Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Does anyone know which of these two pages is more reliable to see usage?

http://pucko.info/pokeStats?format=gen9ou&time=week

https://www.pikalytics.com/

I am seeing the usage in both and they're quite different like Pikalytics shows me Greninja with 6-7% while Pucko at almost 13%.
It would appear that they're both getting usage data from different locations, that also display different kinds of usage.

Pikalytics uses the the official smogon stats from the month of january at the highest level of play (1825 elo).

The pucko website (which I'm personally unfamilar with) seems to be pulling current Pokemon Showdown usage rates, the 13% greninja stat is pulled from the "daily" tab, which would mean specifically for today.

In general I'd suggest relying on the official smogon data, which Pikalytics also uses, I'm unsure of what pucko uses to gather its stats with but I'd say it might not be as reliable as the official one. However it does seem like it could be useful for recent meta trends in comparison to what was used the month prior.

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
This is the single most women repeller image I have seen this year, I got badly poisoned + rocky helmet damage from just seeing this post
this is also bad, really bad

Anyways, I wanna ask some questions for the people here who are in their room trying to do something to ignore the loneliness (like me)

1) Is there a new trend you have been seeing? Why do you think this could be?

2) Since pao got banned, who is taking the trophy for number 1 wallbreaker

3) since espatra got banned, who is taking the trophy for number 1 sweeper

4) Do you still keep an eye on Garganacl as a potential ban worthy treat? If the answer is yes, what have you been doing to keep it at bay? And if this is not the case, are you aware that I'm inside your walls right now?

More variety on tera types, which is a direct reflect or the bans since now it isn't "I need to put this type to no be sweep by Espartha/Pao"

Specs Pelipper and Band Baxcalibur, nothing besides water absorb mons like to switch in into specs surf/hydro hurracaine combo so even if it not that fast, it forces a sac or trade a lot of damage everytime it gets safely againts a defensive mon. Bax really is enjoying the lack of fairies on the thier and the less use of tera fairy, same as Peli, kinda slow but almost nothing like to switch directly into Bax's attacks. It also has the adventage of having an amazing match up against Rotom and most Volcarona sets.

3) since espatra got banned, who is taking the trophy for number 1 sweeper
Valiant.

I've been using this Meowscarada set for a couple weeks and I really enjoy it.

Meowscarada (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Flower Trick and Knock-Off both hit really hard, and Flower Trick in particular is great for dealing with Curse Garg/Dondozo. Tera Dark Knock-Off doesn't get the same 2hko's as Tera Dark Crunch, but it has the utility of removing items and therefore punishing switch-ins a little more than Crunch. And after a layer of hazards or two, the loss of damage (as opposed to Chien-Pao's Crunch) becomes less of an issue. Play Rough is there for coverage, and Sucker Punch is nice for Swift Swim/Chlorophyll sweepers and Dragapult. I don't use U-Turn because I find that to be a better option on a pivot set whereas this set is meant to play as more of a breaker.

Another one I've seen a lot that is pretty effective is Tera Flying Roaring Moon, although that's probably more of a sweeper than a breaker. I don't use it myself so I don't have the set but I'm sure somebody else can share it.

viivian

OU's sweetheart
is a Tiering Contributor
was going to give my valentine a card but couldn't find one she would've liked. but this is the perfect card to give to her! thank you big stall™, i cannot thank you enough for giving me this
just got rejected y'all i don't think i can handle OU right now :( i'm in a bad spot mentally and the stress of having to pivot into and beat great tusk and kingambit doesn't my situation help at all, i think i'll drop to UU until i get over this heartbreak

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
counter rizztio + you got tricked a choice scarf

and Band Baxcalibur,
I can give this a fair try, any specific move set i should run? And some specific teammates or just free-range? I have only seen stuff like Weakness Policy/Lum Berry DD Bax on hail/offensive teams, which is basically what Quaquaval wants to be, a sweeper that needs some turns but once it takes off, its over

I honestly think valiant is a better wallbreaker thanks to specs/band/Ebelt, I'm sorry, but I'm still not sold in Booster Energy Valiant, at this point, I think its just a me thing, kids call it skill issue these days

This is the single most women repeller image I have seen this year, I got badly poisoned + rocky helmet damage from just seeing this post

this is also bad, really bad

Anyways, I wanna ask some questions for the people here who are in their room trying to do something to ignore the loneliness (like me)

1 )The rise of Valiant to power . Also peli and bax are seeing a rise in usage imo .
2 )This also answers no 2. I feel like all the Valiant sets are pretty good specially my personal favs : specs and the late game booster energy
3 )I came across DD Sub Bax once . NP Defensive ghol is there
I'm sorry, but I'm still not sold in Booster Energy Valiant,
Booster Energy Valiant feels more like a strong cleaner rather than a setup sweeper

4) Do you still keep an eye on Garganacl as a potential ban worthy treat? If the answer is yes, what have you been doing to keep it at bay? And if this is not the case, are you aware that I'm inside your walls right now?
I don't feel like Garg is a ban worthy threat , and well - I have Unaware as an ability , also is it not suffocating to live inside a wall ?

I can give this a fair try, any specific move set i should run? And some specific teammates or just free-range? I have only seen stuff like Weakness Policy/Lum Berry DD Bax on hail/offensive teams, which is basically what Quaquaval wants to be, a sweeper that needs some turns but once it takes off, its over
I run GR, Ice shard, Icicle Crash and EQ. I really never click EQ I could take a look and see of there isn't better options, however those three already do the job. I don't like DD bax since at +1 it 2HKOs everything, however you only get 1 free turn forcing a switch so most of the time the opponent has time to react and stop Bax, while the raw power of band makes it harder to check it defensively.
About Valiant, I hate not being able to switch moves with its amazing coverage and speed because it forces me to switch more than it should, making it easier to revenge with priority thanks to hazards damage. Valiant really just needs some damage in certain mons to sweep, so Bax is an ideal team mate for it since it either forces a lot of walls to stay low on health or just KOs them.

The fact that Pelipper is seeign a rise of usage in OU means that Rain might be something that will scramble the meta for a while, and Floatzel might have it's role to play in it, because CB Tera Water Wave Crash can hit incredibly hard

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
The fact that Pelipper is seeign a rise of usage in OU means that Rain might be something that will scramble the meta for a while, and Floatzel might have it's role to play in it, because CB Tera Water Wave Crash can hit incredibly hard
Rain has been pretty prominent even in Gen 8, it's very viable in OU. In Gen 9, it's pretty much the same story, good abusers and Pelipper is a solid rain setter with it's bulkier sets or even Choice Specs. The only reason it's been delayed is because Sun teams were really common the first month or two of the release of SV because of all the Protosynthesis abusers (like Flutter, Tusk) and dont forget Chi-Yus insane power under the sun.

Is it specs pelipper doing work or damp rock pelipper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)