SV Ubers SV Ubers HO (~1200 ELO, GXE 56%, Chance of Masquerain 100%, OUTDATED)

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
This RMT has been updated and reposted here, this thread is irrelevant now.

Come one, come all to the finest HO team conjured from my mind, seasoned with five years of rust from competitive play and a burning desire to improve my teambuilding skills.
A little backstory about me, the last time I played the game was back in Gen 7 where I primarily played with a HO team in Ubers where I hit a good number on the ladder. Unfortunately, I had the assistance of a tutor to make a team for me and the metagame had stablized at the time to where I could get away with using one specific team and get good with it. I want this to be my first foray into proper, competitive teambuilding with the intent to hit large ELO.
Enough about me, though, let's get with the team.

1673666974521.png

Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn

The boy. This cutie here is the first of my core, Koraidon, Slither Wing, and Chi-Yu. (A core graciously provided by Fc in the Good Cores resource) There isn't much to say besides how Flare Blitz hits everything extremely hard in sun, Close Combat is an alternative that hurts just as badly, while Dragon Claw can OHKO other Koraidons and Miraidons, potentially catching them off guard with the Choice Scarf or not even needing to with Tailwind or Sticky Web up. U-Turn can allow me to continue pivoting into the aformentioned to keep pressure up and on.

1673667489502.png
Slither Wing @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- First Impression
- Wild Charge

Slither Wing comes in with violence in mind. With a Protosynthesis boost it can relentlessly and easily bully anything slower like Clodsire, Ting-Lu, Toxapex, and Garganacl. First Impression keeps it relevant even if everything is faster than it. Wild Charge is used over the sample OU set specifically for Toxapex and tera Flying users, as well as to exploit Electric Terrain that Miraidon may set up.

1673668152341.png

Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast

Chi-Yu becomes an incredibly devastating wallbreaker in sun, most notable for its ability to 2HKO Blissey and max SPDEF Garganacl with Fire Blast and helping to beat down on walls in general.

The above core can be summed up as having Koraidon beat anything fast and frail while Chi-Yu and Slither Wing make use of the sun to beat up anything slow and bulky. The problem comes with Pokemon that can reliably threaten all of them, like Flutter Mane which Koraidon can only speed tie and OHKOs Chi-Yu and Slither Wing after hazards, and Iron Bundle which can outspeed even Koraidon and threaten or OHKO it depending on the set. So here come my answers.

1673669030161.png

Miraidon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

The only thing better than a super-lizard are two super-lizards. Another Specs set can enable it to be threatening right out of the gate, or pivot with great damage using Volt Switch (And bait double switches if the opponent has a common switch-in like Ting-Lu or Iron Tusk.) Tera Water can help keep it safe against Flutter Mane and the common Steel-type moves typically carried to handle the Fairy type that many Pokemon like to use. I may change this set later, but the general idea is going to be the same: Be scary and pivot.

1673669491156.png
Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

Flutter Mane can be used to scare other Flutter Manes as well as forcing non-scarf Koraidons and Miradons to either switch or Terastallize. Calm Mind can apply pressure as it forces switches and enables it to hit its normal switchins hard and take chunks out of teams before it dies. A questionable addition, in my opinion. I may switch it out later for a Substitute + Dance user once I better learn how to handle it, but for now this is here.

1673669950131.png

dumbass (Masquerain) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Whirlwind
- Tailwind

Turns out the fastest Sticky Web user in the entirety of the game is this dumbass, so here we are. Ideally, it annoys their lead with Intimidate, uses Tailwind and Sticky Web, then dies. Whirlwind can help phase out something that may attempt to exploit its passiveness to set up, and U-Turn can help it escape from a Taunt lead. Tera Dark exists primarily to point and laugh at any Grimmsnarl that may attempt to Taunt it, but that's an option that I don't believe I'll ever be choosing. Sticky Webs help immensely by guaranteeing peace of mind by knowing that my Koraidon will outspeed absolutely everything, including other scarf Koraidons and non-scarf Flutter Manes and can enable Chi-Yu to outspeed the scary offensive Pokemon in the 135 speed tier and Slither Wing to outspeed anything below 130.

Part of why I posted this team is for teambuilding practice which I desperately need. I want to be able to use teams with a majority of (or even exclusively) my favorites, even if it's objectively mediocre, while still putting up a good fight. Hopefully this team can work with a change to Flutter Mane, and hopefully I can learn how exactly to build a core.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)