Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

Pissog

ولكل سؤال كانت فلسطين هي الجواب
is a Top Artist
Tentacle Shenanigans
:xy/nihilego:
https://pokepast.es/4395cf1381a0f5d9
A little BO i built on the core tspikes Nihilego - Hex Spectrier. So, the dead horse is busted and we all know it, but it's even more busted when it can simply spam hex and deal illegal damage. I really like Nihilego as a toxic spikes setter bc thanks to power herb+meteor beam it breaks past common defogger such as corviknight, mandibuzz, zapdos and skarmory. Excadrill however is free to switch in, since everyone got scorching sands except for Nihilego. So I added Landorus-T as a difensive pivot and as a generic steel-type answer since they're immune to toxic spikes. Urshifu-s is another common switch in spectrier so magearna and my own urshifu-s are here for that. Tornadus-t is so good and splashable in every team & a very good urshifu revengekiller, might change it in the future tho.

Last edited:

https://pokepast.es/f27944a9ec676a05

A balanced team that revolved around wearing down bulky Pokemon and pivoting to let blaziken clean up/ break. I noticed the lack of blaziken, and how i have barely used it and wanted to use it. I chose a standard protect + 3 attacks as that usually puts in the most work outside of screens ho. Fini is one of the best zygarde checks and helps vs a potiential drill run pheromosa while adding a defogger. Scarf trick latios is underrated rn to me, it adds a nice speed control and helps this team break annoying bulky pivoting mons like blissey,clef, and slowbro that would be a problem while preventing a kyub sweep. Av magearna is a nice pivot while being a check all special tank for which pex/ fini can not deal with. Koko here adds a nice special attacker that has pivoting and is able to help vs rillaboom and rain teams. toxapex here is a standard pex it eats hits and has some synergy with protect + tspikes to help blaziken break through and punish switchins. Finally Blaziken while having longitivity issues is really strong if you can predict well/ send it in late game with walls weakened enough.

So im not the best, but i've been having success with this team. I struggle trying to come up with good teams, so I usually just steal teams from the forums. I thought i'd try giving back for a change.

https://pokepast.es/e41bd2c9cc4f0277

the goal is to weaken and cripple the other team so that fatty (Mag) can come in and sweep.

Last edited:
That new metagame looks fresh.
Here is my attempt on DLC2 Stall after learning the metagame last weekend:

:mew: :toxapex: :clefable: :scizor: :flygon: :blissey:(this team is now outdated so don't use it lol)

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Body Press
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 15 Spe
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Poison Jab
- Toxic Spikes

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 124 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Not a lot of things can check Kyurem-B efficiently.
One of them is Buzzwole, but I find this Pokemon to be passive and not so great.
And then there is Scizor.
Scizor checks more than just Kyurem-B: Tapu Lele, Melmetal, Magearna, Rillaboom. With Sword Dance + Bullet Punch, it is a good win condition especially against offensive teams, which is good to have on stall.

Another big issue to stall is Heatran.
I decided to go for Flygon. It checks it, can defog, outspeeds and forces it out with Earthquake.
Flygon also gives me a ground and electric immunity (Regieleki..). Its role compression gives me more freedom than anything else really.

Mew is my check to Zygarde, Conkeldurr, CM Magearna, Melmetal (once Knocked Off).
Cosmic Power + Body Press + Stored Power Mew is a gimmick that works surprisingly well now. It can get a free set up on quite a lot of Pokemons and late game a lot of teams really struggle to break it. Of course, it works even better with Heal Bell support which I have on Clefable.
That's my second win condition.
Colbur Berry makes it easier to set up, and prevents you from getting revenge OHKO'd by Urshifu if needed.

I think Toxapex needs Poison Jab, or you will lose to Taunt Tapu Fini unless you have Zapdos or a Grass type, that is why I have it.
Then, Blissey + Clefable for what they check and because Unaware / Heal Bell / Stealth Rock are needed.

Bonus:
I noticed Spectrier with Taunt can be an issue (without Taunt, Clefable checks it with Calm Mind).
Blissey and Clefable sets can be changed to Calm Mind + Shadow Ball Blissey and Stealth Rock Clefable like so:
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
I think that is it a bit more consistent, but I dislike Blissey without Seismic Toss so I didn't try.

Team looks pretty balanced to me.

Last edited:
Not the freshest team but it puts in the work
https://pokepast.es/61f05ceaa1af3cf7

Magearna @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast

Arctozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Crash
- Stomping Tantrum

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot
- High Jump Kick

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

This team took ages to put together running through many different forms before the pressure eventually gave way to this gem.

My magnum opus up until now this team has put in strong performances able to keep consistently into the high 1800s, and more importantly a variation of it(featuring boots volcanion over moltres) has an OU room tournament under its belt.

