- Strength Sap
- Night Shade

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

For real though, after Gengar was absolutely awful in Gen 7 OU I'm so happy that Gengar is one of the most threatening offensive mons from past gens now. Nasty Plot + Life Orb is super strong, and completely rips through so many defensive cores (an example is the popular Corviknight + G-Corsola + Clef core, which Gengar gets a free win against). However, Gengar is prone to being revenge killed by faster threats such as Dragapult, so I'm running ABR's signature Grimmsnarl set because it walls Dragapult pretty easily. Grimmsnarl gets countered pretty hard by steel-types such as Excadrill (which is running rampant in the tier rn) so we have Corviknight with Body Press, which also acts as our Defogger.

The really interesting thing about these three is that all three are Gigantimax forms, meaning that you have many options whenever you decide to go for your sweep. Gengar is mad scary and Max Ooze is pretty busted, ensuring that you snowball to victory if your opponent already lost their speed control. Grimmsnarl-Gmax after a couple of bulk ups is so PHAT that nothing short of Max Steelspike is denting it. Corviknight is rarely gmaxed because this is the defogger version and not bulk up, but sometimes you can still win with it given Max Knuckle grants attack boosts and Max Airstream grants speed boosts, both of which are broken.

Goodra is surprisingly good in this meta, as it checks anything using Fire Blast or Thunderbolt for Corviknight, and Sap Sipper means it's a risk-free switch-in for opposing Ferrothorn, and the given spread allows Goodra to almost always OHKO Ferrothorn, even if they're that mixed Chinese set with 88 Spdef evs. G-Corsola and scarf Ditto are pretty much mandatory checks for the most broken Dynamax abusers such as Gyarados, Barraskewda, Hawlucha, etc.

Honestly, people are talking about dynamax being broken but I've never lost to any of those "broken" dynamax sweepers with this team. All the threats in this meta seem pretty manageable and I definitely think that balance/bulky offense is way to go this gen, HO was good during the beta but now people know what those threats are, and stall is garbage (thank god).

Overall this team is pretty fun and isn't too difficult to pilot. After playing around for like an hour I was at no losses and in the top 500 with no real difficulty. Best way to play this team is to slowly wear down your opponent's team until you find an opening and double into Gengar and wreck havoc.
I don't think it's possible for gmax Corviknight to get roost or defog since both of those are egg moves.

I don't think it's possible for gmax Corviknight to get roost or defog since both of those are egg moves.
Same species mons can pass egg moves to each other through daycare this gen. Can breed a Corviknight with Roost and Defog and pass it to the G-Max Corv fairly easily.

Same species mons can pass egg moves to each other through daycare this gen. Can breed a Corviknight with Roost and Defog and pass it to the G-Max Corv fairly easily.
GMax Pokemon can't pass down their GMax potential though, no?

GMax Pokemon can't pass down their GMax potential though, no?
They can't, but if a G-Max Corviknight is in the daycare with 2 empty moveslots and another Pokemon that it can breed with is also in the daycare and knows Defog and Roost, the G-Max Corvi will learn those moves as well

Hi guys I'm new to competitive and i'n wondering which pokemon I should be using? So far I've got

Golisopod @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 3 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Intelleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snipe Shot
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

My last pokemon I'm thinking to be ferrothorn but I'm unsure on how I'd use him

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpD / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

This team needs no introduction. Everybody and their mother knows sand is completely busted and Excadrill will inevitably sweep at least half of the games you play on the ladder. This team has good synergy as Rotom-Wash provides a Gyarados answer while Clef is mainly there as a dragapult answer/ferrothorn lure. Corviknight provides a good answer to opposing sand Excadrill abusers, and surprisingly puts in a lot of work if in at the right time.

