PU Swanna

QC Checks: Magnemite, Montsegur, galbia
GP Checks: fleurdyleurse, frenzyplant

Overview
########

In a tier littered with entry hazard users, Swanna cements itself as the best offensive Defoggers. A strong Water / Flying STAB combination allows it to hit the majority of the tier for good damage, and a nice Speed tier allows Swanna to outspeed Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Chatot, and Frogadier. While Swanna has only an average Special Attack stat, its powerful STAB Hurricane and Life Orb can help to remedy this. Unfortunately, Swanna has poor bulk, meaning it can find itself getting KOed early in a match. It's also weak to Stealth Rock, which it's meant to remove, meaning it can get worn down easily if it needs to Defog a lot during the match.

Offensive Defog
########
name: Offensive Defog
move 1: Hurricane
move 2: Scald
move 3: Defog
move 4: Roost
ability: Hydration
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Hurricane is Swanna's most powerful Flying-type STAB move, dealing with Pokemon such as Roselia, Gourgeist-XL, Throh, and Gogoat. Scald provides a Water-type STAB attack that complements Hurricane well, hitting Pokemon such as Golem, Bastiodon, and Rampardos, which resist Hurricane. It also has a nice 30% chance to burn the foe, punishing switch-ins. Defog helps distinguish Swanna from other offensive Pokemon, allowing it to clear entry hazards for its teammates. Roost keeps Swanna healthy, especially considering Swanna will usually be taking Life Orb recoil and switching into Stealth Rock. If Swanna is being used on a rain team, Rest can be used with Hydration to fully heal it. It is, however, reliant on rain to be effective.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment with a Timid nature gives Swanna as much power and Speed as possible. Life Orb is used to power up Swanna's moves and makes it much harder to switch into. Hydration helps Swanna deal with status when playing against or being used on a rain team.

Usage Tips
========

Swanna should try to clear entry hazards for its teammates whenever possible, as Defog is one of the main reasons to use it. When Swanna is not clearing entry hazards, its main job will be to hit as hard as possible with its offensive moves. Try to use Roost often, or Swanna might find itself getting worn down too quickly. Lastly, if Swanna is out against a special wall and there are no entry hazards to remove, fishing for a Scald burn is usually the best option.

Team Options
========

As Swanna's role is to clear entry hazards for its team, Pokemon that dislike entry hazards appreciate Swanna's support; these include Scyther, Sneasel, and Flareon. Swanna also is a powerful offensive Pokemon, making entry hazard support from the likes of Golem, Marowak, and Camerupt is helpful. Do note, however, that Defog will also clear your own entry hazards, meaning that suicide leads such as Garbodor and Whirlipede are not recommended. Swanna hates Electric-types, making Pokemon such as Piloswine and Camerupt good partners to deal with them. Swanna also finds it difficult to break through Lickilicky, making Fighting-types such as Poliwrath and Throh helpful teammates. Sneasel and Mightyena make for good partners, as they appreciate Swanna's ability to deal with Poliwrath and Throh. Finally, if being used on a rain team, Rain Dance setters such as Volbeat can make Hurricane's accuracy 100% and power up Scald. Rain also allows Swanna to use Rest in combination with Hydration to fully heal itself.

Other Options
########

Air Slash is a nice move for when Swanna doesn't want to risk Hurricane's 70% accuracy, though it's quite weak. Surf can be used over Scald for its higher Base Power, but it doesn't achieve any notable KOs that Scald doesn't. Rain Dance is a decent option on rain teams to make Hurricane's accuracy 100% while also powering up Scald. Tailwind is an option to boost your teammates' Speed, but it's hard to find room for it on the set. Substitute can protect Swanna from status and other attacks, while Roost can heal up any damage taken from Substitute. However, this would mean that Swanna would have to give up Defog, which is the main reason to run it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Special Walls**: Special walls such as Lickilicky, Togetic, and Articuno have no trouble eating up Swanna's attacks and stalling it out with their recovery options. Articuno can use Freeze-Dry to hit Swanna 4x super effectively, while Lickilicky can phaze Swanna with Dragon Tail. However, unless the former two have Toxic, Roost Swanna will be difficult to take down.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-F, Raichu, Zebstrika, and Electabuzz can either take a hit or outspeed Swanna and OHKO it with STAB Thunderbolt. They can also gain momentum against Swanna with Volt Switch. None of them like switching directly into a Life Orb-boosted STAB Scald, however.