Quick summary: Mag is this teams win-con your goal most of the time is going to be to get it behind a veil and start setting up, after one shift gear and a calm mind the only mons stopping heatran and unaware clefable it has robbed my opponent more times than I can count. Alolan ninetales is there to set the weather and veil up, your priority is veil as this allows your set-up sweepers(chomp and mag) to wreak havoc along side being the only way you can defend yourself from rain teams(the volcanion variation of this team defeats rain more easily but it has yet to be tested thouroghly and lacks an all important ground immunity). Arctozolt's main duty is to keep opposing teams on their toes with the only mon able to resist it's moveset being rotom-heat it thanks to it's coveted Bolt-Beam coverage(except on roids with bolt beak) it can clock clefs, trans, and perts incredibly easily tearing many of the common cores in the tier, stomping tantrum adds an additionally terrifying dimension to the set as no mon wants to take a 150 BP ground type move after they switch into their ground type to block the bolt beak. Packing some incredible resists and all important electric immunity, chomp is an offensive rocker that can switch in on common threats to the team such as tran and zapdos. Then what makes this my preference over lando-t is the fact that this lad can go in and turn teams inward switching in and sweeping on command behind a veil it can seem almost unstoppable at times while using common walls as setup fodder. In the previous meta cinderace was crazy, absolutely broke boi. BUT that meta is over the crown tundra has brought in a whole host of offensive threats that can really hurt the team, this is where cinderace comes in as an offensive pivot, hjk dumpsters heatran and more importantly ttar which causes this team great trouble, gunk for faries, and pyro ball mainly for ferro which is incredibly dangerous to the team. Finally u-turn, possibly the most important move on the set, allows any of the more dangerous mons the team to get in on the action, meanwhile cinderace is protected thanks to it's boots and good speed tier. Finally the glue that holds this team together: Moltres. A little background on this team I went through 6 different mons to try and cover the coveted sixth slot on the team and non did it quite as well as moltres(with the exception of volcanion but I have yet to test that one thouroughly). Moltres serves as the backbone of the team while at the same making up for it's passive nature with utility and a slow u-turn. This mon serves as the important role of being the teams only ground immunity/resist while providing defog for a team who is naturally weak to rocks thanks to the it's ice types. Finally it serves as a reliable blanket check to the oppressive Metal Mosa cores that are currently pretty common.

:ss/buzzwole: :ss/magearna: :ss/toxapex: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/zygarde: :ss/clefable:
Buzzwole @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Toxic
- Roost

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Draining Kiss
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Scale Shot
- Glare

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Mud-Slap
- Soft-Boiled

Buzzwole Balance Team, featuring the star, Buzzwole itself that utilize its bulk and Heavy-Duty Boots to sponge damage from physical breakers such as Urshifu, Zygarde, Kyurem-Black, also checks Landorus-Therian, Excadrill and Buzzwole to an extend(unless you know, Toxic/Knock-off), the duo punch allow to deal with the mentioned mons above and Toxic is preferred over Bulk Up just to break other Buzzwole and catch stuffs like Zapdos/Slowbro/Spectrier that tends to come in.

Next we have Assault Vest Magearna that is ev'd to take on various stupid situations and I phrased it that way is definitely not because of me forgot about the reason behind the ev. Generally it is a great addition to the team as a special wall and checks to some choiced special attacker out there such as Spectrier, Tornadus-Therian, Thundurus-Therian, Latias...Also the set can live
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Magearna: 248-294 (68.1 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

So we also have defensive Toxapex with Rocky Helmet as a punisher to physical pivots such as Cinderace, Pheromosa, Swampert. It is also the only reliable check to Melmetal(just gauge the hit and see if its choiced, then go from there, also the helm chip on Double Iron Bash turns me on).

Introducing both Regieleki counters, Landorus-Therian and Zygarde. Lando-T serves as the rocker+defogger and it just do the job right. Choice Band Zygarde is the priority late-game cleaner and the instant-boosted Thousand Arrows just keep hitting without much drawback.

