Project SV DOU Teambuilding Competition v3: Week 1 (Ogerpon-Wellspring)

Teals

Banned deucer.
Can hall of fame be edited with past winners when you get the chance? Just noticed it only has week 1 listed but also has no winner lol

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Congratulations to ratpacker for winning week 6!

:xy/kleavor:

This week's pokemon is Kleavor! Kleavor is the evolution of Scyther introduced in Pokemon Legends Arceus. Its signature move Stone Axe allow it to deal massive damage while also setting Stealth Rock. This allows teams that utilize Kleavor to reap the benefits of Stealth Rock without the drawback of having to spend a turn getting Stealth Rock up instead of attacking. Kleavor has several other good utility options like Tailwind and Struggle Bug as well as a great attack stat and a good offensive typing.

Teals

Banned deucer.
Bugs In Your Bed
:kleavor: :volcarona: :flutter-mane: :dragonite: :chien-pao: :rillaboom:

Kleavor is kinda weird as it is one of those support pokemon you add to teams rather than being something you try to build around. Was trying to think of mons that benefit from rocks. Initially was trying to make moltres galar work. But in my scrolling I came across Volcarona and realized that it has God tier matchups into a lot of the OU meta. S/O to qsns for the kleavor set. AV is probably the best set on this guy as it just eats everything and gives you room for feint which is such an underrated move, especially with more pokemon running sash this in this format. Rona is pretty standard, just QD, stabs and protect. I initially was trying screens to support rona, but found it too awkward to position correctly. I found supporting rona through strong offense allows it to do its thing. Dnite + Cheems were added next because they are great together, allowing you to play without speed control and have a way to play offense while under trick room. Rillaboom was then added as it gives fake out support, and can help remove psychic terrain if it is present. Max SpD on rilla because you don't need Atk investment to ohko bulky flutter with wood hammer. Lastly I added my own bulky flutter as a way to maintain some special attacking presence, and because it is a fake out immune with taunt access. Overall team has been pretty strong in testing. Hope you guys like it, have a good one.

:iron hands: :flutter mane: :kleavor: :samurott-hisui: :chi-yu: :tornadus:
SharpSpam

Kleavor has been super fun to build around since it can flex a lot of roles. One part of its kit that is underutilized (imo) is tailwind. It seems awkward considering it's relatively slow base speed, but the combination of laying rocks (that can't be taunted), good damage to common threats like cresselia, and speed control seems to fit well onto offensive teams that wouldn't usually set rocks. (an offensive pokemon that can set tailwind given the chance)

Most of the team is pretty straightforward. flutter+chi are always great and the extra chip from hazards can turn many 2hkos into ohkos. sash on kleave can force double targets and having protect is really valuable when teams intend to focus it.
Hands provides fake out support which feels almost necessary for a team like this to reposition or stall if things go sour. Torn is the primary twind setter but the additional support from kleavor can allow torn to bleakwind or set sun when it would otherwise be difficult. Safety goggles could potentially be swapped but I enjoy having at least one switch in for spore. Samurott-H may be an odd choice but is similarly a flexible attacker who will set up spikes if given the chance and has a nasty sucker punch. The key to getting value out of kleave and hamurott is to identify what is needed most per matchup, which may not always be to immediately setup rocks.

How each pokemon is used varies depending on the enemy team but against HO teams opening kleavor+ either flutter or chi puts pressure on enemy speed control, allowing for kleave to twind or setup rocks while often nabbing a KO. Hamurott tends to be best used midgame to finish weak enemies and set up spikes in order to clean up with sucker punch. In general playing around strong neutral hits rarely fails so long as you keep a watch on speed control.

