Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on using loaded dice on Gren over life orb? You do lose a lot of power, but you have a base 75 priority move and you don’t lose health every turn.
Surf is literally better in pretty much every other scenario. The only times Shuriken is ""better"" is if you NEED a priority move, or know a Pokemon is going to be Sashed and you want to try and nuke it anyway.
Not really worth the slot, IMO. And this is coming from someone who ironically enjoys Loaded Dice MoxieCross.

Surf is literally better in pretty much every other scenario. The only times Shuriken is ""better"" is if you NEED a priority move, or know a Pokemon is going to be Sashed and you want to try and nuke it anyway.
Not really worth the slot, IMO. And this is coming from someone who ironically enjoys Loaded Dice MoxieCross.
Fair enough. Out of curiosity, why does Gren run Dark Pulse over ice beam? It already has stab hydro pump and the ice coverage is significantly better

Any thoughts on using loaded dice on Gren over life orb? You do lose a lot of power, but you have a base 75 priority move and you don’t lose health every turn.
gren is fast enough that it prefers power over priority. the only relevant things that naturally outspeed it are:
  • dragapult, which resists water shuriken
  • meowscarada, which resists water shuriken and ohkos back with flower trick
  • zamazenta, which tanks water shuriken
  • talonflame, which only stays in against gren if it's banded gale wings brave bird and can out-priority and ohko you anyway
there are plenty of boosted mons that outspeed gren and are weak to water shuriken—scarf lando, rapid spin tusk/treads, booster energy moth, weak armor ceruledge, etc.—but loaded dice doesn't score the ohko on any of them, and the few that will actually stay in are powerful enough to ohko back.

Did I mention about the Protean and Tera interaction?
That causes to get STAB from the Type of the Tera that it changed to

Normal Calc (Max SpA)
252+ SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dondozo: 447-530 (88.6 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Grass Greninja Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dondozo: 447-530 (88.6 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Tera Grass Calc (After changing to Grass type by Protean)

252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Grass Greninja Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dondozo: 598-707 (118.6 - 140.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

BijouMode

the forever story
is a Tiering Contributor
Gen 5 OU is terrible so idk if I agree with that one
I find it hard to definitively say Gen 5 is a bad tier (mostly because BW are two of my favourite games), but, to bring it back to SV OU, I personally feel like the meta is going in the right direction when it comes to balancing it, the only mon that I think is banworthy left in the tier (apart from Gambit), is Baxcalibur (The ghosts: Drag and Ghold and the fairies: Enam and IVal are definitely top-tier right now but I don't think they are banworthy).

With it confirmed that the DLC releases the 13th like we assumed it’s fair to say king gambit would is the last suspect test of home-dlc era, unless we decide to blitz through a Tera retest.

Wonder what evo BST would be. Unless its like scizor. My guess is like 560
Kingambit went up to 550 over 490, for the category of "Pokemon where an Evo wasn't too necessary" in terms of statline. I could see 550-560 since that's also where stuff like Volcarona sit. Evolution might be more of a Scizor type where it's reallocating stats rather than adding a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)