LC Swinub

BloodAce

Untier Connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
[OVERVIEW]
Despite its good offensive typing and solid movepool, Swinub is held back by its poor bulk and Speed stat as well as a bad defensive typing. Swinub heavily competes with other Stealth Rock setters such as Onix and Tirtouga, the former of which has higher Speed stat and the latter of which has higher offensive capabilities to pressure entry hazard removers. Both Onix and Tirtouga also have access to Sturdy and are able to switch into Flying-types such as Vullaby due to their higher physical bulk.

[SET]
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Ice Shard
move 4: Endeavor
item: Focus Sash
ability: Oblivious
nature: Jolly
evs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This set attempts to act as a Stealth Rock setter through the use of a Focus Sash. However, Swinub's poor bulk and defensive typing limit its longevity and leave it unable to keep entry hazards up, leaving Swinub outclassed by other Stealth Rock setters such as Onix, Tirtouga, and Pawniard.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[BloodAce, 435539]]
- Quality checked by: [[Fiend, 208173], [Nineage, 195129]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited:
amcheck (not official qc)

[overview]
I wouldn't mention oblivious as a reason to use Swinub, as it's an average ability. the rest is fine but I'm going to recommend a set change.

[set]
FEAR sets are bad, I'd use something like a scarf set to utilise its offensive typing (ice is good against common flying, ground and grass types)
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Superpower
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Thick Fat
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe

[set comments]
I wouldn't put say that diglett can pressure hazard removers, otherwise fine

[credits]
second line should be
Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
note the lack of hyphen at the start and the second ] instead of ,
remove the hyphens from the start of each line

I wouldn't change the set unless a qc team member approves this

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
I feel like I can safely say I have used Swinub far more than usual, and actually got decent utility out of it with sash endeavor. Using Scarf Swinub is pretty awful even as far as bad Pokemon go, especially since it can set SR to middling success. I'm not 100% certain I want to recommend going with Sash however; for now keep it though.

[Overview]
Siding with EnzoLapras here, remove Oblivious mention.
I feel like Omanyte should not be mentioned due to being uncommon and more notable for Spikes; Tirtouga or even Pawniard is much better.

[Set Comments]
Remove Diglett mention.
Swinub actually threatens Vullaby and Snivy so your 2nd point is pretty mediocre. Instead mention how its poor defensive typing makes it harder for Swinub to get up SR, and its limited longevity prevents Swinub from keeping SR up. This instead is what makes Swinub outclassed in all actuality.

Fix the credits too.

QC: 1/2

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
  • Your wording implies that Tirt doesn't get Sturdy which it technically does, fix this
  • I'd also mention that onix and tirt both can also serve as switch-ins to common flying types while Swinub cant really
I think for once the sash set is fine and should be kept.

Good work otherwise, 2/2

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
Despite its good offensive typing and solid movepool, [AC] Swinub is held back by its poor bulk and speed stats Speed stat as well as a bad defensive typing. Swinub heavily competes with other Stealth Rock setters such as Onix and Tirtouga, the former of which has higher speed Speed stat and the latter of which has higher offensive capabilities to pressure entry hazard removers. Both Onix and Tirtouga also have also access to Sturdy and are able to switch-into flying types switch into Flying-types such as Vullaby due to their higher physical bulk.

[SET]
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Ice Shard
move 4: Endeavor
item: Focus Sash
ability: Oblivious
nature: Jolly
evs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This set attempts to act as a Stealth Rock setter through the use of a Focus Sash to set Stealth Rock. However, Swinub's poor bulk and defensive typing limit Swinub's its longevity and leave it unable to keep entry hazards up, leaving Swinub outclassed by other Stealth Rock setters such as Onix, Tirtouga, and Pawniard.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)