In my experience, this team struggles with darmanitan galar, the new dracovish, and rain teams. Rotom-wash + sand is this teams attempted counterplay to rain. Other than that, the team functions really well.
Rotom wash is most definitely NOT an answer to Gyarados as Gyarados has access to power whip and max overgrowth which with even a single boost such as dragon dance or moxie OHKO even the bulkiest Rotom-w

Here's the team I'm running:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade
- Stealth Rock

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Body Press
- Taunt
- Roost

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

Togekiss serves as the Dmax sweeper here, not much to discuss regarding how bonkers it is. I yoinked @Stratus_ATN's set because I don't plan to use it early, so needing to self-heal with Morning Sun shouldn't be necessary. The alternate set I'd run is NP-Air Slash-Aura Sphere-Morning Sun, but with Corviknight being omnipresent Flamethrower is a great tech choice. If you get set up there's not a whole lot that can switch into it. Flamethrower does feel a bit redundant with Rotom-H, though, and not using the Aura Sphere set makes me a lot weaker to TTar.

Toxapex/Corsola-G/Corviknight. Nothing wild here with either of these sets. On Pex I prefer Baneful Bunker over, say, Toxic Spikes to stall out Dmax Gyara better. Corviknight serves as my Defogger, and Body Press at least helps contain TTar a bit.

Dracovish is my wallbreaker and general wrecking ball, this thing is busted. Rend basically 2HKOs even a lot of supposed checks. Psychic Fangs checks Pex, and Ice Fangs checks Hydreigon. Crunch also deals with Hatterene Basically just steamrolls.

Rotom-H is my bulky extra check. It hard checks Darm-G, Excadrill, while also offensively checking Corviknight all sorts of ways.

Only thing is that this team feels slightly weak to TTar defensively (supportive TTars spreading TWave cripple Dracovish/Togekiss, offensive ones can check Togekiss, Pex, Rotom-H and Corsola-G) and some Fairy types like Clefable and Grimmsnarl feel difficult to deal with on the offense side. Not really sure if I should just consider these an acceptable weakness, since TTar doesn't feel super common and those Fairy pokes aren't normally hard checks. It's also not the fastest team by any means, which can pose problems (i.e., Rain teams)

Last edited:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade
- Stealth Rock

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Body Press
- Taunt
- Roost

Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

Dracovish is my wallbreaker and general wrecking ball, this thing is busted. Rend basically 2HKOs even a lot of supposed checks. Psychic Fangs checks Pex, and Ice Fangs checks Hydreigon. Crunch also deals with Hatterene Basically just steamrolls.
What results are you getting with your Dracovish on practice? I was thinking of running a Jolly set with Choice Scarf because I thought outspeeding everyone was the priority, but I've seen a lot of Adamant + CB sets here so now I'm thinking if I made the right choice.

Nexomaki

formerly Stratus ATN

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade
- Stealth Rock

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Body Press
- Taunt
- Roost

Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

Togekiss serves as the Dmax sweeper here, not much to discuss regarding how bonkers it is. I yoinked @Stratus_ATN's set because I don't plan to use it early, so needing to self-heal with Morning Sun shouldn't be necessary. The alternate set I'd run is NP-Air Slash-Aura Sphere-Morning Sun, but with Corviknight being omnipresent Flamethrower is a great tech choice. If you get set up there's not a whole lot that can switch into it. Flamethrower does feel a bit redundant with Rotom-H, though, and not using the Aura Sphere set makes me a lot weaker to TTar.

Toxapex/Corsola-G/Corviknight. Nothing wild here with either of these sets. On Pex I prefer Baneful Bunker over, say, Toxic Spikes to stall out Dmax Gyara better. Corviknight serves as my Defogger, and Body Press at least helps contain TTar a bit.

Rotom-H is my bulky extra check. It hard checks Darm-G, Excadrill, while also offensively checking Corviknight all sorts of ways.

Only thing is that this team feels slightly weak to TTar defensively (supportive TTars spreading TWave cripple Dracovish/Togekiss, offensive ones can check Togekiss, Pex, Rotom-H and Corsola-G) and some Fairy types like Clefable and Grimmsnarl feel difficult to deal with on the offense side. Not really sure if I should just consider these an acceptable weakness, since TTar doesn't feel super common and those Fairy pokes aren't normally hard checks. It's also not the fastest team by any means, which can pose problems (i.e., Rain teams)
Hey! It's awesome that you are using my Togekiss set :] . Personally I'd change Flamethrower to Aura Sphere since you already have Fire coverage in the form of Rotom-Heat, and as you said it's redundant. Aura Sphere allows you to hit Tyranitar, Drednaw, etc. with SE damage.