**Faster Pokemon**: Due to Swanna's poor bulk, most faster offensive threats that can hit Swanna decently hard can deal with it relatively easily. These include Sneasel, Tauros, Purugly, Stoutland in sand, Rapidash, Dodrio, and many more. Purugly can also switch into Defog and receive a +2 Attack boost due to Defiant. However, none of them like switching into Swanna's attacks.

Last edited:
I'd definitely go with Scald over surf, the burn chance far outweighs the measly 10 extra base power, unless you can find important KOes that Surf gets I, suggest slashing Scald first.

This looks good, not really much to add. I would remove "one of" from the first point of the overview, as it's by far the best offensive defogger in PU. You could also mention in usage tips that when the opponent has something that walls Swanna and there are no hazards for it to remove, trying to scald burn it on the switch is usually the best option. Also I guess you could mention that it's outclassed as a defensive defogger by pelipper and mantine, but this is kind of obvious so I'm not sure if it's necessary.

Anyway, really solid job on this overall, consider yourself QC 1/3

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think I'd ever use Air Slash over Roost. It's probably OO at best.

SubRoost should get a prominent mention in OO at least, for teams that do not need Defog. Subs on forced switches and punishes stuff with good coverage.

Yeah Substitute in OO was also going to have a mention of SubRoost.

Moved Air Slash to OO because it's definitely worthy of at least that lol.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Please give examples of scenarios that Swanna would face in C&C.

Do this and consider this 2/3 sorry this sat for so long.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have no idea what you mean by this @_@
I'm gonna quote TRC's post from my Gourgesit-S analysis, as atm I'm on my phone.
[Checks and Counters]
Compare the two
"**Status**: Status such as Toxic or burn can limit the number of Substitutes Gourgeist-S can make, while Thunder Wave lowers its Speed."
with
"**Respective Defensive Pokemon**: While both of Charizard's Mega formers elicit different responses, they do in fact have defensive answers, albeit rather few. Mega Charizard X is very difficult to switch into, especially since it can boost its Attack. Assuming the standard offensive sets (as Will-o-Wisp from the defensive one greatly cripples many potential answers), Quagsire, Landorus-T, Rhyperior, and Hippowdon are its most reliable counters, all of which threaten with STAB Earthquake. However, Quagsire can be 2HKOed by +0 Outrage, Landorus-T and Rhyperior lack reliable recovery, and even physically defensive Hippowdon can be worn down with a entry hazards until Mega Charizard X can force its way past it. Slowbro can recover off damage and doesn't care too much about Will-o-Wisp, though it can get OHKOed by +1 Outrage from a Dragon Dance set after some prior damage. Although typically not physically defensive, Heatran can stomach many hits and stall with Toxic if Mega Charizard X lacks Earthquake. Azumarill gets special mention for resisting every common attack Mega Charizard X has and can also generally tank Earthquake, though, like most of the aforementioned Pokemon, it is severely crippled by Will-o-Wisp. Mega Charizard Y's reliable switch-ins are also limited to specialized specially defensive Pokemon. Blissey and Chansey wall Mega Charizard Y hard and can heal back the damage while stalling it out with Seismic Toss and / or Toxic. Assault Vest Goodra and Snorlax are also notable for taking pittance from even its super effective moves and can attack back with hard-hitting moves, though they can be poor choices against other Pokemon in the metagame, and both lack reliable recovery, meaning that they can be worn down over a game's span with Mega Charizard Y's attacks. When sandstorm is up, Hippowdon can limit Solar Beam to being a two-turn move, and use this opportunity to OHKO Mega Charizard Y with Rock Slide or Stone Edge. Politoed can also do this, except it summons rain instead of sandstorm, which decreases the power of Fire Blast."

There NEEDS to be more specifics. I'm sorry, but there is no information here. Lets start with "Status".
"**Status**: Status such as Toxic or burn can limit the number of Substitutes Gourgeist-S can make, while Thunder Wave lowers its Speed."

Ok, by following this the reader would assume they should run Toxic or a status move on a random Pokemon and have insurance against Gourgeist-S. First of all, remove Thunder Wave, yes it affects the Speed advantage but it doesn't disturb its defensive merit outside of the 25% chance. For Toxic, you mention absolutely 0 examples of Pokemon with Toxic, and therefore no mention of whether these Pokemon with Toxic can switch into it without being cripples somewhat. The main set has Substitute. How many Toxic users in PU commonly use the move and have higher Speed? If Toxic is in Checks and Counters, mention users that can get it off before a Sub. Burn section same thing, but needs a mention of Scald.

