Resource SV Monotype HOME Sample Teams (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:diancie::tyranitar::lycanroc::glimmora::arcanine-hisui::kleavor:
:diancie: - Diancie is a solid physically defensive mon whose secondary typing is very useful in the Dark matchup and gives you a small glimmer of hope in the Fighting matchup, one of the Four Impossible Matchups for this type (Fighting, Steel, Water, Ground).

:tyranitar: - S tier mon on this type. You need this for sand and every serious rock team should have a tyranitar. I've chosen Assault Vest for this team and pretty much walls every special attacker that doesn't have a STAB super effective attack (which you're probably thinking ?? since it has 7 weaknesses but it takes hits very well and hits back decently hard in return)

:lycanroc: - Always been the better form in this meta sorry not sorry. For a type that has fundamental issues, you need as many wincons as possible and Dusk does not have Sand Rush. This lycanroc can go Adamant and outspeed the entire tier under sand while having a great damage output with good coverage in Close Combat and Play Rough and priority in Accelerock to revenge kill weakened threats. Its also your other shot at beating Fighting as Play Rough spam will ohko the frailer mons on the type like Valiant.

:glimmora: - Rock's special wallbreaker and Spikes setter. Mainly used as a suicide lead in most circumstances so you can possibly force tspikes up with its ability.

:arcanine-hisui: - God-send mon for the type. Fire is generally useful for rock to have access to threaten Grass and Steel teams and the other Fire type on this type was :coalossal:.. Enough said tbh. The Fire typing also offers a neutrality to the aforementioned types and prevents Scizor Bug from getting the win instantly. Choice Scarf is very threatening, offsetting Arcanines average speed tier and basically making grass a free win (Not much of an achievement since grass is a bottom tier type but let rock get its wins.)

:kleavor: - I haven't been too impressed with Kleavor overall as a mon tbh but this type already struggles with varied options so here it is. It does hit hard and Stone Axe means I don't have to waste a slot on rocks on Diancie or Glimmora.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1898354089-o8j194nqxlqrtmy0a3aorb0bha7811vpw - Vs Psychic

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1898345754-e88hs9fmclx1nw4kt4ooee4yz3kp6v5pw - Vs Electric where CM Diancie 1v1ed Coil Eelektross

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1898342899-q1e31uqdap29unwrhicstygdym13s0jpw - Vs Ghost. Rock actually pairs well into Ghost despite the Gholdengo on most Ghost teams. Counterplay was dicey since they decided to crit my arcanine.

Definitely the best version of the team so far. The 1000-1300 range is a mixed bag to solo rock with but there's so many bug teams low ladder.
I´m not gonna sugarcoat iit.
Urshifu water
(still great team tho!)
1688786397412.png

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
https://pokepast.es/872af67d6e02ac92

great sample fighting team for all monotype players
Nice team - I have a team that has these exact 6 'mons but with different sets here.

On another note, Flying is a really good type this generation. Enamorus was a blessing for it, and its core attributes are still as good as ever. Here's a HO Flying team that I made for the Welcome Home tournament (that unfortunately was not used), which focuses on pivoting and getting your main threats in as much as possible. I'll quickly go over each member of the team.

-----------------------------------------------------

:landorus: This thing is an insane wallbreaker. It decimates fatter team archetypes like Poison or variants of Water, which is a godsend for Flying teams. The amount of switches it forces allows Nasty Plot, its new pickup this gen, to shine. It has just enough coverage to smack anything trying to switch in, and even unboosted, it packs a serious punch with Nasty Plot + Life Orb.

:zapdos-galar: This is a set I frequently used throughout SS, and it has served me well. It provides speed control, and Galarian Zapdos is no slouch of an attacker in its own right with its 120 BP STABs, U-turn, and Thunderous Kick to force progress. I don't have much more to say about this - it's just a good pick overall.

:enamorus: HO Flying teams do want Enamorus for Healing Wish, but I chose HDB over the more common Choice Scarf since I already had Galarian Zapdos filling the role of speed control. Healing Wish is a godsend, as you can get your wallbreakers another chance to decimate teams. Meanwhile, Enamorus appreciates this team's ability to break Steel-types down, letting it potentially sweep late-game.

:corviknight: While Corviknight may seem out of place on a HO team, it's absolutely necessary for any archetype. It provides a bastion of defense against threats like non-Thunderbolt Flutter Mane, Dragonite, and more. It also functions as a great lure for things like Gholdengo and Toxapex, which this team handily takes advantage of. Finally, being able to get rid of Stealth Rock is what holds this team together in longer games. It's the perfect glue for any Flying archetype. Being a Ice neutrality really helps as well.

:tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian provides multiple things to this team. Firstly, Regenerator is an insane ability, letting Torn-T outlast bulkier teams that aren't threatened by Landorus as much. Secondly, it is a fast pivot with U-turn, meaning that not only will it heal itself, it will bring in threats. Finally, it's not a bad attacker at all with Bleakwind Storm's Speed drop chance causing 50-50s of "Do I bring my wallbreaker in and risk a Speed drop?" It's also yet another incredible glue for Flying teams.

:dragonite: Dragonite is the final piece of this team. Its sweeping capabilities with Dragon Dance and its myriad of coverage is unmatched, and it synergizes well with the rest of the team since it appreciates bulkier cores being broken down before it sweeps. It also functions as a good defensive option with Multiscale. You can run Roost over Earthquake since this team beats Steel quite easily.

Since there's no Ice teams for post-home yet, I think I'll offer my two cents on this. I've been running through low and midladder with different iterations of this monoice team for about a year now, and I can showcase my latest version.
[Ice]
1689388340657.png
1689388197258.png
1689388220250.png
1689388271854.png
1689388292053.png
1689388305825.png

https://pokepast.es/334f6d5cb619e4cb

Abomasnow: The heart and soul of monoice, and the supporting backbone of this team. Snow and Aurora Veil are must haves on any ice team, and on this one they allow Baxcalibur to set up and turn Avalugg and Glastrier into nigh-unbreakable walls. Blizzard allows you to threaten common stealth rock leads like Garchomp, Lando-T, and Ting-Lu to an extent, while Leaf Storm is an excellent surprise option, particularly into Water pokemon like Samurott-H, Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Azumarill. Leech seed lets you spread a little recovery across the entire team and add a little pressure to enemy pokemon that stay in to boost such as Bulk Up Corviknight or SD Mimikyu.
Its statspread is geared towards longevity, with just enough defense to survive most non-banded STAB fighting attacks while under snow and the rest into SpD. Ideally, Abomasnow should last until late-game, and by the time it dies the last snow/Veil it sets up should allow your other mons to take the victory.

Chien-Pao: The reason Chien-Pao is 4x weak to fighting is because its back is already about to break from carrying monoice so much. This team opts for CB Pao because it's immediately threatening, while the other mons are either support or setup sweepers. Sucker Punch is the priority of choice because of its higher base power, plus it OHKOs fast ghosts such as Flutter Mane, Dragapult and scarf Gholdengo, all of which can be significant threats to this team. Sacred Sword and Icicle Crash are standard high-power moves, and Psychic Fangs offers niche screen breaking and coverage against pokemon that aren't scared of the other 3 moves, like Iron Hands and Toxapex.
Chien-Pao's stats are very simple hyperoffense. It comes in to smash holes into the opponent's team which it or a teammate can capitalize off. Due to its choice-locked nature, it's not going to stay on the field for long periods of time, but whenever something on this team dies, it's usually a chance for Chien-Pao to come in and earn a free kill.

Baxcalibur: Chien-Pao's partner in wallbreaking. Though this set prefers to get a Dragon Dance or two before running away with the game, it's still immensely threatening from the moment it hits the field. Loaded dice Icicle Spear is incredibly versatile and it's backed by Glaive Rush in case it's facing an ice resist, like Volcarona. Earthquake catches Steel types that resist both those moves and offers counterplay against fire types, though its still going to be walled by physically defensive Skeledirge with Slack Off and leftovers. It also doesn't like facing air balloon Heatran, who usually runs Flash Cannon. Still, with defensive support from Abomasnow and Froslass helping it pivot in, Baxcalibur can set up incredibly easily and tear through teams just as easily as Chien-Pao.
Despite being this team's only fire neutrality and having the strongest anti-fire move, Baxcalibur can't switch into too many fire attacks thanks to its low SpD. It instead tries to boost past is threats and take out teams with its incredible coverage. 244 speed lets it outspeed Chien-Pao and Flutter Mane at +1 Spe, so you have 8 extra EVs to work with. I put them into Def to slightly weaken priority moves, they can also go into SpD to make Baxcalibur a better fire switch-in.

Avalugg: If Abomasnow is the backbone of this team, then Avalugg is the rest of the skeleton, along with several layers of reinforced steel. It's built to invalidate every physical attacker in the game and clear hazards while its at it. Iron Defense + Body Press on a pokemon with 184 base Def is wild. So wild that it wins the 1v1 against leftovers Zamazenta with its own Iron Defense and Body Press. Add in snow's defense boost, Aurora Veil support and free leftovers from Ice Body, and you're going to have enemy Chien-Paos do under 15% with Sacred Sword. If those defenses aren't up, Recover still lets Avalugg heal off damage taken from switch-ins and slowly boost its defense to +6 when all enemy special attackers are removed. And as a bonus, Rapid Spin with heavy duty boots is taken to keep Stealth Rocks and Poison Spikes under control.
However, Avalugg's special defenses are very weak. It runs 252 SpD EVs to allow it to take a stray special attack, but it'll be scared out by proper special attackers like Volcarona. It's also 99% useless against ghost. Crunch is an option to consider, but this set would have to sacrifice a lot of longevity or Spin support for it, and that's not worth it when its teammates can offer ample coverage.

Glastrier: When I first saw how few pokemon Ice got for Pokemon Home, I was ready to drop the type and switch to another. But after going through the options more closely, I realized that what we got was exactly what my team needed. A special tank. Assault vest Glastrier may have lower base SpD than Cryogonal and Articuno, but it has more HP and Def than those two, a movepool and typing that is better accustomed to using AV and an ability that lets it snowball its much higher attack stat as it picks up kills. Put it behind Aurora Veil and suddenly specs Iron Valiant's Aura Sphere isn't even doing 25% while it threaten an OHKO back with Heavy Slam. Avalanche takes advantage of its terrible speed and turns it into an incredible STAB option. Heavy Slam in general will decimate specially oriented fairies. Stomping Tantrum is sadly its best coverage into fire, a type that it'll have to tank a lot, and Crunch provides additional support into ghost, which is also heavy on special types.
Its statspread is meant to maximize special longevity at the expensive of some damage. Though Heavy Slam can OHKO Iron Valiant, it's not reliable without a layer of Spikes, so you may want to add more attack EVs depending on what Glastrier is checking. Glastrier is also vulnerable to Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin and Stealth Rocks chip and has no recovery out of Abomasnow's Leech Seed, so it has to take care not to be worn down before the opponent's scariest special attackers are removed.