Last edited:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Night Shade
- Stealth Rock

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Body Press
- Taunt
- Roost

Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

Any particular reason why the Rotom is running a serious nature? Or is that a goof?

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hey, I'd like to share a team I've been having a ton of fun with that shows off a few cool sets, and is explicitly imp-proof'd in terms of both its main sweepers/breakers. I built around Physical LO Kommo-o as every time I've used the mon I've felt its been missing a bit of power, and Life Orb fixes that. Luckily for me it is completely imp-proofed by Jellicent, which also takes on Galarian Darm and Dracovish and spreads burns to the enemy team, making it easier to pivot around and set up. Clefable completes the core, and between it and Kommo-o the majority of Hydreigon sets are taken care of. Clefable also lures in Ferrothorn, helping out Jelli, and sets SR. Corvi provides a really solid Exca answer, which is needed at this point as none of the team so far really wants to come in on it, Ditto does ditto stuff, and Specs Rotom-H is here to annoy Ferro-Pex cores with its stabs and trick, take on Sub-BU Corvi, provide a suitable switchin to LO Clefable, as well as provide a last ditch check to Hatterene. Its probable that a NP Rotom-H would be better here, but I dislike teams without at least one source of immediate power.

View attachment 208275

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch

Jellicent @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp / Scald

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Trick

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Impish Nature
- Transform

Team obviously isn't perfect as is seriously struggles with Sub-Gyara (luckily uncommon), lets in Hydreigon a tad too often, and really doesn't deal with Hatterene very well. Random coverage from Gengar is also a major issue as while Kommo-o takes on stuff like Sball/Focus Blast/Tbolt, it can be KO'd by coverage like Dgleam, or by a surprise Dmax.
Quick note: This team doesnt appreciate Specs Dragapult spamming Shadow Ball.

With all the weather teams running around, I thought it would be fun to try and build a sun team for the sake of diversity. Turns out that it's not exactly a meta archetype, but it was pretty fun to build and can still get results. Feel free to tweak to your personal tastes.

1574797840632.png
1574797876061.png
1574797892837.png
1574797909567.png
1574797931609.png
1574797965384.png

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 196 HP / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Disable
- Will-O-Wisp

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Solar Blade
- Double-Edge
- Dig

Seismitoad @ Rindo Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 76 Def / 8 Spe
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Focus Blast

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Court Change

Mimikyu @ Eject Button
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Crunch

Leafeon's currently the best Chlorophyll sweeper with 95 speed and 110 attack. It gained Solar Blade to use over Leaf Blade but lost Knock Off and Natural Gift, so its best option against Steels is Dig, which thankfully becomes more reliable during a dynamax. Double-Edge is Leafy's best coverage option, saying that Grass isn't exactly the most stellar offensive typing, and Normal hits all the resists except Steel for neutral. A cool thing about dyna'd offensive grass-types is that the Grassy Terrain it sets can offset LO recoil. Ninetales is the obvious second choice whose presence hardly needs explaining; Heat Rock is used since Leafy doesn't set its own sun in dyna. Wisp is to punish switchins that try to abuse ninetales' momentum sink, while a fast disable helps vs stall and slower choice users, or just slower SE users; you can replace disable if you want. EVs are to guarantee a 2HKO on 252/0 washtoms through leftovers. Seismitoad combines a rock setter, fire resist, water resist, and a pseudo-lure for ferrothorn, while staying bulky without sacrificing offensive momentum. Cinderace is for priority and speed, to abuse sun-boosted Fire STAB, and most importantly to handle stalls and provide overall hazard control with Court Change. Mimikyu provides a second priority, a switch-in to Dragons not called Dragapult, and a catch-all answer to dynamaxing, providing me with a free switch-in to whatever can check said dyna, be it a chlorophyll'd Leafy, Cinder's Sucker Punch, or Scarf Durant. Speaking of which, Durant caps off the team by being able to deal with the extremely annoying Dragapult (who both deals with Mimikyu AND walls Leafeon) and outspeeding and OHKOing scarf galarian darmanitan, when I can't rely on Leafeon. Also provides a way to catch non-corv steels without luring them, a secondary cleanup option, and overall does scarf things. You can replace X-Sciz or Crunch for Rock Slide if you think you need it.