"**Knock Off**: Knock Off can limit the number of Substitutes that Gourgeist-S can make by removing Leftovers."
No examples AND no mention that the move is super-effective.

Now, these are problematic, but uncommon. When one aims to defeat a Gourgeist-S, what do they do? Do they usually switch in a Toxic user or try to get a Knock Off to remove its Leftovers? The order should be relevant, and thus:
Fire-types / Ice-types / Flying-types / Grass-types / Knock Off / Status / Taunt / Substitute

"**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Ninetales and Flareon threaten Gourgeist-S out with their powerful Fire-type moves. They are also immune to Will-O-Wisp, and some of them even get a Flash Fire boost from it."
Examples of the Pokemon with Flash Fire is necessary, as is a mention of Heatmor. Note that they can't switch into Rock Slide.

"**Ice-types**: Ice-type Pokemon such as Aurorus and Articuno threaten Gourgeist-S out with powerful Ice-type moves."
More Ice-types (such as Glaceon), as well as the mention that they (especially Articuno) can not switch into Rock Slide. Specific scenarios are nice (see Charizard paragraph above).

"**Flying-types**: Flying-types such as Dodrio and Mantine threaten Gourgeist-S out with their super effective STAB Flying-type moves."
Move Chatot here, Rock Slide mention, specific scenarios.

I'd actually possibly combine all these into a category called "Offensive Typing Advantage" but that's up to you. A bit late now it seems.

"**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Victreebel and Serperior are immune to Leech Seed and can set up on Gourgeist-S."
Victreebel can't setup on it without Sub, only mention Sub Grass-types here.

Also oml nothing is wrong with the Taunt sentence but it's just so small seriously.

I hope this advice helps you throughout further analyses, and once I see change, a QC 4/3 is coming.
While it doesn't have to be as large as the one TRC quoted 2-3 lines are needed.

Any other questions about it I can help with, but quoting seemed the best way to explain.

Mention piloswine in the Pokémon that beat electric types section. The two have nice synergy and pilo can actually beat electric type unlike raichu and rotom who usually can't break them too well or take a ton from coverage like zeb's overheat.
Not sold on articuno being a good partner either. Mention sneasel though.

Add "faster Pokemon" in c&c
Tag me once you are done and I'll give a stamp

Ok galbia I think I did every thing, though I already had Revenge Killers (AKA Faster Pokemon) in C&C. Would you like me to change it all to "Faster Pokemon", split them up, or just keep it how it is now?

Also in hindsight those were bad partners, I replaced Rotom-F and Raichu with Piloswine and Camerupt.

i like "faster pokemon" more than revenge killers tbh

mention that electric type also gain initiative with volt switch against swanna
3/3

hi friend, amcheck :]

Add Remove (Comments)

Overview
########

Swanna cements itself as, by far, the best offensive Defog user in the tier. A strong Water / Flying STAB combination allows it to hit to majority of the tier for good damage. Swanna also hitshas a nice Speed tier that allows it to outspeed Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Chatot, and Frogadier. While Swanna haves only an OKaverage Special Attack stat, its powerful STAB moves in Hurricane and Life Orb remedy this somewhat. Unfortunately, Swanna has poor bulk, meaning it can find itself going down early in a match. It's also weak to the Stealth Rock it's meant to remove, meaning it can get worn down easily if it needs to Defog a lot during the match.

Offensive Defog
########

Moves
========

Hurricane is Swanna's most powerful Flying-type STAB move that deals with Pokemon such as Roselia, Gourgeist-XL, Throh, and Gogoat. Scald provides for a Water-type STAB attack that compliments Hurricane well, hitting Pokemon such as Golem, Bastiodon, and Rampardos, which resist Hurricane. It also has a nice 30% chance to burn the opponent, punishing switch-ins. Defog helps distinguish Swanna from other offensive Pokemon, allowing to to clear entry hazards for its teammates. Roost keeps Swanna healthy, especially considering Swanna will usually be taking Life Orb recoil and switching into Stealth Rock in order to remove them with Defog. Rest can be used with Hydration if Swanna is being used on a rain team to fully heal Swanna. It is, however, reliant on rain to be effective.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature provides for as much power and Speed as possible. Life Orb is used to power up Swanna's moves and makes it much harder to switch into. Hydration helps Swanna deal with status when playing against or being used on a rain team.

