Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BijouMode

i'm dying of thirst
is a Tiering Contributor
while that is a crazy calc, it requires you Tera to avoid the sucker punch KO, requires you to run nasty plot, and you'll probably still die if you don't have spikes or if the kingambit is boots because it'll just +2 sucker punch you which has a good chance to kill even with only 1 SO boost. Thunder wave and fblast are more reliable (fblast reliable lol), less-investment ways to punish the kingambit switch.

also, look at this calc:
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lokix: 237-280 (83.7 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Lokix Axe Kick vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 624-736 (156 - 184%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lokix is literally the best pokemon in the game confirmed?
252+ Atk Tinted Lens Lokix First Impression vs. Lvl 1 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon-Primal: 3568-4198 (27446.1 - 32292.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Confirmed.

What are people’s thoughts on Roaring Moon? It’s true that as long as Gambit is legal, it always will live in the shadow of the king. But as an endgame sweeper, one advantage it has over Gambit is speed. People are increasingly running anti-sucker punch tech to deal with Gambit (wisp Cinderace, encore booster Valiant, sub Walking Wake or Baxcalibur), but a +1 tera flying Roaring Moon doesn’t care about this and outspeeds and OHKOs all of these mons. Roaring Moon can’t surpass Gambit’s bulk and supreme overlord shenanigans, but the more people prepare for Gambit, the better Roaring Moon will be.
I think it is low-key underrated, but that booster energy DD set struggles to break past Zapdos and doesn't like priority from Baxcalibur. The fact that it's moves are non STAB and fairly weak w/o boosting hurts its cleaning potential a fair deal.

Roaring Moon does have a wide novepool and could run a wide variety of Tera Types, like maybe Tera Rock Rock Slide to break past Zap, but that puts you at big disadvantage vs other threats like Grear Tusk and Lando-T. In general, other options seem more consistently threatening.

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I think it is low-key underrated, but that booster energy DD set struggles to break past Zapdos and doesn't like priority from Baxcalibur. The fact that it's moves are non STAB and fairly weak w/o boosting hurts its cleaning potential a fair deal.

Roaring Moon does have a wide novepool and could run a wide variety of Tera Types, like maybe Tera Rock Rock Slide to break past Zap, but that puts you at big disadvantage vs other threats like Grear Tusk and Lando-T. In general, other options seem more consistently threatening.
It gets Stone Edge btw

+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Zapdos: 454-536 (118.2 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Its main issues rn are competition with Bax, Dnite, and Gambit, along with its 4MSS. It rarely has room for its main STAB move, A.K.A Crunch. It really wants Acro to hit Tusks, it wants Stone Edge for Zapdos + Molt, and EQ for Gambit. Usually its fine cause Tera Flying Acro + Edgequake hits everything, but it also means it needs to burn a Tera which is were mons like Cress or Shocks usually sit.

It gets Stone Edge btw

+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Roaring Moon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Zapdos: 454-536 (118.2 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Its main issues rn are competition with Bax, Dnite, and Gambit, along with its 4MSS. It rarely has room for its main STAB move, A.K.A Crunch. It really wants Acro to hit Tusks, it wants Stone Edge for Zapdos + Molt, and EQ for Gambit. Usually its fine cause Tera Flying Acro + Edgequake hits everything, but it also means it needs to burn a Tera which is were mons like Cress or Shocks usually sit.
In my final brainstorming before Wcop Tiebreak, I built lots of Sun teams, none of which ended up being used by our players, since other ideas looked better. One of such Sun Teams had a LO, Adamant DD Tera Grass Blast, Crunch, SE Moon + a Rillaboom with Terrain Extender. Such set beats Tusk, Zapdos and Avalancheless Dondozo at once. It does lose to Gambit, but Sun with Tusk and Torkoal (and maybe even Lilligant) is one of the playstyles that has the least problems with Gambit. Of course, such a set needs immense support (both Torkoal and Rillaboom are mediocre Mons by themselves, while Moon isn't much better) .

