Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

Tbf gengar had levitate then. It's still a solid type though.
Yeah. It was great in general for Gengar because it allowed Gengar to beat Blissey in a 1v1 if Blissey was using Toxic and Seismic Toss. Pechurant would obviously be better with Levitate too, making it a great answer to Great Tusk, but it’s pretty servicable.

Okay but what is it doing, what is its niche. Even if I wanted something like a Toxic using pivot I'd have Slowking-Galar which works way better as a Poison-Type pivot, and it has Regenerator, and better coverage. Chilly Reception + things like Kyurem also still works.
It’s going to Parting Shot, spin block, spread status, and fire off pretty respectable Hex.
Also a bit meme-ish but Choice Band sets with Gunk Shot, Poltergeist, Foul Play/Tera Blast, and Parting Shot would be fun too.

Okay but what is it doing, what is its niche. One thing I want y'all to think about is that it's up to the Pokemon to provide a solution to a problem, rather than us solve a problem for it to solve. Basically no one has brought up a compelling argument for why Pecharunt fulfills its own job, solves a problem a team can have better than other Pokemon besides "1 billion defense is a lotta defense".

Even if I wanted something like a Toxic using pivot I'd have Slowking-Galar which works way better as a Poison-Type pivot, and it has Regenerator, and better coverage. Chilly Reception + things like Kyurem also still works.

I'd call it a bad defensive type. Especially with those stats, it's a complete mismatch; it's min-maxxing. You get your base stats dumped into the side of mostly Physical Attackers, which still 2HKO you. I see your calcs of "oh it's so bulky, it gets 2HKO'd by Great Tusk Headlong Rush". Okay, so it still gets 2HKO'd by Headlong Rush. And still gets massively chunked by Earthquake, or Knock Off.

Tell me what is Pecharunt's move against Kingambit?

It's not a sidegrade, it's a downgrade.

Toxapex is also not that good. Not because it can't use Parting Shot, but because it makes no progress; but what does keep Toxapex at least somewhat relevant, is that Haze lets it deny enemy progress. And in a tier full of Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Quiver Dance, etc. you will want a pivot that can come in, take the hit, reset the scenario and defuse the bomb. Parting Shot going 1 stat lower is not gonna cut it, and Toxapex and Slowking-Galar already both have Toxic.

And both also already learn 50% recovery moves.

So, not that relevant defensive uses.

Also, for those saying "just Parting Shot on the Kingambit"...

Even if this mon breaks IMO the low odds as is, and is spammed everywhere, people can counter team it with one single change. View attachment 591055

If Gambit is forced to run Defiant just for this thing, it would be a very significant OU mon, since Gambit's identity is tied to Supreme Overlord

I know calling mons trash sounds harsh, but this is a competitive forum, and most people calling it bad are strictly speaking from competitive sense. Also, Pecharunt is mythical with 600bst, so it has more pressure to be good than random mons
yeah its not really that much of a biggie, but hate when a new game is released and immediately people are like “your favorites are trash” and not just like lower tier. All the designs I tend to like are for worse mons.

not really anything major but I’m running off two hours of poor sleep so can’t keep thoughts straight

How long until people start getting annoyed by Pecharunt?
Like surviving +1 Tera Ground Earthquake from Gouging Fire, then Malignant Chain causes Poison and Confusion.
btw
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Tera Ground Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 330-390 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Pecharunt Malignant Chain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ground Gouging Fire: 51-61 (14.5 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Confusion vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Ground Gouging Fire: 73-86 (20.7 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0 SpA Pecharunt Hex (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ground Gouging Fire: 135-159 (38.4 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after toxic damage
Tera Ground Gouging Fire should take between 73.6% - 87% damage directly and then 18.75% from 2 turns of Toxic. So there is a chance Pecharunt simply wins through luck and without Tera.

Including chance to not be KO’d by Earthquake, anyone know how likely Gouging Fire will be KO’d itself?