Last member is Clefable, but wait, it is Mud-Slap Clefable. This particular set is to annoy setup/taunt users like Tapu Fini and Heatran. Combined with Knock Off to get rid of the recovery items, it can 1v1 stuffs like defensive Heatran, Ferrothorn. Physical defensive spread is chosen over specially defensive spread after I versed quite a numbers of Latios that runs Psyshock > Psychic. (also that is the reason of me using defensive Toxapex so I can do a ballsy Toxic/Knock Off play when full health)

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1222852665-hqtvt1redb0tw1an9zpad8zde6p95ocpw Turn 48 Toxic on Buzzwole versing Buzzwole, they won't see that coming
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1221998119-6872km1z1oksx9ov20k6y6kizx5h75bpw (Turn 12 and Turn 20, custom ev'd mag that live crit psychic+specs weather ball peli in rain after rocks dmg twice)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1222104382-lcme0bns9fh9vw7kjj97n8vis7f5y9spw Toxic puts on a timer on Spectrier to force attack instead of setup
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1222809002-fbnlz5o4j0lllwpg4uxccynjmlqpg1ypw Mud-Slap Clefable 1v1 MagmaTrap Heatran and wear down opponent mons slowly, a slow and painful death awaits
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1222844534-l0jfbz20zf3oy3jfbesm36g63gwma7kpw custom ev'd mag take burn+rocks chip and take a Choice Band CC to the face and revenge killed the Urshifu I know this is a stretch of the custom ev spead but c'mon I have to advertise it

Hey guys, new to the forums but here's a sand team I built, featuring Sand Veil Garchomp. Been having a lot of fun with this squad and am hoping to bring some awareness to sand.

Sand as an archetype: I think it's quite under-explored right now, with rain being the most popular weather. However, sand received 2 great Mons from CT: Sand Rush Dracozolt and Sand Veil Garchomp.

Sand Rush Dracozolt speaks for itself. It fixes all of the problems it previously had with Hustle's inaccuracy and gives it the speed it needs to threaten the opposition. While 100/90/75 offenses are nothing stunning on paper, With full SpAtk investment and a Life Orb, it can 2HKO both Lando-T and Physically Defensive Hippowdon with Draco Meteor. It also pairs amazingly with Excadrill, who appreciates Dracozolt's Bolt Beak massacring the flying steels. Fire Blast and Earthquake provide solid coverage, with the former removing Ferrothorn and the latter removing Heatran.

Sand Veil Garchomp is a long lost memory, last time seen in BW. However thanks to Scale Shot, Garchomp can now viably use a Substitute + Swords Dance set with Sand Veil. With Smooth Rock extending sand to 8 turns and Garchomp's solid speed tier, Garchomp can find plenty of opportunities to fish for a Sand Veil miss and set up an SD. With +2 attack and a potential +1 speed boost from Scale Shot, Garchomp becomes extremely threatening and outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame barring Regieleki, who can't touch Chomp without Specs Hyper Beam. This set is similar to Zygarde's SubGlare setup sets, trading the amazing Thousand Arrows and Glare and some bulk for being faster and stronger, as well as having Swords Dance. It's definitely no Zygarde but I think it's quite fun to play around with.

The Team:

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Roost

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn

SpDef Mandibuzz checks Latios and Spectrier well, while Urshifu-RS + Garchomp checks Heatran. Urshifu-RS is also excellent for assisting in revenge killing Dittos that copy Excadrill and being able to OHKO Pheromosa with Aqua Jet after SR + 1 round of sand damage.

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pheromosa: 211-249 (74.5 - 87.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this and have a nice day! :)

Stall with trapper Quagsire

:toxapex: :quagsire: :moltres: :corviknight: :blissey: :clefable:

This team showcases this new Quagsire set:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Infestation
- Seismic Toss
- Yawn

Which can be used to kill trap a lot of bulky Pokemons.
All you do is 1) Infestation 2) Yawn to put the target to sleep 3) spam Seismic Toss.
This means you can trap pretty much any Pokemon unless they have U-Turn / Rapid Spin, can 2HKO Quagsire or have more than ~400 HP.

This is a good tool to stallbreak: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1226627334 (vs stall).
Or to remove annoying Pokemons like Calm Mind (Unaware) Clefable: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1227787346 (vs balance).
Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 15 Spe
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Poison Jab
- Toxic Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Infestation
- Seismic Toss
- Yawn

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Scorching Sands

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
EDIT - Possible changes that I use:
Shed Shell Toxapex.
Substitute > Iron Defense Corviknight, so you beat Future Sight users.
Calm Mind > Seismic Toss and Flamethrower > SBall Blissey.

Last edited:
Normally I won't be posting teams in a row that frequent, but since my team in my last post is unviable due to Zygarde ban, hence this is the team that I want to share that I found recent success with:
Specs Spectrier with two choice trick buddy up their sleeves
Spectrier @ Choice Specs
Ability: Grim Neigh
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hex
- Mud Shot
- Will-O-Wisp

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Clefable @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
:spectrier:
So the summary strategy for this team is to cripple opposing supporting mon with choice item and break through late game with the help of Toxic Spikes + Specs Hex spam. Here we have, the star of the team, Choice Specs Modest Spectrier. It is pretty straightforward with this one, choose either clicking Shadow Ball or Hex accordingly, or nab some burn on switch, last move Mud Shot is just there for stuff like Tyranitar that is sleeping(Rest), normal types that are near death, or guarantee the kill on Specially Defensive(SpDef) Heatran. Personally, I feel like Modest is important to roll over checks such as Hydreigon which I will put in replay section.