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
Any metagame shifts in the last month? Just curious cuz I’m on vacation and I haven’t played in a while.
Tera electric garganacl
the german 6 (is in the samples)
BB Gren is actually decent
Zapdos is S tier (s standing for oh my fucking god please don't para im begging you aaaaa)
Scarf and spikes meow are back
moltres is actually good
Offensive ace is not a thing anymore, bulky ace is the new groove
people are now scared of Frosmoth and abomasnow
SD Samu-H is real (requires support but its good)
Sun has dropped hatterene for brutte bonnet and/or Liligant-H, sandy shocks, Choice scarf and SD cinderace are also sometimes seen in sun now

I must have forgotten something, so in whatever case just look at the world cup threads, the OLT ones and see what you can find

Tera electric garganacl
the german 6 (is in the samples)
BB Gren is actually decent
Zapdos is S tier (s standing for oh my fucking god please don't para im begging you aaaaa)
Scarf and spikes meow are back
moltres is actually good
Offensive ace is not a thing anymore, bulky ace is the new groove
people are now scared of Frosmoth and abomasnow
SD Samu-H is real (requires support but its good)
Sun has dropped hatterene for brutte bonnet and/or Liligant-H, sandy shocks, Choice scarf and SD cinderace are also sometimes seen in sun now

I must have forgotten something, so in whatever case just look at the world cup threads, the OLT ones and see what you can find
Wow, I only know about german 6, Zapdos, and moltres. The rest I literally never heard of. Also what’s up with snow, electric garg, brute bonnet, and sd samu.

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
Also what’s up with snow, electric garg, brute bonnet, and sd samu.
Right now abomasnow is the only instant snow user and can instantly put aurora veil, this helps mons like frosmoth with ice beam and tera blast ground to easily set up quiver dances, baxcalibur also loves it because it can survive some insane hits, 5 allies fainted +2 gambit has only a 6% roll to kill 4 def bax under hail and veil with iron head

brute bonnet has become more prominent in sun due to its good matchup against glowking and tusks with no fighting or ice moves, also has priority, sucker punch, stab crunch. spore and growth

sd samu is cool because lures corvi and tusk can no longer wall it, you can tera water or dark and has a lot of useful items, my personal favorite is lum berry, but mystic water, black glasses, muscle band, heavy-duty boots are all pretty viable

and as for tera electric garg...

Garg is not a real mon. Abomasnow makes sense after german bax x glowking was a thing. Sd hamu seems pretty good and bonnet matches up a bit better post-home than pre-home ig.

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
In my opinion, Zapdos is like a B tier mon at best without its Static cheese. It isn't bulky enough to really deal with the heavy hitters in the tier, and if it is fully invested in bulk, it gets out sped and beaten by things it's meant to check.
What makes Zapdos spectacular in this metagame is that its not only a strong defensive presence, checking Tusk, physical Valiant, Samu, and Zama, but also a strong offensive presence. Even with minimal SpA investment, Zapdos is trucking alot of switches, and the combo of Volt + Hurricane + T-Wave/Discharge lets it make progress that its typing and bulk allows it to do consistently. The best electric immune not named Tusk in the tier is Ting-Lu who without SE, can’t really touch Zapdos anyways, and even in that scenario, it can just run U-Turn anyways, which also helps pivot into its more volatile checks like Shocks or Clod. Static is just the icing on the cake.

Normal - A Potently Underrated Typing

NormalIC_Big.png

While waiting for the DLC to drop I thought I'd talk about a little something that I've been meaning to talk about for a while - the Normal type. Normal-type Pokemon had their arguable peak in the earlier generations due to the focus being on powerful unresisted attacks, damage percentages, and general type coverage being more important than STAB bonuses at the time (remember RBY Tauros carrying Blizzard everywhere? Moomoo Farm remembers). However, over time OU metagames as a whole began to shift away from Normal-type due to a lack of resistances defensively along with an inability to damage Pokemon offensively. Lately; this is no longer the case. In order to talk about Normal types; we need to talk about the circular triple set of Normal-Fighting-Ghost.

NormalIC_Big.png
FightingIC_Big.png
GhostIC_Big.png

Fighting and Ghost-type attacks are two of the most potent attacking types in the meta; however, both of these types interact with one other type - the Normal-type. Unlike Fighting-type however, the Normal-type is completely immune to Ghost-type attacks - meaning that the annoyance of Shadow Ball and Phantom Force spam is blanked by free switch-in opportunities. Having the ability to hit most types neutrally (with the exception of Ghost, Rock, and Steel-types) is incredibly useful, especially when combined with high power. Additionally; due to the constant need to up the ante for Normal-type users, many of them have wide and/or stupendously powerful coverage options. So today we're going to take a brief look at two Normal-type Pokemon along with qualities they bring to the table, and potent Normal-type moves (offensive, defensive, and utility).