Usage Tips
========

Swanna should try to clear entry hazards for its teammates whenever possible, as it's one of the main reasons to use it. When Swanna is not clearing entry hazards, its main job will be to hit as hard as possible with its offensive moves. If Roost is being used,(Roost is the only slash, I guess hydration rest) Try to use Roost often, or else Swanna might find itself getting worn down too fast. Lastly, if Swanna is out against a special wall and there are no entry hazards to remove, fishing for a Scald burn is usually the best option.

Team Options
========

As Swanna's role is to clear entry hazards for its team, Pokemon that dislike entry hazards appreciate Swanna's support. These include Scyther, Sneasel, and Flareon. Swanna also is a powerful offensive Pokemon, making entry hazard support from the likes of Golem, Marowak, and Camerupt helpful. Do note, however, that Defog will also clear your own entry hazards, meaning that suicide leads such as Garbodor and Whirlipede are not recommended. Swanna hates Electric-types, making Pokemon such as Piloswine and Camerupt good partners to deal with these attacksthem(you're talking about Electric-types, not Electric-type attacks). Swanna also finds it difficult to break through Lickilicky, making Fighting-types such Poliwrath and Throh helpful teammates. Sneasel and Mightyena make good partners, as they appreciate Swanna's ability to deal with Poliwrath and Throh. Finally, if being used on a rain team, Rain Dance setters such as Volbeat can make Hurricane's accuracy 100% and power up Scald. Rain also meansallows Swanna canto use Rest in combinationconjunction with Hydration to fully heal itself.

Other Options
########

Air Slash is a nice move for when Swanna doesn't want to risk Hurricane's 70% accuracy, but it's quite weak otherwise. Surf can be used over Scald for its higher Base Power, but it doesn't achieve any notable KOs that Scald doesn't. Rain Dance is a decent option on rain teams to make Hurricane's accuracy 100% while also powering up Scald. Tailwind is an option to boost your teammate's'(move apostrophe outside s) Speed, but it's hard to find room for it on the set. Substitute can protect Swanna from status and other attacks, while Roost can heal up any damage taken from Substitute. However, this would mean that Swanna would have to give up Defog, which is the main reason to run it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Specially Defensive Walls**: Specially defensive walls such as Lickilicky, Togetic, and Articuno have no trouble eating uptaking Swanna's attacks and stalling it out with their recovery options, and.(remove comma, add period) Articuno can use Freeze-Dry to hit Swanna 4x super effectively.,(replace period with comma) and Lickilicky can also phaze Swanna with Dragon Tail. However, unless the former two have Toxic, Swanna with Roost will be difficult to take down.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-F, Raichu, Zebstrika, and Electabuzz either cancan either take a hit or outspeed Swanna and can OHKO with STAB Thunderbolt. They can also gain momentum against Swanna switch Volt Switch. None of them necessarily like switching directly into a STAB Life Orb-boosted Scald, however.(I feel that you should move however to the beginning of this sentence, though this is kinda subjective, so up to you)

**Faster Pokemon**: Due to Swanna's poor bulk, most faster offensive threats that can hit Swanna decently hard can deal with it relatively easily. These include Sneasel, Tauros, Purugly, Stoutland in sand, Rapidash, and Dordrio, and many more("and many more" is kind of implied, as you're listing examples). Purugly can also switch into Defog and receive a +2 Attack boost due to Defiant. However, none of them like switching into Swanna's attacks.

hi friend, amcheck :]

Add Remove (Comments)

Overview
########

Swanna cements itself as, by far, the best offensive Defog user in the tier. A strong Water / Flying STAB combination allows it to hit to majority of the tier for good damage. Swanna also hitshas a nice Speed tier that allows it to outspeed Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Chatot, and Frogadier. While Swanna haves only an OKaverage Special Attack stat, its powerful STAB moves in Hurricane and Life Orb remedy this somewhat. Unfortunately, Swanna has poor bulk, meaning it can find itself going down early in a match. It's also weak to the Stealth Rock it's meant to remove, meaning it can get worn down easily if it needs to Defog a lot during the match.

