Swampert (QC 2/2) (GP: 2/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[OVERVIEW]

Swampert makes its first major appearance in VGC 2015 with two unusual roles: an anti-metagame Pokemon and great Mega Evolution for rain-based teams. Swampert does its jobs very well, being a great Mega Evolution under rain thanks to Swift Swim and amazing base stats; however, it has a crippling 4x weakness to Grass, a fairly common type in the metagame. If your team is not reliant on rain, consider running other Mega Evolutions, as they have more to offer than Mega Swampert.

[SET]
name: Rain Mega
move 1: Waterfall
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Protect
item: Swampertite
ability: Damp
nature: Adamant
evs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Waterfall is Mega Swampert's main STAB move and is boosted by rain; even without rain, it deals very solid damage and has a small chance of making the foe flinch. Earthquake is another STAB move that hits a wide range of Pokemon for neutral damage. Ice Punch hits Grass- and Dragon-types that resist Swampert's STAB moves. Finally, Protect allows Swampert to safely Mega Evolve and scout for the foe's moves.

Set Details
========

Swampertite allows Swampert to Mega Evolve. An Adamant nature along with 252 Attack EVs makes Swampert's attacks hit as hard as possible. 148 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed Mega Sceptile under rain, while the rest of the EVs are put into HP to increase its bulk significantly. Its ability, Damp, only comes in handy against the very rare Explosion Mega Glalie, but it changes to Swift Swim when Swampert Mega Evolves.

Usage Tips
========

Rain is the most important thing for this set to work, and it needs to be up as much as possible, as Mega Swampert is not very effective without it. Another thing to keep in mind is that Swift Swim doesn't apply on the first turn, so use Protect to Mega Evolve safely.

Team Options
========

Politoed is Mega Swampert's best partner, as it is the only Pokemon in the format able to automatically set up rain thanks to its ability. Pokemon with priority moves, such as Tornadus, Thundurus, and Talonflame, are good for both general support and mitigating Swampert's lack of priority. Other rain sweepers such as Ludicolo also make for good partners, as they can take advantage of the rain as well.

[SET]
name: Anti-meta
move 1: Scald
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Wide Guard
item: Expert Belt
ability: Torrent
nature: Modest
evs: 236 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
ivs: 0 Atk

Moves
========

Scald not only gets a STAB boost but also has a 30% burn chance that is great for hurting a large number of physical attackers in the metagame. Earth Power is Swampert's secondary STAB move that has a chance of lowering the foe's Special Defense and hits only one target, unlike most Ground-type moves. Ice Beam hits Grass- and Dragon-types that resist or are immune to Swampert's STAB combination. Wide Guard works like a team-wide Protect, but it only protects your side against moves that hit more than one target, though many of them are pretty common in the metagame.

Set Details
========

The very specific 228 Special Attack EVs allow Swampert to OHKO Landorus-T, Heatran lacking Shuca Berry or Air Balloon, Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Talonflame, Garchomp, and offensive Mega Gengar with the appropriate moves. The EVs also allow it to 2HKO Aegislash in Shield forme, Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, and most Thundurus variants. The 12 Speed EVs allow Swampert to outspeed uninvested Tyranatar. 236 HP and 28 Defense EVs specifically allow it to survive Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge.

Usage Tips
========

Thanks to its immunity to Electric, Swampert is best used as a switch-in to Electric-types rather than a lead, but it can switch in on Pokemon such as Landorus, Heatran, and Garchomp as well; it can also work early-game as a counter to Mega Salamence and Landorus-T or as a late-game cleaner, when its checks have been removed. However, if it can't hit any Pokemon for super effective damage or Wide Guard isn't useful, you should remove it from the battlefield, as it will not be an effective Pokemon. Lastly, many unexpected Pokemon can run Grass Knot, so be aware of this possibility.

Team Options
========

Talonflame is Swampert's best partner, as it enjoys its Wide Guard support and Swampert appreciates its Grass resistance and coverage moves. Swampert also enjoys teammates such as Mega Charizard Y, Breloom, and Amoonguss, which threaten and force out Grass-types. Lastly, Pokemon that counter Mega Kangaskan, such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn, and Gengar, are appreciated as well.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Instead of running Protect, Mega Swampert can run Wide Guard as an alternative form of protection. It can also run Aqua Tail for its higher Base Power, but it lacks the flinch chance of Waterfall and does not have perfect accuracy. Fighting-type moves such as Power-Up Punch and Superpower can be run instead of Ice Punch to hit different targets, such as Ferrothorn. An alternative EV spreads is 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe with a Jolly nature to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T under rain.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Wide Guard**: Wide Guard can block Mega Swampert's Earthquake.

**Grass-type Moves**: Swampert is 4x weak to Grass-type moves, which are fairly common because a lot of Pokemon are weak to Grass in the metagame.

**Sun Teams**: Sun lowers the power of Water-type moves and counters any rain-based strategy; this mostly affects Mega Swampert due to its heavy reliance on Swift Swim.

**Intimidate Users**: Intimidate is a very common ability in the format and lowers Mega Swampert's Attack. However, the Attack drop doesn't last if Mega Swampert switches out, and it has coverage moves for most Intimidate users.

**Burns**: Burns are another way of lowering Mega Swampert's attacking power, but there isn't an easy way of getting rid of them, unlike the Attack drops from Intimidate.
Overview
########

Pros:
*One Weakness
*Great Stats after Mega Evolving
*Great Mega in Rain, with Swift Swim and all

Cons:
*4x Grass Weakness
*Better Megas to use if you’re not using rain
*Rain Nerf

RainMega
########
name: RainMega

Moves
========

*Waterfall is a strong, solid Water-type STAB move, with a small chance of flinching
*Earthquake is a STAB Ground-type move that hits all other Pokémon on the field
*Ice Punch is for hitting Grass-type and Dragon-type Pokémon that its over attacking moves will almost always be resisted damage or Immunity to it.
*Protect is for entering into the Mega Evolution, and for preventing damage.

