Other Metagames SV Balanced Hackmons: Disco Light | Offense / Bulky Setup Abuse | #1 on Ladder, Highest GXE at 91.6%

Disco Light

:arceus-ghost: :corviknight: :zamazenta-crowned: :dondozo: :rayquaza: :chansey:

This generation of BH is plagued by a massive variety of offensive threats that are extremely hard to consistently handle due to Tera taking breakers to an unseen level of power and the loss of potent utility moves like Spectral Thief opening the door for many bulky setup threats.

I built this team with the goal of exploiting the fact that teams often can't handle every threat by taking 3 very different wincons and sticking them together on one team. Very few meta teams can consistently check all three, let alone be completely safe against them.

This team carried me up the ladder with very little difficulty, quickly reaching #1 with 1667 Elo, 91.6% GXE and a winrate of 43-1. The sole loss coming from a dedicated counter-team featuring gems such as good as gold rocky helmet volcanion.

Building Process

:arceus-ghost: :zamazenta-crowned:
I started with the two primary breakers i wanted to use, SNR arceus ghost and Good as Gold sub setup Zamazenta-C. These complement each other effectively as Good as Gold enables Zamazenta to switch in on Parting Shot, one of the main forms of counterplay to SNR Ghostceus. Both are also fully self-Improofed, granting a massive advantage in a tier where wearing down Imposter is harder than it's ever been. At first, Zamazenta had Salt Cure over Leech Seed.
:arceus-ghost: :corviknight: :zamazenta-crowned: :dondozo:
Next I added a FurScales core with Corviknight to handle the recently popular mixed aerilate Rayquaza that has been tearing through teams on ladder and in OMPL. Dondozo with Rocky Helmet is an effective deterrent to any Koraidon sets that could otherwise harass the relatively slow team. Corviknight and Dondozo are cleanly Improofed by Zamazenta and Arceus respectively while packing moves to harass imposter on their own.
:arceus-ghost: :corviknight: :zamazenta-crowned: :dondozo: :rayquaza: :heatran:
Then realising Corviknight being chosen to counter Rayquaza meant I could use my own Rayquaza easily, I slotted it on to add yet another form of pressure against fatter teams and unaware mons that can take hits from my setup attackers. Cloak Prankster Heatran was used to improof Zamazenta and handle Iron Bundle and Fire coverage Fairies.
:arceus-ghost: :corviknight: :zamazenta-crowned: :dondozo: :rayquaza: :chansey:
After some testing, I realised that Leech Seed was a far more powerful option than Salt Cure on Zamazenta, making the set fully selfproofed, able to bypass Covert Cloak and giving it much better longevity. Given that a covert cloak user was no longer needed, I was able to replace Heatran with the much more flexible Imposter Chansey.

The Team

:sv/arceus-ghost:

Catch Us (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Judgment
- Collision Course
- No Retreat

- Jungle Healing

SNR ghostceus is probably the least valuable of your breakers in terms of making early game progress. However, it fills a vital role in cleaning up teams in the late game should Zamazenta not be up to the task. No Retreat allows it to set upto break on both the physical and special side while becoming near-invulnerable to being revenge killed besides by Wicked Blow. Ghost and Fighting forms near perfect coverage with Collision Course chosen over Triple Arrows for its ability to OHKO Dialga. Jungle Healing grants great sustainability even against poison and paralysis spamming Scales mons. You should be aware that a Terastalised Imposter can actually stall you out despite the full selfproofing, so be careful fully investing in it if your opponent hasn't used Tera yet.

:sv/corviknight:

Turn the World (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gigaton Hammer
- Parting Shot
- Shore Up

- Glare

Scales Corviknight isn't the most reliable special wall, but given its utility moves in Glare and Parting Shot it can easily bring in teammates to scare out a special attacker. Fire types, Electric Types and powerful Ice types like Specs Iron Bundle that threaten Corviknight are handled by Imposter due to the types resisting themselves. Gigaton Hammer enables Corviknight to one shot Flutter Mane and deal significant damage to Chansey and Blissey that may consider it to not be a threat. Tera Fire helps with Enamorus but isn't recommended due to breaking Rayquaza's Improofing.