:toxapex:
Next we have SpDef Toxapex with Toxic Spikes that helps out to spread status and be annoying as ever. SpDef invested Toxapex can afford to Scald once against Nidoking that comes in to absorb Toxic Spikes and put it in range for Spectrier later on.

:clefable: + :magearna:
Here we have the double fairy trickers, Clefable and Magearna, holding Choice Scarf and Choice Specs respectively. Clefable is used as early-game tricker while Magearna is a mid-game tricker + late-game cleaner. Ideal targets are Toxapex, Blissey, Moltres, Zapdos and even Melmetal. Defensive Clefable also useful as a common check for Urshifu, Landorus-Therian, Swampert, Ferrothorn(stall out Gyro Ball), Pheromosa(except Quiver Dance variant).

:hippowdon: + :mandibuzz:
The last two slots are just your standard hazard setter and defogger duo, Hippowdon and Mandibuzz. Defensive Mandibuzz checks Rillaboom while Hippowdon checks Zapdos and both of them do the job of spreading Toxic to floating mons which Toxic Spikes can't touch.(also they like to stay in on Mandibuzz to Defog, especially Moltres and Landorus-Therian)

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1228194492-2jy8ei7xcgh3kegj9vnhvidjs1ljv57pw crippling fantastic
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1227752353-tyssgialwrtyfswzb3g9f8t59jnftbvpw spec spec horsie endgame
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1228196326-ugpp7hvwdmmt65771lzfyunogogguyrpw a demo of all team members doing their job to their finest: Clefable early cripple, Magearna follow-up with another one, Mandibuzz take care of hazard+cripple Slowbro and Landorus-Therian, SpDef Toxapex 1v1 Aegislash, Spectrier clutch sack

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
Hipster Stall

PokePaste
Lickilicky (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Xatu (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Roost
- Teleport
- Thunder Wave

I don't think that this team is as solid and reliable as traditional stall teams, but it's something different that I've had some fun with, so I thought I'd share it here. If nothing else, hopefully someone will find some of the concepts used in this team interesting. It was inspired by this Lickilicky team (Team #21 in the post) built by the legendary Ben Gay/craing ;_; back in the XY days.

Lickilicky is largely outclassed by Blissey/Chansey, but it has two unique things going for it. The first is that Oblivious prevents Lickilicky from being Taunted. This can be pretty big as Taunt users tend to be very difficult for Blissey/Chansey, and stall in general, to deal with. Lickilicky is able to do things like wall Taunt Heatrans that don't have Toxic and heal up against Taunt Tornadus-Therian and Taunt Tapu Fini, which Blissey/Chansey never could do. The second thing that Lickilicky has over Blissey/Chansey is access to Knock Off. This is really good because it allows Lickilicky to cripple pretty much everything and is helpful against opposing stall in particular. Lickilicky clearly doesn't have the bulk that Blissey/Chansey do but it's still pretty bulky and can stand up to a good deal of special attackers. Stall teams really appreciate having a reliable Wish-passer and Lickilicky fills that role. Lastly, I think that Lickilicky might actually be the best Spectrier counter possible, as funny as that sounds, thanks to the combination of Knock Off, Toxic, and Oblivious, to go along with its Normal typing, reliable recovery, and good special bulk.

Clefable is the Unaware Pokemon and this team's answer to Urshifu. It's also one of the only answers to Quiver Dance Pheromosa that exists and in general is good insurance against setup sweepers. Calm Mind allows Clef to boost up alongside and wall things like Volcarona or opposing Calm Minders, and also gives this team a potential win condition. Clef is also the cleric with Aromatherapy, which is nice for itself since without Magic Guard, it's susceptible to Toxic/burns.

Honestly, I don't know if Seismitoad is too good of a choice in the current meta; I just like it and wanted to try to fit it in. It is a Stealth Rock setter with a good amount of utility through its Electric and Water immunities and access to Scald and Knock Off. It's also a good switch-in to defensive Heatran that can threaten it out, but I wish that Refresh wasn't cut from the game for some reason, since it would allow Seismitoad to shrug off potential Heatran Toxics. If you don't want to fool around with Seismitoad, I've found specially defensive Hippowdon with Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Slack Off, and Toxic to be a reliable Rocker and Ground type in this meta, but the rain matchup would also become more difficult without Toad. I could also see a tanky Garchomp with a Rocky Helmet and Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Roar/Dragon Tail, and Toxic working over Seismitoad.

