Sweeper Team NEED HELP

I am a newbie of Pokemon and I was thinking of making a sweeper team. I wonder if this is gonna help me get any further:

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Brick Break

When I use him in battles, all he has ever done was landing one hit KO. My Haxorus is a crazy sweeper, but the thing is that he can't take much damage.

Sawsbuck @ Big Roots
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)

~ Leech Seed
~ Horn Leech
~ Swords Dance
~ Wild Charge

Using Big Roots, I can make him almost immortal. Using Leech Seed and Horn Leech gives me so much time to use 3 times Swords Dance. Horn Leech is normally my main damage, but I use Wild Charge occasionally. I know this is really weak to dragon types, but it at least has what it takes to defeat one right? 3 Swords dance is enough.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)

~ Focus Punch
~ Crunch
~ Dragon Dance
~ Substitute

For this guy, I first start off with substitute. Then, I use 2 or 3 times Dragon Dance, then go for a Focus Punch. Substitute is such a great move to charge up buffs and land off a great Focus Punch fairly easily.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Def
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)

~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ X-Scissor
~ Stone Edge

This guy is such a wall. Even without his ability, he can do massive things with just his moves. Swords Dance + Life Orb is a great combination, even just using Swords Dance once, I can just sweep through the whole other team.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SpAtk / 4 HP
Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)

~ Thunder Bolt
~ Thunder Wave
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power (Ice)

This guy is the BEAST! Even without Thunder Wave, anyone could hardly suppress his extraordinary speed. But with Thunder Wave, it means Game Over! Item is a Life Orb, and his Thunder Bolt STAB is a lot for almost any pokemon. ALMOST. But sometimes, some people is faster than my Jolteon, and koed it, I was unable to use Thunder Wave. Damn.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Spd
Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)

~ Psychic
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ Recover

This one has an unending life because of Recover. It is a bit too overused but it is indeed a great sweeper. Spamming high attack moves is just one of the best things about Reuniclus. How can we do that? RECOVER!

So yeah, that's it for my team. I NEED HELP! PLEASE HELP ME! THANK YOU!

Hey i'm Astark. Let me see if i can help you out a bit.
On your Haxorus 97 base speed is usually decent in lower tiers but it's hard to use in OU with so many pokemon at/above 100 base speed so you should probably use a Choice Scarf so you can hit as many things possible for max damage. Also i would recommend given Mold Breaker usage over Rivalry for the simply fact that people have been turning their Walls into females just to avoid this. Mold Breaker has the advantage of removing the hindering abilties (i.e. Gengar & Rotom's Levitate) So you can KO with super effective Earthquakes.
Sawsbuck is best used in a team with Sun because his typing makes him weak to the ever present Fighting-type priority moves as well to the common Hidden Power [Fire]. I would replace him with something to help your weakness/resistances like Volcarona.
The only real reason to use Excadrill is to either: A~Be your sand sweeper or B~Check other sand teams. You should stick to Sand Rush because once a Tyranitar/Hippowdon sets up they can send in the teammates to go to town on you. Brick Break only hits Heatran & Blissey for acceptable damage where your Stab Earthquakes will do the same damage. You should switch it to X-scissor for SE damage on the Psychic & Grass types.
Jolteon is fine just beware of the few pokes who are faster, priority, or a ground with an ice resistance.
You can take Leftovers off Reuniclus & give him a life orb because he won't take recoil thanks to Magic Guard & Recover will keep him healthy anyway.

As your team stands now your biggest weakness is to Fighting-type with three pokemon who are 2x weak to it & only 1 resistance to it meaning, Conkeldurr, Machamp, Mienshao & company can set up on you with ease.

Thanks very much man. But what should I replace with Sawsbuck? I really like the idea about the Big Roots Draining Swords Dance Combination.

Have a team full of sweepers is just... not good. Sun teams with will o wisp hand seems to destroy you team.

Ninetales with max defense will definately live at least one attack from haxorous and willo wisp it making it useless. It also checks your sawsbuck and doryuuzu, but really doryuuzu should only be used in sand teams since it is so frail and the speed was the only saving grace in sand teams.

Dragon dance just doesn't work on scrafty when I use it Bulk up is better IMO. Also subpunching set is cool the fact that a pokemon can resist the dark STAB and prevent you from sub/punching you makes scrafty useless. Drainpunch/Hi-jump kick is a better fighting stab. Overall I don't like substitute on scrafty because is has access to thunderpunch to beat Skarmony which walls four of your Pokemon very easily.

Infernape with the close combat, flare blitz and U-turn also create problems with your team hitting super effective moves on four of your Pokemon.