Ursaluna + Guts-Boosted STAB Facade
250px-0901Ursaluna.png

Ursaluna is the literal definition of "I don't care about resists, I click Facade and things fly into the stratosphere." STAB Guts-Boosted Facade coming off of base 140 Attack with maximum investment and an Adamant nature melts almost anything (let alone after a Swords Dance boost). Part of why Facade works so well isn't just its multipliers (double power when status'd + 1.5x attack bonus from Guts + STAB bonus), it's because it hits almost everything neutrally. The Pokemon that resist or are immune to Facade get thwomped by STAB Headlong Rush or any of its phenomenal coverage options such as Close Combat, Crunch, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Gunk Shot, Ice Punch, Play Rough, Rock Slide, Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Thunder Punch, or, dare I say it, Trailblaze? To give you an idea of the sheer power of Ursaluna's Facade before we go to our next Pokemon, let's look at some quick damage calculations against some of the beefiest behemoths in the tier, including some resisted hits-

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Cresselia: 279-328 (62.8 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 261-307 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 237-279 (54.6 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kingambit: 169-199 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 176-207 (54.3 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Rotom-Wash: 274-324 (90.1 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 327-385 (63.6 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 226-267 (65.8 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 220-261 (72.3 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Zamazenta: 325-384 (83.7 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Maushold + Technician & Wide Lens-Boosted STAB Population Bomb
250px-0925Maushold.png

If there's one word that can describe most player's experience with Maushold, it's "infuriating." Population Bomb is a STAB Normal-type multi-hit move that can hit a maximum of ten times, exclusive to Maushold. Each of Population Bomb's hits on its own without any boosts does 20 damage per hit; with Technician, 30 per hit. Now factor in STAB bonus + a potential boost from Tidy Up (a move that clears hazards from the field and boosts Maushold's attack and speed by +1), and you've got yourself a mon that is not only fast (with a base speed stat of 111, higher than some speedy threats like Iron Moth, Walking Wake, and Enamorus) but innately powerful with the ability to completely blank Substitute users. Wide Lens boosts Population Bomb's frustrating 90% accuracy up to 99%, meaning you're almost never missing.

Since the DLC meta is right around the corner, I'm not going to go too in-depth here; but I wanted to post this little reminder that Normal-type should always be considered for its utility and ability to hit things neutrally as we jump into the meta shuffle that will inevitably boggle our minds in the next few weeks.​

View attachment 545741

While waiting for the DLC to drop I thought I'd talk about a little something that I've been meaning to talk about for a while - the Normal type. Normal-type Pokemon had their arguable peak in the earlier generations due to the focus being on powerful unresisted attacks, damage percentages, and general type coverage being more important than STAB bonuses at the time (remember RBY Tauros carrying Blizzard everywhere? Moomoo Farm remembers). However, over time OU metagames as a whole began to shift away from Normal-type due to a lack of resistances defensively along with an inability to damage Pokemon offensively. Lately; this is no longer the case. In order to talk about Normal types; we need to talk about the circular triple set of Normal-Fighting-Ghost.

Fighting and Ghost-type attacks are two of the most potent attacking types in the meta; however, both of these types interact with one other type - the Normal-type. Unlike Fighting-type however, the Normal-type is completely immune to Ghost-type attacks - meaning that the annoyance of Shadow Ball and Phantom Force spam is blanked by free switch-in opportunities. Having the ability to hit most types neutrally (with the exception of Ghost, Rock, and Steel-types) is incredibly useful, especially when combined with high power. Additionally; due to the constant need to up the ante for Normal-type users, many of them have wide and/or stupendously powerful coverage options. So today we're going to take a brief look at two Normal-type Pokemon along with qualities they bring to the table, and potent Normal-type moves (offensive, defensive, and utility).

View attachment 545780

Ursaluna is the literal definition of "I don't care about resists, I click Facade and things fly into the stratosphere." STAB Guts-Boosted Facade coming off of base 140 Attack with maximum investment and an Adamant nature melts almost anything (let alone after a Swords Dance boost). Part of why Facade works so well isn't just its multipliers (double power when status'd + 1.5x attack bonus from Guts + STAB bonus), it's because it hits almost everything neutrally. The Pokemon that resist or are immune to Facade get thwomped by STAB Headlong Rush or any of its phenomenal coverage options such as Close Combat, Crunch, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Gunk Shot, Ice Punch, Play Rough, Rock Slide, Seed Bomb, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Thunder Punch, or, dare I say it, Trailblaze? To give you an idea of the sheer power of Ursaluna's Facade before we go to our next Pokemon, let's look at some quick damage calculations against some of the beefiest behemoths in the tier, including some resisted hits-

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Cresselia: 279-328 (62.8 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 261-307 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 237-279 (54.6 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kingambit: 169-199 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 176-207 (54.3 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Rotom-Wash: 274-324 (90.1 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 327-385 (63.6 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 226-267 (65.8 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 220-261 (72.3 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Zamazenta: 325-384 (83.7 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