Froslass: As Ice's only fighting immunity and an incredible support on a generally offensive type, Froslass feels just as vital as Abomasnow. It switches in on choice-locked attacks and disables them or absorbs them completely if they're fighting type or Ursaluna Facade. It sets up Spikes, blocks Rapid Spin, and wears enemies down with double status plus Hex. Will-O-Wisp turns physical attackers into setup fodder for Baxcalibur and Avalugg while Thunder Wave paralyzes everything else and makes them vulnerable to Chien-Pao Icicle Crashing twice. Eject button is a niche item, but it has a ton of uses. It can allow Froslass to come in, take a hit, and bring in another pokemon safely. It can be used to get up a Spike or status on a slower pokemon and switch on the same turn. It can even steal U-turn switches, giving you an opportunity to bring in Baxcalibur and immediately set up a sweep on a pokemon that's either choice-locked into U-turn or not particularly threatening to it.
Its stat spread is pretty obvious for its role. It's a fast support that wants to switch in at every opportunity to weaken the enemy for its allies. The most challenging part of using Froslass is knowing how to keep it alive and recognizing when it's best to sacrifice it. I've lost many games because Froslass died early on and couldn't come in on lategame fighting attacks. Because of how important it is throughout a game, I generally prefer not to run Taunt/Destiny Bond, although it can certainly fit either of them in place of one of its status moves.

Last edited:

style.css

is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Wave 1:

standard dark: https://pokepast.es/c701f004c160e88a
:chien-pao: :greninja: :sableye: :kingambit: :muk-alola: :ting-lu:
description: pretty standard dark, u can cut kingambit/muk for scarf meowscarada if u want with the basic set flower trick, knock off, uturn, play rough, u can also consider hoopa-unbound over greninja if u rly want, overall this comp is the most standard one

dark: https://pokepast.es/2ce9be91a537d6bd
:greninja: :chien-pao: :sableye: :muk-alola: :kingambit: :meowscarada:
description: this is a tingless variant
Both builds aren't particularly unique (not a ton can really be done with Dark right now still) and have some minor issues.
Rejected

rain water: https://pokepast.es/e2ba29adab7e801f
:pelipper: :basculegion-f: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :gastrodon: :samurott-hisui: :greninja:
description: boots spam version, any turn they set hazards is wasted for them and u may set hazards while attacking with samurott so the team is pretty momentum based, aerial ace is there for like amoonguss, quaquaval and breelom mostly, pick whichever move u prefer
Not enough momentum to really take advantage of Rain/Swift Swim.
Rejected

rain water standard version: https://pokepast.es/4b44e834fe5bdd0e
:pelipper: :basculegion-f: :quaquaval: :gastrodon: :toxapex: :samurott-hisui:
description: this is more standard with rapid spin option from quaquaval, u can choose between toxapex or greninja in the team, samurott runs scarf in this version for more speed control, pex is free to run any item really i would suggest to run eject button for free scout and free switch in
Approved

flying: https://pokepast.es/cc68428b583b1b00
:landorus-therian: :thundurus-therian: :corviknight: :dragonite: :enamorus: :iron jugulis:
description: this is what most of the people are running as flying team rn, twave on scarf thundy hits spectrier, the rest is pretty self explainatory
Changing Corviknight's spread to match the analysis set.
Approved

fighting: https://pokepast.es/6d532b4e7f8c3310
:zamazenta: :iron valiant: :iron hands: :breloom: :great tusk: :sneasler:
description: pretty standard fighting team except the iron valiant set, u can pick lilligant over breloom if u prefer
Approved

[Dragon] Offense
:Baxcalibur: :Dragapult: :Garchomp: :Goodra-Hisui: :Hydreigon: :Cyclizar:
Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake / Glaive Rush
- Dragon Dance

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Goodra-Hisui @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Acid Armor / Curse
- Rest

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower / Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute / Draco Meteor

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off / Taunt
- Shed Tail
This is a fairly standard Offense team focused around Loaded Dice Baxcalibur and Nasty Plot Hydreigon. Both of the aforementioned wallbreakers provide much-needed coverage and wreak havoc being Cyclizar's Shed Tail. Dragapult provides support versus threats like Meowscarda, Flutter Mane, and Cloyster and just generally increases the team's momentum. Garchomp is a great phazer with Dragon Tail alongside Spikes and Stealth Rock, chipping down defensive answers to the team's wallbreakers and further bothering physical attackers like Urshifu-R, Kingambit, and Galarian Zapdos with Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin. The given EV spread outpaces Urshifu-R. Hisuian Goodra is a great new asset to Dragon, checking Flutter Mane, Iron Valiant without Fighting-type coverage, and Chien-Pao as well as turning into a late-game wincon with Acid Armor/Curse. The provided EV spread lets Goodra OHKO Chien-Pao without any boosts. Hydreigon is incredible in the Steel matchup and is great at pressuring Skeledirge. Cyclizar removes entry hazards with Rapid Spin and provides amazing utility via Shed Tail, Knock Off, and Taunt. The Special Attack EVs ensure that Draco Meteor OHKOs opposing Dragapult.
WIP
The team has a few minor issues and is similar to another submission that needs less changes.
Rejected

[Fighting] Standart Bulky offense (Assault vest Iron Hands + Scarf Zamazenta)

:zamazenta: :sneasler: :iron_valiant: :great_tusk: :urshifu: :iron_hands:

View attachment 528754
(Achieved in a day from around 1200s, so its kinda begginer friendly)

Zamazenta :zamazenta:
Zamazenta provides the team with spectacular natural bulk (even with 0 invesment), the highest natural speedtier and a pretry good attack stat (as well as crucial coverage to face off against unfavourable matchups).
Scarf Zamazenta is not only able to outspeed the fast scarfers that other types may present (only really being outsped by Scarf Dragapult on Dragon teams), but also using its great offenses to be a great cleaner and make the Ghost matchup playable (Iron head may flinch, OHKO or force Flutter mane down to its focus sash, while crunch is easily spammable against Ghost).

Psychic fangs offers nice coverage against Poison, and pretty much solos other Mono Fighting teams that lack their own Zamazenta.
Ice fang can be run as well to help in tge flying matchup.

Sneasler :sneasler:

Sneasler's poor bulk is compensated thanks to its high speed tier (even being decently fast with an Adamant nature), but also,offering one of the scariest sweepers that will take the low-ladder by surprise.
Sneasler cam switch into weak/ressisted hits in order to break its balloon and activate Unburden, using a deadly combination of stabs (CC + Dire Claw/Gunk Shot), alongside its own set-up with SD.
Last move can be changed for Acrobatics, but Shadow Claw offers massive helo against certain targets who wall Sneasler and will try to stop them from sweeping (most notable examples being Gholdengo and Galarian Slowking).
Acrobatics does offer nice neutral coverage with a high base power, but due to its unreliability (and how dominant Shados Claw can be against the usual Ghost match up) it stays that way.
Sneasler will clean if needed for sure.

Iron Valiant :iron_valiant:

Irom valiant is the only precense of Special Attacking damge the team has, and thus is able to customize its set quite a lot.
To keep it simple, Choice Specs is pretty reliable and does require some prediction to do well with, using its fantastic coverage for multiple purposes.
Valiant is your central Chess Piece against mono Dragon, which is why it also runs a mixed specs set with CC (good damage against its common new switch in: Hisuian Goodra).
Shadow ball and Thunderbolt are standart coverage options that help with disadvantageous matchups like Ghost or Flying, as well as always putting in work against neutral games.
Aditionally, its able to open up its teammates against Mono Ghost or Dark, which could slmetimes run annoying support Pokemon like Sableye (switches into its Will-o-wisp without much trouble and forces it out inmediatelly, posdibly landing a kill with Shadow Ball or Moonblast).
Psyshock can be used in order to make Poison more playable against Clodsire.

Great Tusk :great_tusk:

Just like the real OU experience!
Jokes aside, Tusk is just as incredible in Monotype as he is in OU.
Its set doesnt need much introduction: sets up rocks, removes hazzards (and has boots to avoid spikes damage, as well as toxic spikes), uses Earthquake as its common stab (Body press can be run as an alternative option) and a filler move.

This move can change, but Knock off offers even more utility by removing items like Scarfs or Bands that might endanger his more offensively potent teammates.
Body press can be added as a dual stab, and ice spinner helps out against the flying matchup (and a certain "Landorus' people talk about) and some dragon type Pokemon.
Tusk offers that reliable defensive presence, but remember he can pack a punch (speciallh vs the uncommon mono electric teams)

If you dont mind the Toxic Spikes damage, leftovers and Rocky Helmet are also decent options for items.

Urshifu-Rapid Strike :urshifu:

Urshifu serves as a powerfil wallbreaker that takes advantage of the new tools it has recieved this generation.
Not only it runs Aqua Jet, giving the team some nice priority for revenge killing, but also a powerful x2 Surging Strikes that is able to break through important walls.

Bulk up is an alternative option, but its generally preffered to just kill things.

Urshifu's water typing also serves of great defensive prowess, giving it chances to switch in and set up.
The item slot is varied, but Punching glove seems to be the overall superior options, powering up all "Punching moves" and removing their contact properties.
This explains the reason why it uses Drain Punch for some extra longevity, but CC can be used as well without any issues.
This. Bear. Is. Strong.

Iron Hands :iron_hands:

Iron hands gives the team a LOT of bulk, being able to tank even +2 Shadow Ball's from Gholdengo.
Assault vest grants Iron Hands the ability to never be OHKOd from any side of the attacking spectrum.
Weather you need him to ressist an Earthquake to Ice Punch a Lando in mono ground, or tank a Shadow Ball from a Dragapult vs mono Ghost, he's your man.
Drain Punch gived longevity and wild charge serves as simple stab, EQ grants nice coverage and Ice Punch makes him one of your best pieces against flying, water, and even Grass.
He's one of your best answers to bulky grass types like Amoonguss, and can literally 2HKO 90% of mono Grass Teams (assuming he doesnt sleep for too long).
Make good use of his coverage, think well about how much he's getting chipped and he will grant you great wallbreaking and bulk.
Its funny seeing Galarina Moltres setup in front of you just because of a mere light screen.

[NOTE: REPLAYS WILL BE ADDED SOON!]

Special thanks to: Nathanlikeschicken, amazing Poketuber that introduced me to this beautiful metagame (and kinda inspired me into submitting this).