Set Details
========

*Swampertite is to be able to Mega Evolve
*252 Atk is to hit hard with its attacks
*108 Hp for extra significant bulk
*148 Spd makes sure you outspeed Mega Sceptile in Rain
*Damp is protection for the never seen Explosion and Self Destruct, turns into Swift Swim afterwards

Usage Tips
========

*Keep rain up as much as possible, and protect when setting it back up
*Swift Swim does not activate when you have it Mega Evolve, so use Protect to get into the form saftly

Team Options
========

*Politoad
*Tornadus
*Other users of Priority, Like Thundurus
*Other rain players like Ludicolo

Anti-Meta
########
name: Anti-Meta
move 1:Scald
move 2:Earth Power
move 3:Ice Beam
move 4:Wide Guard
ability:Torrent
item:Expert Belt

Moves
========

*Scald gets STAB and has a 30% chance of Burning, Great for hitting physical attackers
*Earth Power gets STAB also and has a chance of lower SpDef
*Ice Beam hits Grass-types Super Effective, which Grass moves are it weakness, and has a chance of Freezing the target.
*Wide Guard blocks any move that hits more than one target and prevents the damage, useful because there are many wide-ranged moves in the metagame

Set Details
========

*228 SpAtk allows you to get the OHKO on Landorus-T, Heatran (without Shuca/Air Balloon), Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Talonflame, Garchomp, and offensive Mega Gengar. It also allows 2HKOs on Aegislash-Shield, Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, and most Thundurus variants.
*12 Spd allows you to out-speed uninvested Tyranatar
*236 Hp and 28 Def allows you to survive a Double Edge from Mega Kangaskan
*4 SpDef is just for added bulk

Usage Tips
========

*Better not as a lead.
*Electric Immunity allow switchins, as well as on Pokémon like Landorus, Heatran, Thundurus, Zapdos, Garchomp, Rotom-H, etc.
*Works great late game to wreak teams when threatening Pokemon like Mega Kang are removed or to remove Mega Mance or Lando-T early.
*Remove from battle if it can’t get Super Effective hits or Wide Guard isn’t effective in the battle.
*Lastly look out for Potential Grass Knot.

Team Options
========

Talonflame can rid of Grass-types easily and likes support from Swampert as it breaks many of its counters and Rock Slides. Swampert likes other things that scare/ get rid of Grass-types such as Mega Charizard Y, Breloom, Amoonguss, ect. Lastly it likes things that counter Mega Kangaskan, such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn and Gengar.

Other Options
########

*Wide Guard on first set
*Fighting-Type Moves Like Power Up Punch and Superpower
*Aqua Tail
*Life Orb
*Jolly Nature
*Alternatively you can run 28 hp 252 Attack 228 Speed to outspeed up to Jolly Scarf Landorus-T.

Checks & Counters
########

**Wide Guard**: Wide Guard can block the Mega's Earthquake
**Grass Type Moves**: It is its 4x weakness, and good bits of Pokémon have these types of moves.
**Sun** Lowers the power of Water-type moves and Rain Strategy
**Intimidate**Very common ability in the format and lowers your attack, the attacking stat vital to Mega Swampert
**Burn** Another factor to lowering the Mega's Set attack power
____________________________________________________________________________________
Note: done on next set :)

Last edited:
Do you know of any sets, because I don't for its non-mega :P
Special Attacker Swampert works quite well, and very much does deserve its own set.
Here's a quick breakdown on Swampert's PGL stats:

Natures: Adamant (56.1%), Modest (28.2%), Bold (5.5%), Jolly (4.3%).
Items: Swampertite (58.6%), Expert Belt (22.6%), Sitrus Berry (9.3%)
Skipping moves.

MegaSwampy is the more common set, but for non-Mega, Special attacker is quite useful. Here's the oldest posting of it that I'm aware of. It's a wonderful anti-meta mon.
Earth Power and Ice Beam alone 1-2HKOs a big list of Ground, Flying, Dragon, Fire, Rock, and Steel mons, while Water STAB is very customizable and adds Talonflame to your coverage. The linked set is the common variant, but Life Orb has been amazing for me personally as it compensates for the set's biggest flaw: pathetic neutral damage output. It grabs a 2HKO on Bulky Thundurus as well (Calm + Sitrus can dodge the EBelt 2HKO), along with occassionally pushing Swampert into Torrent range. STAB + LO + Torrent Water attacks hit damn hard even off 85 Sp. Atk. I'd put Expert Belt as the more common, reliable version since it doesn't have to deal with LO wearing it down, and LO is usually reserved for more offensive teammates like Sylveon.
Wide Guard is simply fantastic in today's metagame, with Heat Wave Heatran/Char-Y, Lando-T, Garchomp, Suicune (Icy Wind/Snarl), and -ate Hyper Voice running amok, and Swampert is honestly one of its best users.
Water STAB can vary. Scald is the common choice, for its well rounded power, accuracy, PP, and 30% burn chance. Hydro Pump is inaccurate but hits Shuca/Baloon Heatran a lot harder, along with neutral switchins. Water Pledge, Swampert is one of its very few competent users but it's obviously niche/team specific. Muddy Water is Spread STAB, accuracy is a bummer but 30% chance of accuracy drop can pull bullshit victories from certain loss pressure people, and as a bonus doesn't hit your ally like Surf or EQ.
Not very bulky, Speed is pretty meh (ties with Aegislash and Sylveon), neutral damage is poop without LO, and Char-Y/Mega Venusaur/Mega Khan takes a giant shit on it. Needs basically no support though, not like Grass resists are hard to come by.
Used Special Swampy a lot, if you need any additional info lemme know.

Here's a non-mega set for Swampert. It's based off the set used by Angel Miranda for a premier challenge back in January.

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Ability: Torrent
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

EVs survive Double Edge from Adamant Mega Kang 100% of the time, with enough SpA to always OHKO 252/4 Mega Mawile with Earth Power. It also takes care of 4x Ice weak mons like Lando-T and Mega Mence. Expert Belt is used to get these KOs without compromising bulk like Life Orb would. Swampert's main niche over something like Gastrodon is Wide Guard, which is a great help to partners weak to common spread moves. Mega Mence is probably the best partner for this set, since it appreciates Swampert's ability to handle Lando-T and Steel types like Mawile while also blocking Rock Slides and Hyper Voices with Wide Guard.

Last edited:
Here's a non-mega set for Swampert. It's based off the set used by Angel Miranda for a premier challenge back in January.

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Ability: Torrent
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpA / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

EVs survive Double Edge from Adamant Mega Kang 100% of the time, with enough SpA to always OHKO 252/4 Mega Mawile with Earth Power. It also takes care of 4x Ice weak mons like Lando-T and Mega Mence. Expert Belt is used to get these KOs without compromising bulk like Life Orb would. Swampert's main niche over something like Gastrodon is Wide Guard, which is a great help to partners weak to common spread moves. Mega Mence is probably the best partner for this set, since it appreciates Swampert's ability to handle Lando-T and Steel types like Mawile while also blocking Rock Slides and Hyper Voices with Wide Guard.
Life Orb does bring much more neutral damage to the table, though. It is at least worth an Other options on the set. Bulky thundy, for example, is something I found that often survives 2 Ice beams with Expert Belt, but not Life Orb. Also helps when you NEED to hit something like Sylveon, Hariyama, Suicune, or Weavile with a neutral move. I ran Expert Belt for a while; don't get me wrong, it's a damn good set, but sometimes LO fits the bill a bit better.

tl;dr this should be the Special non-mega Swampy set, but LO is worthy of a secondary item slash or other mention, as Expert Belt gets 90% of the same KOs, doesn't comprimise bulk, and there's less item competition for Expert Belt than LO in general.