View attachment 545784

If there's one word that can describe most player's experience with Maushold, it's "infuriating." Population Bomb is a STAB Normal-type multi-hit move that can hit a maximum of ten times, exclusive to Maushold. Each of Population Bomb's hits on its own without any boosts does 20 damage per hit; with Technician, 30 per hit. Now factor in STAB bonus + a potential boost from Tidy Up (a move that clears hazards from the field and boosts Maushold's attack and speed by +1), and you've got yourself a mon that is not only fast (with a base speed stat of 111, higher than some speedy threats like Iron Moth, Walking Wake, and Enamorus) but innately powerful with the ability to completely blank Substitute users. Wide Lens boosts Population Bomb's frustrating 90% accuracy up to 99%, meaning you're almost never missing.

Since the DLC meta is right around the corner, I'm not going to go too in-depth here; but I wanted to post this little reminder that Normal-type should always be considered for its utility and ability to hit things neutrally as we jump into the meta shuffle that will inevitably boggle our minds in the next few weeks.​
:gholdengo: + :dragapult:

nah all jokes aside, ursaluna and maus have actually good spots on teams like maus on psy terrain and ursa on trick room and bo. shadow ball switchin is so valuable rn

Petition to Morkal (or anyone for that matter) to find a niche for my boy Wigglytuff

So this isn't a one liner, I've heard snow has had a resurgence. How come? What Mon are people using well with it, aside from Abomasnow?
I haven't used Frosmoth but it seems fun and it did get used successfully in WCOP. Chilly Reception Glowking + Sub/DD Ice Body Bax combo is demonic if given the right opportunities. (While it won't happen during the current meta, I wouldn't be opposed to a Bax suspect assuming DLC doesn't add a million counters to it)

Petition to Morkal (or anyone for that matter) to find a niche for my boy Wigglytuff
wigglytuff is unironically one of the best pult answers available by merit of being immune to both its stabs, not being weak to any of its common coverage, and taking virtually nothing from u-turn. pult sets that only run stab quite literally cannot touch it. fully invested modest dazzling gleam has a chance to ohko uninvested pult, and full hp investment lets it eat a hit from even banded/specs pult's strongest coverage if it's healthy. you have to be wary of switching in before you know what pult's running, or if it's choiced, but if you scout properly (using frisk wigglytuff helps a lot with this) and bait choiced sets into a stab move, tuff comes in for free and that's a free 140 hp wish that you can pass to, oh i dunno, ting-lu or dondozo or some other fatmon that really appreciates having recovery

i guess it can also switch into glaive rush and then pray really hard that icicle crash misses (or that the bax is banded, which frisk can tell you)? honestly, this might be one of the only scenarios where an rng item is actually worth running over more consistent alternatives, but then you run the risk of stopping the wrong person's bax sweep and suddenly whoops your item is banned

this is basically all i could think of, wigglytuff really needs help

Last edited:
wigglytuff is unironically one of the best pult answers available by merit of being immune to both its stabs, not being weak to any of its common coverage, and taking virtually nothing from u-turn. pult sets that only run stab quite literally cannot touch it. fully invested modest dazzling gleam has a chance to ohko uninvested pult, and full hp investment lets it eat a hit from even banded/specs pult's strongest coverage if it's healthy. you have to be wary of switching in before you know what pult's running, or if it's choiced, but if you scout properly (using frisk wigglytuff helps a lot with this) and bait choiced sets into a stab move, tuff comes in for free and that's a free 140 hp wish that you can pass to, oh i dunno, ting-lu or dondozo or some other fatmon that really appreciates having recovery

i guess it can also switch into glaive rush and then pray really hard that icicle crash misses (or that the bax is banded, which frisk can tell you)? honestly, this might be one of the only scenarios where an rng item is actually worth running over more consistent alternatives, but then you run the risk of stopping the wrong person's bax sweep and suddenly whoops your item is banned

this is basically all i could think of, wigglytuff really needs help
I went to look at Wigglytuff's movepool and stats to theory some fun stuff.

That is a glacial speed stat. Slower than Kingambit and Ursaluna. Unironic Quick Claw user. Which is a shame, because it does have quite a few interesting options in its movepool. Fairy, Ice, Electric moves; Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave; Wish and Protect.

Maybe there are Trick Room team applications?