Offensive Defog
########

Moves
========

Hurricane is Swanna's most powerful Flying-type STAB move that deals with Pokemon such as Roselia, Gourgeist-XL, Throh, and Gogoat. Scald provides for a Water-type STAB attack that compliments Hurricane well, hitting Pokemon such as Golem, Bastiodon, and Rampardos, which resist Hurricane. It also has a nice 30% chance to burn the opponent, punishing switch-ins. Defog helps distinguish Swanna from other offensive Pokemon, allowing to to clear entry hazards for its teammates. Roost keeps Swanna healthy, especially considering Swanna will usually be taking Life Orb recoil and switching into Stealth Rock in order to remove them with Defog. Rest can be used with Hydration if Swanna is being used on a rain team to fully heal Swanna. It is, however, reliant on rain to be effective.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature provides for as much power and Speed as possible. Life Orb is used to power up Swanna's moves and makes it much harder to switch into. Hydration helps Swanna deal with status when playing against or being used on a rain team.

Usage Tips
========

Swanna should try to clear entry hazards for its teammates whenever possible, as it's one of the main reasons to use it. When Swanna is not clearing entry hazards, its main job will be to hit as hard as possible with its offensive moves. If Roost is being used,(Roost is the only slash, I guess hydration rest) Try to use Roost often, or else Swanna might find itself getting worn down too fast. Lastly, if Swanna is out against a special wall and there are no entry hazards to remove, fishing for a Scald burn is usually the best option.

Team Options
========

As Swanna's role is to clear entry hazards for its team, Pokemon that dislike entry hazards appreciate Swanna's support. These include Scyther, Sneasel, and Flareon. Swanna also is a powerful offensive Pokemon, making entry hazard support from the likes of Golem, Marowak, and Camerupt helpful. Do note, however, that Defog will also clear your own entry hazards, meaning that suicide leads such as Garbodor and Whirlipede are not recommended. Swanna hates Electric-types, making Pokemon such as Piloswine and Camerupt good partners to deal with these attacksthem(you're talking about Electric-types, not Electric-type attacks). Swanna also finds it difficult to break through Lickilicky, making Fighting-types such Poliwrath and Throh helpful teammates. Sneasel and Mightyena make good partners, as they appreciate Swanna's ability to deal with Poliwrath and Throh. Finally, if being used on a rain team, Rain Dance setters such as Volbeat can make Hurricane's accuracy 100% and power up Scald. Rain also meansallows Swanna canto use Rest in combinationconjunction with Hydration to fully heal itself.

Other Options
########

Air Slash is a nice move for when Swanna doesn't want to risk Hurricane's 70% accuracy, but it's quite weak otherwise. Surf can be used over Scald for its higher Base Power, but it doesn't achieve any notable KOs that Scald doesn't. Rain Dance is a decent option on rain teams to make Hurricane's accuracy 100% while also powering up Scald. Tailwind is an option to boost your teammate's'(move apostrophe outside s) Speed, but it's hard to find room for it on the set. Substitute can protect Swanna from status and other attacks, while Roost can heal up any damage taken from Substitute. However, this would mean that Swanna would have to give up Defog, which is the main reason to run it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Specially Defensive Walls**: Specially defensive walls such as Lickilicky, Togetic, and Articuno have no trouble eating uptaking Swanna's attacks and stalling it out with their recovery options, and.(remove comma, add period) Articuno can use Freeze-Dry to hit Swanna 4x super effectively.,(replace period with comma) and Lickilicky can also phaze Swanna with Dragon Tail. However, unless the former two have Toxic, Swanna with Roost will be difficult to take down.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-F, Raichu, Zebstrika, and Electabuzz either cancan either take a hit or outspeed Swanna and can OHKO with STAB Thunderbolt. They can also gain momentum against Swanna switch Volt Switch. None of them necessarily like switching directly into a STAB Life Orb-boosted Scald, however.(I feel that you should move however to the beginning of this sentence, though this is kinda subjective, so up to you)

**Faster Pokemon**: Due to Swanna's poor bulk, most faster offensive threats that can hit Swanna decently hard can deal with it relatively easily. These include Sneasel, Tauros, Purugly, Stoutland in sand, Rapidash, and Dordrio, and many more("and many more" is kind of implied, as you're listing examples). Purugly can also switch into Defog and receive a +2 Attack boost due to Defiant. However, none of them like switching into Swanna's attacks.
Implemented; thanks! :]

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
########

Swanna cements itself as, by far, the best offensive Defog user in the tier. A strong Water / Flying STAB combination allows it to hit tohe majority of the tier for good damage. Swanna also hitas a nice Speed tier that allows it to outspeed Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Chatot, and Frogadier. While Swanna has only an average Special Attack stat, its powerful STAB Hurricane and Life Orb remedy this somewhat. Unfortunately, Swanna has poor bulk, meaning it can find itself going downKOed early in a match. It's also weak to the Stealth Rock, which it's meant to remove, meaning it can get worn down easily if it needs to Defog a lot during the match.

