Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

A quick message to say that Corsola-G is actually a terrible pokemon.
This is a far better Conkeldurr check:

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 170-201 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 136-162 (32.3 - 38.5%) -- 98.1% chance to 3HKO (18 - 21.4% recovered)
So with Sandstorm + burn recoil + Rocky Helmet damage, Conkeldurr has no recovery.

It needs Close Combat to beat Hippo:
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 219-258 (52.1 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But if carrying Close Combat, it's not running Drain Punch, which means it has no recovery. And because of defense drops it becomes Dugtrio weak.

Hippo is also good at checking stuff like Bisharp, physical Aegislash, DD Tyranitar, Cinderace, Centiskorch, etc.
Sandstorm damage is also really appreciated on fat teams in a metagame where Toxic users are so rare.

So below is an improved version of the team posted:
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Substitute
- Screech

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Mystical Fire

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Clear Smog

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

I also like to use this set instead of Sylveon:

Alcremie (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Mystical Fire
- Aromatherapy

Because it gives Aromatherapy to the team, which helps considering Dragapult, Seismitoad, Toxapex all have burning moves (+Toxic).
Wish on Sylveon is also easy to play around, because you can use Stealth Rock or anything that presures the team (like SD Aegislash) the turn Sylveon is going to use Protect. Recover is better for this reason.
Aroma Veil is a good ability as it makes Alcremie immune to Disable and Taunt.
The downside of that option is that you can be PP stalled by Sub Hydreigon.

However, semi stall teams seem a lot more efficient this gen I have to say, stall just doesn't seem to have all the tools it needs to be consistent.
Hippo is so underrated this gen it's criminal. Whirlwind spam is still great, sand is still great, and this thing is bulky as hell. Most wallbreakers need setup nowadays and hippo laughs at them with its big windy mouth. I've been stalled out by this thing more times than I'd care to think about.

Hippo is so underrated this gen it's criminal. Whirlwind spam is still great, sand is still great, and this thing is bulky as hell. Most wallbreakers need setup nowadays and hippo laughs at them with its big windy mouth. I've been stalled out by this thing more times than I'd care to think about.
The fact that's it 2hko'd by toad's scald (if it burns) is not too good.
It's special bulk leaves a lot to be desired especially compared to TTar which has insane spdef under sand and physical defense bordering on hippos.

Here are a few teams I came up with and have had some successes with, but any suggestions to improve would be greatly appreciated

https://pokepast.es/6be2c2d947b9a5c5 -
This was my idea for a VolTurn team. I know his has Galarian Darmanitan, but I made this before Darmanitan got bumped to Ubers.

https://pokepast.es/e3fda58a6442454c
My Sandstorm team. Standard Tyranitar lead with Sand Rush Excadrill.

https://pokepast.es/55e9d7e9fa735c07
My Balance Team. Its not prime but I think it has some promise.

https://pokepast.es/fbf9f5a3a78ceda1

made an Ebelt Gengar team because it still kills most of the shit you need it to with Ebelt and you can make people straight up rage when they switch their Seismatoad in on a Tbolt thinking they can Rock up. Specs Gardevoir is hilarious. Aroma on Clefable because everything in the game now runs Twave apparently

https://pokepast.es/a78a7ba6eacd3264
New favorite team.
Built around Sir-fetch'd I went 22-1 (I'm still currently 22-1 also the battle that i lost was the first one ;-;)
Should be relatively solid
last time I posted a team here I saw a few people running around with it and they would've clobbered me if I hadn't known the sets lol

Capture.PNG

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 96 HP / 184 Atk / 16 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Discharge
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
https://pokepast.es/b1eb198deb78f01d A team I made and have been loving. Not perfect but is good at beating a lot. Fat teams have a hard team dealing with Obstagoon + LO Aegis' constant pressure, while corvi and seis assist in pivoting in for sylveon, which then gets to wish pass to the aforementioned wallbreakers. I have yawn on sylveon cause frankly I'm not big on mystical fire. Mirror armour gets popped if used on corvi's that have it, and I got messed up a couple of times cuz it popped defiant on bisharp. Anyways, yawn > wish > switch is a good way to keep your momentum going, and helps mew setup and beat the frailer teams.