:scrafty:
This team has a few questionable sets and is quite similar to a team we've already approved.
Rejected

[Dark] Screens Offense
View attachment 529344View attachment 529347View attachment 529348
View attachment 529349View attachment 529350View attachment 529351

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spirit Break
- Parting Shot
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
- Agility

Chien-Pao @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Crunch
- Sacred Sword ]
[Grimmsnarl makes for a good screen setter thanks to prankster and it's newfound access to parting shot. Kingambit and Moltres act as the primary Wincons of the team. Scarf hydreigon acts as the speed control on the team. Earth power was chosen as coverage to hit iron hands, as well as hitting steel types. Muk acts as a strong answer to fairy teams. And finally, Chien Pao acts as a wallbreaker and a secondary form of speed control thanks to it's excellent speed tier.]]
The team doesn't effectively take advantage of Screens and could use some composition changes.
Rejected

The team composition could use some changes, possibly adding Iron Valiant to better check Kingambit.
Rejected

The sets and composition are a little bit off and isn't as close as another Normal submission we've received.
Rejected

Spidops and Rabsca are subpar and you miss out on a lot of better option by using these two instead.
Rejected

:tyranitar: :kleavor: :coalossal: :drednaw: :glimmora: :diancie:
Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 112 HP / 172 Atk / 68 Def / 148 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Kleavor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Bug
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Axe
- Brick Break
- Trailblaze

Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp

Drednaw @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Strong Jaw
Tera Type: Water
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Shell Smash

Glimmora @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Toxic Debris
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Draining Kiss
- Body Press
- Calm Mind
this is my first time ever doing this so i really dont know how to like do the links to make it look cute. but this is my rock team that maybe can be a sample for people. rock is really bad right now but i love the type so i thought i can help. my idea of the team is literally just pray and hope coalossal can get key burns with either will o wisp or flame body. Also during my testing with the team coalossal is literraly the mvp of the team. Feedback is highly appreciated as it helps me improve as a monotype player. Thank yall and have a nice day!
vs flying
vs elec
vs dark
We would like to wait and see more Rock options/compositions.
On Hold

:sv/Amoonguss: :sv/Toxapex: :sv/Clodsire: :sv/Glimmora: :sv/Muk-Alola: :sv/Sneasler:

Amoonguss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Grass
Relaxed Nature
- Spore/Growth/Toxic
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play/Stomping Tantrum

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Baneful Bunker/Toxic Spikes/Infestation
- Chilling Water
- Haze
- Recover

Clodsire @ Black Sludge
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Recover

Glimmora @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Toxic
- Power Gem

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Sneasler @ Air Balloon
Tera Type: Fighting
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot/Dire Claw
- Night Slash/Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
View attachment 529504 is one of the physically defensive walls of the team and provides a ground type neutrality for the team as that is important to take hits from mons like Sandy Shocks, Great Tusk, and Garchomp. Spore allows Amoonguss to put threats like Landorus to sleep and prevents it from being used as setup fodder by Kingambit. Growth can be used instead to ease up the Ground matchup and break through Water Absorb Clodsire after enough boosts. Toxic can be used to put mons on a timer and pressure them. Synthesis provides Amoonguss with recovery to be sustainable in the Water and Ground matchup. Giga Drain is the Grass stab that deals damage while also healing Amoonguss. Foul Play can be used to take out physical setup sweepers like Scizor and Garchomp. Stomping Tantrum can be used instead to hit Poison and steel types like Clodsire, Alolan Muk, and Gholdengo.

View attachment 529506 is the second physically defensive wall of the team that provides a Fire and Water resist. Baneful Bunker is used to scout out the opponents move and switch/stay accordingly. Toxic Spikes can be used instead as a way of spreading poison faster against the opponents team but comes at the cost of not being able to poison Flying types. Infestation can be used to trap mons as a means to wear them down throughout battle. Chilling Water is used to lower the physical mons attack stat and to prevent them from becoming threats. Haze is used to stop setup sweepers. Recover provides recovery for Toxapex to keep it healthy against the threats it helps deal with for the team.

View attachment 529508 is one of the specially defensive walls of the team as well as providing an Electric immunity along with checking threats like Hydreigon, Gholdengo without Air Balloon, Volcarona, and Flutter Mane for the team. Low kick helps deal with Hydreigon and does a good amount of damage to Kingambit. Earthquake chips down threats like Iron Valiant and Gholdengo to allow Clodsire to eventually beat them. Spikes lets Clodsire take advantage of forced switches and allows for it's teammates to have an easier time damaging the opposing team. Recover provides Clodsire with necessary recovery to prevent it from getting chipped down. 56 defense evs are used to allow Clodsire to take a fully boosted Kowtow Kleave from Kingambit and heavily damage back with Low Kick.

View attachment 529513 is the hazard remover for the team and provides a semi ground immunity with Air Balloon. Stealth Rock pressures opposing teams and chips them down as well as providing a hazard stacking core with Clodsire's Spikes. Mortal Spin removes hazards while also poisoning the foe. Toxic puts mons on a timer and with Corrosion can even deal with Clodsire and Corviknight. Power Gem is Rock stab to hit Fire and Bug types such as Torkoal and Volcarona.

View attachment 529559 is the second specially defensive wall of the team as well as the Psychic immunity. Poison Jab is a spammable stab which has a good chance to poison paired with Poison Touch. Knock off is the Dark type as it allows to hit Psychic types and remove their items. Ice Punch eases the Flying and Ground matchups. Protect allows Alolan Muk to scout out for choice users and switch/stay in accordinly along with getting more health back with Black Sludge.

View attachment 529561is the setup sweeper for the team and can help in the Dark and Steel matchups against mons like Hydreigon and Kingambit which would otherwise be scary for the team. Close Combat targets neutral targets such as Rotom-Wash and Rock resisting mons like Iron Treads. Gunk Shot is used for high damage output. Dire Claw can be used as it has a 50% to put the target to sleep, poison, and paralyze said target. Night Slash hits Ghost and Psychic types like Gholdengo and Espathra. Acrobatics can be used instead to take advantage of having no item once Sneasler's Air Balloon goes away. Swords Dance turns Sneasler into a powerful sweeper combined with Unburden.
WIP
Added Heavy-Duty Boots to Toxapex and Clodsire because Glimmora isn't reliable enough to deal with hazards over the long term.
Approved

:sv/Forretress: :sv/Volcarona: :sv/Scizor: :sv/Lokix: :sv/Heracross: :sv/Kleavor:

Forretress @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Psychic

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Trailblaze
- Close Combat

Lokix @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch
- Throat Chop
- U-turn

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Kleavor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn/X-Scissor
- Stone Axe
- Night Slash
- Close Combat
View attachment 529563is the hazard remover of the team as well as providing a second means of hazard setting. . Spikes is used over Stealth Rock since Kleavor can set Stealth Rock when using Stone Axe. Gyro Ball is used as a mean of damaging faster opponents such as Iron Valiant and Chien Pao. Rapid Spin provides much needed hazard removal for our teammates to prevent them from being worn down by hazards. Volt switch provides momentum for the team and allows Forretress to pivot out against foes that would wall it such as Toxapex and Gholdengo.

View attachment 529564is a staple on any Bug team since it's the best special attacker for the type and a fantastic Quiver Dance sweeper. Quiver Dance turns Volcarona into a scary threat with boosted stats. Giga Drain handles Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Rotom-Wash. Fire Blast is the STAB of choice to hit for high damage even with 85% accuracy. Flamethrower can be used instead if one prefers accuracy over power. Psychic deal with Poison types like Toxapex and Iron Moth

View attachment 529565is essentially a good sweeper for Bug teams and a staple at it due to it's above average bulk and part Steel typing. Trailblaze let's it deal with Water types such as Rotom-Wash, Quagsire, and Quaquaval. Close Combat let's it handle Steel types like Iron Treads and Kingambit. 220 Speed Ev's are to outspeed Rotom-Wash and outspeed to kill it before getting burned along with opposing Scizor.

View attachment 529566takes on an all out attacker offensive role and does it's job well with Tinted Lens to double not very effective moves against opponents and with Life Orb as it's item. Throat Chop is the Dark STAB outside of Sucker Punch so that it doesn't have to rely on the opponent to attack and U-Turn is used to punish slower teams and to gain momentum for it's teammates. Axe Kick can be used to hit Kingambit and Heatran.

View attachment 529567is running a wallbreaking set instead of the usual Choice Scarf set this time. Swords Dance allows Heracross to boost it's attack to sky high levels and along with Guts + Flame Orb it does even more damage. Facade takes advantage of Flame Orb to hit Poison and Fairy types like Amoonguss and Hatterene. Close Combat is the Stab as it hits for very high damage even against neutral targets. Earthquake is used to hit Poison types like Toxapex after a +2 Swords Dance.

View attachment 529578is the scarfer for the team and provides much needed speed control along with helping in the Fire matchup. U-Turn is used instead as a way to provide momentum and to use against forced switches. X Scissor can be used instead as it is boosted by Sharpness and hits for really good damage on neutral targets Stone Axe is the Rock stab since not only is it boosted by sharpness but sets Stealth Rock on the opposing side of the field. Close Combat is used to hit Steel and Rock types like Heatran and Tyranitar. Night Slash is used to hit Ghost types like Gholdengo.
WIP
Approved

:sv/Klefki: :sv/Azumarill: :sv/Flutter Mane: :sv/Hatterene: :sv/Tinkaton: :sv/Enamorus:

Klefki @ Light Clay
Tera Type: Steel
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation/TrailBlaze
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Flutter Mane @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt/Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Hatterene @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Tinkaton (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/Thunder Wave
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Enamorus (F) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast/Springtide Storm
- Superpower
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
View attachment 529585 is the screens setter of the team and helps the team have an easier time to setup. Reflect and Light Screen allows the team to become a bit bulkier and have an easier time to setup. Spikes help pressure the opposing team and allows the team to have an easier time breaking. Foul Play checks setup sweepers like Scizor who are a huge threat to the team.

View attachment 529758 is a very potent setup sweeper that allows to deal with Fire teams without Volcanion Steel, and Poison teams. Aqua Jet patches up Azumarill's low speed and hits mons like Iron Moth, Flutter Mane, and Landorus. Liquidation is used to knock out Corviknight and Unaware Clodsire. Body Slam hits Amoonguss and Toxapex at +6 which otherwise would wall Azumarill. Belly Drum turns Azumarill into a powerful late game sweeper.

View attachment 529777 is the scarfer for the team that provides much needed speed control while also being a good revenge killer and outspeed Dragapult, + 2 Baxcalibur, and Quaquaval along with Choice Scarf Meowscarada. Shadow Ball hits for good damage output and has a chance to lower the opponets special defense. Moonblast is used as the Fairy stab as it is Flutter Mane's strongest Fairy stab. Thunderbolt is used to hit Water types such as Toxapex and Pelipper. Energy Ball can be used instead to hit Quagsire and Gastrodon better. Psyshock hits Clodsire better.

