Resource SV OU Speed Tiers

The 289 Kyurem should say neutral not positive. Also I would strongly suggest cleaning this up a bit. There are so many irrelevant Benchmarks in there which just water down the chart and make it harder to check for relevant benchmarks. In particular there are a ton of +1 mons with neutral nature which no one runs such as Rotom-W, Meow, or Walking Wake. How would you even get +1 speed on WW with a neutral nature? Sneasler should probably also be removed seeing how its not OU anymore.

I do appreciate the voluntary work though so I hope this doesnt read as to demanding. Just some suggestions to make this chart more useful

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
There are also outdated/non-minisprite sprites for the following pokemon/speed tiers

478 - +1 Neutral Ogerpon*

342 - Positive Munkidori

326 - Positive Fezandipiti

262 - Positive Sinistcha

176 - Neutral no Speed Sinistcha

83 - Negative Min Speed Hydrapple

I just want to mention that Deoxys Speed with 0 EVs but a positive nature hits a speed of 435. Or 436 with 1 EV. This is important because Timid or Jolly Dragapult only hits 421. This means you don't need any EV investment for Deoxys Speed to out speed the entire unboosted OU tier. The only thing you have to worry about are scarf and certain boosted mons.

It is also more efficient to have the + nature in the highest stat.

Is there a way to include booster speed roaring moon at +1 somewhere? It reaches a speed stat of 832 or 833.
Calcs: 370 x 1.5 = 555 from booster. Then +1 from dd is 555 x 1.5 = 832.5.
Just thought it could potentially be included because I have used it quite often to outspeed barra in rain, though I do acknowledge if it isn't common enough to include.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Is there a way to include booster speed roaring moon at +1 somewhere? It reaches a speed stat of 832 or 833.
Calcs: 370 x 1.5 = 555 from booster. Then +1 from dd is 555 x 1.5 = 832.5.
Just thought it could potentially be included because I have used it quite often to outspeed barra in rain, though I do acknowledge if it isn't common enough to include.
Piggybacking off of this, this is a shortcoming of the current display, since it ignores pokemon that often both use Booster Energy to boost Speed as well as use methods of speed boosting. This creates what is essentially a 2.25x boost to speed instead of 2x speed. I'm not quite sure how we would display this, but maybe something along the lines of under the Boosts column: " 1 + :booster_energy:"

I'd say these are the only ones that really deserve to be included though:

Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :roaring_moon: at +1: 832 speed
Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :iron_treads: at +1: 769 speed
Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :gouging_fire: at +1: 694 speed
Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :great_tusk: at +1: 675 speed

Could even potentially include them at +2? I'd say it's more common for Gouging Fire and Great Tusk thanks to their bulk though:

Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :gouging_fire: at +2: 927 speed

Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :great_tusk: at +2: 900 speed

Last edited:
Piggybacking off of this, this is a shortcoming of the current display, since it ignores pokemon that often both use Booster Energy to boost Speed as well as use methods of speed boosting. This creates what is essentially a 2.25x boost to speed instead of 2x speed. I'm not quite sure how we would display this, but maybe something along the lines of under the Boosts column: " 1 + :booster_energy:"

I'd say these are the only ones that really deserve to be included though:

Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :roaring_moon: at +1: 832 speed
Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :iron_treads: at +1: 769 speed
Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :gouging_fire: at +1: 694 speed
Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :great_tusk: at +1: 675 speed

Could even potentially include them at +2? I'd say it's more common for Gouging Fire and Great Tusk thanks to their bulk though:

Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :gouging_fire: at +2: 927 speed

Positive Nature 252 EV's :booster_energy: :great_tusk: at +2: 900 speed
That would make sense actually, I'd be glad to see that. Good idea.

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Sneasler and Archaludon are in the post despite being banned.

Polteageist is missing +4 but has +3, when Shell Smash and Weak Armor both give +2

Unviable Mons:
Floatzel, Golduck, Cloyster, Torterra, Revavroom, Blastoise, Feraligatr, Armarouge, Cetitan, Munkidori, Pawmot, GZap, Shaymin, Hydreigon, Magnezone, Fezandipiti, Lokix, Flamigo, Kleavor, Overqwil, Regidrago, Morpeko :blobsad:, Hoopa Confined, Sylveon, Metagross, Tauros forms, Crawduant, Galvantula, Vikavolt, Brute Bonnet, Breloom, Glastrier, Swampert, Abomasnow, Araquanid, Alolan Golem, Conkelldur and Ditto are all UR and should be removed imo.

Sneasler and Archaludon are in the post despite being banned.

Polteageist is missing +4 but has +3, when Shell Smash and Weak Armor both give +2

Unviable Mons:
Floatzel, Golduck, Cloyster, Torterra, Revavroom, Blastoise, Feraligatr, Armarouge, Cetitan, Munkidori, Pawmot, GZap, Shaymin, Hydreigon, Magnezone, Fezandipiti, Lokix, Flamigo, Kleavor, Overqwil, Regidrago, Morpeko :blobsad:, Hoopa Confined, Sylveon, Metagross, Tauros forms, Crawduant, Galvantula, Vikavolt, Brute Bonnet, Breloom, Glastrier, Swampert, Abomasnow, Araquanid, Alolan Golem, Conkelldur and Ditto are all UR and should be removed imo.
I would say keep Floatzel (still a swift swimmer that sometimes is used over Barra), Cetitan (Is seen a decent amount on snow teams) and Overqwil (Check the Viability rankings on reasoning, but tldr is now more viable after arch ban). Despite them being unranked, they do have genuine niches in the tier.
I do agree with the rest of the post (It saddens me to take Magnezone off the list, my precious magnet is not good :psycry:).

Unviable Mons:
I think Floatzel, Gapdos, Crawdaunt, and Araquanid all have enough niche to stay. Floatzel is an alternative swift swimmer, Zapdos-G is actually an underrated threat rn with excellent offensive typing that conveniently makes it take minimum hazard damage, Crawdaunt is still a terrifying stallbreaker, and Araquanid is a solid webs setter, being bulky enough to run Mental Herb over Sash so it isn't trolled by deo-s leads.

Definitely all the others can go though, I don't think Cetitan has seen any usage since like the first week of SV.

Uh, so I searched for it and primarina is nowhere on the tables. Idk if this was a mistake or I just missed it, but it isn't there when I looked.

wait how does polt get to +3?
shell smash gives +2, weak armor gives +2
unless we're considering sticky web + shell smash + weak armor, but is that rly relevant in ou?
Boosts in the table don't indicate the number of boosts, but rather the speed multiplier. 3 would indicate 4 individual speed boosts, or in this case a Shell Smash + Weak Armor boost.

On that note, I believe the speed tier given for torterra is incorrect. 4 Boosts would indicate a 6x multiplier, putting it at 928 speed if its a positive nature, and not 696 as given in the table.

Boosts in the table don't indicate the number of boosts, but rather the speed multiplier. 3 would indicate 4 individual speed boosts, or in this case a Shell Smash + Weak Armor boost.

On that note, I believe the speed tier given for torterra is incorrect. 4 Boosts would indicate a 6x multiplier, putting it at 928 speed if its a positive nature, and not 696 as given in the table.
It's at +4, which is in the table, that gives a speed stat of 696. This is because it is a multiplier of 3 to the normal speed, which is 232
232x3 = 696.
If its at +6, then it has a speed stat of 928. The game does 1.5x, 2.0x, 2.5x, 3.0x, 3.5x and 4.0x.

It's at +4, which is in the table, that gives a speed stat of 696. This is because it is a multiplier of 3 to the normal speed, which is 232
232x3 = 696.
If its at +6, then it has a speed stat of 928. The game does 1.5x, 2.0x, 2.5x, 3.0x, 3.5x and 4.0x.
The discrepancy I was highlighting is as follows -
1712236588983.png

Polteageist at 252+ is at 262 speed unboosted. Above indicates it reaches 786 at 3 boosts, implying a 3x multiplier mathematically.

1712236752571.png

Torterra at 252+ is at 232 speed unboosted. Above indicates it reaches 696 at 4 boosts, but the multiplier is 3x mathematically here too.

The discrepancy I was highlighting is as follows -
View attachment 621849
Polteageist at 252+ is at 262 speed unboosted. Above indicates it reaches 786 at 3 boosts, implying a 3x multiplier mathematically.

View attachment 621850
Torterra at 252+ is at 232 speed unboosted. Above indicates it reaches 696 at 4 boosts, but the multiplier is 3x mathematically here too.
Well, then that's the issue with polteageist. It should say 4 boosts, since at +4 it reaches a speed stat of 786, at +3 it reaches 655 speed. The issue with is with polteageist, not with torterra.
It's doing the amount of boosts, i.e. how many stages it's boosted, not the multiplier. Since it is 3 boosts, it should be a 2.5x boost, but in this case its a 3x boost, just like how torterra's is.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)