Research Swiggidy Swag what's in the Soot Sack

Perhaps the least talked about thing in this entire game: The Soot Sack.

Unlike the original games, this mystical bag of volcano dust seems to work on "grams" collected rather than steps. This MATTERS in the fact that simply just walking around in the "shaking" soot grass does not inherently collect a fair amount of soot. I believe walking around for A WHILE in the grass does; however a bulk of the soot seems to be collected from the big piles of soot that explode upon contact.

I've noticed some of the sounds vary from soot pile to soot pile, such as fast "fwooshes" to heavier "fwooshing" sounds. For the love of god I can't believe I'm even talking about dust.

But gosh flipping darnit I want that Elegant Desk.

I already got the chair, but my initial concern here is that it seems like the soot collecting mechanics have changed, making this challenge... harder?

I'm a patient man, but dear lord it seems like this is taking fairly longer to work towards this desk and chair than it did in the original games (and that was a LOT to begin with too).

**What's you guys's's's' opinion on this lovely bag?
**Any tips you've found on collecting greater volumes of soot???

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Make your secret base next to the group of four soot piles. Keep collecting the four piles and reenter your base to respawn them. Within an hour you should have enough soot for a table. Another way is to use the three piles next to the house and enter it to respawn the piles. If you don't want to move bases, do that.

There seems to be a 10% chance for the heavy sounds to be made, and it yields from 22-100g
The average seems to be around 16-17g

Source: the guy that made this

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just want to add that, using the three piles next to the house, the average time for getting enough ash for the Elegant Desk is around 40 minutes.

And it's totally worth it so I'm bumping this thread so everyone can get some glassy swag for their Bases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)