View attachment 529786 is helpful for the team due to Magic Bounce + it's part Psychic typing and bulk allowing it to handle Clodsire, Toxapex, and Chien-Pao. Calm Mind turns Hatterene into a dangerous sweeper and allows to survive a Shadow Ball from Flutter Mane and knock it out with Psyshock in return. Psyshock breaks through Assault Vest Iron Hands, Clodsire, and Blissey. Psychic allows Hatterene to 2 shot Amoonguss and Toxapex. Draining Kiss provides Hatterene much need recovery that allows it to heal against super effective and neutral targets while also dealing with Heavy Slam Ting-Lu under Reflect. Mystical Fire hits Gholdengo, Scizor, and Corviknight which otherwise wall Hatterene.

View attachment 529789 is the Stealth Rock user of the team and forms a hazard stack core with Klefki's Spikes. Swords Dance boosts Tinkaton's underwhelming attack and allows it to have a more powerful Gigaton Hammer against the Fairy matchup. Thunder Wave can be used instead to cripple and slow down the opponent. Gigaton Hammer is Tinkaton's strongest stab and hits for decent damage. Knock Off removes items from Toxapex, Corviknight, and Rotom Wash. Stealth Rock pressures the opposing team and chips them down a bit for the team to break better.

View attachment 529790 is running a mixed attacker set and helps in the Water matchup with it's good coverage of moves. Moonblast is used over Springtide Storm for the consistency. Springtide Storm can be used for higher damage output at the cost of lower accuracy. Superpower takes advantage of Contrary and hits mons Hisuian Goodra and Tyranitar. Earth Power hits Steel and Poison types like Gholdengo, Heatran, Toxapex, and Glimmora. Grass Knot hits Water types like Gastrodon, Quagsire, and Dondozo.
WIP
Approved

:sv/Klefki: :sv/Iron Treads: :sv/Kingambit: :sv/Corviknight: :sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Heatran:

Klefki (M) @ Light Clay
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch/Knock Off

Kingambit (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Corviknight (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpD / 132 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Trip
- Bulk Up
- Agility
- Roost

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Make It Rain/Substitute/Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Fire
Timid Nature
- Power Gem/Dragon Pulse/Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

View attachment 529818
s the screens setter of the team and helps the team have an easier time to setup. Reflect and Light Screen allows the team to become a bit bulkier and have an easier time to setup. Spikes help pressure the opposing team and allows the team to have an easier time breaking. Thunder Wave cripples the opposing team and slows them down.

View attachment 529819 is the Stealth Rock setter for the team along with being an Electric immunity and forms a hazard stack core with Klefki's Spikes. Earthquake is the Ground stab that hits for decent damage. Rapid Spin provides hazard removal for the team. Volt Switch provides momentum and can be used to pivot out against Dondozo and Corviknight. Knock Off can be used to remove items from Garchomp, Rotom-Wash, and Dragonite.

View attachment 529830 serves as a deadly setup sweeper along with it's ability Supreme Overlord which makes it a good late game sweeper. Swords Dance boosts Kingambit's attack to become a threatening sweeper in the late game. Kowtow Cleave allows it to hit Skeledirge which can be annoying to deal with along with 2 shotting Quagsire once all of it's teammates are down. Sucker Punch makes up for Kingambit's low speed and hits Flutter Mane and Barraskewda which are threats to Steel teams. Low Kick is used to beat opposing Kingambit and the given ev spread allows it to outspeed other Kingambits.

View attachment 529831 provides a Ground type immunity for the team as well as being another deadly sweeper to take advantage of screens. Power Trip becomes very strong with Weakness Policy being activated + Agility + Bulk Up and can sweep types like opposing Steel and Flying. Bulk Up makes Corviknight physically bulkier while also making it a bit more offensive. Agility doubles Corviknight's speed and makes it harder for it to take down. Roost gives Corviknight sustainability and allows for it to set up more easily throughout battle. The given ev spread allows Corviknight to outspeed Flutter Mane at +2 after an Agility while also being specially bulky as possible.

View attachment 529832 provides a Fighting type immunity as well as being the special setup sweeper for the team. Nasty Plot allows Gholdengo to overwhelm Toxapex and Corviknight. Make It Rain is a good Steel type stab that hits fairies such as Hatterene and Azumarill for good damage. Substitute can be used to take advantage of screens as well as mons that are faster or can move faster such as Flutter Mane, Chien-Pao, and Kingambit. Recover can be used to keep Gholdengo healthy as it can get worn down very easily. Shadow Ball is a fantastic Ghost type stab that hits Armarouge, Gallade, and Skeledirge. Focus Blast hits Dark and Normal types that resist or aren't bothered by Shadow Ball like Kingambit, Chien-Pao, and Blssey.

View attachment 529833 is the scarfer for the team providing speed control as well as providing a much needed Fire immunity. Power Gem targets Volcarona which is a threat to Steel teams. Dragon Pulse can be used to ease up the Dragon matchup. Flamethrower can be used for consistency and as another safer Fire move option. Fire Blast hits for good damage output but comes at the cost of having lowered accuracy. Flash Cannon hits Ice and Fairy types like Chien-Pao and Iron Valiant. Earth Power hits opposing Heatran and Toxapex as well.
WIP
On Hold

[Normal] Shed Tail Offense

Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch/Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Headlong Rush

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Normal
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Shed Tail
- Knock Off
- Draco Meteor

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Zoroark-Hisui @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Flamethrower/Focus Blast
- Trick
Ursaluna: Serves as a tank and breaker for the team. Max HP combined with it's solid defenses make it nearly impossible to OHKO while hitting back hard with Guts boosted attacks. I've invested the leftover EVs in to speed, to speed creep other relevant base 50s with no investment such as: Iron Hands, Kingambit, and Azumarill. Facade serves as the primary STAB attack with 140 base power it is incredibly difficult for non-ghosts to switch in to. Headlong Rush is it's secondary STAB, great for hitting grounded steels, rocks, and ghost types. Earthquake can also be used, to avoid the stat drops, at the cost of reduced breaking potential. Drain punch provides some recovery, which may just allow Luna to tank an extra hit later. It also does 49% minimum to a roosting max defense Corviknight, allowing Ursaluna to force an attack without risking getting the play wrong. Ice punch is for bulky Dragon and Flying types, (such as PhysDef Garchomp and Landorus) with out taking additional rocky helmet chip. Crunch can also be used as midground for predicting ghost types switching in or balloon Gholdengo.

Blissey: Serves as the special wall and support for the team. Stealth rocks let the team's breakers more effectively OHKO. Thunder wave provides speed control and a precious 30% chance to prevent the target from moving entirely, which can be vital behind a sub or at low HP. Soft-boiled allows for greater longevity. Seismic toss provides consistent damage. Unfortunately this set is completely ineffective against ghosts. Shadow ball can be run over seismic toss to alleviate this, but the damage reduction is too costly in other match-ups.

Cyclizar: Serves as speedy support and hazard removal. Shed tail is any incredibly useful pivoting move which allows for free switch ins for it's teammates. High speed with shed tail also allows Cyclizar to serve as a good lead to scout your opponent's lead and pivot out in to a better matchup. Heavy duty boots plus rapid spin allow it to remove hazards for the team (especially Staraptor) without getting chipped. Knock-off provides chip while removing items. Draco meteor serves as strong STAB for picking off chipped down opponents.

Ditto: Ditto is ditto. It serves as a revenge killer that disincentivizes set-up. Vital in ghost, dragon matchups as well as fighting for it's ability to transform in to Iron Valiant and Zamazenta.

Staraptor: Serves as more consistent revenge killer and late game sweeper that doesn't have to rely on transforming into the right mon. Brave bird is the primary STAB attacking move, hitting even neutral targets incredibly hard thanks to Reckless. Vital for the fighting matchup. Quick attack works to pick off chipped speed-boosting sweepers (such as Espathra, Baraskewda in rain, and sash/unburden Sneasler) and faster scarfers (such as Enamorus and Meowscarada). Close combat is coverage for steel and rock types that resist brave bird, as well as being a decent middle ground to avoid recoil from brave bird. U-turn allows Staraptor to pivot on switch or scout the opponent's lead.

Zoroark: Serves as a vital fighting immunity for the team and special breaker. Shadow ball is it's primary STAB attacking move which serves as a great mid-ground when you don't want to predict. Psychic allows it to actually KO the fighting types it deceives. Flamethrower is used to hit steel types super-effectively that resist shadow ball as well as Corviknight. Focus blast can also be used instead to better deal with dark types as well as steel, but the miss chance can be extremely detrimental when deception is key. Trick is used to cripple fatter mons that are difficult to deal with (such as Ting-Lu) or removing Kingambit's mind games.

It can disguise itself as Blissey to bait close combat and hit back with powerful choice specs attacks or it can disguise as Staraptor to bait in and KO physically defensive Pokemon (such as Great Tusk and Corviknight). These are the primary two as it doesn't get as much value disguising as Staraptor, Ursaluna, or Ditto (for obvious reasons).
On Hold

Approved

[Dragon] All Choiced Monodragon

https://pokepast.es/200f7db0638b3606

This team oddly worked well while I used it to play for fun.

Briefly, banded Roaring Moon does a lot of damage and it's fast enough to outspeed most of not scarfed pokes in the meta.

Banded Garchomp plays a similar role but with a little less power and much more resistance.

Specs Walking Wakes does exactly the same thing but in the special way.

Scarf haxorus has enough power to do a lot of damage being not that slow. Scarf Calibur does just the same.

Same goes for scarf Hydra but on the special side.

I know that's really weird and I know it was not supposed to work, but I reached 1589 points only with this team.

The surprise effect might be one of the reasons but also we have to consider how powerfull dragon type pokemons are naturally.

[Fire] Sun Offense

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Clear Smog

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 SpD
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Steam Eruption / Weather Ball

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Court Change

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick / Switcheroo
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm / Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Raging Fury
- Outrage
- Close Combat

:torkoal: I'm not going to insult your intelligence by spelling out everything Torkoal does for Fire, but I will point out what it's not doing on this team: no status moves. Stealth Rock is a no-go since I'm relying primarily on Court Change for hazard removal (and I personally find it more philosophically poignant to only make my opponents suffer the hazards they use, anyway), Yawn is sketchy when 2/3 of my team, Torkoal itself included, can randomly inflict Burns, and Will-O-Wisp becomes a dead slot once the Burn is already set (or against other Fire-types). Instead, Rapid Spin and Clear Smog are used to heckle opponents who would disrespect it by setting up on it. Flare Blitz is Torkoal's hardest hitting move barring only Overheat, and Earthquake threatens most things Flare Blitz can't. This is of course far from the only way to build Torkoal, but I think it works nicely for this particular layout.