I updated the EV spread in my post to have 12 Speed EVs over Special Defense, to creep univested TTar.
Also I'm not QC but I think it's pretty important to make sure that you run enough Defense to survive that Mega Kang Double Edge, since it doesn't take very much investment.
Agreed that LO is worth a mention somewhere, maybe not in the main set but in OO at least.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Regarding the Mega Swampert set, I believe the following should be used:
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Protect

the EVs allow you to outspeed Mega Sceptile in Rain and gives you significantly more bulk. Alternatively you can run 28 hp 252 Attack 228 Speed to outspeed up to Jolly Scarf Landorus-T, but I don't believe that's common enough to warrant the change. The reason i changed the spread is because scarf Latios isn't remotely relevant enough for Swampert to need to go Jolly. A Draco Meteor would also not even come close to KOing Mega Swampert (though a Modest Draco Meteor criticial hit is a damage roll in your favor)

That's all I have to say, make the change and i'll give you a QC

Last edited:
Regarding the Mega Swampert set, I believe the following should be used:
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Protect

the EVs allow you to outspeed Mega Sceptile in Rain and gives you significantly more bulk. Alternatively you can run 28 hp 252 Attack 228 Speed to outspeed up to Jolly Scarf Landorus-T, but I don't believe that's common enough to warrant the change. The reason i changed the spread is because scarf Latios isn't remotely relevant enough for Swampert to need to go Jolly. A Draco Meteor would also not even come close to KOing Mega Swampert (though a Modest Draco Meteor criticial hit is a damage roll in your favor)

That's all I have to say, make the change and i'll give you a QC
Did it.

I assume this is ready for gp?_?
AMcheck add remove coms

changed a lot tdp dont be mad pls :_:

Overview [OVERVIEW]
######## (keep the blank line)

Swampert makes its first major appearance in VGC 2015 with two unusual roles: (colon) an anti-meta Mon Pokemon and great Mega Evolution for rain-based teams A Heavily Invested Rain Team Mega. It Swampert does its jobs very well, being a great Mega in the under rain, (RC) thanks to Swift Swim, (RC) and having amazing base stats; however, it has a crippling 4x weakness to Grass, a fairly common type in the metagame (I don't personally know this but it's written below so I just added it to make the overview a bit longer :( ) its stats are amazing, it also has one weakness, that being 4x Grass. (period) If the team is not reliant on rain, consider running other Mega Evolutions (some examples would fit well), as they have more to offer than Mega Swampert (same as two lines above; you can add whatever reason)Pokemon are also better without rain, and rain was nerfed. (tried to add something to the ow because it seemed a bit poor)

RainMega [SET]
######## (remove blank line)

name: Rain(add space)Mega

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Waterfall is its Mega Swampert's main STAB move and is boosted by the Rain, even without the rain its very solid in damage and has a small chance of flinching. Earthquake is its another STAB move that hits a wide ranged of Pokemon for neutral damage (I assume this is what you meant; if so, it can also be shortened in "..and provides great neutral coverage" or something similar). Ice Punch is its hits Grass-types, Dragon-types, and Dragon coverage and it usually hits Pokemon ("such as x, y, and z.."; some examples would be nice) well that normally be are immune or resit its other STAB moves. Finally, its last move is Protect allows Swampert to safely Mega Evolve and to scout for the foe's moves. is for safely entering into is Mega Evolution as well for safely checking opponents moves.

Set Details
========

Its held Item is its Mega Stone Swampertite, which is for it to be able to allows Swampert to Mega Evolve, obviously. Then it has An Adamant nature along with 252 Attack EVs invested with attack to hit the hardest you can with your makes Swampert's attacks hit as hard as possible. Its A 148 Speed investment is for outspeeding allows it to outspeed Mega Sceptile in the Rain under rain, (AC) while and then the rest is of the EVs are put into HP to increase its bulk for extra significantly bulk. Its ability, (AC) Damp, (AC) (or just "Damp...") is for much to nothing, as it really only comes in use for against the very rare Explosion Mega Glalie or something even less competitive ("common" or "competitively viable" perhaps?), but it changes to Swift Swim when it Swampert Mega Evolves.

Usage Tips
========

The most Important thing to this set is the Rain is the most important thing for this set to work, and it needs to you need to have it be up as much as possible, as Mega Swampert is not very effective without it all this Mega really has going for it is lost. Another thing to keep in mind is that Swift Swim, even if you Mega Evolve with it activated, doesn't apply first turn, so use Protect to form change Mega Evolve safely. (I understand this set is basically "click the best move in the given occasion", but this ut part is a bit lackluster imo)

Team Options
========

Politoad Politoed is Mega Swamperts' Mega Swampert's best partner friend, as it is the only Pokemon in the format able to set up rain thanks to its ability unlike any other mon in the format, it gets Rain set up for free as its ability, plus it gets good support (with "it gets good support" I assume you meant Politoed can also run support moves to further help Swampert; if so just add "..., and it also has access to many support moves such as" or something similar). Pokemon with priority moves, such as Tornadus, Thundurus and Talonflame, as well as other users of priority like Thundurus and Talonflame are good for both general support and countering mitigating one of Swamperts weaknesses, its lack of priority. Then, Other rain sweepers players, (RC) such as Ludicolo, (RC) work well also make for good partners, as they for their abuse can take advantage of the rain as well.