Offensive Defog
########

Moves
========

Hurricane is Swanna's most powerful Flying-type STAB move that, dealsing with Pokemon such as Roselia, Gourgeist-XL, Throh, and Gogoat. Scald provides for a Water-type STAB attack that compliements Hurricane well, hitting Pokemon such as Golem, Bastiodon, and Rampardos, which resist Hurricane. It also has a nice 30% chance to burn the opponent foe, punishing switch-ins. Defog helps distinguish Swanna from other offensive Pokemon, allowing to to clear entry hazards for its teammates. Roost keeps Swanna healthy, especially considering Swanna will usually be taking Life Orb recoil and switching into Stealth Rock in order to remove them with Defog. Rest can be used with Hydration if Swanna is being used on a rain team to fully heal Swannait. It is, however, reliant on rain to be effective.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature providgives forSwanna as much power and Speed as possible. Life Orb is used to power up Swanna's moves and makes it much harder to switch into. Hydration helps Swanna deal with status when playing against or being used on a rain team.

Usage Tips
========

Swanna should try to clear entry hazards for its teammates whenever possible, as itDefog's one of the main reasons to use it. When Swanna is not clearing entry hazards, its main job will be to hit as hard as possible with its offensive moves. Try to use Roost often, or else Swanna might find itself getting worn down too fast. Lastly, if Swanna is out against a special wall and there are no entry hazards to remove, fishing for a Scald burn is usually the best option.

Team Options
========

As Swanna's role is to clear entry hazards for its team, Pokemon that dislike entry hazards appreciate Swanna's Defog support. T; these include Scyther, Sneasel, and Flareon. Swanna also is a powerful offensive Pokemon, making entry hazard support from the likes of Golem, Marowak, and Camerupt helpful. Do note, however, that Defog will also clear your own entry hazards, meaning that suicide leads such as Garbodor and Whirlipede are not recommended. Swanna hates Electric-types, making Pokemon such as Piloswine and Camerupt good partners to deal with them. Swanna also finds it difficult to break through Lickilicky, making Fighting-types such Poliwrath and Throh helpful teammates. Sneasel and Mightyena make for good partners, as they appreciate Swanna's ability to deal with Poliwrath and Throh. Finally, if being used on a rain team, Rain Dance setters such as Volbeat can make Hurricane's accuracy 100% and power up Scald. Rain also allows Swanna to use Rest in combination with Hydration to fully heal itself.

Other Options
########

Air Slash is a nice move for when Swanna doesn't want to risk Hurricane's 70% accuracy, buthough it's quite weak otherwise. Surf can be used over Scald for its higher Base Power, but it doesn't achieve any notable KOs that Scald doesn't. Rain Dance is a decent option on rain teams to make Hurricane's accuracy 100%, while also powering up Scald. Tailwind is an option to boost your teammates' Speed, but it's hard to find room for it on the set. Substitute can protect Swanna from status and other attacks, while Roost can heal up any damage taken from Substitute. However, this would mean that Swanna would have to give up Defog, which is the main reason to run it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Specially Defensive Walls**: Specially defensive walls such as Lickilicky, Togetic, and Articuno have no trouble eating up Swanna's attacks and stalling it out with their recovery options. Articuno can use Freeze-Dry to hit Swanna 4x super effectively, while Lickilicky can phaze Swanna with Dragon Tail. However, unless the former two have Toxic, Swanna with Roostey will not be difficultable to take downout Roost-carrying Swanna with ease.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-F, Raichu, Zebstrika, and Electabuzz can either take a hit or outspeed Swanna and can OHKO it with STAB Thunderbolt. They can also gain momentum against Swanna switch Volt Switch. None of them necessarily like switching directly into a STAB Life Orb-boosted Scald, however.

**Faster Pokemon**: Due to Swanna's poor bulk, most faster offensive threats that can hit Swanna decently hard can deal with it relatively easily. These include Sneasel, Tauros, Purugly, Stoutland in sand, Rapidash, and Dodrio, and many more. Purugly can also switch into Defog and receive a +2 Attack boost due to Defiant. However, none of them like switching into Swanna's attacks.