:volcanion: This is how you don't die to Walking Wake. While Volcanion always has had good qualities for Fire, including its typing, ability, and movepool, Water Absorb is frankly a must-have to deal with Hydro Steam, in or out of Sun. Assault Vest with heavy SpD investment lets it live and outrace Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse, on the switch if its Spe is higher than its SpA. Solar Beam is your best option when the Sun is up, and Sludge Bomb and Earth Power are your best options without it. Steam Eruption is unfortunately not cheap in the same way Hydro Steam is, but it does help make Volcanion a bit less weather-reliant. Alternatively, Weather Ball is your best Fire move in Sun, but you do basically go all-in on Volcanion needing weather to function.

:cinderace: Mostly opting out of Libero because Normal-typing from Court Change is awkward. Pyro Ball, U-turn, and Sucker Punch are all must-haves in any Cinderace kit.

:delphox: I searched for the fastest Fire-type with a move super effective against Dragon and gave it a Scarf. The rest of the movepool writes itself: Trick ruins the day of any defensive or set-up mon (and that fills me personally with glee), Psyshock is a non-Fire STAB which incidentally lets you hit special walls (which you may or may not have tricked your Scarf onto), and Fire Blast is just plain your strongest spammable move in Sun. Oh, and, Max Spe EVs while Timid gave it an odd-numbered Speed value, and given its relatively unique Speed tier, I figured it'd be worth taking a single point just to ensure having 4x+1 HP. Old traumas habits die hard. Anyway, while it's not quite your strongest special attacker, it's still got a very respectable SpA stat, so you'll be 1-or-2-shotting most things you throw it at.

:heatran: I'm gonna be honest: Magma Storm is purely me being extremely petty against stall. It does have a nice quirk against Water, however: you guarantee the safety of clicking Solar Beam, by disabling the option to switch into Pelipper. Plus, breaking Forretress and obvious Sash users in a single turn 75% of the time instead of, like, 30% is always nice. 75% Accuracy is extremely painful, however, especially when it's your only option to hit something like a Corviknight. Physical bulk investment does make those Body Presses slightly less painful to deal with, but, the reason you're using Heatran in the first place is as an answer to opposing Rock-types, which are mostly physical in nature, and possibly even a Ground-type or two while the Sun is up and you still have Air Balloon. Basically you lead Heatran whenever you see something like an opposing :kleavor: or :glimmora: in team preview and blast 'em with Flash Cannon before they can do too much damage, and then when an opening presents itself, you switch in Torkoal or Cinderace to clean up their mess. Fire immunity on a Steel-type is situationally nice when you're keeping Sun up, but I could understand if someone wanted to opt for Flame Body instead, particularly if they're already putting in the physical bulk anyway. (Anything to break opposing Sashes, right?)

:arcanine: Banded Extreme Speed. That's basically the entire reason this is here. Of course, mono-Ghost is a thing, so we're going to need more moves. Raging Fury is your hardest-hitting move against most things, most Ghosts included, especially in Sun, and Outrage hits basically everything else. Close Combat is coverage against Rock-types specifically, but it's nice to have against Dark, too. This thing is the very definition of a lategame cleaner. While Hisuian Arcanine is slightly stronger, it is also slightly slower, and possesses double weaknesses to both Water and Ground, and I'm not about to have two double-Ground weak Pokémon run on the same team.

EDIT 2023-7-25: added two more replays

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/e22894fca0ae5063 Sunless Fire

Description: With the release of Volcanion, weatherless fire is once again a viable option. We utilize Talonflame for hazard removal, various offensive mons that don't benefit from sun too much (arcanine breaks things even without sun, Cerludedge doesnt have fire STAB, Volcanion like to use its Water STAB), as well as glue such as scarf Cinderace for speed control, and Specially Defensive Heatran as a dragon resist. Got to ~1630 on an alt with this before I got bored of laddering.

Replays (random ladder replays):

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896307417-qgn63a6pxx0ta9bbhlx8mqga5i8tvhvpw vs flying
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896334901-ofxd6jk2070x2ldf7uqlqepb80g6ytkpw vs fairy
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896336822-vx5q1lxtgia2uodm8yhscdygnwf7s60pw vs rain water + wake
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896339854-7fpghq0f6twk5lfbmqkg9o7c6quhleopw vs dragon

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:tyranitar: :kleavor: :glimmora: :drednaw: :coalossal: :lycanroc-dusk:

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam
- Low Kick / ice punch

Coalossal @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Tar Shot

Kleavor @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Axe
- Night Slash / aerial ace
- Close Combat / brick break

Glimmora @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam / sludge wave
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Play Rough

Drednaw @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Shell Smash
file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-20-boomp11-genesyselpetitdieu.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-20-boomp11-buhtta.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-navdex-boomp11.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-artillarysquid.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-sgpaco.html vs bug file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-et314.html vs ground file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-bigbary.html vs steel https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909308907-ltdutqa4afwsd3bbkagymv5oez11c5qpw vs poison
This is my team that got me to top 250 in the ladder with rock. This team is just all about aggression and playing the match ups carefully. Coalossal is crucial as he has flame body which can be a matter of you getting 6-0ed or having a higher chance of winning. You can always run air balloon on glimmora if you dont want specs. scarf roc is literally your best speed control rock mon as you normally loses to faster scarfers. drednaw is an good shell smash sweeper if he can get active but often loses to unawares or scarfers who speeds are 372 and higher. hopefully this can get sampled to help out other rock players feed back is appreciated! i dont know how to make the links blue so just copy and paste it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam
- Low Kick

Coalossal @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Tar Shot

Kleavor @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Axe
- Night Slash
- Close Combat

Glimmora @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Play Rough

Drednaw @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Shell Smash
file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-20-boomp11-genesyselpetitdieu.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-20-boomp11-buhtta.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-navdex-boomp11.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-artillarysquid.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-sgpaco.html vs bug file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-et314.html vs ground file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-bigbary.html vs steel
This is my team that got me to top 250 in the ladder with rock. This team is just all about aggression and playing the match ups carefully. Coalossal is crucial as he has flame body which can be a matter of you getting 6-0ed or having a higher chance of winning. You can always run air balloon on glimmora if you dont want specs. scarf rock is literally your best speed control rock mon as you normally loses to faster scarfers. drednaw is an good shell smash sweeper if he can get active but often loses to unawares or scarfers who sppeds are 372 and higher. hopefully this can get sampled to help out other rock players feeed back is appreciated! i dont know how to make the links blue so just copy and paste it.
U should choose the replay link options , not the download one :v

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Saw there was no Steel sample and as it is a metagame staple I wanted to post one I’ve been having fun with.

Balanced Steel
:heatran: :goodra-hisui: :iron treads: :corviknight: :gholdengo: :Kingambit:
https://pokepast.es/969718ce6659126e

I think this is the main 6 Steel revolves around in SV. Metal sound heatran is for hydreigon spectrier and volcarona to 1v1 those three giants. Hisuian Goodra with maximum physical defense is really nice to be a defensive juggernaut since it walks a fuckton of stuff, mainly the water and fire Pokémon. Shell armor is for Urshifu’s surging strikes. Scarf Gholdengo and Band Treads is preferred over vise versa because Scarf Gholdengo gives you fast Trick and a Urshifu answer. Cb treads hits a really good speed tier and boltbeam coverage means you’re good against flying too. Defog corvi knight means you don’t lose to spikes Dark and u-turn is always good for pivoting. Kingambit is Kingambit and you can run black glasses on it. I used this team week 2 in MPL and it’s been tested before & beats 95% of the meta; I can write more when I have more time and you can message me on discord too if you have any questions.

MPL vs Dieu: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9monotype-700264

Will post more teams when I get the time.

Last edited:
Saw there was no Steel sample and as it is a metagame staple I wanted to post one I’ve been having fun with.

Balanced Steel

I think this is the main 6 Steel revolves around in SV. Metal sound heatran is for hydreigon spectrier and volcarona to 1v1 those three giants. Hisuian Goodra with maximum physical defense is really nice to be a defensive juggernaut since it walks a fuckton of stuff, mainly the water and fire Pokémon. Shell armor is for Urshifu’s surging strikes. Scarf Gholdengo and Band Treads is preferred over vise versa because Scarf Gholdengo gives you fast Trick and a Urshifu answer. Cb treads hits a really good speed tier and boltbeam coverage means you’re good against flying too. Defog corvi knight means you don’t lose to spikes Dark and u-turn is always good for pivoting. Kingambit is Kingambit and you can run black glasses on it. I used this team week 2 in MPL and it’s been tested before & beats 95% of the meta; I can write more when I have more time and you can message me on discord too if you have any questions.

Replay doesn't count, it was against normal

So this doesn't get deleted for being a complete shitpost, I'll post another team for samples:

Garganacl cheese rock
https://pokepast.es/af7176079d1cb2cb

Description:
You have to ask yourself, "what is the purpose of this type?" And the answer is obvously to spam Salt cure and watch ladder people rage as Salt Cure destroys every single balance core ever made. This team has Garganacl to spam Salt Cure, Coalossal to support Garga with random burns as well as spin support, has AV ttar to tank special attacks coming Garganacl's way, has Balloon Drednaw as a ground immunity, and Scarf Kelvor and Gimmora to regenve kill all the pesky breakers that try to make Garganacl faint. Got to 1590 on ladder before tilting.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909566470-xwywfk4um36uvzsi2m6rawzqq29sm36pw vs fairy with Azumarill
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909548632-f5648uefw5c0tc8hro6li711dvmamdxpw vs flying (Garga salt cure show)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909546333-x5lm3pdsoxm8ehse7c3kdiiltbmtdlupw vs dark
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909539214-jqo5o6bjt5evkz2et9nv04txrcjhwmbpw vs dragon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909531399-ns3u4ti86dbx7mzyize1j35dxjs8cx2pw vs flying
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909459490-sqhqfpxzhtiajux2hmb5gzc1hug8xvqpw vs fairy
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909449518-2te6wx9ow8q3jbv1yvegjf6hlvnvl1spw vs ground
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909441273-fz2ou09n9sf399qcbknzmk2r4wi6m73pw vs poison
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909418056-zmkshydyfhaxqcmj0wd8xiyri34k9fppw vs poison
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909412368-ozta28abfkvctsfmm4g3oly03ezkmykpw vs grass
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909572163-pij3escizlu3l57yh2ypon274ibfz57pw vs fighting

Balanced Steel

Well, I was gonna posta possible sample for Steel, but found this and realised its kinda the same, just with different mons. I´ll still post my version as an alternative cuz why not

https://pokepast.es/ab0e4ea0dadc41c8

1690250630050.png

[Ghost] Hyper Offense

:zoroark_hisui: :flutter_mane: :spectrier: :mimikyu: :gholdengo: :froslass:

Zoroark-Hisui :zoroark_hisui:
Serves as afailsafe against the Ghost ditto, as well as being able to switch into any Shadow Sneaks from oposing threats trying to kill either Flutter or Spectrier.
It also has the ability to cripple walls with trick, and has pretty nice coverage overall (other options can be grass knot, hyper voice, low kick, sludge bomb or Hyper beam if youre feeling funny)

Flutter Mane :flutter_mane:

Easy to use, fast and strong special ghost type with a fairy type for darks. You can pretty much run any set on this, like calm mind or scarf (just make sure that one of your 3 special ghost types si scarfed):
Coverage can be customized

Spectrier :spectrier:

Spectrier fills a really similar role as Flutter mane, being more of a "snowballing" pokemon compared to Flutter mane´s inmediate power. Sub Nasty plot is a simple set that allows you to break through most walls, wall blissey and other annoying targets for ghost. Scarf or specs can also be run, but aren´t so much recomended due to the lack of coverage on this horse.