Anti-Meta [SET]
########

move 1:(add space)Scald
move 2:(add space)Earth Power
move 3:(add space)Ice Beam
move 4:(add space)Wide Guard
ability:(add space)Torrent

Moves
========

Scald is one of its greatest moves, as it not only gets STAB but also has a 30% burn chance chance of burning, that is great for hurting the a large number amount of physical attackers in the metagmae. Earth Power is its other Swampert's secondary STAB move that gets a nice chance of lowering the foe's Special Defense SpDef and unlike most Grond moves hits only one target, (AC) unlike most Ground-type moves. Ice Beam is its hits Grass type coverage, as well as hitting Grass- and Dragon-types (add hyphen) that resit or are immune to its STAB combination. (AP) Wide Guard works like a team Protect, but it only protects you against moves the turn used that hit more then than one target, its useful because there are many of these moves many of which are pretty common in the metagame. (AP)

Set Details
========

The very specific 228 Special Attack investment SpAtk allows Swampert is for you to get a OHKO on Landorus-T, Heatran lacking Shuca Berry or Air Balloon (without Shuca/Air Balloon), Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Talonflame, Garchomp, and offensive Mega Gengar. It also allows it to 2HKOs on Aegislash-Shield in Shield forme, Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, and most Thundurus variants. The 12 Spd Speed EVs allows you to outspeed (remove hyphen) uninvested Tyranatar. 236 HP and 28 Defense EVs specifically allows you to survive a Double Edge from Mega Kangaskan, while 4 Special Defense slightly increase Swampert's is just for added bulk.

Usage Tips
========

This Thanks to its immunity, Swampert is best to be used as a switch-in to Electric-types an Electric Immunity switchin rather then than a lead, but it can switch in on Pokemon like such as Landorus, Heatran, and Garchomp, (RC) ect as well; (SC) it can also work early-game as a counter to Mega Salamance and Landorus-T or as a late-game cleaner, when its checks have been removed Its at its best when it is in late game and threats are removed or to simply remove Mega Salamance or Landorus-T early. However, if it can't hit any Pokemon for super effective damage get even one super effective hit or Wide Guard isn't useful effective, you need to remove it from the battlefield, (AC) as it will not be an effective Pokemon otherwise. The last important note is a lot of weird things get Lastly, many unexpected Pokemon can run Grass Knot, so be aware if of this that could be a possibility.

Team Options
========

Talonflame is Swamperts best partner friend, as it enjoys its Wide Gaurd support and Swampert enjoys appreciates its Grass resistance and coverage moves. Swampert also it enjoys teammates members that scare and remove grass types like such as Mega Charizard Y, Breloom, Amoonguss, ect that threaten and force out (personal, "scare" and "remove" can be used as well) Grass-types. Lastly it likes, like most Pokemon, things Pokemon that counter Mega Kangaskan, such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn and Gengar, (AC) are appreciated as well.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
########
=============

Instead of running Protect, Mega Swampert one the first set you could use can run Wide Guard as an alternative form of protection (I would mention its unreliability, though). It can also Also on the first set you could run Aqua Tail for its higher Base Power, but you it loses the flinch chance and it does not have a perfect accuracy. Then there are Fighting-type moves such as Power-Up Punch and Superpower you could run like Power Up Punch and Superpower in exchange for can be run instead of Ice Punch for different coverage. Alternateive EV spreads include Jolly nature and running 28 hp 252 Attack 228 Speed EV spread 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe and a Jolly nature to outspeed Scarfed Landorus-T holding a Choice Scarf.

Checks & and Counters
########===================

**Wide Guard**: Wide Guard can block the Mega's Mega Swampert's Earthquake, which this can be used in your favor, if used on your side, the Pokemon that used it does take damage. (shouldn't this be in Team Options?)
(add space)
**Grass-type (add hyphen) Moves**: It is its major 4x weakness, and good bits of many Pokemon Pokémon have these type of moves because a lot of Pokemon are weak to it in the metagame.
(add space)
**Sun** Sun lowers the power of Water-type moves and counters any rain-based strategy; (SC) this mostly affects Mega Swampert the first set, due to its heavy reliance on Swift Swim set but the 2nd set is affected as well .
(add space)
**Intimidate** Intimidate is a very common ability in the format and lowers your Mega Swampert's attack. (period) the attacking stat vital to Mega Swampert only, thankfully However, it the Attack drop doesn't last if you Mega Swampert switches out, (AC) and you get it has coverage moves against most Intimidate users of these Pokemon
(add space)

**Burns** Burns are another way factor to of lowering the Mega's Set Mega Swampert's attacking power (or just power), unlike lowering in attack, but there isn't an easy way of getting rid of the condition this, unlike the direct Attack drop.

Last edited:

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Haund add Haund remove Haund comment
Snobalt add Snobalt remove Snobalt comment
Overview [OVERVIEW]
######## (keep the blank line)

Swampert makes its first major appearance in VGC 2015 with two unusual roles: (colon) an anti-metagame Mon Pokemon and great Mega Evolution for rain-based teams A Heavily Invested Rain Team Mega. It Swampert does its jobs very well, being a great Mega in the Evolution under rain, (RC) thanks to Swift Swim, (RC) and having amazing base stats; however, it has a crippling 4x weakness to Grass, a fairly common type in the metagame (I don't personally know this but it's written below so I just added it to make the overview a bit longer :( ) its stats are amazing, it also has one weakness, that being 4x Grass. (period) If your team is not reliant on rain, consider running other Mega Evolutions (some examples would fit well), as they have more to offer than Mega Swampert (same as two lines above; you can add whatever reason)Pokemon are also better without rain, and rain was nerfed. (tried to add something to the ow because it seemed a bit poor) (Even now it still has a ways to go, but you helped it a lot.)

RainMega [SET]
######## (remove blank line)

name: Rain(add space)Mega

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Waterfall is its Mega Swampert's main STAB move and is boosted by the Rain,; (change to semi) even without the rain, (AC) its deals very solid in damage and has a small chance of making the foe flinching. Earthquake is its another STAB move that hits a wide ranged of Pokemon for neutral damage (I assume this is what you meant; if so, it can also be shortened in "..and provides great neutral coverage" or something similar). Ice Punch is its hits Grass-types, Dragon-types, and Dragon coverage and it usually hits Pokemon ("such as x, y, and z.."; some examples would be nice) well that normally be are immune to or resist its other Swampert's STAB moves. Finally, its last move is Protect allows Swampert to safely Mega Evolve and scout for the foe's moves. is for safely entering into is Mega Evolution as well for safely checking opponents moves.

Set Details
========

Its held Item is its Mega Stone Swampertite, which is for it to be able to allows Swampert to Mega Evolve, obviously. Then it has An Adamant nature along with 252 Attack EVs invested with attack to hit the hardest you can with your makes Swampert's attacks hit as hard as possible. Its 148 Speed investment is for outspeeding EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed Mega Sceptile in the Rain under rain, (AC) while and then the rest is of the EVs are put into HP to increase its bulk for extra significantly bulk. Its ability, (AC) Damp, (AC) (or just "Damp...") (yeah just "Damp" is fine) is for much to nothing, as it really only comes in use for handy against the very rare Explosion Mega Glalie or something even less competitive (either take this bit out or specify), but it changes to Swift Swim when it Swampert Mega Evolves.