Take of your doryuuzu and replace it with Starmie since you have four physically attacking pokemon and 2 on the special side to start with to balance it. Starmie also hav thunderbolt, ice beam, and stab surf to beat your fire weakness. Switch into Sawsbuck to take the predicted grass if need be.

Also I don't like big roots on Sawsbuck with my history with them I think leftovers is just out right better.

You should watch out for priority users such as Scizor (Bullet Punch) and Conkeldurr (Mach Punch). Specially the later because if Reuniclus is dead he sweeps the entire team after a Bulk Up.

I would recommend Gyarados in the place of Scrafty. Checks the two Pokés mentioned above and may serve as a lure to active Jolteon's Volt Absorb.

Im going to give you the dire help you need. These people above seem to know what theyre talking about but Ill give you a better insight. First off there technically is no such thing as a sweeper team, the only time this team would work is outside of competitive pokemon, like in the actually story portion of the game. The key to a good team is good synergy. Synergy in heinsight is how each pokemon supports eachothers weakness'. For example, your excadrill is most commonly (and when I mean most commonly I mean 99.9% of the time) used on sandstorm based teams. If you plan to keep excadrill then I would build around its sweeping potential and its counters. You cant just throw together six pokemon and expect to OHKO everything, the competitive pokemon metagame doesnt work like that. Sawsbuck is next to useless without sun support from ninetales (very similar to excadrill) If you dont plan to keep using Excadrill after this or sawsbuck Id replace them with two very common OU pokes Rotom-W and Scizor. Both are staples in OU and fit on practically any team. Haxorus seems like a good idea, but if you feel you need the extra speed I would run jolly. Teams cant be complete without support from more defensive pokemon, commonly referred to as "Walls". These pokemon tend to give "sweeping pokemon a hard time trying to score a KO. The most commonly used wall is ferrothorn. He has a plethora of resistances, tricky immunity, amazing defence and special defence, and access to basically every entry hazard that your team would need support from (barring toxic spikes). So what I would recommend to you is swap out excadrill and sawsbuck for Rotom-W and Scizor. Also scrafty would ruin the synergy so try to fit in ferrothorn there for hazard support. This is something Im on the edge on, you can utilize Jolteon very well, what you can do is swap reuniculus for gyarados and theres perfect synergy. Gyarados' main haunting weakness is electric and its sponged by jolteons ability volt absorb and Jolteon's only weakness ground will not affect gyarados at all. Other than that, Have fun sweeping!

The problem with 6 sweepers is that they usually have low defeses if they don't have a method of recovery. Try getting rid of the Pokemon you don't need and put in a pokemon that has defese, like shuckle or skarmory; or a pokemon that can heal others in your team with wish or healing wish, such as vaporeon or blissey. But, don't create a team full of walls either. DaRkRaii's advice helps you a lot.

Im going to give you the dire help you need. These people above seem to know what theyre talking about but Ill give you a better insight. First off there technically is no such thing as a sweeper team, the only time this team would work is outside of competitive pokemon, like in the actually story portion of the game. The key to a good team is good synergy. Synergy in heinsight is how each pokemon supports eachothers weakness'. For example, your excadrill is most commonly (and when I mean most commonly I mean 99.9% of the time) used on sandstorm based teams. If you plan to keep excadrill then I would build around its sweeping potential and its counters. You cant just throw together six pokemon and expect to OHKO everything, the competitive pokemon metagame doesnt work like that. Sawsbuck is next to useless without sun support from ninetales (very similar to excadrill) If you dont plan to keep using Excadrill after this or sawsbuck Id replace them with two very common OU pokes Rotom-W and Scizor. Both are staples in OU and fit on practically any team. Haxorus seems like a good idea, but if you feel you need the extra speed I would run jolly. Teams cant be complete without support from more defensive pokemon, commonly referred to as "Walls". These pokemon tend to give "sweeping pokemon a hard time trying to score a KO. The most commonly used wall is ferrothorn. He has a plethora of resistances, tricky immunity, amazing defence and special defence, and access to basically every entry hazard that your team would need support from (barring toxic spikes). So what I would recommend to you is swap out excadrill and sawsbuck for Rotom-W and Scizor. Also scrafty would ruin the synergy so try to fit in ferrothorn there for hazard support. This is something Im on the edge on, you can utilize Jolteon very well, what you can do is swap reuniculus for gyarados and theres perfect synergy. Gyarados' main haunting weakness is electric and its sponged by jolteons ability volt absorb and Jolteon's only weakness ground will not affect gyarados at all. Other than that, Have fun sweeping!
I really appreciate what you suggested. But... The thing is, I cannot catch myself a Rotom. It's a bit too hard to get one. I will recreate my team. Please check my new thread when I'm finished! :) Thanks a lot for your advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)