Mimikyu :mimikyu:

Finally, a physical attacker.
Basically your "I dont wanna autolose to dark" option.
Pretty simple, use your disguise to set up SD and go to town with sneak for faster targets + wallbreak with your coverage, SPECIALLY against dark types.

Gholdengo :gholdengo:

Gholdengo serves as a reliable wallbreaker with good recovery, multiple sets and another (slower) nasty plot user.
Remember wallbreaking with SD Mimikyu? Well, that but special now. Also offers the great Steel type to give it more oportunities to switch in.
Set can be customized, but Balloon is pretty standart (specially vs Clod on mono ground/poison)

Froslass :froslass:

Easy and simple spikes setter, which is great for Ghost since your´e always spinblocking just by existing. Taunt prevents other hazzards, icy wind prevents set up and deals damage (shadow ball can be used instead, as well as pretty much any special attack you want) and Destiny bond is for cheese kills once youre done setting up some spikes or something wants to KO you as fast as possible.

[NOTE: REPLAYS WILL BE ADDED SOON!]

Special thanks to: Nathanlikeschicken, amazing Poketuber that introduced me to this beautiful metagame (and kinda inspired me into submitting this).

:scrafty:

style.css

is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Approved

Team composition is not well rounded and lacks synergy.
Rejected

Balanced Fire
:arcanine-hisui: :volcanion: :rotom-heat: :tauros-paldea-blaze: :moltres: :skeledirge:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1895294620
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1895299334
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1895306422-2yo0avfd9jpsuyftd83usrxjb845h87pw (I am bad at predictions)
:arcanine-hisui: Arcanine-hisui is my choice user. The doggo is able to punish switches with its powerful moves and above average attack stats using band.
:volcanion: Volcanion with fire is like peanut butter and jelly. They go hand in hand. My volcanion is bulky and can tank a couple hits from an urshi. Earth power for pex and the occasional water absorb quag and/or clod, and scald to hopefully burn the receiving end of the scald.
:rotom-heat: Rotom-heat is my other way to burn my opponent via will-o-wisp. It's also useful for pivoting using volt switch into one of my other pokemon (mostly tauros, but also volcanion).
:tauros-paldea-blaze: Setting up Taurus is easy with a lot of burning going on. Even when no one is burned, it's a very good lead because of intimidate. Tauros has won me more battles just because it's easy to set up.
:moltres: Moltres has a sort of nicheness. Tailwind is probably very niche, but it can be used to make your pokemon faster. This team specifically likes to be faster than the opponent. For example, rotom likes to burn pults, but it really can't unless it's fast. Flame body synergizes with the team.
:skeledirge: Unaware Skeledirge is a good way make set up mons like Volcarona bad. Spdef for quiver dancers and the like
This submission is similar but a little less refined than another submission.
Rejected

Wanted to drop you this team that I've been experimenting with since home dropped. I've currently maxed out at 1505 with this team, fallen a bit but still doing well with it.
View attachment 531076

The Team:

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/dd05e98b9f546e31

Description:
In the past sun has served fire well, but with the new generation it feels like there are too many sun abusers on every other team. With the fire type not getting access to any of the paradoxes, it felt like a liability to use sun. The team drew a lot of inspiration from the sunless team last generation, but takes on a more aggressive and less balance position.

Heatran is the best check to Flutter Mane out there, and lets you get rocks up in games where it's necessary.

Volcanion and Arcanine-Hisui serve as classic wall breakers. Not much to talk about here yet, the sets are pretty self explanatory.

Volcarona is a QD+3 set, as without access tera and with the healing move nerfs it feels like the staying power isn't as helpful as the coverage.

Cinderace is your scarfer, only outsped by a handful of pokemon and strong enough to serve the role.

Moltres is the odd one. Having lost both Defog and Mystical Fire, I almost replaced it with Skeledrige but couldn't find consistency with it. I drew inspiration from an ice team I saw using tailwind Articuno, and have been putting it to great use. Tailwind into Arcanine-H is often a guaranteed kill, since Arcanine is strong enough to 1 or 2-hit most mons. While that's the main way I use it, switching to Volcarona instead can let you mini-sweep with Fiery Dance (no QD), it lets Heatran and Volcanion both outsped things they shouldn't to get a kill, and Cinderace is then guaranteed to outspeed the world.

Only other thing worth mentioning, 3 of the pokemon on the team have Flame Body, and there are times where it's correct to just sac and hope for a burn.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1890012669-oxodn2xhrw4fyz50zpk0eeqjy18k4v7pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1891052996
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1891839877-c16sgo6uz3u4f9xnuu0o5ougznp96brpw
This submission is similar but a little less refined than another submission.
Rejected

https://pokepast.es/8b3c232ca17f08b7

This is my dark, I have a defensive playstyle and I found spdef ting-lu + def sableye to not be enough of a defensive backbone
This is nearly identical to the existing sample.
Rejected

[Dragon] Noivern Support
https://pokepast.es/861c41872ff48c7b

I find Noivern helps a lot in Fighting and Bug MU, as well as giving the team much needed hazard control, freeing up an item slot for Bax. Scarf Pult is actually pretty decent and can help out against threats like Meowscarda, Flutter Mane, and Cloyster, while giving the team momentum. Hydreigon is rocking life orb this time around for an all-out attacker set. The rest is pretty standard, honestly. Defensive Chomp is defensive chomp, and Hoodra saves you against fairies, while occasionally sweeping.
The team felt the utility provided by Noivern is not enough to warrant it's use over Cyclizar.
Rejected

[Steel] Banded Treads
https://pokepast.es/20faf3786e6e7b8a

Treads is helps out againt the Flying and Dragon MU with Ice spinner and Wild Charge , as well as ensuring KO's against Poison and Fire. Scarf Dengo for Speed control. Heatron for traping stuff, while Hoodra helps with on the special end. The rest are pretty self-explanatory.

EDIT: Added Wild Charge as an option to help with Water. Thats important, too!
This team is very similar to another submission that is closer to what the team is looking for.
Rejected

My Grass Offense team
https://pokepast.es/18f39a76d806ce3d

I've been having quite a lot of success lately with this team and thought it wouldn't hurt to share it here. I tried many different approaches to grass-teams, as it's by far the type I used the most in gen 9 post home so far and this is the one that worked best for me.
This team should be played very offensively and you should also try to win quickly with it and win with the raw power that you have. The gameplan is often very simple, pressure with mons right from the start and then use Amoonguss with eject button as a crucial pivot to keep up the pressure (later on by it using spore and then switching out) The star of the team is probably Lilligant-H as even with only 2 attacks, it can win a lot of matchups just after one turn of Victory Dance and if you don't miss.
This one took more discussion but the we felt the team could use more refinement in some of the sets.
Rejected

:diancie::tyranitar::lycanroc::glimmora::arcanine-hisui::kleavor:
:diancie: - Diancie is a solid physically defensive mon whose secondary typing is very useful in the Dark matchup and gives you a small glimmer of hope in the Fighting matchup, one of the Four Impossible Matchups for this type (Fighting, Steel, Water, Ground).

:tyranitar: - S tier mon on this type. You need this for sand and every serious rock team should have a tyranitar. I've chosen Assault Vest for this team and pretty much walls every special attacker that doesn't have a STAB super effective attack (which you're probably thinking ?? since it has 7 weaknesses but it takes hits very well and hits back decently hard in return)

:lycanroc: - Always been the better form in this meta sorry not sorry. For a type that has fundamental issues, you need as many wincons as possible and Dusk does not have Sand Rush. This lycanroc can go Adamant and outspeed the entire tier under sand while having a great damage output with good coverage in Close Combat and Play Rough and priority in Accelerock to revenge kill weakened threats. Its also your other shot at beating Fighting as Play Rough spam will ohko the frailer mons on the type like Valiant.

:glimmora: - Rock's special wallbreaker and Spikes setter. Mainly used as a suicide lead in most circumstances so you can possibly force tspikes up with its ability.

:arcanine-hisui: - God-send mon for the type. Fire is generally useful for rock to have access to threaten Grass and Steel teams and the other Fire type on this type was :coalossal:.. Enough said tbh. The Fire typing also offers a neutrality to the aforementioned types and prevents Scizor Bug from getting the win instantly. Choice Scarf is very threatening, offsetting Arcanines average speed tier and basically making grass a free win (Not much of an achievement since grass is a bottom tier type but let rock get its wins.)

:kleavor: - I haven't been too impressed with Kleavor overall as a mon tbh but this type already struggles with varied options so here it is. It does hit hard and Stone Axe means I don't have to waste a slot on rocks on Diancie or Glimmora.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1898354089-o8j194nqxlqrtmy0a3aorb0bha7811vpw - Vs Psychic

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1898345754-e88hs9fmclx1nw4kt4ooee4yz3kp6v5pw - Vs Electric where CM Diancie 1v1ed Coil Eelektross

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1898342899-q1e31uqdap29unwrhicstygdym13s0jpw - Vs Ghost. Rock actually pairs well into Ghost despite the Gholdengo on most Ghost teams. Counterplay was dicey since they decided to crit my arcanine.

Definitely the best version of the team so far. The 1000-1300 range is a mixed bag to solo rock with but there's so many bug teams low ladder.
Approved

https://pokepast.es/872af67d6e02ac92

great sample fighting team for all monotype players
Approved

Nice team - I have a team that has these exact 6 'mons but with different sets here.

On another note, Flying is a really good type this generation. Enamorus was a blessing for it, and its core attributes are still as good as ever. Here's a HO Flying team that I made for the Welcome Home tournament (that unfortunately was not used), which focuses on pivoting and getting your main threats in as much as possible. I'll quickly go over each member of the team.