Pecharunt @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Puppeteer
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Hex
- Recover
- Tera Blast
Cooked up a quick set that I think could be good. The usual being stuffed by gambit is no longer a problem, as while you do have to spend tera, the main mons that resist hex/poison are now destroyed by tera blast fighting. I don't think pecharunt will be OU material, but on stall teams, it could have a niche spot over dondozo if you have another unaware mon and need to block rapid spin/fighting moves.

How long until people start getting annoyed by Pecharunt?
Like surviving +1 Tera Ground Earthquake from Gouging Fire, then Malignant Chain causes Poison and Confusion.
btw
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Tera Ground Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 330-390 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Pecharunt Malignant Chain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ground Gouging Fire: 51-61 (14.5 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Confusion vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Ground Gouging Fire: 73-86 (20.7 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0 SpA Pecharunt Hex (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ground Gouging Fire: 135-159 (38.4 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after toxic damage
Tera Ground Gouging Fire should take between 73.6% - 87% damage directly and then 18.75% from 2 turns of Toxic. So there is a chance Pecharunt simply wins through luck and without Tera.

Including chance to not be KO’d by Earthquake, anyone know how likely Gouging Fire will be KO’d itself?
Pecharunt's entire kit is designed to be as annoying as possible. I think it will definitely get on the nerves of many competitive players. One thing I think we need to give more consideration to is just how lowkey broken Parting Shot can be on offensive teams. Between Poison Puppeteer and Parting Shot, Pecharunt has the ability to create a ton of set-up opportunities for its teammates to capitalize on, so pairing this thing with strong breakers and sweepers like Valiant, Gouging Fire, Volcarona, etc. has the potential to be very frustrating to deal with.

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
If Gambit is forced to run Defiant just for this thing, it would be a very significant OU mon, since Gambit's identity is tied to Supreme Overlord
I dunno man. It's fucking gambit, and can just SD on the Parting for a free +1, since what else is the twat gonna do against gambit? Recover stall?

Not likely. This would be contingent on Gambit being in some way threatened by Pecharunt and needing to do something to force it out. Every move it learns bounces off of it, it can't be Poisoned, and Pecharunt is weak to Dark. Kingambit can just SD in the face of it and get a net +1 Attack.

Last edited:
Pecharunt's entire kit is designed to be as annoying as possible. I think it will definitely get on the nerves of many competitive players. One thing I think we need to give more consideration to is just how lowkey broken Parting Shot can be on offensive teams. Between Poison Puppeteer and Parting Shot, Pecharunt has the ability to create a ton of set-up opportunities for its teammates to capitalize on, so pairing this thing with strong breakers and sweepers like Valiant, Gouging Fire, Volcarona, etc. has the potential to be very frustrating to deal with.
Exactly. A nice thing is that Pecharunt is a parting shot user that can do damage to Gholdengo who otherwise blocks it. At 245 SpA (real stat) it 2HKOs offensive Gholdengo with Hex.
132 SpA Pecharunt Hex (65 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 158-188 (50.1 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
So its main role of pivoting around with Parting Shot is done well for the most part.

The thing is, I don’t think it even needs to Tera.

252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 204-242 (53.6 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 108-128 (28.4 - 33.6%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pecharunt: 144-170 (37.8 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

(no physical def investment)

252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Pecharunt: 260-308 (68.4 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Pecharunt: 138-164 (36.3 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Sharpness Samurott-Hisui Ceaseless Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Pecharunt: 186-222 (48.9 - 58.4%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO

You also do a solid chunk of dmg to Gliscor via Hex.

0 SpA Pecharunt Hex (130 BP) vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 157-186 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

This thing has better physical bulk than Toxapex coupled with the ability to function as a pivot. Let’s also not underestimate how good base 88 speed is in the tier for a defensive poke. Right off the bat, you outspeed Tusk, Ghold, Glimm, Rilla, Hamu, and Rbolt. Since you are physical Blissey, you’re free to run speed evs and outspeed those threats without losing out massively of your physical bulk.