Usage Tips
========

The most Important thing to this set is the Rain is the most important thing for this set to work, and it needs to you need to have it be up as much as possible, as Mega Swampert is not very effective without it all this Mega really has going for it is lost. Another thing to keep in mind is that Swift Swim, even if you Mega Evolve with it activated, doesn't apply on the first turn, so use Protect to form change Mega Evolve safely. (I understand this set is basically "click the best move in the given occasion", but this ut part is a bit lackluster imo) (Very.)

Team Options
========

Politoad Politoed is Mega Swamperts' Mega Swampert's best partner friend, as it is the only Pokemon in the format able to set up rain thanks to its ability unlike any other mon in the format, it gets Rain set up for free as its ability, plus it gets good support (with "it gets good support" I assume you meant Politoed can also run support moves to further help Swampert; if so just add "..., and it also has access to many support moves such as" or something similar). Pokemon with priority moves, such as Tornadus, Thundurus, and Talonflame, as well as other users of priority like Thundurus and Talonflame are good for both general support and countering mitigating one of Swampert'(apostrophe)s weaknesses, its lack of priority. Then, Other rain sweepers players, (RC) such as Ludicolo, (RC) work well also make for good partners, as they for their abuse can take advantage of the rain as well.

Anti-Meta [SET]
########

move 1:(add space)Scald
move 2:(add space)Earth Power
move 3:(add space)Ice Beam
move 4:(add space)Wide Guard
ability:(add space)Torrent

Moves
========

Scald is one of its greatest moves, as it not only gets a STAB boost but also has a 30% burn chance chance of burning, that is great for hurting the a large number amount of physical attackers in the metagame. Earth Power is its other Swampert's secondary STAB move that gets a nice chance (10% chance is far from solid. You should take this bit out completely.) of lowering the foe's Special Defense SpDef and unlike most Grond moves hits only one target, (AC) unlike most Ground-type moves. Ice Beam is its hits Grass type coverage, as well as hitting Grass- and Dragon-types (add hyphen) that resist or are immune to its Swampert's STAB combination. (AP) Wide Guard works like a team-wide Protect, but it only protects your side against moves the turn used that hit more then than one target, its useful because there are many of these moves though many of them are pretty common in the metagame. (AP)

Set Details
========

The very specific 228 Special Attack EVs SpAtk allow Swampert is for you to get a OHKO on Landorus-T, Heatran lacking Shuca Berry or Air Balloon (without Shuca/Air Balloon), Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Talonflame, Garchomp, and offensive Mega Gengar with the appropriate moves. It The EVs also allows it to 2HKOs on Aegislash-Shield in Shield forme, Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, and most Thundurus variants. The 12 Spd Speed EVs allows you Swampert to outspeed (remove hyphen) uninvested Tyranatar. 236 HP and 28 Defense EVs specifically allows you it to survive a Mega Kangaskhan's Double-(AH)Edge from Mega Kangaskan, while 4 Special Defense EVs slightly increase Swampert's is just for added bulk. (Do you really need to talk about those 4 leftover EVs?)

Usage Tips
========

This Thanks to its immunity to Electric, Swampert is best to be used as a switch-in to Electric-types an Electric Immunity switchin rather then than a lead, but it can switch in on Pokemon like such as Landorus, Heatran, and Garchomp, (RC) ect as well; (SC) it can also work early-game as a counter to Mega Salamence and Landorus-T or as a late-game cleaner, when its checks have been removed Its at its best when it is in late game and threats are removed or to simply remove Mega Salamance or Landorus-T early. However, if it can't hit any Pokemon for super effective damage get even one super effective hit or Wide Guard isn't useful effective, you need to remove it from the battlefield, (AC) as it will not be an effective Pokemon otherwise. The last important note is a lot of weird things get Lastly, many unexpected Pokemon can run Grass Knot, so be aware if of this that could be a possibility.

Team Options
========

Talonflame is Swampert'(apostrophe)s best partner friend, as it enjoys its Wide Gaurd Guard support and Swampert enjoys appreciates its Grass resistance and coverage moves. Swampert also it enjoys teammates members that scare and remove grass types like such as Mega Charizard Y, Breloom, and Amoonguss, ect that threaten and force out (personal, "scare" and "remove" can be used as well) Grass-types. Lastly it likes, like most Pokemon, things Pokemon that counter Mega Kangaskan, such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn, (AC) and Gengar, (AC) are appreciated as well.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
########
=============

Instead of running Protect, Mega Swampert one the first set you could use can run Wide Guard as an alternative form of protection (I would mention its unreliability, though). It can also Also on the first set you could run Aqua Tail for its higher Base Power, but you it loses lacks the flinch chance of Waterfall and it does not have a perfect accuracy. Then there are Fighting-type moves such as Power-Up Punch and Superpower you could run like Power Up Punch and Superpower in exchange for can be run instead of Ice Punch for different coverage to hit different targets, such as Ferrothorn. An alternateive EV spreads include Jolly nature and running 28 hp 252 Attack 228 Speed EV spread is 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe with a Jolly nature to outspeed Choice Scarfed Landorus-T under rain.

Checks & and Counters
########===================

**Wide Guard**: Wide Guard can block the Mega's Mega Swampert's Earthquake, which this can be used in your favor, if used on your side, the Pokemon that used it does take damage. (shouldn't this be in Team Options?) (Idk because I have no idea what this bit is saying.
(add space)

**Grass-type (add hyphen) Moves**: It Swampert is its major 4x weakness to Grass-type moves, and good bits of many Pokemon Pokémon have these type them of moves because a lot of Pokemon are weak to it Grass in the metagame.
(add space)
**Sun Teams**: (colon) Sun lowers the power of Water-type moves and counters any rain-based strategy; (SC) this mostly affects Mega Swampert the first set due to its heavy reliance on Swift Swim set but the 2nd set is affected as well .
(add space)
**Intimidate Users**: (colon) Intimidate is a very common ability in the format and lowers your Mega Swampert's Attack attack. (period) the attacking stat vital to Mega Swampert only, thankfully However, it the Attack drop doesn't last if you Mega Swampert switches out, (AC) and you get it has coverage moves for against most Intimidate users.(period) of these Pokemon
(add space)

**Burns**: (colon) Burns are another way factor to of lowering the Mega's Set Mega Swampert's attacking power (or just power), unlike lowering in attack, but there isn't an easy way of getting rid of the condition them, unlike the Attack drops from Intimidate.