I think that Zapdos is really good right now and one of the best Defoggers in the tier. Volt Switch is nice for positioning and Heat Wave is great coverage against things like Ferrothorn, Excadrill, and Bisharp. I went with Pressure over Static to help in PP wars against opposing stall and help keep Rocks off in longer games. I also think that Static could be detrimental at times to this team (and other stall teams) because it could cause certain Pokemon to get paralyzed that you'd rather Toxic or potentially Scald burn. The Speed EVs are to creep Bisharp and Timid Magnezone.

Ferrothorn is the Spikes stacker. I went with full specially defensive, but I'm not sure if there's a better EV spread with some Defense investment. I wanted it to be specially defensive though to help against things like Tapu Lele and Draining Kiss Tapu Fini and Primarina. Tapu Fini in particular with Taunt, Calm Mind, and Draining Kiss can be a huge threat to stall if you're not prepared. Power Whip and Gyro Ball both generally hit hard and allows Ferrothorn to cover what I need it to, which is mostly Water and Fairy types. Leech Seed is always nice for some more passive recovery and chip damage.

Finally, Xatu is here for Magic Bounce. I think it's the best Magic Bounce user in the meta solely to prevent hazards from going up, but it's not as good as Mega-Sableye or something. Xatu can generally wall and prevent hazards from setters like Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Toxapex and most Blisseys/Chanseys. Prevent Toxic Spikes from coming up can especially important for this team, since I don't have a Poison Pokemon to absorb them and Unaware Clef, Seismitoad, and Lickilicky all really don't like being poisoned. Night Shade is good for consistent damage and Teleport allows you to position yourself without letting your opponent potentially get up hazards or inflict status. Thunder Wave is nice against things like Magic Guard Clef and Toxapex. The Speed EVs are just to creep Modest Magearna.

Here are a few replays that aren't from very high on the ladder and I play pretty sloppily, but they still showcase the team a little:

Replay 1 - vs. Balance - This is very low on the ladder when I was testing on a throwaway alt, but I went up against a legitimate team and I'm pretty sure this was someone else's alt as well. You really see here how nice Oblivious is on Lickilicky as it ignores Tornadus-T's Taunt, and you also see how good Xatu is at preventing your opponent from clicking hazards.

Replay 2 - vs. Rain - I was really dumb and let my Zapdos go against their Poliwrath for no reason, but the rest of the replay is decent. Ferrothorn does a good job of setting Spikes and Seismitoad's Water Absorb is nice. The Special Defense on Ferrothorn is also valuable because it lets it handle Kingdra in the rain, which would be difficult for Lickilicky to do.

Replay 3 - vs. Sticky Web HO - I forgot about the Red Card, otherwise I would have just gone to Xatu right away against Shuckle, but it doesn't end up mattering. Xatu ultimately prevents hazards from going up (even though this team doesn't really care about Sticky Web) and Ferrothorn stacks Spikes while also walling Tapu Lele. Lickilicky's special bulk is also apparent, as it handles Nidoking.

Last edited:

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ghost Spam is Broken
:ss/swampert: :ss/Heatran: :ss/mandibuzz: :ss/amoonguss: :ss/dragapult:
897[1].png
team here
First team to get me to top 100 this gen and as far as I'm concerned, one of the best teams I've made this gen.

It's pretty simple in functionality honestly, dual Ghost destroys every team without a Blissey, and Heatran 1v1s any Bliss Spectrier can't PP stall/chip to death with burns. Watch out for Tran+Bliss, it's absolutely a playable matchup but you need to be proactive about keeping your ghosts healthy and forcing any status you can onto Heatran. Amoong's spore is your friend in any unfavorable MU, be careful to not spore something useless like a 12% Clef, and treat Heatran's Leftovers like porcelain. Toxic>Tect on Heatran is a viable choice for making Moltres+Bliss a laughable MU. Spam status, and if that fails, spam more status.

Replays:
Vs. Rain (Example of how Ghosts allow you to overload teams you're out offensed by/can't spore)
Example of outplaying a bad MU (Blaziken is pretty much an L if pult drops below 90%)

Volturn Pokepaste

1606867056243.png
1606867109945.png
1606867184474.png
1606867230662.png
1606867275403.png
1606867314301.png

Hey! Volturn is one of my favourites styles to play, because is so fun outplay the opponent with predictions. Here's the team i built. Cinderace is a fast threat and has can deal with the most part of the tier. Silvally is the soul of this team. Parting Shot for momentum, Roar to break set up and Defog. Bulk Swampert with attack EVs to surprise. Specs Mag is the wallbreaker. Whenever possible, switch in and click Fleur Cannon. Almost always results in something falling. Koko to offer pression and Slowbro is to tank physical hits and spams Future Sight. The only problems i have seen with this team is to switch in front of Ferrothorn and counter Quiver Dance Pheromosa. I would to get some tips to counter that without big changes.