-----------------------------------------------------

:landorus: This thing is an insane wallbreaker. It decimates fatter team archetypes like Poison or variants of Water, which is a godsend for Flying teams. The amount of switches it forces allows Nasty Plot, its new pickup this gen, to shine. It has just enough coverage to smack anything trying to switch in, and even unboosted, it packs a serious punch with Nasty Plot + Life Orb.

:zapdos-galar: This is a set I frequently used throughout SS, and it has served me well. It provides speed control, and Galarian Zapdos is no slouch of an attacker in its own right with its 120 BP STABs, U-turn, and Thunderous Kick to force progress. I don't have much more to say about this - it's just a good pick overall.

:enamorus: HO Flying teams do want Enamorus for Healing Wish, but I chose HDB over the more common Choice Scarf since I already had Galarian Zapdos filling the role of speed control. Healing Wish is a godsend, as you can get your wallbreakers another chance to decimate teams. Meanwhile, Enamorus appreciates this team's ability to break Steel-types down, letting it potentially sweep late-game.

:corviknight: While Corviknight may seem out of place on a HO team, it's absolutely necessary for any archetype. It provides a bastion of defense against threats like non-Thunderbolt Flutter Mane, Dragonite, and more. It also functions as a great lure for things like Gholdengo and Toxapex, which this team handily takes advantage of. Finally, being able to get rid of Stealth Rock is what holds this team together in longer games. It's the perfect glue for any Flying archetype. Being a Ice neutrality really helps as well.

:tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian provides multiple things to this team. Firstly, Regenerator is an insane ability, letting Torn-T outlast bulkier teams that aren't threatened by Landorus as much. Secondly, it is a fast pivot with U-turn, meaning that not only will it heal itself, it will bring in threats. Finally, it's not a bad attacker at all with Bleakwind Storm's Speed drop chance causing 50-50s of "Do I bring my wallbreaker in and risk a Speed drop?" It's also yet another incredible glue for Flying teams.

:dragonite: Dragonite is the final piece of this team. Its sweeping capabilities with Dragon Dance and its myriad of coverage is unmatched, and it synergizes well with the rest of the team since it appreciates bulkier cores being broken down before it sweeps. It also functions as a good defensive option with Multiscale. You can run Roost over Earthquake since this team beats Steel quite easily.
The team composition could be optimized more and Tornadus-Therian is not as good of an option as some of the others that Flying has access to.
Rejected

Since there's no Ice teams for post-home yet, I think I'll offer my two cents on this. I've been running through low and midladder with different iterations of this monoice team for about a year now, and I can showcase my latest version.
[Ice]
View attachment 534677 View attachment 534672 View attachment 534673 View attachment 534674 View attachment 534675 View attachment 534676
https://pokepast.es/334f6d5cb619e4cb

Abomasnow: The heart and soul of monoice, and the supporting backbone of this team. Snow and Aurora Veil are must haves on any ice team, and on this one they allow Baxcalibur to set up and turn Avalugg and Glastrier into nigh-unbreakable walls. Blizzard allows you to threaten common stealth rock leads like Garchomp, Lando-T, and Ting-Lu to an extent, while Leaf Storm is an excellent surprise option, particularly into Water pokemon like Samurott-H, Rotom-W, Dondozo, and Azumarill. Leech seed lets you spread a little recovery across the entire team and add a little pressure to enemy pokemon that stay in to boost such as Bulk Up Corviknight or SD Mimikyu.
Its statspread is geared towards longevity, with just enough defense to survive most non-banded STAB fighting attacks while under snow and the rest into SpD. Ideally, Abomasnow should last until late-game, and by the time it dies the last snow/Veil it sets up should allow your other mons to take the victory.

Chien-Pao: The reason Chien-Pao is 4x weak to fighting is because its back is already about to break from carrying monoice so much. This team opts for CB Pao because it's immediately threatening, while the other mons are either support or setup sweepers. Sucker Punch is the priority of choice because of its higher base power, plus it OHKOs fast ghosts such as Flutter Mane, Dragapult and scarf Gholdengo, all of which can be significant threats to this team. Sacred Sword and Icicle Crash are standard high-power moves, and Psychic Fangs offers niche screen breaking and coverage against pokemon that aren't scared of the other 3 moves, like Iron Hands and Toxapex.
Chien-Pao's stats are very simple hyperoffense. It comes in to smash holes into the opponent's team which it or a teammate can capitalize off. Due to its choice-locked nature, it's not going to stay on the field for long periods of time, but whenever something on this team dies, it's usually a chance for Chien-Pao to come in and earn a free kill.

Baxcalibur: Chien-Pao's partner in wallbreaking. Though this set prefers to get a Dragon Dance or two before running away with the game, it's still immensely threatening from the moment it hits the field. Loaded dice Icicle Spear is incredibly versatile and it's backed by Glaive Rush in case it's facing an ice resist, like Volcarona. Earthquake catches Steel types that resist both those moves and offers counterplay against fire types, though its still going to be walled by physically defensive Skeledirge with Slack Off and leftovers. It also doesn't like facing air balloon Heatran, who usually runs Flash Cannon. Still, with defensive support from Abomasnow and Froslass helping it pivot in, Baxcalibur can set up incredibly easily and tear through teams just as easily as Chien-Pao.
Despite being this team's only fire neutrality and having the strongest anti-fire move, Baxcalibur can't switch into too many fire attacks thanks to its low SpD. It instead tries to boost past is threats and take out teams with its incredible coverage. 244 speed lets it outspeed Chien-Pao and Flutter Mane at +1 Spe, so you have 8 extra EVs to work with. I put them into Def to slightly weaken priority moves, they can also go into SpD to make Baxcalibur a better fire switch-in.

Avalugg: If Abomasnow is the backbone of this team, then Avalugg is the rest of the skeleton, along with several layers of reinforced steel. It's built to invalidate every physical attacker in the game and clear hazards while its at it. Iron Defense + Body Press on a pokemon with 184 base Def is wild. So wild that it wins the 1v1 against leftovers Zamazenta with its own Iron Defense and Body Press. Add in snow's defense boost, Aurora Veil support and free leftovers from Ice Body, and you're going to have enemy Chien-Paos do under 15% with Sacred Sword. If those defenses aren't up, Recover still lets Avalugg heal off damage taken from switch-ins and slowly boost its defense to +6 when all enemy special attackers are removed. And as a bonus, Rapid Spin with heavy duty boots is taken to keep Stealth Rocks and Poison Spikes under control.
However, Avalugg's special defenses are very weak. It runs 252 SpD EVs to allow it to take a stray special attack, but it'll be scared out by proper special attackers like Volcarona. It's also 99% useless against ghost. Crunch is an option to consider, but this set would have to sacrifice a lot of longevity or Spin support for it, and that's not worth it when its teammates can offer ample coverage.

Glastrier: When I first saw how few pokemon Ice got for Pokemon Home, I was ready to drop the type and switch to another. But after going through the options more closely, I realized that what we got was exactly what my team needed. A special tank. Assault vest Glastrier may have lower base SpD than Cryogonal and Articuno, but it has more HP and Def than those two, a movepool and typing that is better accustomed to using AV and an ability that lets it snowball its much higher attack stat as it picks up kills. Put it behind Aurora Veil and suddenly specs Iron Valiant's Aura Sphere isn't even doing 25% while it threaten an OHKO back with Heavy Slam. Avalanche takes advantage of its terrible speed and turns it into an incredible STAB option. Heavy Slam in general will decimate specially oriented fairies. Stomping Tantrum is sadly its best coverage into fire, a type that it'll have to tank a lot, and Crunch provides additional support into ghost, which is also heavy on special types.
Its statspread is meant to maximize special longevity at the expensive of some damage. Though Heavy Slam can OHKO Iron Valiant, it's not reliable without a layer of Spikes, so you may want to add more attack EVs depending on what Glastrier is checking. Glastrier is also vulnerable to Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin and Stealth Rocks chip and has no recovery out of Abomasnow's Leech Seed, so it has to take care not to be worn down before the opponent's scariest special attackers are removed.

Froslass: As Ice's only fighting immunity and an incredible support on a generally offensive type, Froslass feels just as vital as Abomasnow. It switches in on choice-locked attacks and disables them or absorbs them completely if they're fighting type or Ursaluna Facade. It sets up Spikes, blocks Rapid Spin, and wears enemies down with double status plus Hex. Will-O-Wisp turns physical attackers into setup fodder for Baxcalibur and Avalugg while Thunder Wave paralyzes everything else and makes them vulnerable to Chien-Pao Icicle Crashing twice. Eject button is a niche item, but it has a ton of uses. It can allow Froslass to come in, take a hit, and bring in another pokemon safely. It can be used to get up a Spike or status on a slower pokemon and switch on the same turn. It can even steal U-turn switches, giving you an opportunity to bring in Baxcalibur and immediately set up a sweep on a pokemon that's either choice-locked into U-turn or not particularly threatening to it.
Its stat spread is pretty obvious for its role. It's a fast support that wants to switch in at every opportunity to weaken the enemy for its allies. The most challenging part of using Froslass is knowing how to keep it alive and recognizing when it's best to sacrifice it. I've lost many games because Froslass died early on and couldn't come in on lategame fighting attacks. Because of how important it is throughout a game, I generally prefer not to run Taunt/Destiny Bond, although it can certainly fit either of them in place of one of its status moves.

This team lacks synergy and some sets could be refined.
Rejected

The Water team's composition could be more well rounded and the Steel is similar to another submission that is more refined.
Rejected

https://pokepast.es/abd48b0d5bdce446 Specs Cyclizar Normal

brought this for 3 games in MLT and won all 3 (well, during the games i was using resttalk on Ursaluna but i have yet to click rest or sleep talk so I replaced those with punches)

MLT replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896402577-l4ofnyoechl007buqtdozeceaoqmrglpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1900827347-ksvbiqp3290ous2pgq419otcrhggoovpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1900831827-daqc12b4wp32s5jassgw16ko5pvn9wtpw
Approved

[Dragon] All Choiced Monodragon

https://pokepast.es/200f7db0638b3606

This team oddly worked well while I used it to play for fun.

Briefly, banded Roaring Moon does a lot of damage and it's fast enough to outspeed most of not scarfed pokes in the meta.

Banded Garchomp plays a similar role but with a little less power and much more resistance.

Specs Walking Wakes does exactly the same thing but in the special way.

Scarf haxorus has enough power to do a lot of damage being not that slow. Scarf Calibur does just the same.

Same goes for scarf Hydra but on the special side.

I know that's really weird and I know it was not supposed to work, but I reached 1589 points only with this team.