:bisharp: :clefable: :ferrothorn: :jellicent: :mandibuzz: :ditto:
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 64 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 24 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog
- U-turn

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Impish Nature
- Transform

This is a double dark balance that works very well on the current ladder. Depending on your opponent's team, your win condition varies. Against an offense or a hyperoffense, plan on sweeping with Bisharp, which is insanely good currently as it can sweep most teams. Low kick over throat chop is a nice tech that secures the kill against ferrothorn and allows you to beat opposing bisharps. Against a semi-stall or stall, find a way to get some hazards with ferrothorn (keep it at all cost), and unleash life orb clefable, to which most stall don't have answers. Against a balance, just play better than your opponent.
The team doesn't really have a dynamax sweeper, but it still benefits a lot from dynamax because of clefable using it very well, ditto because this shit is broken, for defensive purposes sometimes, and (rarely) to sweep with bisharp.
The Clefable / ferrothorn / jellicent / mandibuz core does very well at walling most threats. You will likely struggle against sub gyarados, sub hydreigon and toxtricity, so be careful when facing them.

There are a lot of micro-adjustments in this team, that you might want to keep or not depending on the meta. You can consider power whip over gyro ball on ferro (I like gyro ball as it surprises a lot of opponents, and helps dealing with fairy types + darm). You can consider more speed on Clef, as I always get outsped by opposing clefs for some reason. Fire blast is also an option over flamethrower. You can obviously consider throat chop on Bisharp over low kick to deal better with balance teams. Also jolly has its merits over adamant. Running more defense on Mandibuz is possible ; although keep in mind that it's your only good check to Dragapult.

Last edited:
:bisharp: :clefable: :ferrothorn: :jellicent: :mandibuzz: :ditto:
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 64 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 24 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog
- U-turn

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Impish Nature
- Transform

This is a double dark balance that works very well on the current ladder. Depending on your opponent's team, your win condition varies. Against an offense or a hyperoffense, plan on sweeping with Bisharp, which is insanely good currently as it can sweep most teams. Low kick over throat chop is a nice tech that secures the kill against ferrothorn and allows you to beat opposing bisharps. Against a semi-stall or stall, find a way to get some hazards with ferrothorn (keep it at all cost), and unleash life orb clefable, to which most stall don't have answers. Against a balance, just play better than your opponent.
The team doesn't really have a dynamax sweeper, but it still benefits a lot from dynamax because of clefable using it very well, ditto because this shit is broken, for defensive purposes sometimes, and (rarely) to sweep with bisharp.
The Clefable / ferrothorn / jellicent / mandibuz core does very well at walling most threats. You will likely struggle against sub gyarados, sub hydreigon and toxtricity, so be careful when facing them.

There are a lot of micro-adjustments in this team, that you might want to keep or not depending on the meta. You can consider power whip over gyro ball on ferro (I like gyro ball as it surprises a lot of opponents, and helps dealing with fairy types + darm). You can consider more speed on Clef, as I always get outsped by opposing clefs for some reason. Fire blast is also an option over flamethrower. You can obviously consider throat chop on Bisharp over low kick to deal better with balance teams. Also jolly has its merits over adamant. Running more defense on Mandibuz is possible ; although keep in mind that it's your only good check to Dragapult.
Run Sassy on ferro to lower speed for gyro ball. If you choose to use whip then use careful or impish.