Attachments

https://pokepast.es/55ad817a99861370
My Sand Rush team starring Excadrill and Dracozolt. I do have a big weakness to ground types and Urshifu-SS, any criticism is welcome!

Dracozolt and Excadrill are terrifying wincons to use with each other, and are capable of breaking their way through the metagame. Tyranitar is the sand setter, a good SR setter, and obligatory Spectrier check. Moltres works in tandem with Tyranitar, dissuading fighting types with the chance of a burn. Ferrothorn can set spikes that make it easier for Zolt and Excadrill to score KO's. Dragapult is a great fast, special wallbreaker and pivot.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/55ad817a99861370
My Sand Rush team starring Excadrill and Dracozolt. I do have a big weakness to ground types and Urshifu-SS, any criticism is welcome!

Dracozolt and Excadrill are terrifying wincons to use with each other, and are capable of breaking their way through the metagame. Tyranitar is the sand setter, a good SR setter, and obligatory Spectrier check. Moltres works in tandem with Tyranitar, dissuading fighting types with the chance of a burn. Ferrothorn can set spikes that make it easier for Zolt and Excadrill to score KO's. Dragapult is a great fast, special wallbreaker and pivot.
Buzzwole with roost dp toxic ip can do all the things you mentioned regarding Moltres, while also giving you a good fight and ground resist, item is mostly down to preference, I tend to use rocky helmet, as it chips Urshifu, but leftovers, protective pad and heavy duty boots are also ok choices.

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Crocune Balance

Okay bop, gonna go straight in and put out the secret so here goes. I think I've become obsessed with using Suicune in SS OU. I truly do think that Suicune is a very underrated Pokemon and I feel the more I use it the more that opinion sinks into me. So I decided to build a Suicune balance team the other day cause why not, and I decided to use Crocune rather than Vincune due to the fact that while I think Vincune is truly great, the lack of any way to get rid of status is pretty detrimental to Suicune in my eyes. So I decided to use the infinitely more unpopular version, Crocune, aka the one that Rests and lets all the broken stuff in for free. Well in all honestly I'm pretty glad I decided to use Crocune because the mon has put a lot of work in for me and I want to share that with you guys.

The goal of the team is pretty simple. Crocune is my wincon and I want to support it as much as possible in terms of both offensive pressure and just simple wearing down. Hydreigon I touched upon as well and I feel its ability to be both a great Heatran and Spectrier check in one slot while also providing Defog and providing a Ground immunity is just amazing defensive utility. Next we have Magearna, I like Specs Magearna, a lot, its a ridiculously potent breaker and its ability to threaten so many Pokemon and take advantage of stuff with the combination of just Fleur Cannon + Volt Switch, which is great! Swampert is a pretty good Stealth Rocker for this team, volt blocker, momentum grabber with slow Flip Turn, wearing stuff down with Toxic, etc. Urshifu pairs outstandingly well with Specs Magearna, the VoltTurn combo is great as they are two sides of the same coin. What I mean is Magearna threatens out Pokemon that Urshifu struggles with such as Buzzwole, Mandibuzz and Clefable while Urshifu bops Blissey and Heatran if Magearna is Flash Cannon. Last we have Buzzwole, Buzzwole does Buzzwole things, its super fat on the physical side and its longevity makes it very good at what it does, as stuff like Rillaboom and Urshifu kinda just overwhelm my team, while Buzzwole helps to patch.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Substitute

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 162 HP / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Toxic

Blazidrago Offense
Pokepaste here:https://pokepast.es/b2838a58022f29ab

Offensive team focused on Blaziken and Regidrago.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam

Found this set online, and it’s pretty effective. As long as you manage to survive long enough to get 1-2 Quiver Dances off you kinda just win.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Blaze Kick
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Protect

Protect to get a Speed Boost off. That is all.

Regidrago @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Timid Nature
- Ancient Power
- Dragon Energy
- Hyper Beam
- Draco Meteor

Recommended to me by Francoise Fat(thanks btw). The idea is that you outspeed ‘cuz of scarf and OHKO almost everything with Dragon Energy. Ancient Power is there for Ice and Fairy-types. Draco Meteor and Hyper Beam just ‘cuz.

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Cage
- Volt Switch
- Rising Voltage

Fast Specs All Electric Set(this thing learns basically no other Special moves).

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Tri Attack

Yet another Special Attacker. Tri Attack has a chance to cause 3 different status conditions, so it has some versatility. Flamethrower for coverage, Pulses are for STAB.

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Body Press

Bulky Physical Attacker. Earthquake to deal with Fire-types. I use Body Press ‘cuz of it’s insane Defense.

Thanks for reading this far! Comments and ratings on this team are much appreciated!!:)

su1p

formerly VKadenius

Scarf Pheromosa Bulky Offense

Alright, I was making teams and testing as per usual and I created this. My goal was to make a solid team that matches up fine against most of the stuff on the ladder. I wanted to use Garchomp, because I really didn't understand why it's ranked A+ in viability so I gave it a try. The team ended up being very solid and I actually got reqs with it. This team is relentless and definitely pressures the opponent with Stealth Rocks and Spikes. Garchomp is just a standard LO Scale Shot variant. It's surprisingly powerful and can dish out a lot damage to the enemy team by itself, sometimes they let you kill their Zapdos. Scarf Pheromosa isn't something you see that much, but I would rather get the attack boost with Adamant Scarf and snowball than get speed boost with jolly banded. Urshifu-S is Taunt Black Glasses which I think is fine, it could be bulk up too I guess, but I like this a lot. Sometimes you can Taunt a Clefable that wants to heal and kill it later. I really like faking CB on Urshifu and changing moves. Ferrothorn is back and it wants to lay some Spikes. This is actually the only thing that can beat CM Tapu Fini, so keep it healthy. I could see myself using Power Whip > Gyro Ball too to beat Fini better, but Gyro Ball is great against a lot of stuff. You can usually get a lot of Spikes up, love it. Next up is Scarf Heatran. This thing hits like a truck with Eruption, the damage is insane. It's Modest, because I don't really feel like it needs the extra speed. If the opponent doesn't have Toxapex, Blissey or Heatran, you can pretty freely spam Eruption. Clefable is just a switch-in for physical Pheromosa and non-Poison Jab Urshifu. I really like Helmet on Clefable, because it's nice chip on Pheros so you can get it into Sucker Punch range slowly (hazards help too if it's not a HDB set). I'm a skillful player so my Clefable knows Thunder Wave strategy over Knock Off, because Heatrans can be paralyzed x Dd.

This teams pretty weak to the Sand + Buzzwole teams, but otherwise it has an okay matchup in most matches. Rain is difficult too, but definitely outplayable. QD Pheromosa also difficult, but outplayable by keeping Clefable healthy.

reqs.png

NIHILEGO GAPDOS WEBS
Hello guys this is my first post here. a team style i like is HO, I like Gapdos ever since it came out so i wanted to build webs for

shuckle.png

Dont Shuck With Me (Shuckle) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Final Gambit

To start off we need the webs king himself shuckle a pokemon which almost always gets off an hazard. This set allows it to encore taunters and defoggers to let in my mons safely.

zapdos-galar.png

Hiya mate (Zapdos-Galar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Thunderous Kick
- Agility

The star of the show is galarian zapdos, a pokemon with perfect coverage against OU meta(except zapdos-K and Koko). This is a very versatile set that lets it clean with an agility against offensive teams or break against defensive teams with Bulk Up. If they have a zapdos wait for it to be chipped to kill it. I run adamant to get the most breaking power.

nihilego.png

Lusameme (Nihilego) @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Power Gem
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam

The boy nihilego Beats every Stall team and hence is our stall answer. It also does well against rain weaking ferro and stuff. Against classic stall it just need to click meteor beam since nothing threatens it much besides hippo who we beat with knot.
spectrier.png

Old town road (Spectrier) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Grim Neigh
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Mud Shot
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Specs spectrier is a really good mon on webs hence why i chose it, it lets us clean bulky teams with most mons at 80% and our duo of gapdos and nihilego take care of its walls well.
rillaboom.png

Big boomer (Rillaboom) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower

The last two spots are slap-on for a common HO. When building i felt i need some kind of rain counter/priority user and rillaboom was it. It also helps nihilego get its grass knot to high BPs.
volcarona.png

Mothra (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower/Fiery Dance
- Psychic

I realized this team was weak to rillaboom and steel types and also pheromosa and bugs, so i decided to add on the bug queen itself. The two things that wall the psychic set(Heatran and slowbro) are almost beaten by every pokemon here. Hence Volc was a good slap-on for good Matchup against Offensive teams where it can use them as setup fodder and win. This ev spread outspeeds Landorus with max HP and the leftover EVs are dumped into defense.

The bad MU for this team are cinderce and latios but i found them to not be much of a big problem.
I have a ladder tour replay but the opp choked rlly hard so it isnt a good show for this team.
Poke paste- https://pokepast.es/c24c4af7a93123e1 Hope u guys like it

Also was struggling in 1500s yesterday on my ladder acc when i used this team this happened
20201205_183005.png

i can say that this team is atleast decent
Aight just broke 1850s today with like 81%GXE

Last edited:
Kyurem Stall (aka Heavy-Duty Boots spam)

Team I used to qualify in the suspect.