Oh, I spose ball would be better yeah. Sometimes you can heal yourself with Giga but rare is the day Gengar actually takes damage and isn't OHKO'd. Giga can be nice for recovering chip damage in select scenarios, though,
imo giga would be better because it is like 5 power and it can heal the rocks dmg

https://pokepast.es/2d8790e461c4e163 I know. some more fat bullshit. Pretty good semi stall though. I find that gastrodon is criminally underrated because it checks basically all of the special attackers in the tier bar rotom-c unless you poison it. Also duggy just makes fat shit so much more difficult to play against. imo fat is the best archetype rn.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/037f8fddcc574233

This originally started as an edit of Solaros & Lunaris 's old semi-stall team (linked here) but over time I changed so much about it that it's essentially its' own thing now.

This team has probably the single best win record of any team I've ever used, going 34-6 across two different accounts (Granted, neither one is super high because I don't ladder much and playing games with this team can take forever). It's a very basic semi-stall that relies on the combination of Ferro+Pex+Toad to wear the opponent down with hazards and status until Corviknight can clean up. Ditto gives me insurance vs Hydreigon (who is a major threat to this team even with Sylveon), Dragapult, and lots of other stuff, and Sylveon is my Hydreigon/Dragapult check.

This team isn't perfect however, and there's some pretty glaring issues with it:

1. No hazard removal whatsoever. It'd probably make the team objectively better to make Corviknight the regular Defog set, but I prefer the Sub-Bulk Up variant way too much to change it. You're free to change it however

2. Life Orb Clef is an absolute pain in the dick. Your best bet of beating it is with Sylveon's Mystical Fire, but that won't last forever.

3. This team absolutely hates Hattrene and loses badly to Calm Mind variants (as I just learned). Your best bet would probably be to change Corv to the Defog set with Iron Head or make Ferro some sort of Occa Berry Iron Head variant but that's getting into jank territory.

4. This team has some issues with NP Dreigon and Conk, but Sylveon can generally take at least one hit and either OHKO or at leasst chip heavily in return. Dragapult can also be annoying (especially Infiltrator sets vs Corv since Fire Blast does ~69-75) but again, Sylveon and Ditto can help quite a bit

Other than that, don't really have much to say other than the fact that I hope that this is still good come June.

Last edited:
^This team also seems weak to Shadow Ball spam, in particular from Choice Specs Aegislash and Gengar.
I think Sylveon should be Calm with Spdef investment otherwise it loses to LO Hydreigon (as you don't have hazard removal). I personally run 136 Spe on it so it always outspeeds Conkeldurr.
Iron Defense + 80 Spe Corviknight can also help against Conkeldurr if you can switch in your Corviknight on Earthquake / Facade.
Togekiss also is annoying for your team.

Here's another team I made, it's really standard though:

Capture.PNG

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Iron Defense
- Body Press

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Air Slash

Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Mystical Fire

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Discharge
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute

Last edited:

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage
- Crunch

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Leaf Storm
- Discharge

Aegislash @ Spell Tag
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Close Combat

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Protect

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Hatterene (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire
- Draining Kiss
- Nuzzle

I built this team around the core of Dracovish + Rotom-Mow. I wanted to use Rotom-Mow because it takes advantage of Seismitoad which is the best switch-in to Dracovish. Next I wanted to have something for Cloyster and Hawlucha while maintaining offensive pressure, so I went with Aegislash. I prefer King’s Shield sets right now, either with lefties or spell tag. Since this team has ways to pressure fairies I went with spell tag instead of lefties. Scarf excadrill is really good right now, there’s a lack of flying types so the only common counter to Excadrill is Corviknight which banded Dracovish can switch into and threaten the OHKO. The team needed a fishious rend switch in and something for shadow ball spam so I went with defensive Kommo-O. To round out the team I added assault vest Hatterene with Nuzzle. Paralyzing fairies can let Aegislash spam Shadow ball and get more hax chances, also slowing down the opposition can let banded Dracovish go brazy. Magic Bounce is good for preventing rocks from seismitoad and Kommo-O, and rapid spin on excadrill can almost always keep hazards off the field if necessary (nothing is rocks weak so it’s usually not necessary and probably preferred for both sides to have rocks, so you can pressure the opponent to defog for you.). Thank you for reading, have fun with this team!