Outstanding work, Haund.
GP 1/2

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Try using the Reply button on Snobalt's post to fix up the OP (remove the pink/red stuff, address the green/black, de-format the blue). I've also changed the title to GP 0/2 for now. Thanks :)

Try using the Reply button on Snobalt's post to fix up the OP (remove the pink/red stuff, address the green/black, de-format the blue). I've also changed the title to GP 0/2 for now. Thanks :)
Ehh, you're confusing me, I edited it in Word and then transferred here, all I need to do is add spaces, to my understanding

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just adding spaces won't fix the OP, because there are comments from the check that you've left in as a result of copying and pasting (like (add space) and (period)). If you use the Reply button, you'll get a copy of Snobalt's check with all the formatting intact. Implementing the check that way will lead to fewer mistakes. Try it out :)

Superbobbobbob3 here's a Copy and Paste for the first GP check, so we can move this along.

[OVERVIEW]

Swampert makes its first major appearance in VGC 2015 with two unusual roles: an anti-metagame Pokemon and great Mega Evolution for rain-based teams. Swampert does its jobs very well, being a great Mega Evolution under rain thanks to Swift Swim and having amazing base stats; however, it has a crippling 4x weakness to Grass, a fairly common type in the metagame. If your team is not reliant on rain, consider running other Mega Evolutions, as they have more to offer than Mega Swampert.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Waterfall is Mega Swampert's main STAB move and is boosted by Rain; even without rain, it deals very solid damage and has a small chance of making the foe flinch. Earthquake is another STAB move that hits a wide range of Pokemon for neutral damage. Ice Punch hits Grass- and Dragon-types that resist Swampert's STAB moves. Finally, Protect allows Swampert to safely Mega Evolve and scout for the foe's moves.

Set Details
========

Swampertite allows Swampert to Mega Evolve. An Adamant nature along with 252 Attack EVs makes Swampert's attacks hit as hard as possible. 148 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed Mega Sceptile under rain, while the rest of the EVs are put into HP to increase its bulk significantly. Its ability, Damp, only comes in handy against the very rare Explosion Mega Glalie, but it changes to Swift Swim when Swampert Mega Evolves.

Usage Tips
========

Rain is the most important thing for this set to work, and it needs to be up as much as possible, as Mega Swampert is not very effective without it. Another thing to keep in mind is that Swift Swim doesn't apply on the first turn, so use Protect to Mega Evolve safely.

Team Options
========

Politoed is Mega Swampert's best partner, as it is the only Pokemon in the format able to set up rain thanks to its ability. Pokemon with priority moves, such as Tornadus, Thundurus, and Talonflame, are good for both general support and mitigating Swampert's lack of priority. Other rain sweepers such as Ludicolo also make for good partners, as they can take advantage of the rain as well.

[SET]

Moves
========

Scald not only gets a STAB boost but also has a 30% burn chance that is great for hurting a large number of physical attackers in the metagame. Earth Power is Swampert's secondary STAB move that gets a chance of lowering the foe's Special Defense and hits only one target, unlike most Ground-type moves. Ice Beam hits Grass- and Dragon-types that resist or are immune to Swampert's STAB combination. Wide Guard works like a team-wide Protect, but it only protects your side against moves that hit more than one target, though many of them are pretty common in the metagame.

Set Details
========

The very specific 228 Special Attack EVs allow Swampert to OHKO Landorus-T, Heatran lacking Shuca Berry or Air Balloon, Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Talonflame, Garchomp, and offensive Mega Gengar with the appropriate moves. The EVs also allow it to 2HKO Aegislash in Shield forme, Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, and most Thundurus variants. The 12 Speed EVs allow Swampert to outspeed uninvested Tyranatar. 236 HP and 28 Defense EVs specifically allow it to survive Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge.

Usage Tips
========

Thanks to its immunity to Electric, Swampert is best used as a switch-in to Electric-types rather than a lead, but it can switch in on Pokemon such as Landorus, Heatran, and Garchomp as well; it can also work early-game as a counter to Mega Salamence and Landorus-T or as a late-game cleaner, when its checks have been removed. However, if it can't hit any Pokemon for super effective damage or Wide Guard isn't useful, you need to remove it from the battlefield, as it will not be an effective Pokemon. Lastly, many unexpected Pokemon can run Grass Knot, so be aware of this possibility.

Team Options
========

Talonflame is Swampert's best partner, as it enjoys its Wide Guard support and Swampert appreciates its Grass resistance and coverage moves. Swampert also enjoys teammates such as Mega Charizard Y, Breloom, and Amoonguss that threaten and force out Grass-types. Lastly, Pokemon that counter Mega Kangaskan, such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn, and Gengar, are appreciated as well.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Instead of running Protect, Mega Swampert can run Wide Guard as an alternative form of protection. It can also run Aqua Tail for its higher Base Power, but it lacks the flinch chance of Waterfall and does not have perfect accuracy. Fighting-type moves such as Power-Up Punch and Superpower can be run instead of Ice Punch to hit different targets, such as Ferrothorn. An alternative EV spreads is 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe with a Jolly nature to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T under rain.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-type Moves**: Swampert is 4x weak to Grass-type moves, and many Pokemon have them of moves because a lot of Pokemon are weak to Grass in the metagame.

**Sun Teams**: Sun lowers the power of Water-type moves and counters any rain-based strategy; this mostly affects Mega Swampert due to its heavy reliance on Swift Swim.

**Intimidate Users**: Intimidate is a very common ability in the format and lowers Mega Swampert's Attack. However, the Attack drop doesn't last if Mega Swampert switches out, and it has coverage moves for most Intimidate users.

**Burns**: Burns are another way of lowering the Mega Swampert's attacking power, but there isn't an easy way of getting rid of them, unlike the Attack drops from Intimidate.

Remember to pad out the Usage Tips on the Rain Mega set.

Last edited:
remove
add
comment

[OVERVIEW]

Swampert makes its first major appearance in VGC 2015 with two unusual roles: an anti-metagame Pokemon and great Mega Evolution for rain-based teams. Swampert does its jobs very well, being a great Mega Evolution under rain thanks to Swift Swim and having amazing base stats; however, it has a crippling 4x weakness to Grass,—(site standard)a fairly common type in the metagame. If your team is not reliant on rain, consider running other Mega Evolutions, as they have more to offer than Mega Swampert.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Waterfall is Mega Swampert's main STAB move and is boosted by Rain; even without rain, it deals very solid damage and has a small chance of making the foe flinch. Earthquake is another STAB move that hits a wide range of Pokemon for neutral damage. Ice Punch hits Grass- and Dragon-types that resist Swampert's STAB moves. Finally, Protect allows Swampert to safely Mega Evolve and scout for the foe's moves.