Centiskorch-Gmax @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 136 Def / 100 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Power Whip
- Coil
OR
Centiskorch @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
OR
Centiskorch @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fire Lash
- Lunge
- Coil
- Substitute
Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Room Service
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Snarl
- Sludge Wave

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
Grimmsnarl @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Spirit Break
- Power Swap
- Thunder Wave
OR
Grimmsnarl @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Darkest Lariat
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Excadrill @ Room Service
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 102 HP / 252 Atk / 154 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 126 SpA / 130 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Room Service on both Toxtricity and Excadrill allow you to enter Trick Room once and lower you speed stat to sweep or remove hazards, but also allows you to win a few speed fights outside of the Trick Room. Bear in mind that room service works only once, so use it wisely. Either of the 3 Centiskorches can be used, although I prefer the G-Max version until it is is inevitably banned to Ubers or 1v1. I kept bouncing between Runerigus and Jellicent as secondary Trick Room Setters, and it seemed as if Water Absorb was better to have in most matches over pure suicide lead+bulk. Either version of Grimmsnarl can be used to good effect, Prankster works with T-Wave, Power Swap, and Sleep Talk; it's really up to whether you want to shut down set-up sweepers with Power Swap and T-Wave, or Sleep Talk your way to oblivion.

Mess around with this and let me know if you have any improvements to this set-up.

Last edited:
What results are you getting with your Dracovish on practice? I was thinking of running a Jolly set with Choice Scarf because I thought outspeeding everyone was the priority, but I've seen a lot of Adamant + CB sets here so now I'm thinking if I made the right choice.
I've always used Band since with Band and Adamant Rend 2HKOs virtually everything slower than it, including Pex and Ferro. I'm using it as my main wallbreaker so I more value that over the speed (its purpose is to take out Ferro/Pex/Cors cores that are everywhere). I could see running a Jolly/Scarf setup (since it'll still 3HKO stuff like Pex and Ferro) but I think the threat of 2HKO is huge because it means that nothing can switch into it safely. Rain teams would benefit from Jolly/Scarf though since Rain will give back power lost through Scarf usage. Or if you plan on using DMax on it, use Jolly/Scarf, since you can also take Low Kick and get Max Knuckle out of it. Which, come to think of it, isn't a bad idea since you can now flex Togekiss and Vish to DMax which could create some advantageous situations. Now I need to test out Scarf more...

Hey! It's awesome that you are using my Togekiss set :] . Personally I'd change Flamethrower to Aura Sphere since you already have Fire coverage in the form of Rotom-Heat, and as you said it's redundant. Aura Sphere allows you to hit Tyranitar, Drednaw, etc. with SE damage.
Good call, thanks! I keep forgetting about Drednaw too.

Any particular reason why the Rotom is running a serious nature? Or is that a goof?
That's a goof. Should be Timid.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
:toxapex: :ferrothorn: :corsola: :dugtrio: :ditto: no corvi sprite
https://pokepast.es/2e4a0aab579e3bff

So, uh, this is a pretty basic semi-stall I built because I feared duggy and dynamax would be banned and wanted to abuse duggy and ditto before they left. The basic premise is hazard stack + status + leech with SubBU Corviknight as the wincon. FerroPexSola, otherwise known as the “Triple Cancer Core”, is practically impossible to break outside of stuff like Galarian Darmanitan, and I expect it to be the backbone of stall teams. They set hazards, leech stuff, status stuff and can keep their longevity up. Broke-ass Dugtrio supports the defensive squad, trapping stuff like Darm and the occasional Hatterene that may block hazard setting attempts. I’m cureently experimenting with the set, but here I’ve gone with what SM OU was infested with as a placeholder. Ditto is the best Dynamax check, I don’t think I need to explain anything else about. Its just a good mon in these offense-potent metagames. Lastly, Corviknight has good synergy with the defensive core, providing that Ground immunity and Skarmory-esque qualities. It is the only real “abuser” of Dynamax, but really it just appreciates the stronger Max Airstream and +Spe. As for other options, Baneful Bunker might be cool on Pex and the Duggy set is still being experimented, but other than that there isn’t much variation.

Other teams I’d recommend are stuff like Sayuze’s Sand Balance, Sagisolar’s NP Drei + Aegi BO posted above, and Egor’s team in the Meta Discussion thread.

Edit: here’s the right paste
I've been using this team on ladder and it's gotten me some pretty great results overall, though one thing I think is worth pointing out is that this team can struggle with Rotom-W/Rotom-H, especially if you choose to run T-spikes over Toxic like I do.

In terms of the Dugtrio, I've also toyed with the idea of making it banded for more immediate power, albeit I'm not sure it's worth losing the utility of the other moves.

But outside of that, it's pretty great from what I can tell, and that Corviknight set has won me so many games or gotten me close to winning them it's absolutely absurd.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I've been using this team on ladder and it's gotten me some pretty great results overall, though one thing I think is worth pointing out is that this team can struggle with Rotom-W/Rotom-H, especially if you choose to run T-spikes over Toxic like I do.

In terms of the Dugtrio, I've also toyed with the idea of making it banded for more immediate power, albeit I'm not sure it's worth losing the utility of the other moves.

But outside of that, it's pretty great from what I can tell, and that Corviknight set has won me so many games or gotten me close to winning them it's absolutely absurd.
I’m glad you enjoyed the team! Before I switched to building for NatDex, I was attempting to use Gastrodon over Toxapex, which would offer a solid Electric immunity and would pivot into Heattom and Washtom. However, I found that preserving the Gyarados and G-Darm MUs, which Gastrodon has a harder time with due its Grass weakness (I didn’t find Max Wuake Gyara too common, but I found Max Overgrowth more) and lack of an Ice-resist, were more important than the appliances. Should those two go, feel free to use Gastro to cure your woes though!

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 140 HP / 244 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Icicle Crash
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Grimmsnarl @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Spirit Break
- Power Swap
- Thunder Wave

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Court Change
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick

This is a Dragapult Hex team that I've been working on. Infiltrator let's Dragapult hit thought Screens and Subs. Dragapult's EVs allow him to outpace Gengar after full speed investment, Draco Meteor to kill off something quick, U-Turn for momentum, Will-O-Wisp for status, and Hex to punish any opponent that most likely will be suffering form one of 3 statuses you'll be imposing on them. Corviknight is here for synergy with Dragapult, Darmanitan-G, and Grimmsnarl. He also can stand in as a Bulk Up wall, and you can decide where to put the remaining 52 EVs. I put them in speed just in case I'm in a position to Dynamax Corviknight, which will allow him to boost past quite a few more things after a Max Airstream Boost (if Dynamaxing him becomes necessary). Body Press is here because it is based on defense, and becomes a good check option after a few Bulk Ups, but you can replace it with Iron Head if you want. Toxapex is here to lead the charge in almost every scenario. The EV spread here is designed to keep him in the game as long as possible. He can also soak up Toxic Spikes that were affected by Magic Bounce or Court Change. His main purpose here is to keep Toxic Spikes down, and burn anything that tries to stop you with Scald. Darmanitan-G is a standard Choice Scarf Variant. He has 3 tasks here: Hit anything too slow to stop you, prevent Swift Swim teams with Max Flare/Max Hailstorm after Dyanamaxing, and scare/remove Dugtrio. Grimmsnarl with Prankster is my favorite thing in the game, you can run a myriad of sets on him due to this ability. This variant uses T-Wave to slow down sweepers/scarfers/speed investors along with boosting Hex Damage. Power Swap is used to steal any Atk/SpA buffs that your opponent may be trying to set-up. He is also here to scare/remove Dragapult. Opposing Speed Investment or Scarfed Dragapult will almost single-handedly destroy this team without Grimmsnarl. It may seem like that is a giant flaw in the team, but these types of Dragapult are everywhere, so you should come prepared for it in every situation. Cinderace is DUMMY fast when it comes to hazard removal. Court Change is used here to keep your opponent switching to remove their hazards, while you can freely soak your own Toxic Spikes with Toxapex after a U-Turn if you need to. Heavy-Duty Boots are here to prevent any entry hazard damage before moving them, pretty standard imo. He's pretty good all around, and I can't wait till he gets Libero.

Example Replay (I know, should've just attacked Cinderace with Corviknight when I had the chance, but it's all good!)

Have fun with this!

Last edited:
i present dracovicious! (click for importable!)
here is a replay against Mob Barley to show how impressive this team can be!

s/o to lycan2500 for the dope arcanine set!

[16:10:22] Mob Barley: u haxed me in the game too -.-
[16:10:40] Mob Barley: i missed an edge
[16:10:44] Mob Barley: and u spun
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Eldegoss: 273-322 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
so idk about this comment man:
[16:15:31] Mob Barley: so many idiots on this site i swear
I know you're a rising star and all but you don't need to dedicate your first post to me.

i present dracovicious! (click for importable!)
here is a replay against Mob Barley to show how impressive this team can be!

s/o to lycan2500 for the dope arcanine set!

[16:10:22] Mob Barley: u haxed me in the game too -.-
[16:10:40] Mob Barley: i missed an edge
[16:10:44] Mob Barley: and u spun
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Eldegoss: 273-322 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
so idk about this comment man:
[16:15:31] Mob Barley: so many idiots on this site i swear
beating mob barley is nothing special

that guy has a whole ownage compilation dedicated to him

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png

Click this for sets

This is a fun team built around the core of Hatterene + Bisharp. Hatterene and Bisharp cover each others weaknesses very well, having great type synergy and being able to beat each others checks fairly well. They can break many defensive cores well, with Hatterene covering Ferrothorn and Toxapex with its coverage and access to Magic Bounce, and Bisharp beating Corsola-Galar and Aegislash with its typing and Dark STAB. Hatterene's Trick Room means they aren't left helpless against offensive teams either, and Bisharp can also clean up threatening offensive mons with Sucker Punch. I've found myself cleaning up teams with Hatterene more often due to how good Trick Room is against all the crazy offense running around right now, but Dynamax Bisharp can put in some work too if the situation calls for it.

Rotom-W covers Bisharp's weaknesses to Fire and Ground while also acting as good speed control and a good pivot. Its EVs allow it to outspeed +1 Gyarados before Dynamax and OHKO it with Volt Switch while also being as tanky as possible. Not the greatest Gyarados counter but it does the job. Trick and Will-O-Wisp are also nice to have to cripple annoying mons like Corviknight.

Excadrill is a nice hazard setter and spinner. Mold Breaker + Sash is a tried and true set that acts as a good lead against a lot of teams. Not much to add really, it's a pretty standard set.

Cinderace is a great utility mon imo. Court Change + Taunt is really nice for shutting down mons like Ferrothorn, and having a fast U-Turn is great as well.

Appletun was added last cause I needed a ground resist that wasn't Rotom-W lol. It can be a good tank that covers annoying mons like opposing Rotom-W and Barraskewda, and sometimes even Dragapult. You can Gigantamax it if need be, but generally Hatterene is going to be the mon you want to Gigantamax because of how good it is once Trick Room is up.

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
https://pokepast.es/5913d4609d024244
1574969175252.png1574969064767.png1574969104539.png1574969040266.png
1574969094136.png
1574969129597.png

heres some octopus balance/semi-stall featuring hex dragapult. octopus traps ferro and pex and forces switches into ghosts, giving ABR grimmsnarl free setup opportunities. pex/corviknight/ditto core for offense. im not the best ou player but ive had some success so far.

Indeedee-M.png
Hawlucha.png
Jellicent-M.png
Mandibuzz.png
Kommo-o.png
Dugtrio.png

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Hex

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Clangorous Soul
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal

I've been wanting to make a team with Indeedee, and luckily Hawlucha can benefit from the terrain setting. I tried both Male and Female with mixed success. I have yet to utilize Healing Wish - most of the time Indeedee is denting the opponent's walls so that Hawlucha can clean up. Mandibuzz is my Dragapult counter and all-around MVP by Knocking Off items like Eviolite, Leftovers, Rocky Helmet, etc. Jellicent is there to soak up physical attacks and spread burns. Kommo-o is my back-up wincon if Hawlucha is unable to sweep after Psychic Terrain ends. I love that Clangorous Soul activates Throat Spray. The extra oomph is also protected from Ditto with Soundproof, alongside Toxtricity (both my walls hate him). Dugtrio is mainly there as an electric immunity. He hasn't been great, but I'm not sure who I should switch to instead. Maybe Excadrill? The team is also weak to Corviknight as my Kommo-o isn't able to fully deal with it. I would love some suggestions on how to improve this!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)