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
Conk's BO
1580228622989.png1580228650970.png1580228671231.png1580228709437.png1580228854676.png1580228793636.png
(Click Images for Copyable)

Not the most heat team, however it's got spunk nonetheless. I built this team with some of the most headache inducing offensive threats that usually give me a lot of trouble when building. I wanted to build around the breaking core of Guts Conk + Specs Aegi as not many things blanket check both, and the few that can manage to tank a few hits from either (i.e Pex, Jellicent, Milotic, Wash) are eventually worn down. The team is pretty standard, apart from a few choices on Conk:
1580228622989.png

Facade: Poison Jab could also work in this slot to further smack fairies, however I've found it mostly unnecessary. Facade eases the prediction of teams packing both Pex and Fairies. Facade does manageable damage to both Sylveon and Clef (being able to OHKO SpD variants without much prior chip) while, most importantly, 2HKOing Pex along side EQ.
EVs: Max Attack Adamant is a given. 164 Spe is important for outrunning all of Vaporeon, Flareon, and Relaxed Seis. 164 Spe also helps in underspeeding Corv and Apposing 252 Spe Conk which, when combined with the bulk, maximizes recovery from Drain Punch.

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
https://pokepast.es/051ba6f35381a31d

Another team I made. Still in testing, my only alt with it is chilling in 1500s so I cant confirm how good it is high ladder (yet) but so far so good. The torkoal is spdef so it can come in on the fairies and rotom heats easier to set sun, and has enough special attack to guarantee an OHKO on physdef seismitoad. Also ohkos crawdaunt. Specs zard the obvious fast sun abuser. No real "resists" can take its blasts well, and dpulse is just insurance vs dracovish's and hydreis. The rest is just a screens core of setup pult, hatterene and exca. Between exca, hat and torkoal u have good hazard control, and the rest is powerful breakers and sweepers. No water immunity may look bad but between sun and screens u can setup hat/pult on any water types.

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage
- Crunch

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Leaf Storm
- Discharge

Aegislash @ Spell Tag
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Close Combat

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Protect

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Hatterene (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire
- Draining Kiss
- Nuzzle

I built this team around the core of Dracovish + Rotom-Mow. I wanted to use Rotom-Mow because it takes advantage of Seismitoad which is the best switch-in to Dracovish. Next I wanted to have something for Cloyster and Hawlucha while maintaining offensive pressure, so I went with Aegislash. I prefer King’s Shield sets right now, either with lefties or spell tag. Since this team has ways to pressure fairies I went with spell tag instead of lefties. Scarf excadrill is really good right now, there’s a lack of flying types so the only common counter to Excadrill is Corviknight which banded Dracovish can switch into and threaten the OHKO. The team needed a fishious rend switch in and something for shadow ball spam so I went with defensive Kommo-O. To round out the team I added assault vest Hatterene with Nuzzle. Paralyzing fairies can let Aegislash spam Shadow ball and get more hax chances, also slowing down the opposition can let banded Dracovish go brazy. Magic Bounce is good for preventing rocks from seismitoad and Kommo-O, and rapid spin on excadrill can almost always keep hazards off the field if necessary (nothing is rocks weak so it’s usually not necessary and probably preferred for both sides to have rocks, so you can pressure the opponent to defog for you.). Thank you for reading, have fun with this team!
Why discharge and not t-bolt or thunder wave on rotom?