I don’t think it will be a top threat, but it shows promise.
Sure, on paper it looks promising, but in reality it's is too flawed, and I have two reasons for this. It can take hits, but it doesn't really hit back, like for example ursaluna, meaning that it doesn't do much to threaten back the opponent and specially steels types. Secondly, it lacks regenerator, meaning, that unlike toxapex and specially, galarian slowking, it can't really play around to overwhelm the opponent, and it's sad, because it would be a solid spin blocker, even against tusk. Futhermore, most physical attacker can hurt it and don't mind much what pecharent can do in return, and specially king tier kingambit. It is probably the sturdiest answer to valiant, but gholdengo is really solid at this role and also, strong competition alongside the poison types. This is a Mon for the lower tiers with some niche in OU but no much outside that

You may think pecharunts bulk means its simply built different, but its movepool is just stabs, hex, toxic ,reliable recovery and a pivoting move, anything else isn’t very good, sadly solid typing and stats can easily be ignored by a boring movepool, and i expect to drop by march since its getting so usage but its ability is unique and it can be a actually viable bulky pivot but its utility is simply limited

Pecharunt facing carkol in the depths of SU
IMG_2410.jpeg

Why are we talking about Pecharunt when it isnt even out yet?
Because it's out

Also I would like to see how the opinions on Pecharunt shift (if at all) during the month as I feel Day 1 impressions have shown to not always be accurate. I feel like he's overall a UU mon and is very much so built to be an annoying mon with Parting Shot + Recover and then using toxic to badly poison and confuse. Hex and his signature move is also pretty neat. I do think it is being both over and underplayed here though. But time will tell if that feeling is justified.

Last edited:
I think people are underestimating that signature move. 100/100 with 50% toxic + confuse is huge. Sure its garbage on stall but who cares about that. Pecharunt looks excellent on balance teams to me, definitely going to try it out today.

I'm not sure I like the idea of hex. You really want that move slot to coverage things immune to poison wheras hex doubles down on it. I'm personally leaning foul play, but shadow ball is probably better than hex.

Why are we talking about Pecharunt when it isnt even out yet?
Its been playable for hours, dont know what you smoking. Are we on the same builder? Ive been testing it and its very good, but it obviously has some weaknesses (Kingambit in special)

Sharing some Peachy sets:

Standard Wall pivot, spreads status, spin block, deals with stuff and help team mates get in. Foul Play is a nice option against aggresive swepper that might try to kill our Peachy boy.
Pecharunt @ Leftovers / Air Balloon / HDB
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Malignant Chain / Toxic
- Hex / Foul Play / Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Parting Shot

Offensive Peachy, is faster than tusks and all the implications that come from it, poison + ghost is great coverage and it still has a lot of bulk. Great for spreading status while destroying slower teams. + Peacharunt is scary.
This set pairs really well with webs and can easily clean the enemy team.
Pecharunt @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Malignant Chain
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Parting Shot / Tera Blast Fighting

Last edited:
Quick list of stuff that Pecharunt checks and counters in OU:

Counters:
Cinderace
Clefable
Dondozo
Some Gouging fire variants
Hatterene
DD Kyurem
Meowscarada
Rillaboom
Weavile
Zamazenta
Serperior

Checks:
Dragonite
Enamorous
Gliscor (Nasty Plot sets)
Gouging Fire
Iron Boulder
Iron Valiant
Roaring Moon (Hates toxic + confusion)
Samurott-H
Skeledirge (Hates toxic)
Ting Lu (Hates toxic)
Volcarona (Hates toxic)

Im likely missing stuff, but this guy is OU material boyz.

Last edited:
Another thing I think people will overlook is that Pecharunt has Nasty Plot. In combination with Malignant Chain, Pecharunt is a Nasty Ploter that can break past Ting-Lu with Toxic and Confusion. Naturally outspeeding Great Tusk while being a Ghost type is a huge boon for it too. You prevent it from getting a speed boost and can tank hits especially with Tera Ghost, making even Headlong Rushes bounce off.
252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Pecharunt: 132-156 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Tera Ghost Pecharunt Hex (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 362-426 (97.5 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO