Resource SV Ubers DLC 2 Sample Teams

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
OP mostly stolen from here

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the Scarlet and Violet Sample Teams Thread! Here you will find a collection of approved sample teams that represent the current SV Ubers Metagame. The mission statement of Sample Teams is to deliver structurally sound and simple to use teams, of every metagame relevant archetype to enable newer players to get into the tier. When submissions are being accepted, everyone is welcome to submit sample teams they wish to contribute to the thread which will be evaluated by the Viability Rankings council, to ensure they meet the qualities and criteria in order to be a sample team.

Rules & Info
  • An importable of your team is required either from a pasting site such as Pokepaste/Pastebin or using the hide tag.
  • Please post a brief description along with your submitted sample team that justifies the team members/general structure and a explanation in how players use the team and its general purpose.
  • Please only submit 1 team per post, only the first team of your post will be reviewed and others will be ignored.
  • Personal speed creeps will be removed from Sample teams, and adjusted to standardised spreads or the relevant benchmark.
  • Proxy posting for other users is prohibited. Every submitted team must be the users own creation and not the team of another user such as a banned user.
  • Do not post teams that have been created by other users such as RMTs or previously submitted sample teams under any circumstance.
Aberforth - Ubers Tiering and Forum Leader
Fc - Ubers Tiering and Forum Leader
Fogbound Lake
Inder
Kate
Manaphy
SiTuM

Sample Teams

1. Specs Miraidon Balance
- By Manaphy
:necrozma-dusk-mane: :skeledirge: :arceus-ground: :gliscor: :koraidon: :miraidon:

2. Webs Physical HO - By Aberforth

:ribombee: :arceus: :koraidon: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :rayquaza: :zacian-crowned:

3. Offensive NDM Gliscor BO - By Kate

:necrozma-dusk-mane: :gliscor: :arceus: :zacian-crowned: :kyogre: :koraidon:

4. Spout Kyogre BO - By Shuwri

:arceus-fairy: :giratina-origin: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :gliscor: :kyogre: :koraidon:

5. Hazard Spam Balance - By Fc

:arceus-fairy: :ho-oh: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :koraidon: :eternatus: :ting-lu:

6. Ekiller Kyogre BO - By Fc

:kyogre: :koraidon: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :landorus-therian: :arceus: :ting-lu:

7. Double Ice HO - By Taka

:glimmora: :arceus-ground: :koraidon: :kyurem-black: :zacian-crowned: :calyrex-ice:

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Reserved for changelog
On the last team (Taka Double Ice HO), shouldn’t Calyrex-I run 248 HP EVs to minimize SR damage since it’s not running HDB? Just a minor change but one that could be situationally helpful.

:Grimmsnarl::Koraidon::Miraidon::Arceus::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Calyrex-Ice:

https://pokepast.es/00d65a0880db3420

Here is a Screens Hyper Offense built around Substitute + Scale Shot Koraidon and Double Dance Miraidon. While behind Screens, these two offensive threats can quickly set up and easily sweep many teams. Tera Ghost is run on Koraidon to provide an emergency check to opposing EKiller Arceus & Scarf Koraidon locked into Low Kick while also providing an opportunity to set up. Miraidon elects to run Electric Seed to further augment its bulk and accumulate boosts from Agility and Calm Mind more efficiently. Electro Drift over Parabolic Charge provides immediate breaking power, enabling Miraidon to have a better chance of breaking through bulky Arceus formes. EKiller Arceus provides valuable priority, a check to Last Respects Basculegion, and can clean up weakened teams. Finally, Offensive Trick Room Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and Calyrex-Ice synergize extremely well behind Screens and work in tandem to form a potent anti-offense core that completely flips the challenging Webs HO matchup. While Screens Hyper Offense teams are less popular now in the tournament scene, this team is easy to pilot and quite beginner-friendly for players looking to get started with SV Ubers.

Last edited:
On the last team (Taka Double Ice HO), shouldn’t Calyrex-I run 248 HP EVs to minimize SR damage since it’s not running HDB? Just a minor change but one that could be situationally helpful.

Here is a Screens Hyper Offense built around Substitute + Scale Shot Koraidon and Double Dance Miraidon. While behind Screens, these two offensive threats can quickly set up and easily sweep many teams. Tera Ghost is run on Koraidon to provide an emergency check to opposing EKiller Arceus & Scarf Koraidon locked into Low Kick while also providing an opportunity to set up. Miraidon elects to run Electric Seed to bolster its defense and accumulate boosts from Agility and Calm Mind more efficiently. Electro Drift over Parabolic Charge provides immediate breaking power. EKiller Arceus provides valuable priority, a check to Last Respects Basculegion, and can clean up weakened teams. Finally, Offensive Trick Room Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and Calyrex-Ice synergize extremely well behind Screens and work in tandem to form a potent anti-offense core that completely flips the challenging Webs HO matchup. While Screens Hyper Offense teams are less popular now in the tournament scene, this team is easy to pilot and quite beginner-friendly for players looking to get started with SV Ubers.

Edit: Added Screens Hyper Offense sample team submission
Hi, ur grimsnarl evs looks interesting, can i know why u choose them?

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Hi, ur grimsnarl evs looks interesting, can i know why u choose them?
Let’s you survive +1 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C behind Reflect so you get both Screens up. Also SpDef helps vs Mirai leads. 8 Speed EVs help it win vs other Grimm leads.

Last edited:

WinstonRed

I COULD BE BANNED!

Here is a Screens Hyper Offense built around Substitute + Scale Shot Koraidon and Double Dance Miraidon. While behind Screens, these two offensive threats can quickly set up and easily sweep many teams. Tera Ghost is run on Koraidon to provide an emergency check to opposing EKiller Arceus & Scarf Koraidon locked into Low Kick while also providing an opportunity to set up. Miraidon elects to run Electric Seed to bolster its defense and accumulate boosts from Agility and Calm Mind more efficiently. Electro Drift over Parabolic Charge provides immediate breaking power. EKiller Arceus provides valuable priority, a check to Last Respects Basculegion, and can clean up weakened teams. Finally, Offensive Trick Room Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and Calyrex-Ice synergize extremely well behind Screens and work in tandem to form a potent anti-offense core that completely flips the challenging Webs HO matchup. While Screens Hyper Offense teams are less popular now in the tournament scene, this team is easy to pilot and quite beginner-friendly for players looking to get started with SV Ubers.

Edit: Added Screens HO team
No, the damage value is the same. You can't just make a general assumption that "248 is better if you take Rocks damage", it always depends on the actual numerics, if you run leftovers/other forms of recovery, etc.

For the Calyrex example:

With 252 HP EVs you end up at 404 HP, so you take 101 from switching into Rocks once, leaving you at 303, and 76 (75,75) switching in a second time, leaving you at 227 HP

With 248 HP EVs you end up at 403 HP, so you take 101 (100,75) from switching into Rocks once, leaving you at 302, and 76 (75,5) switching in a second time, leaving you at 226 HP

So you take the same amount of damage no matter if you have 248 or 252 HP EVs, obviously you end up at 1 HP less with 248, but you also STARTED with 1 HP less

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
No, the damage value is the same. You can't just make a general assumption that "248 is better if you take Rocks damage", it always depends on the actual numerics, if you run leftovers/other forms of recovery, etc.

For the Calyrex example:

With 252 HP EVs you end up at 404 HP, so you take 101 from switching into Rocks once, leaving you at 303, and 76 (75,75) switching in a second time, leaving you at 227 HP

With 248 HP EVs you end up at 403 HP, so you take 101 (100,75) from switching into Rocks once, leaving you at 302, and 76 (75,5) switching in a second time, leaving you at 226 HP

So you take the same amount of damage no matter if you have 248 or 252 HP EVs, obviously you end up at 1 HP less with 248, but you also STARTED with 1 HP less
Entry hazard damage works as a floor function, meaning the amount of damage you take is rounded down. So if you start at 404 HP and are 2x weak to SR, you take 101 HP of damage per switch in. If you start at 403 HP, you take the floor of 403 / 4 which rounds down to 100 damage per switch in. This means running an even number of HP and being weak to SR only enables you to switch in up to 3 times before fainting on the 4th, while an odd number of HP enables up to 4 switch ins (where Caly-I would be left with 3 HP). This is a rare scenario and unlikely to ever play any significant role, but the teams presented here should run optimal EV spreads + items.

Speaking of items, the item being ran by Caly-I on that team is Occa Berry. The only items Caly-I ever runs are HDB or Weakness Policy on some full TR teams. No passive recovery from Leftovers or healing moves means the calculations I wrote above holds.

Edit: After reading your post more carefully, you have to remember hazard damage is based on the maximum HP you’re starting with, not how much you have left at the time of switching in - it’s a set number. This is the sample teams submission thread; it’s best not to derail it with conversation not pertinent to Ubers.

why is there no sample w basc
Why do I only see one team with a miraidon?
Wanted to briefly touch up on these two questions. For one, Basculegion certainly deserves a sample team as it’s a huge meta threat that’s representative of the kind of team you’d currently face. Some of the teams posted above are odd to say the least.

As for a single Miraidon sample team, it’s a breaker that’s harder to fit on variety of builds unlike Koraidon. However, I agree that more teams with Miraidon should be featured - especially since the team that features it is running Specs (which isn’t as good as it used to be in prior iterations of SV Ubers) & Skeledirge. While I have no problem with Skeledirge, it's not a defensive check players run that often anymore, and is mostly outclassed by Tera Fairy Ho-Oh. While Dirge is a more robust Koraidon and Zacian-C check, it doesn't provide any utility or pivoting ability making it a strictly inferior choice in the current meta.

Last edited:

WinstonRed

I COULD BE BANNED!
Entry hazard damage works as a floor function, meaning the amount of damage you take is rounded down. So if you start at 404 HP and are 2x weak to SR, you take 101 HP of damage per switch in. If you start at 403 HP, you take the floor of 403 / 4 which rounds down to 100 damage per switch in. This means running an even number of HP and being weak to SR only enables you to switch in up to 3 times before fainting on the 4th, while an odd number of HP enables up to 4 switch ins (where Caly-I would be left with 3 HP). This is a rare scenario and unlikely to ever play any significant role, but the teams presented here should run optimal EV spreads + items.

Speaking of items, the item being ran by Caly-I on that team is Occa Berry. The only items Caly-I ever runs are HDB or Weakness Policy on some full TR teams. No passive recovery from Leftovers or healing moves means the calculations I wrote above holds.

Edit: After reading your post more carefully, you have to remember hazard damage is based on the maximum HP you’re starting with, not how much you have left at the time of switching in - it’s a set number. This is the sample teams submission thread; it’s best not to derail it with conversation not pertinent to Ubers.

Wanted to briefly touch up on these two questions. For one, Basculegion certainly deserves a sample team as it’s a huge meta game threat that’s representative of the kind of team you’d currently face. Some of the teams posted above are odd to say the least.

As for a single Miraidon team, it’s a breaker that’s harder to fit on variety of builds unlike Koraidon. However, I agree that more teams with Miraidon should be featured - especially since the team that features it is running Specs (which isn’t as good as it used to be in prior iterations of SV Ubers) & Skeledirge. While I have no problem with Skeledirge, it's not a defensive check players run that often anymore, and is mostly outclassed by Tera Fairy Ho-Oh. While Dirge is a better Koraidon and Zacian-C check, it doesn't provide any utility or pivoting ability making it a strictly inferior choice in the current metagame.
This is interesting, do you have a source on the rounding down part? I'm... 90% sure that at least at the start of fairy gens it was rounded up, but maybe I'm mixing something up

You're right about the max hp part ofc, I derped out on that one. It wouldn't change what I posted though, if I'm correct about the rounding x) If not, then ignore that part as well. And thanks!

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hiya, if sample submissions are open I'd like to submit this webs team for samples:
https://pokepast.es/e0f51ab02eb49afc

The current webs sample is alright, but it does have a few issues in my opinion. It doesn't have Basculegion, which in my opinion should be run on every webs team as it has zero drawback. More importantly, however, every single attacker on the team is a physical attacker, and none of them can really deal with Ho-Oh without Terastallization. And even then, the only Tera Fire on the team is Koraidon. This makes for an unbelievably disastrous matchup into Ho-Oh. The webs team I'd like to submit addresses both of these issues by adding a Basculegion and a special attacker in Miraidon, greatly improving the Ho-Oh matchup. The inclusion of Arceus-Ground also means Miraidon can't just claim a KO with Electro Drift every time it switches in.

Last edited:
Hiya, if sample submissions are open I'd like to submit this webs team for samples:
https://pokepast.es/5dd14af75da3bb73

The current webs sample is alright, but it does have a few issues in my opinion. It doesn't have Basculegion, which in my opinion should be run on every webs team as it has zero drawback. More importantly, however, every single attacker on the team is a physical attacker, and none of them can really deal with Ho-Oh without Terastallization. And even then, the only Tera Fire on the team is Koraidon. This makes for an unbelievably disastrous matchup into Ho-Oh. The webs team I'd like to submit addresses both of these issues by adding a Basculegion and a special attacker in Miraidon, greatly improving the Ho-Oh matchup. The inclusion of Arceus-Ground also means Miraidon can't just claim a KO with Electro Drift every time it switches in.
Why is swift swim on basculegion? I do not see any kyogres on this team so I’d say that adaptability would be better than that. Unless you are gonna rely on opposing rain, which is not really cooking.

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
Why is swift swim on basculegion? I do not see any kyogres on this team so I’d say that adaptability would be better than that. Unless you are gonna rely on opposing rain, which is not really cooking.
Yes, I did forget to change to Adaptability. Fixed now, thanks for pointing it out!

Sample submission:

:miraidon: :giratina-origin: :ho-oh: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :ting-lu: :koraidon:

I build this team based on Choice Specs Miraidon :miraidon:, which is a nice breaker/pivot in the metagame atm, it threatens 2hko/ohko on everything not named Ting-Lu :ting-lu:, which is covered by other members of the team.

I prefer running tera fairy to win some trades against locked Miraidon :miraidon: and Koraidon :koraidon:, but tera dragon is good as well for more firepower.

The defenses of the team are based on my favorite defensive core in the tier, Ho-oh :ho-oh:, Necrozma Dusk-Mane :necrozma-dusk-mane: and Ting-Lu :ting-lu:. Those three together can cover the majority of the metagame threats, like Koraidon :koraidon:, Arceus :arceus-ground:, Zacian-Crowned :zacian-crowned: and Miraidon :miraidon:

Tera Fairy on Ho-oh :ho-oh: so it can have good matchup against SD Koraidon :koraidon:

The Lion :necrozma-dusk-mane: is tera dark so it can hold some Last Respects Basculegion :basculegion: on the late game.

Ting-Lu :ting-lu: is tera steel to resist Draco Meteor from Miraidon :miraidon:, Moonblast from Flutter Mane :flutter-mane:, and Glacial Lances from Calyrex-Ice :calyrex-ice:.

You can run a slower version of the Ting-Lu :ting-lu: as well if you want to "outspeed" Calyrex-Ice :calyrex-ice: under Trick Room, but it is optional.

Flutter Mane :flutter-mane: might be scary at previews but Ho-oh :ho-oh: and Ting-Lu :ting-lu: can pivot on its Moonblasts and Power Gems, but usually is dealt with tera steel.

Giratina :giratina-origin: fits on this team as a good utility pick, since it can Defog, Phaze with Dragon Tail and has a good priority move in form of Shadow Sneak. It can check some threats to the team like Arceus-Ground :arceus-ground:.

Lastly, Koraidon :koraidon: is the Choice Scarf user of the team, an Adamant nature is great so it can break the walls of the tier with more efficiency, even though it doesnt guarantee the speed tie with another Scarf/+1 Koraidon :koraidon: and Miraidon :miraidon:.

Miraidon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Recover

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Core
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ruination
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Here i got 2 replays using the team on the Ubers World Cup and an image of peaking #1 on the ladder using it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ubers-742578

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ubers-746405

1707856979136.png

dark pulse arc fairy?
drain punch and collision course koraidon?
draining kiss ribombee?
crunch basculegion?
holy hell what are you on...
4 attacks Arceus of any form are not real sets.
koraidon is better with just one fighting type move, sometimes zero. plus tera fire or ghost is better.
ribombee gets no benefit from healing lol.
crunch hits nothing and adaptability does not stack as much as you think with tera ghost.
you burned the water my dude, go learn how to cook before setting fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)