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Built this team around Choice Band Crawdaunt, one of the strongest wallbreakers of this generation. It has little to no consistent switch ins apart from like phys def kommo-o. Crawdaunt has a shit speed tier so I chose scarf Hydreigon to form a dark core with Crawdaunt. I like scarf Hydreigon because not only does it provide speed control, but it also can u turn out of things like Corviknight into Crawdaunt. Next I wanted a fairy, namely sylveon or clefable, that could switch into dragons. I chose Clef over Sylveon because even though Sylveon checked things like Dragapult better, thunder wave was really useful paralyzing things like baneful bunker pex which could really wear down Crawdaunt. At this point, Aegislash looked really good because it helped with the match up with fairies as well as Conkeldurr, as well as dealing with cloyster. I then added Seismitoad for rocks as well as a switch in to vish. Even though I have Aegislash, this team still struggles with Clef, so I added Rotom H which also helps against Corviknight.

Last edited:
Capture.PNG

This is an improved version of the team I posted above.

U-Turn / Wisp / DM / Hex Dragapult is my favorite set. It's excellent combined with Dugtrio, can sweep late game, has defensive utility and can be used as a RK.

Heavy Boots on Mandi / Rotom-H + MG Clef really makes it easy to pivot as half the team is immune to entry hazards.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Edited.

Last edited:

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Hatterene @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Calm Mind

This is one of my favorite teams I've ever built mainly because 5/6 of them are pink when shiny. Anyways, I wanted to build a team around the shiny Jangmo-o I hatched around the holidays and this is the result. I love the new toys Kommo-o received this gen. Clangorous Soul + Throat Spray it's such a cool combo, but it can be stopped by some annoying mons like Toxapex, Hippowdon, Sylveon, Grimmsnarl, and Clefable. So to help aid Kommo-o and it's potential sweep I paired it with Excadrill and Hatterene. These two not only complete a Dragon/Fairy/Steel core with Kommo-o, but they help keep hazards away for it and the rest of the team, and help take care of the aforementioned road blocks to Kommo-o's sweep.

Excadrill is not only a hazards remover, but also a wallbreaker, and potentially a sweeper. I chose to go with the air balloon to help drill avoid hazards specifically Sticky Web, which can render the +1 speed boost from rapid spin irrelevant. Other than that you can use a Lum Berry for possible burns, or even a life orb for more damage, but I prefer the Air Balloon because Hatterene's presence on the team can deter the opponent from firing off WOWs and the life orb can rack up damage over time.

The final member of the D/F/S core is Hatterene. It's my favorite generation 8 pokémon and fits super well as a core member with Drill and Kommo-o. Having a bit of trouble deciding on a set for it, but I'm loving the bulky Calm Mind set atm, but I am contemplating on an Assault Vest. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The bulky Calm Mind set helps Hatt survive a bunch of hits and Draining Kiss combos so well with CM. The some of the replays down below you can see just how bulky Hatt can be.

For a defensive backbone I chose a core between Mandibuzz and Galarian Corsola. Corsola is a super nice defensive Mon. Pretty easy to understand why. It sets up hazards, spin blocks, and spreads burns. Together with Mandibuzz it forms a defensive core that can annoy most of the meta. Mandibuzz also helps keep hazards away and is a nice check to a lot of premier ghost types.

The final member of the team is Rotom-W. It forms a nice Volt-Turn core with Mandibuzz, spreads paralysis, and can annoy defensive mons with Trick. It also has rather nice type synergy with Drill, Hatt, Kommo-o, and Mandibuzz

Obviously no team is perfect, but I like the way this one came out. Let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear them.

Last edited:

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
1581427441837.png 1581427464883.png 1581427476758.png 1581427512243.png 1581427525343.png 1581427582503.png
(Click sprites for importable)

This composition of 6 Pokémon is the demonic Rain build that's been making waves on the ladder and SPL as of lately. Technically not my team, but I've had good success so far so here it is.
Love it or hate it, the Rain always finds a way :mehowth:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)