Jolteon is just a matter of Function over Speed.

I could plug Bulk Up Floatzel as Kingdra's best replacement as it hits hard and matches Starmie's speed (Water Veil is nice too on a Physical Sweeper), but your team is weak enough to Electric as it is.
So I'd use Garchomp in Kingdra's slot. Use can Aqua Tail over the staple Fire Blast/Fang if you really want to go the all offensive route with him. Otherwise fill Fire Blast's slot with Stealth Rock. Because if there's any sweeper that can casually throw down a Stealth Rock mid-battle, it's Garchomp. Chomp should really help with your Blissey problem as well. Just keep him healthy.

I feel that Ludicolo could benefit a lot more from an Offensive set. The set I tried was:

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

I found it to be VERY helpful in covering the team's weaknesses. Most notably Ferrothorn & Weather Starters.

Here's an importable. I think you should try out the edited team in battle, pick out what you like and don't like, move what you liked to your team and go from there.

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Toxic

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

Magnezone @ Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SAtk / 148 Spd
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Agility
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

But yeah. I like the team. You definitely have a good thing going here.

Swift swim users and drizzle can't be used on the same team because of the newly implemented ban. If you want this team to be rated you have to change Kingdra's ability to Sniper.

you have outrage twice under chomps moves,i'm assuming one should be SR from reading the info. and personally id put something like signal beam on jolt over charge beam

you have outrage twice under chomps moves,i'm assuming one should be SR from reading the info. and personally id put something like signal beam on jolt over charge beam

Then whats the use of using Jolteon if their is better candidates with higher special attack? Charge beam grabs you a +1 boost, and thanks for the correction.

I suggest you may want to try a Zapdos over Jolteon. When your Starmie is gone it looks like a Swords Dance Breloom has free reign over your team. With lighting rod Zapdos get's an automatic +1 when hit by a Electric move. And Zapdos is of course a nice check to Breloom.

I suggest you may want to try a Zapdos over Jolteon. When your Starmie is gone it looks like a Swords Dance Breloom has free reign over your team. With lighting rod Zapdos get's an automatic +1 when hit by a Electric move. And Zapdos is of course a nice check to Breloom.

Not exactly, Garchomp can revenge kill it almost all the time with an outrage though I will get locked in, It can survive a +2 Technician mach punch with life orb in stance. But that doesn't mean I won't take your suggestion, though the question is what set do you recommend with the lightning rod?

So I tried Zapdos on this team it has higher special attack but, it's not just working out it has a shallow special attack move pool :/ and you can't run most attacks because of lightning rod.

Back