The surprise effect might be one of the reasons but also we have to consider how powerfull dragon type pokemons are naturally.
This team is not competitively viable.
Rejected

This team is similar to another submission that is closer to what the team is looking for.
Rejected

[Fire] Sun Offense

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Clear Smog

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 SpD
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Steam Eruption / Weather Ball

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Court Change

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick / Switcheroo
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm / Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Raging Fury
- Outrage
- Close Combat

:torkoal: I'm not going to insult your intelligence by spelling out everything Torkoal does for Fire, but I will point out what it's not doing on this team: no status moves. Stealth Rock is a no-go since I'm relying primarily on Court Change for hazard removal (and I personally find it more philosophically poignant to only make my opponents suffer the hazards they use, anyway), Yawn is sketchy when 2/3 of my team, Torkoal itself included, can randomly inflict Burns, and Will-O-Wisp becomes a dead slot once the Burn is already set (or against other Fire-types). Instead, Rapid Spin and Clear Smog are used to heckle opponents who would disrespect it by setting up on it. Flare Blitz is Torkoal's hardest hitting move barring only Overheat, and Earthquake threatens most things Flare Blitz can't. This is of course far from the only way to build Torkoal, but I think it works nicely for this particular layout.

:volcanion: This is how you don't die to Walking Wake. While Volcanion always has had good qualities for Fire, including its typing, ability, and movepool, Water Absorb is frankly a must-have to deal with Hydro Steam, in or out of Sun. Assault Vest with heavy SpD investment lets it live and outrace Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse, on the switch if its Spe is higher than its SpA. Solar Beam is your best option when the Sun is up, and Sludge Bomb and Earth Power are your best options without it. Steam Eruption is unfortunately not cheap in the same way Hydro Steam is, but it does help make Volcanion a bit less weather-reliant. Alternatively, Weather Ball is your best Fire move in Sun, but you do basically go all-in on Volcanion needing weather to function.

:cinderace: Mostly opting out of Libero because Normal-typing from Court Change is awkward. Pyro Ball, U-turn, and Sucker Punch are all must-haves in any Cinderace kit.

:delphox: I searched for the fastest Fire-type with a move super effective against Dragon and gave it a Scarf. The rest of the movepool writes itself: Trick ruins the day of any defensive or set-up mon (and that fills me personally with glee), Psyshock is a non-Fire STAB which incidentally lets you hit special walls (which you may or may not have tricked your Scarf onto), and Fire Blast is just plain your strongest spammable move in Sun. Oh, and, Max Spe EVs while Timid gave it an odd-numbered Speed value, and given its relatively unique Speed tier, I figured it'd be worth taking a single point just to ensure having 4x+1 HP. Old traumas habits die hard. Anyway, while it's not quite your strongest special attacker, it's still got a very respectable SpA stat, so you'll be 1-or-2-shotting most things you throw it at.

:heatran: I'm gonna be honest: Magma Storm is purely me being extremely petty against stall. It does have a nice quirk against Water, however: you guarantee the safety of clicking Solar Beam, by disabling the option to switch into Pelipper. Plus, breaking Forretress and obvious Sash users in a single turn 75% of the time instead of, like, 30% is always nice. 75% Accuracy is extremely painful, however, especially when it's your only option to hit something like a Corviknight. Physical bulk investment does make those Body Presses slightly less painful to deal with, but, the reason you're using Heatran in the first place is as an answer to opposing Rock-types, which are mostly physical in nature, and possibly even a Ground-type or two while the Sun is up and you still have Air Balloon. Basically you lead Heatran whenever you see something like an opposing :kleavor: or :glimmora: in team preview and blast 'em with Flash Cannon before they can do too much damage, and then when an opening presents itself, you switch in Torkoal or Cinderace to clean up their mess. Fire immunity on a Steel-type is situationally nice when you're keeping Sun up, but I could understand if someone wanted to opt for Flame Body instead, particularly if they're already putting in the physical bulk anyway. (Anything to break opposing Sashes, right?)

:arcanine: Banded Extreme Speed. That's basically the entire reason this is here. Of course, mono-Ghost is a thing, so we're going to need more moves. Raging Fury is your hardest-hitting move against most things, most Ghosts included, especially in Sun, and Outrage hits basically everything else. Close Combat is coverage against Rock-types specifically, but it's nice to have against Dark, too. This thing is the very definition of a lategame cleaner. While Hisuian Arcanine is slightly stronger, it is also slightly slower, and possesses double weaknesses to both Water and Ground, and I'm not about to have two double-Ground weak Pokémon run on the same team.

EDIT 2023-7-25: added two more replays
There are a few sets that could be optimized more and the composition is slightly unbalanced.
Rejected

https://pokepast.es/e22894fca0ae5063 Sunless Fire

Description: With the release of Volcanion, weatherless fire is once again a viable option. We utilize Talonflame for hazard removal, various offensive mons that don't benefit from sun too much (arcanine breaks things even without sun, Cerludedge doesnt have fire STAB, Volcanion like to use its Water STAB), as well as glue such as scarf Cinderace for speed control, and Specially Defensive Heatran as a dragon resist. Got to ~1630 on an alt with this before I got bored of laddering.

Replays (random ladder replays):

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896307417-qgn63a6pxx0ta9bbhlx8mqga5i8tvhvpw vs flying
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896334901-ofxd6jk2070x2ldf7uqlqepb80g6ytkpw vs fairy
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896336822-vx5q1lxtgia2uodm8yhscdygnwf7s60pw vs rain water + wake
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1896339854-7fpghq0f6twk5lfbmqkg9o7c6quhleopw vs dragon
Approved

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam
- Low Kick / ice punch

Coalossal @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Tar Shot

Kleavor @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Axe
- Night Slash / aerial ace
- Close Combat / brick break

Glimmora @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam / sludge wave
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Play Rough

Drednaw @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Shell Smash
file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-20-boomp11-genesyselpetitdieu.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-20-boomp11-buhtta.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-navdex-boomp11.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-artillarysquid.html vs water file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-sgpaco.html vs bug file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-et314.html vs ground file:///C:/Users/Molly1/Downloads/Gen9Monotype-2023-07-19-boomp11-bigbary.html vs steel https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1909308907-ltdutqa4afwsd3bbkagymv5oez11c5qpw vs poison
This is my team that got me to top 250 in the ladder with rock. This team is just all about aggression and playing the match ups carefully. Coalossal is crucial as he has flame body which can be a matter of you getting 6-0ed or having a higher chance of winning. You can always run air balloon on glimmora if you dont want specs. scarf roc is literally your best speed control rock mon as you normally loses to faster scarfers. drednaw is an good shell smash sweeper if he can get active but often loses to unawares or scarfers who speeds are 372 and higher. hopefully this can get sampled to help out other rock players feed back is appreciated! i dont know how to make the links blue so just copy and paste it.
This team is similar to another submission that is closer to what we are looking for.
Rejected

Balanced Steel

Approved

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/Landorus: :sv/Clodsire: :sv/Great-Tusk: :sv/Iron-Treads: :sv/Sandy-Shocks: :sv/Quagsire:
[Ground] Balance
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot / Rock Slide

Clodsire @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Great Tusk @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off

Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rapid Spin
- Protect / Volt Switch

Sandy Shocks @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Gravity

Quagsire @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover

:sv/Flutter-Mane: :sv/Spectrier: :sv/Dragapult: :sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Zoroark-Hisui: :sv/Brambleghast:
[Ghost] Offense
Flutter Mane @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 12 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt

Spectrier @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Draining Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp / Substitute

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Disable / Phantom Force

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 208 HP / 152 Def / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover / Focus Blast

Zoroark-Hisui @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Trick

Brambleghast @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Shadow Sneak / Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Last edited:

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Is Regieleki legit in Electric Monotype? I thought you can't use him because he is in Uber Tier.
he is, since its the matchup fisher that obliterates types without Ground and is half the reason why Elec is worth running. He's also the only consistent entry hazard remover for Electric too, because of it forcing the opponent to swap into their electric immunity or risk massive damage.

He's not banned here due to most types having a ground anyway, and Elec being relatively meh.

I hope this answers your question :blobnom:

Offensive Ice

https://pokepast.es/00efef07fa094a9c

Description: Made for the Ice core challenge, we run Glastrier and Chien-Pao because we have to, and other HO staples such as Sash Cloyster and DD bax. We have Froslass as a Suicide lead with Spikes to break sashes, and scarf Rotom-F as speed control. Got Silver (1550) on the core challenge, and it's worth noting no one reached 1600 despite trying (ice is just that bad). Anyways have fun using the worst type in the game and autolosing to bug, steel, fighting, rock and having terrible mus against fire and dark and several fairy variants (namely, anything running tinkaton). But hey you consistently beat flying so that's clearly a fair tradeoff, right?

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913791940-8m572zm56p1lbkstmrlb9klu873xgrwpw vs fire
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913695366-9n0387g1pl0tqanf1103m6yj13yhzkppw vs fire
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913685475-w92p0g57pmaiv8p51kf0r98kxh3uzwppw vs ground
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913673965-ylhyeuv1xpd0rbyxxfyeeivm5oqbzuipw vs fire
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913390925-4302jmsw7u7p5qvvdyxkrh06q626gwwpw vs psychic
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913369481-22ut4kfj3mitppilqyhfl2u8661y6xdpw vs normal
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913274248-p103a02sfr0yf6dnconsi6hz465wi9spw vs fairy
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913260710-ebsa2bwyauuieie4d4xq3s4cthjy57gpw vs ghost
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913245524-ogx9r9t2i6jfyzwjxxs947lrbw0xw38pw vs flying
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913236944-8mx1az5sk7jmkd6dxicvdo2lv8joopepw vs poison
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913189927-c4jwv73ledyg3dxuhvbwokn3t1sxjv1pw vs fairy
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913129535-rjr91kqe3xzszk560phndfc6koyf8f2pw vs fire
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913087639-kmmy47gudf6pe982f529i7ivk382ooppw vs fighting
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1912820355-j5no6tyjrnxi1achwuvls65wvz9yj9hpw vs fighting
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1912206038-k5p033n4p9ripu8jdi8np903m61bbdupw vs electric
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1910911097-vcfp07h641ewjw8nc0rodvdssboccpcpw vs ground
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1910907849-e5igre31q45i4kqq2grkni5krxlbabhpw vs dark
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1910903206-6p8zkuy6fz8vyxxo4ek6btt3isxdr0opw vs ghost
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1910895628-qpx8e7lpvlwix8cbznav9ron7viui4vpw vs electric
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1910891400-i8wonbq2kgpl41541qmkpxzdp9y2cvppw vs poison
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1910650574-ebrqlyu0upquyz6ee8n78w6q7yv0ai7pw vs fairy
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1910302850-jo56d84mvcaw4mjvqnmigvnbhrb91gspw vs water
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1910290237-j3apzswlmmmc3tcfljz3ax6cseb2qpvpw vs water
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913389864-sglbjce8i44z51z9mp9by6lvn6axmtjpw vs bug
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1913086008-bellutlt9216bbrabn2o5s41eaqa9krpw vs flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)