SM OU Sweep Loocha Team (built by max 1700 player)

Heatran @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 156 HP / 92 SpA / 128 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 180 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Psycho Cut
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Hail
- Hypnosis

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Explosion

My stab at a Hawlucha sweep team.
Da Core: Hawlucha and Lele work really well together, Lele really just trying to make Hawlucha's ez job a smidge easier. Faster obviously than pretty much everything unscarfed and all megas. you're mostly clicking your Psychic move here, as it's basically specsed by the terrain. i often quickly check which of the opponents defenses is lower. moonblast and fire coverage obvious, but really you wont ohko ferrothorn and no point of hitting something for the 2x multiplier. should go without saying manage it well for your Loocha, its what I consider ez winning with these two, vs as many as 4-5, literally. especially with aurora veil up! im not encouraging that though lul

Da Support
Lando is lebron and he is season 15 lebron, the ultimate team player. sash to stay alive, stealth rocks cuz its good, swords dance and explode to dent it all, kill a lot. Assault vest tran to soak up special attacks, beating less well dressed heatran. standard ninetails alola. hypnosis is really 2/3 so consider that. hail up when other weather is in the back. i try to get up two a game. honestly, i'm less sure about these last two pokes, i have tried many things with this team and im fairly comfortable with this for a week or so. kartana could go where ninetails is.

Da Law
One kick man has 600 attack and above average speed. come in untimidated on anything slower than 328 speed and attack accordingly. i like psycho cut but i've seen t punch and bullet punch. hjk is a neccessary evil in the sweetest sense. it barely misses, and when it does, you can really only shrug. hawlucha is steroids. the only thing i think that resists its stabs is koko. after one swords dance 600 attack, and 600 speed, not weak to stealth rocks. do what you will. i feel scarf kartana is popular where cham is as well but right now i prefer okm.

weak to residual damage including hail and ferrothorn. kinda weak to greninja. but that may be because greninja is tough to prep for. *alien emoji* let me know of your successes and failures!

Reactions: DKM

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, cool team. I like the idea of Hawlucha on a veil team. Although some pokemon choices seem a little odd to me. Most notable being Medicham and AV Heatran, neither of them really benefit from aurora veil so I think there could be better options.

As you mentioned Greninja is an issue. The team also lacks a reliable way to beat stall, as most variants carry Zapdos to take on Hawlucha.

MAJOR CHANGES

130-m.png> 308-m.png: First I suggest changing your mega to Gyarados who benefits alot from veil, usually being able to get an extra DD thanks to it. This could also help against Greninja to an extent as you resist both STABs and can attempt to setup or damage it. You also have Taunt to to help against stall.

electriumz.png801.png>assaultvest.png485.png: Next I would suggest changing Heatran to a setup Magearna, who can be a huge threat behind veil. Electrium Z allows you to break through things like Toxapex, Celesteela and eventually Heatran easier. The last slot is Calm Mind which makes you not only stronger but alot harder to revenge-kill.

MINOR CHANGES

choicescarf.png786.pngMinor EV change: Not too sure why your Tapu Lele has 180 HP, but I strongly recommend using 252 SpAtk to hit as hard as possible. Especially on a scarf set that acts as your revenge-killer and maybe a late-game cleaner.

psychicseed.png701.pngMinor EV change: This is quite nitpicky but I suggest changing the 124 EVs from defense and putting most of them in HP, so you can take both special and physical attacks better.

Last Notes

The team still has some weaknesses such as Tapu Koko, Kartana (depending on the set) and Greninja, especially if Gyarados gets weakened.

For Koko or Greninja I would lead Landorus and attack right away (EQ or boom). Against Kartana I would scout the set then try to play around it with Magearna and Lele.

This was quite a fun team to rate, I hope these changes make the team more effective. Good luck :]

Importable
~~801.png786.png701.png130-m.png038-a.png645-s.png~~​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)