Kleavor HO
I build it for CaoJie during week 2 of OSDT, pretty fun to play with, just go forward. It's the first time I build something like that, I prefer balanced / bulky offense in this meta. But it works well, and I'm pretty proud of this team :)

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
The teambuilding competition is back again because I am no longer burnt out and want to do Smogon stuff again

This week's Pokémon is Ogerpon-Wellspring

:xy/ogerpon-wellspring:

Ogerpon-Wellspring is a new Pokemon recently added in the Teal Mask DLC, and has proven to be one of the best redirectors in the tier with a solid defensive profile and the ability to gain +1 to its Special Defense upon Terastallizing. It still has 120 base Attack and an unconditional 20% boost to its attacking moves as well, enabling it to still do good damage on top of its strong utility options, especially when used on Rain teams.

Also AIRedzone is cohost now everyone say hi AIRedzone :3

Building ends on Friday, October 27th

The teambuilding competition is back again because I am no longer burnt out and want to do Smogon stuff again

This week's Pokémon is Ogerpon-Wellspring

:xy/ogerpon-wellspring:

Ogerpon-Wellspring is a new Pokemon recently added in the Teal Mask DLC, and has proven to be one of the best redirectors in the tier with a solid defensive profile and the ability to gain +1 to its Special Defense upon Terastallizing. It still has 120 base Attack and an unconditional 20% boost to its attacking moves as well, enabling it to still do good damage on top of its strong utility options, especially when used on Rain teams.

Also AIRedzone is cohost now everyone say hi AIRedzone :3

Building ends on Friday, October 27th
Hi AIRedzone :3

Wellspring Tailroom

The Trick Room setters are Flutter Mane and Armarouge, and the Tailwind setter is Kleavor. Both Ogerpon and Rillaboom assist in setting up a speed advantage. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't use Baxcalibur, but it excells in its role as a pure attacker under the given conditions. I think the most unusual moveset here is Kleavor. I added Quick Guard because priority moves are what the opposing team usually responds with when they are at a speed disadvantage.

One of my goals in creating this team was making sure that all mons could take full advantage of both Trick Room and Tailwind. This means all mons had to meet a certain speed tier to take on or at least attack faster than specific threats.
  • Ogerpon's Speed of 266 outspeeds Flutter Mane's Speed of 354 under Tailwind even when Flutter Mane's Speed is boosted by Booster Energy.​
  • Flutter Mane's Quiet Nature outspeeds the fastest mon in the meta, Regieleki, while still taking advantage of Trick Room.​
  • Armarouge's Speed of 204 outspeeds Flutter Mane's Speed of 405 as well as Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle under Tailwind.​
  • All other mons' Speed of 211 outspeed Dragapult's Speed of 421 under Tailwind. You could choose to not invest EVs to meet this benchmark although I did so since not a lot of EVs were needed to make this happen anyways.​

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
fear not, I am here two days late to save the day

:ogerpon-wellspring: :arcanine-hisui: :tornadus: :flutter_mane: :kingambit: :sinistcha:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 128 HP / 188 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Spiky Shield

Arcanine-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Flare Blitz
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Tornadus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bleakwind Storm
- Tailwind
- Rain Dance
- Protect

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 56 Def / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Tera Blast

Sinistcha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hospitality
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Matcha Gotcha
- Rage Powder
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

There's not a whole lot to say about the team here. Swords Dance Oger presents a threat both early and late game, Specs Flutter is Specs Flutter, and the rest is the supporting cast. Sinistcha works pretty well with Oger, HArc, and Kingambit, switching in and out to keep them healthy or clicking Trick Room against other Tailwind teams, while serving as an answer to Landorus and Iron Hands.

I heard you needed a third team.
Featuring psyspam, Ogerpon-Wellspring takes the place of Iron Bundle on the classic SV build for some strong pivoting action. Okidogi takes advantage of Psychic Seed to set up or simply hit hard while dodging burns with Tera Fire. Roaring Moon is a staple for being the fastest grounded Tailwind user and finally Ursaluna rounds it up to further threaten Heatran and Gholdengo.

Okidogi psyspam
:roaring-moon::indeedee-f::armarouge::ogerpon-wellspring::okidogi::ursaluna:

DWCOP replay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)