GP 1/2

Last edited:
hi
########

Swanna cements itself as, by far, the best offensive Defog user in the tier. A strong Water / Flying STAB combination allows it to hit tohe majority of the tier for good damage. Swanna also hitas a nice Speed tier that allows it to outspeed Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Chatot, and Frogadier. While Swanna has only an average Special Attack stat, its powerful STAB Hurricane and Life Orb remedy this somewhat. Unfortunately, Swanna has poor bulk, meaning it can find itself going downKOed early in a match. It's also weak to the Stealth Rock, which it's meant to remove, meaning it can get worn down easily if it needs to Defog a lot during the match.

Offensive Defog
########

Moves
========

Hurricane is Swanna's most powerful Flying-type STAB move that, dealsing with Pokemon such as Roselia, Gourgeist-XL, Throh, and Gogoat. Scald provides for a Water-type STAB attack that compliements Hurricane well, hitting Pokemon such as Golem, Bastiodon, and Rampardos, which resist Hurricane. It also has a nice 30% chance to burn the opponent foe, punishing switch-ins. Defog helps distinguish Swanna from other offensive Pokemon, allowing to to clear entry hazards for its teammates. Roost keeps Swanna healthy, especially considering Swanna will usually be taking Life Orb recoil and switching into Stealth Rock in order to remove them with Defog. Rest can be used with Hydration if Swanna is being used on a rain team to fully heal Swannait. It is, however, reliant on rain to be effective.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature providgives forSwanna as much power and Speed as possible. Life Orb is used to power up Swanna's moves and makes it much harder to switch into. Hydration helps Swanna deal with status when playing against or being used on a rain team.

Usage Tips
========

Swanna should try to clear entry hazards for its teammates whenever possible, as itDefog's one of the main reasons to use it. When Swanna is not clearing entry hazards, its main job will be to hit as hard as possible with its offensive moves. Try to use Roost often, or else Swanna might find itself getting worn down too fast. Lastly, if Swanna is out against a special wall and there are no entry hazards to remove, fishing for a Scald burn is usually the best option.

Team Options
========

As Swanna's role is to clear entry hazards for its team, Pokemon that dislike entry hazards appreciate Swanna's Defog support. T; these include Scyther, Sneasel, and Flareon. Swanna also is a powerful offensive Pokemon, making entry hazard support from the likes of Golem, Marowak, and Camerupt helpful. Do note, however, that Defog will also clear your own entry hazards, meaning that suicide leads such as Garbodor and Whirlipede are not recommended. Swanna hates Electric-types, making Pokemon such as Piloswine and Camerupt good partners to deal with them. Swanna also finds it difficult to break through Lickilicky, making Fighting-types such Poliwrath and Throh helpful teammates. Sneasel and Mightyena make for good partners, as they appreciate Swanna's ability to deal with Poliwrath and Throh. Finally, if being used on a rain team, Rain Dance setters such as Volbeat can make Hurricane's accuracy 100% and power up Scald. Rain also allows Swanna to use Rest in combination with Hydration to fully heal itself.

Other Options
########

Air Slash is a nice move for when Swanna doesn't want to risk Hurricane's 70% accuracy, buthough it's quite weak otherwise. Surf can be used over Scald for its higher Base Power, but it doesn't achieve any notable KOs that Scald doesn't. Rain Dance is a decent option on rain teams to make Hurricane's accuracy 100%, while also powering up Scald. Tailwind is an option to boost your teammates' Speed, but it's hard to find room for it on the set. Substitute can protect Swanna from status and other attacks, while Roost can heal up any damage taken from Substitute. However, this would mean that Swanna would have to give up Defog, which is the main reason to run it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Specially Defensive Walls**: Specially defensive walls such as Lickilicky, Togetic, and Articuno have no trouble eating up Swanna's attacks and stalling it out with their recovery options. Articuno can use Freeze-Dry to hit Swanna 4x super effectively, while Lickilicky can phaze Swanna with Dragon Tail. However, unless the former two have Toxic, Swanna with Roostey will not be difficultable to take downout Roost-carrying Swanna with ease.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-F, Raichu, Zebstrika, and Electabuzz can either take a hit or outspeed Swanna and can OHKO it with STAB Thunderbolt. They can also gain momentum against Swanna switch Volt Switch. None of them necessarily like switching directly into a STAB Life Orb-boosted Scald, however.

**Faster Pokemon**: Due to Swanna's poor bulk, most faster offensive threats that can hit Swanna decently hard can deal with it relatively easily. These include Sneasel, Tauros, Purugly, Stoutland in sand, Rapidash, and Dodrio, and many more. Purugly can also switch into Defog and receive a +2 Attack boost due to Defiant. However, none of them like switching into Swanna's attacks.