Set Details
========

Swampertite allows Swampert to Mega Evolve. An Adamant nature along with 252 Attack EVs makes Swampert's attacks hit as hard as possible. 148 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed Mega Sceptile under rain, while the rest of the EVs are put into HP to increase its bulk significantly. Its ability, Damp, only comes in handy against the very rare Explosion Mega Glalie, but it changes to Swift Swim when Swampert Mega Evolves.(consider moving the mention of Mega Swampert's ability to the beginning of the paragraph, alongside the mention of Swampertite, as it is key information for the set and sounds like an afterthought as is. i.e. the first sentence could be: "Pre-Mega Evolution, Swampert's ability, Damp, only comes in handy against the very rare Explosion Mega Glailie, however, it changes to Swift Swim, which is generally more useful, when Swampert Mega Evolves through its item, Swampertite.")

(This is very short... perhaps you can include some benchmarks for Swamperts offensive/defensive capabilities so that the reader has a general idea of how powerful it is?)

Usage Tips
========

Rain is the most important thing precondition for this set to work, and it needs to be up as much as possible, as Mega Swampert is not very effective without it. Another thing to keep in mind is that Swift Swim doesn't apply on the first turn the same turn Swampert Mega Evolves, so use Protect to Mega Evolve safely, if necessary. (Mention something about Drizzle only being temporary, and what that implies)

Team Options
========

Politoed is Mega Swampert's best partner, as it is the only Pokemon in the format able to set up rain thanks to its ability. Pokemon with priority moves, such as Tornadus, Thundurus, and Talonflame, are good for both general support (This is a good list, but it doesn't give me an idea of what flaws Swampert needs to compensate for.)and mitigating Swampert's lack of priority (Why is M. Swampert's lack of priority a problem? It should be p. fast if it's being used with Poli. Give a reason - the reader won't guess.). Other rain sweepers such as Ludicolo also make for good partners, as they can take advantage of the rain as well.

(You say that rain is necessary, but you are silent on how weather setters like Tyranitar and Charizard ,who both remove rain, effect M. Swampert's performance. How should the player build his team to mitigate the threat from Charizard, especially?)

[SET]

Moves
========
Scald not only gets a STAB boost but also has a 30% burn chance that is great for hurting a large number of physical attackers in the metagame. Earth Power is Swampert's secondary STAB move that gets a chance of lowering the foe's Special Defense and hits only one target, unlike most Ground-type moves. Ice Beam hits Grass- and Dragon-types that resist or are immune to Swampert's STAB combination. Wide Guard works like a team-wide Protect, but it that only protects your side against moves that hit more than one target, though many of them which are pretty common in the metagame.(last two changes subjective, because what you wrote sounded a bit too negative towards wide-guard - it sounded like you put protect on the set and mentioned wide guard as another option)

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Thanks to its immunity to Electric, Swampert is best used as a switch-in to Electric-types rather than as a lead (clearer parallel structure), but it can switch in on Pokemon such as Landorus, Heatran, and Garchomp as well; it . Swampert can also work early-game as a counter to Mega Salamence and Landorus-T or as a late-game cleaner, when its checks have been removed. ; however, if it can't hit any Pokemon on the field for super effective damage or if Wide Guard isn't useful, you need to remove it from the battlefield switch it out (subjective - works better with my edits), as it will not be an effective Pokemon. Lastly, many unexpected Pokemon can run Grass Knot and exploit Swampert's 4x weakness to Grass, so be aware of this possibility.

Team Options
========

Talonflame is Swampert's best partner, as it enjoys its Wide Guard support and Swampert appreciates its Grass resistance and coverage moves. Swampert also enjoys teammates such as Mega Charizard Y, Breloom, and Amoonguss that threaten and force out Grass-types. Lastly, Pokemon that counter Mega Kangaskan, such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn, and Gengar, are appreciated as well.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-type Moves**: Swampert is 4x weak to Grass-type moves, and many Pokemon have them of moves because a lot of Pokemon are weak to Grass in the metagame.

**Intimidate Users**: Intimidate is a very common ability in the format and lowers Mega Swampert's Attack. However, the Attack drop doesn't last if Mega Swampert switches out, and it Swampert (fix subject-verb ambiguity [attack drop or Swampert]) has coverage moves for most Intimidate users.

**Burns**: Burns are another way of lowering the Mega Swampert's attacking power, but there isn't an easy way of getting rid of them, unlike like there is for the Attack drops from Intimidate.

Trelloant Comments
Trelloant Changes
Trelloant Adds

[OVERVIEW]

Swampert makes its first major appearance in VGC 2015 with two unusual roles: an anti-metagame Pokemon and great Mega Evolution for rain-based teams. Swampert does its jobs very well, being a great Mega Evolution under rain thanks to Swift Swim and having amazing base stats(What are these base stats? Also besides mentioning the other set once you don't talk about it again in the Overview. That may be something to think about.); however, it has a crippling 4x weakness to Grass, a fairly common type in the current metagame. As Mega-Swampert relies on being in the rain other team archetypes are better off running a different mega Pokemon. If your team is not reliant on rain, consider running other Mega Evolutions, as they have more to offer than Mega Swampert.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Having Waterfall is as Mega Swampert's main STAB move and extremely powerful when it is boosted by Rain; even without rain, it deals very solid damage and has a small chance of making the foe flinch. Earthquake is another Swampert's second STAB move that hits a wide range of Pokemon for neutral damage. Earthquage also hits popular Pokemon like Aegislash and Heatran for Super Effective Damage. Ice Punch hits Grass- and Dragon-types that resist Swampert's STAB moves. Finally, Protect allows Swampert to safely Mega Evolve and gain the speed boost from Swift Swim and to scout for the foe's moves.

Set Details
========

Swampertite allows Swampert to Mega Evolve. (This is a little obvious and I don't really know if its required) An Adamant nature along with 252 Attack EVs makes Swampert's attacks hit as hard as possible. Having 148 Speed EVs allow Mega Swampert to outspeed Mega Sceptile under rain, while the rest of the EVs are put into HP to increase its bulk significantly. Its ability, Damp, only comes in handy against the very rare Explosion Mega Glalie, but it changes to Swift Swim when Swampert Mega Evolves. (You state here that Damp protects you against Mega-Glalie then below you say to Protect to mega safely. :|)

Usage Tips
========

Rain is the a most important thing,requirement for this set to work, and it so rain needs to be up as much as possible, as Mega Swampert is not very effective without it. Another thing to keep in mind is that Swift Swim doesn't apply on the first turn On the turn you Mega Evolve Swampert so use Protect to Mega Evolve safely if there is a threat to Mega-Swampert previous to Mega Evolution.