:sv/zamazenta-crowned:

Sc∧rlet Mafi∧ (Zamazenta-Crowned) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

- Victory Dance

When I built this team, I was expecting Zama to serve as cleanup while Arceus and Rayquaza were the main progress makers. In my testing and in use on ladder, I discovered this is not the case. This Zamazenta set (and presumably a similar set used by Arceus-Steel or other Arceus formes) is extremely potent on ladder and against many otherwise strong teams. It will singlehandedly win games a large amount of the time until the meta adapts. The incredible amounts of recovery provided by Leech Seed and leftovers allow the set to nearly fully gain back a substitute every turn given the high hp pool of targets in BH. Victory Dance's defense boosting combined with such healing allows the set to 1v1 tons of things that seem like obvious counters. With time to set up one victory dance and a substitute, which can be relatively easy to do against opponents that use Parting shot, Zamazenta can 1v1 stuff like Fur Coat Tidy Up Groudon, something that, on paper, is a near perfect counter. The only sets that can consistently scare Zamazenta out are Torch Song Fire-Types as well as most steel resists that are immune to leech seed and carry anti-setup. Even something as solid as Fur Coat Torch Song Eternatus is harassed extremely effectively by leech seed damage given its high HP pool. Iron Head's 30% Flinch chance will even allow you to pull though against some of these supposed hard counters in a pinch. Tera ups Zamazenta's power to a significant enough level to scare most defensive mons at +1 or +2 when combined with leech seed's pressure as well as making it resistant to pixilate and aerilate boomburst.

:sv/dondozo:

Slushy Poetry (Dondozo) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flip Turn
- Strength Sap
- Knock Off

- Court Change

Dondozo acts as the team's sole source of hazard control as well as a switchin to physical threats. While poor hazard control can be a weakness for the team, Zamazenta generally stays in for many turns and has a 4x resistance to rocks, so it can easily act with them up. Arceus-Ghost doesn't massively fear hazards either so together they can exert enough pressure to consistently force the opponent to use tidy up or bring in an ate-spinner for Imposter to copy. As such, court change is a great move to force the opponent to clear hazards for you or have to deal with hazards themselves. Flip Turn allows Dondozo to act as a slowpivot bringing it Rayquaza and the other breakers against mons packing harassment moves like Nuzzle or Knock off that they do not want to take. Sap disables setup attackers and Knock off dissuades Imposter from taking advantage of Dondozo's healing while also removing key items from the opposing team.

:sv/rayquaza:

Food Court Menace (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Headlong Rush
- Extreme Speed

- Strength Sap

Rayquaza has been taking the meta by storm recently with the sheer power and lack of viable counters to its set of Aerilate Boomburst, Extremespeed, Collision Course or Headlong Rush and healing. Tera Flying enables it to do tremendous amounts of damage to any target with Boomburst or Extreme Speed, with Headlong Rush devastating Ice Scales Steel or Electric-Types. There isn't really much to say other than that nearly no teams can stand up to Rayquaza long term, and it puts tons of pressure on anything that could otherwise hope to check Zamazenta and Arceus.

:sv/chansey:

P:rhythm Players (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tidy Up
- Haze
- Roost

- Toxic

Imposter is Imposter everyone knows what Imposter does.
The set allows it to kinda improof Rayquaza should Corviknight be forced to Tera, but it's a very poor Improof. It can also be used in an emergency to remove hazards. Tera ground is used because otherwise the team's matchup into Hadron Engine Regieleki is absolutely dreadful.
You'll need to use Imposter to handle some breakers like Specs Iron Bundle, Arceus Fire and some Hadron Engine users. Both Bundle and Eleki on the same team may be a death sentence without near perfect play though...

Threats

:flutter mane: :steel_gem: :flame_orb: Steel Tera on Flare Boost Flutter Mane is an instant loss. You have no counterplay besides hoping Imposter can scare it out once or twice and then winning faster.

:regieleki: The matchup into Hadron Engine Regieleki is pretty abysmal, However you can hold it off for at least a little while with Imposter and hope for Arceus-Ghost or Zamazenta to win quickly.

:exploud: Soundproof can be pretty annoying for the team given it blocks Rayquaza's main attack and Corviknight's pivoting, combined with solid anti-setup measures like Prankster Haze you can be in big trouble.

:skeledirge: Torch song breakers like Eternatus and Iron Moth can be very tricky for the team to handle, especially if paired with an Imposter Chansey preventing Corviknight from cleanly Terastalizing to resist the move. Arceus-Ghost and Rayquaza can make use of natural bulk and the latter's resistance to try to scare these threats out.

Results

1688047403316.png

1688047415724.png

Paste: https://pokepast.es/8e5c4d27e1a51630

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)