GP 1/2
Implemented and ready for check #2 :]

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2/2 :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########

In a tier littered with entry hazard users, Swanna cements itself as one of the best offensive Defoggers in PU. A strong Water / Flying STAB combination allows it to hit the majority of the tier for good damage, and a nice Speed tier allows Swanna to outspeed Pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Chatot, and Frogadier. While Swanna has only an average Special Attack stat, its powerful STAB Hurricane and Life Orb can remedy this somewhat. Unfortunately, Swanna has poor bulk, meaning it can find itself getting KOed early in a match. It's also weak to Stealth Rock, which it's meant to remove, meaning it can get worn down easily if it needs to Defog a lot during the match.

Offensive Defog
########

Moves
========

Hurricane is Swanna's most powerful Flying-type STAB move, dealing with Pokemon such as Roselia, Gourgeist-XL, Throh, and Gogoat. Scald provides a Water-type STAB attack that complements Hurricane well, hitting Pokemon such as Golem, Bastiodon, and Rampardos (remove comma) which resist Hurricane. It also has a nice 30% chance to burn the foe, punishing switch-ins. Defog helps distinguish Swanna from other offensive Pokemon, allowing to it to clear entry hazards for its teammates. Roost keeps Swanna healthy, especially considering Swanna will usually be taking Life Orb recoil and switching into Stealth Rock. If Swanna is being used on a rain team, Rest can be used with Hydration if Swanna is being used on a rain team to fully heal it. It is, however, reliant on rain to be effective.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed investment with a Timid nature gives Swanna as much power and Speed as possible. Life Orb is used to power up Swanna's moves and makes it much harder to switch into. Hydration helps Swanna deal with status when playing against or being used on a rain team.

Usage Tips
========

Swanna should try to clear entry hazards for its teammates whenever possible, as Defog is one of the main reasons to use it. When Swanna is not clearing entry hazards, its main job will be to hit as hard as possible with its offensive moves. Try to use Roost often, or Swanna might find itself getting worn down too quickly fast. Lastly, if Swanna is out against a special wall and there are no entry hazards to remove, fishing for a Scald burn is usually the best option.

Team Options
========

As Swanna's role is to clear entry hazards for its team, Pokemon that dislike entry hazards appreciate Swanna's support; these include Scyther, Sneasel, and Flareon. Swanna also is a powerful offensive Pokemon, making entry hazard support from the likes of Golem, Marowak, and Camerupt is helpful. Do note, however, that Defog will also clear your own entry hazards, meaning that suicide leads such as Garbodor and Whirlipede are not recommended. Swanna hates Electric-types, making Pokemon such as Piloswine and Camerupt good partners to deal with them. Swanna also finds it difficult to break through Lickilicky, making Fighting-types such as Poliwrath and Throh helpful teammates. Sneasel and Mightyena make for good partners, as they appreciate Swanna's ability to deal with Poliwrath and Throh. Finally, if being used on a rain team, Rain Dance setters such as Volbeat can make Hurricane's accuracy 100% and power up Scald. Rain also allows Swanna to use Rest in combination with Hydration to fully heal itself.

Other Options
########

Air Slash is a nice move for when Swanna doesn't want to risk Hurricane's 70% accuracy, though it's quite weak. Surf can be used over Scald for its higher Base Power, but it doesn't achieve any notable KOs that Scald doesn't. Rain Dance is a decent option on rain teams to make Hurricane's accuracy 100% while also powering up Scald. Tailwind is an option to boost your teammates' Speed, but it's hard to find room for it on the set. Substitute can protect Swanna from status and other attacks, while Roost can heal up any damage taken from Substitute. However, this would mean that Swanna would have to give up Defog, which is the main reason to run it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Specially Defensive Walls**: Specially defensive walls such as Lickilicky, Togetic, and Articuno have no trouble eating up Swanna's attacks and stalling it out with their recovery options. Articuno can use Freeze-Dry to hit Swanna 4x super effectively, while Lickilicky can phaze Swanna with Dragon Tail. However, unless the former two have Toxic, Roost Swanna with Roost will be is difficult to take down.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Rotom-F, Raichu, Zebstrika, and Electabuzz can either take a hit or outspeed Swanna and proceed to OHKO it Swanna with STAB Thunderbolt. They can also gain momentum against Swanna switch with Volt Switch. None of them like switching directly into a STAB Life Orb-boosted STAB Scald, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)