(Sorry again but all that you tell us is to protect and have rain? That doesn't tell me anything about USING Swampert. If possible add more.)

Team Options
========

Politoed is Mega Swampert's best partner, as it is the only Pokemon in the format able to set up rain thanks to its ability Politoed is one of the most popular partners for Mega-Swampert, However due to Mega-Swamperts ability activating on the turn after it Mega Evolves manual rain setters like Thundurus are also good partners. (Other pokemon can set rain.) Pokemon with priority moves, such as Tornadus, Thundurus, and Talonflame, are good for both general support and mitigating Swampert's lack of priority. Other rain sweepers such as Ludicolo also make for good partners, as they can take advantage of the rain as well.

[SET]

Moves
========

Scald not only gets a STAB boost but also has a 30% burn chance that is great for hurting a large number of physical attackers in the metagame. Earth Power is Swampert's secondary STAB move that gets a chance of lowering the foe's Special Defense and hits only one target, unlike most Ground-type moves. Ice Beam hits Grass- and Dragon-types that resist or are immune to Swampert's STAB combination. Wide Guard works like a team-wide Protect, but it only protects your side against moves that hit more than one target, though many of them are pretty common in the metagame.

Set Details
========

The very specific (A spread is a spread. No one neads to know, or cares, that the 228 Spread is "specific") 228 Special Attack EVs allow Swampert to OHKO Landorus-T, Heatran lacking Shuca Berry or Air Balloon, Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Talonflame, Garchomp, and offensive Mega Gengar with the appropriate moves. The EVs also allow it to 2HKO Aegislash in Shield forme, Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, and most Thundurus variants. The 12 Speed EVs allow Swampert to outspeed uninvested Tyranatar. 236 HP and 28 Defense EVs specifically allow it to survive Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge.

Usage Tips
========

Thanks to its immunity to Electric, Swampert is best used as a switch-in to Electric-types rather than a lead, but it can switch in on Pokemon such as Landorus, Heatran, and Garchomp as well; it can also work early-game as a counter to Mega Salamence and Landorus-T or as a late-game cleaner, when its checks have been removed. However, if it can't hit any Pokemon for super effective damage or Wide Guard isn't useful, you need to remove it from the battlefield, as it will not be an effective Pokemon. Lastly, many unexpected Pokemon can run Grass Knot, so be aware of this possibility.

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Checks and Counters
===================

**Burns**: Burns are another way of lowering the Mega Swampert's attacking power, but there isn't an easy way of getting rid of them, unlike the Attack drops from Intimidate.
Overview
########

Pros:
*One Weakness
*Great Stats after Mega Evolving
*Great Mega in Rain, with Swift Swim and all

Cons:
*4x Grass Weakness
*Better Megas to use if you’re not using rain
*Rain Nerf

RainMega
########
name: RainMega

Moves
========

*Waterfall is a strong, solid Water-type STAB move, with a small chance of flinching
*Earthquake is a STAB Ground-type move that hits all other Pokémon on the field
*Ice Punch is for hitting Grass-type and Dragon-type Pokémon that its over attacking moves will almost always be resisted damage or Immunity to it.
*Protect is for entering into the Mega Evolution, and for preventing damage.

Set Details
========

*Swampertite is to be able to Mega Evolve
*252 Atk is to hit hard with its attacks
*108 Hp for extra significant bulk
*148 Spd makes sure you outspeed Mega Sceptile in Rain
*Damp is protection for the never seen Explosion and Self Destruct, turns into Swift Swim afterwards

Usage Tips
========

*Keep rain up as much as possible, and protect when setting it back up
*Swift Swim does not activate when you have it Mega Evolve, so use Protect to get into the form saftly

Team Options
========

*Politoad
*Tornadus
*Other users of Priority, Like Thundurus
*Other rain players like Ludicolo

Anti-Meta
########
name: Anti-Meta
move 1:Scald
move 2:Earth Power
move 3:Ice Beam
move 4:Wide Guard
ability:Torrent

Moves
========

*Scald gets STAB and has a 30% chance of Burning, Great for hitting physical attackers
*Earth Power gets STAB also and has a chance of lower SpDef
*Ice Beam hits Grass-types Super Effective, which Grass moves are it weakness, and has a chance of Freezing the target.
*Wide Guard blocks any move that hits more than one target and prevents the damage, useful because there are many wide-ranged moves in the metagame

Set Details
========

*228 SpAtk allows you to get the OHKO on Landorus-T, Heatran (without Shuca/Air Balloon), Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Talonflame, Garchomp, and offensive Mega Gengar. It also allows 2HKOs on Aegislash-Shield, Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, and most Thundurus variants.
*12 Spd allows you to out-speed uninvested Tyranatar
*236 Hp and 28 Def allows you to survive a Double Edge from Mega Kangaskan
*4 SpDef is just for added bulk

Usage Tips
========

*Better not as a lead.
*Electric Immunity allow switchins, as well as on Pokémon like Landorus, Heatran, Thundurus, Zapdos, Garchomp, Rotom-H, etc.
*Works great late game to wreak teams when threatening Pokemon like Mega Kang are removed or to remove Mega Mance or Lando-T early.
*Remove from battle if it can’t get Super Effective hits or Wide Guard isn’t effective in the battle.
*Lastly look out for Potential Grass Knot.

Team Options
========

Talonflame can rid of Grass-types easily and likes support from Swampert as it breaks many of its counters and Rock Slides. Swampert likes other things that scare/ get rid of Grass-types such as Mega Charizard Y, Breloom, Amoonguss, ect. Lastly it likes things that counter Mega Kangaskan, such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn and Gengar.

Other Options
########

*Wide Guard on first set
*Fighting-Type Moves Like Power Up Punch and Superpower
*Aqua Tail
*Life Orb
*Jolly Nature
*Alternatively you can run 28 hp 252 Attack 228 Speed to outspeed up to Jolly Scarf Landorus-T.

Checks & Counters
########

**Wide Guard**: Wide Guard can block the Mega's Earthquake
**Grass Type Moves**: It is its 4x weakness, and good bits of Pokémon have these types of moves.
**Sun** Lowers the power of Water-type moves and Rain Strategy
**Intimidate**Very common ability in the format and lowers your attack, the attacking stat vital to Mega Swampert
**Burn** Another factor to lowering the Mega's Set attack power
____________________________________________________________________________________
Note: done on next set :)
Hi im posting for convience. Will finish later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)