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta

View attachment 545741

View attachment 545780

View attachment 545784

Moreso hopping off the Normal Craze, Dudunsparce actually seems like a legitimate, if rather niche, answer to Kingambit.
Killer Queen (Dudunsparce) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Coil
- Roost
- Hyper Drill
I know its utterly unoptimized, but using just EQ and HD, there really isnt any Gambit tera it wont hit neutrally iirc, and the tera allows it to resist those deadly sucker punches and kowtow cleaves. What really makes it shine are Coil and Roost, moves that deny the 50/50 from sucker punch while making you harder to sweep. EQ on the drop and HD on the Tera, and I doubt you'll immediately lose. That 125 HP and about 90-100 Def are more solid than you think, especially at +1 after the first sucker punch whiff.

That is a glacial speed stat. Slower than Kingambit and Ursaluna. Unironic Quick Claw user. Which is a shame, because it does have quite a few interesting options in its movepool. Fairy, Ice, Electric moves; Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave; Wish and Protect.

i think the randbats set runs dual screens but it's outclassed as a fairy-type screens setter by… well, basically every other fairy-type with access to a screen, including morgrem, so i would say we stick to "wishpasser that fucks up dragapult" and leave just about everything else to scream tail
Moreso hopping off the Normal Craze, Dudunsparce actually seems like a legitimate, if rather niche, answer to Kingambit.
Killer Queen (Dudunsparce) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Coil
- Roost
- Hyper Drill
I know its utterly unoptimized, but using just EQ and HD, there really isnt any Gambit tera it wont hit neutrally iirc, and the tera allows it to resist those deadly sucker punches and kowtow cleaves. What really makes it shine are Coil and Roost, moves that deny the 50/50 from sucker punch while making you harder to sweep. EQ on the drop and HD on the Tera, and I doubt you'll immediately lose. That 125 HP and about 90-100 Def are more solid than you think, especially at +1 after the first sucker punch whiff.
wait a fuckening minute
rattled
serene grace doesn't do anything on this set but getting +1 speed every time kingambit hits you is fucking insane for it

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
i think the randbats set runs dual screens but it's outclassed as a fairy-type screens setter by… well, basically every other fairy-type with access to a screen, including morgrem, so i would say we stick to "wishpasser that fucks up dragapult" and leave just about everything else to scream tail

wait a fuckening minute
rattled
serene grace doesn't do anything on this set but getting +1 speed every time kingambit hits you is fucking insane for it
Damn never thought a shitter ability would get its comeuppance, on a joke of an evolution no less. Only problem with the mon as a whole is that god youre sacrificing a team slot for a niche pick, that does well against one of the best mons in the tier. That 100 Atk better pull its weight lol.

If wiggly got +20 to all it’s stats it might be viable.

Damn never thought a shitter ability would get its comeuppance, on a joke of an evolution no less. Only problem with the mon as a whole is that god youre sacrificing a team slot for a niche pick, that does well against one of the best mons in the tier. That 100 Atk better pull its weight lol.
i mean, if you get a coil or two up you start dishing out fantastic damage while also becoming really hard to kill from the physical side. add a speed boost to that and suddenly you have an actual monster
If wiggly got +20 to all it’s stats it might be viable.
yeah, literally all it has going for it is "only fully evolved mon that's immune to both ghost and dragon", which is admittedly a really good thing to have because you do get to wall one specific bastard that happens to be everywhere (and it's a hard mon to safely scout so you actually get to make use of frisk), but it's absolutely not something that an entire pokemon can stand on alone

Last edited:
Here you go, my personal favorite Wigglytuff OU variant

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 40 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Shadow Ball
- Draining Kiss
- Tera Blast​

Hard stops Dragapult thanks to being immune to both of its STABS + Feasts on non-bulky dragons. Tera Blast is STAB both pre-tera and post-tera as well. Intimidate Bait with Competitive to boost up its SpA. Tera Blast Fighting for perfect coverage + Kingambit lure that OHKOs even Bulky sets, 40 SpA with Modest nature is all that's needed to KO standard bulky Kingambit.

40+ SpA Tera Fighting Wigglytuff Tera Blast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 400-472 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

64 Spe brings Wigglytuff to 142, outpacing Kingambit with 20 EVs in Speed, Defense EVs allow Wigglytuff to survive Iron Head

252+ Atk Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Tera Fighting Wigglytuff: 211-250 (43.5 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Tera Fighting Wigglytuff: 318-375 (65.7 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Been tooling around with Wiggly in OU for a while, dual Ghost + Dragon immunity is really cool, also Wish is great on Wiggly thanks to 484 HP with 252 HP EVs, along with helping its own longevity combined with STAB Draining Kiss
For those asking about Wigglytuff, I posted this set a while back - hard stops Dragapult, can lure and kill Kingambit, along with Draining Kiss + huge HP Wish passing

To avoid this being a one-liner - before we jump into the DLC, are there any Pokecores you've all been running that you've found effective on your team builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)