Just briefly commenting on the choice of some moveset / Mon.
Blissey Shadow Ball for Spectrier. Toxapex SpDef for Magearna and Rocky Helmet to punish U-Turn users. Clefable CM for some wincon. Mandibuzz because Future Sight exists. Hippowdon removes other weathers and gives immunity to Electric, and the star of the Kyurem team; prevents auto-lose against Heatran and check Crawdaunt. Substitute helps to handle FutureSight and Pressure is Pressure.
Boots in everything possible to make switches "comfortably" and try to ease the pressure suffered by FuturePort + Breakers.

P.S .: I don't feel restricted to build this way since the Dugtrio era, when I used Skill Swap Chansey + Pursuit Skarmory.

mid ladder scrub balance

I don't post in this forum a lot, but here's my take at a team that I built a month after when Crown Tundra was released. It's not much, though this team started to crumble quite a bit when special Pheromosa started popping up unfortunately; though it is able to do quite fine in a situational matchup as Rillaboom prevents the team from becoming a matchup fish and autolosing to Quiver Dance.

Remove threats by smashing teams with the physically offensive Urshifu + Rillaboom duo, but choose lead matchups wisely and find a perfect setup window for late-game cleaning. Keeping Pheromosa and/or Magearna in the game halts your momentum massively. Play the safe game by defogging any potential dual screens if Magearna suddenly decides to set up dual screens and try to meme on you with stored power, and wall Regieleki with Excadrill to prevent the opposing team from gaining momentum with ease.

You can force a multitude of switches and create positive 50/50 situations with Clefable providing Wish support. Preserving Excadrill and Moltres is important if any offensive powerhouses make a comeback.

Potential threats

Spectrier: Substitute sets turn your matchup upside down; try to sucker punch and sack Urshifu if it hasn't done much and if the other members of the team put in a lot of work. Grassy Glide and Stealth Rock chip massively halts SubNP sets.

Last edited:
I want to share three teams I’ve used to reach Top 250 on the ladder with my alt acc. (Spoilers: They’re all stall)

39F5CA26-BCF6-425F-91B4-EF6E17A83940.png
FBE8573B-F249-4244-9099-ACB8D906D0F7.png
A68757AA-0102-4059-8CE7-833DC35248B7.png
0BBB2CC6-F05B-4A93-AF72-57C16479B6E2.png
8B8F3724-D573-49B9-9AD7-CC3F5960A2B7.png
2B0C5BF2-8025-410B-8738-F3B63FC78BB0.png

https://pokepast.es/338aa82f2caad906

B64CFEA1-A2BF-4E62-8448-1FEF14E29B60.png
14A9648D-5C29-440C-AE4E-5240C6EA3F12.png
7390131D-F9F6-4EF7-96D7-40A19DDDA4B3.png
73FAA1EF-B77A-4559-BBFF-CB2AD957EF62.png
EC22A7B4-F454-4C8F-B11B-95B6238C71AF.png
FA444D6A-76A2-46D1-8BB6-C4A69AAFAD9C.png

https://pokepast.es/5818c523b7793d0f

2940590A-6F05-4EFC-8FAD-5B1B8063751B.png
D66A8D4E-C044-4B59-83FA-05DF0243A5FE.png
4BF1AE95-5236-4DDA-BEBE-AAEE01BF0141.png
0BDD8F6E-D843-4A7C-ACB9-F5C98E396CA9.png
F9D5EE7C-6B96-4307-B4A4-BA4A66CB99E6.png
BF6C55B1-5448-4CC4-83BC-F4071AD4F7B4.png

https://pokepast.es/bb4368e82673564b

-Blissey does Blissey things, walls out non CM Spect variants, and prevents the team from getting destroyed by Pult.
-Pex is max physD. More SpD investment can be ran for stuff like NP Torn. No item Pex lets the team have a safety net vs Daunt, Azu, and Bisharp while absorbing Knock.
-Corv is the defogger. Went with BB and Body Press to let it handle Rilla and Drill in one slot. Extra speed evs for outspeeding Ada max speed Conk.
-CM Unaware Clef is the teams answer to CM Spect, QD Mosa, Urshifu, DDnite, CM Clef, CM Fini, Vinecune, CM Reuniclus, etc.
-Without specially bulky grounds, the team falls to Volt Switch spam. You can choose between Hippo for longevity and Sand chip, Pert for better MU against Specs Magearna, Magnezone, Fini, and Melmetal, or Rhyperior for a better MU against NP Taunt Torn, Offensive Zapdos, the occasional Heattom, and defoggers. Keep in mind that Wish support is recommend if you want to keep Rhyperior alive (Pert too).
-Ditto is there to reserve sweep and outstall opposing stall. It also allows me to scout sets and answer to Future Sight + Urshifu by switching into Bro/King as Bro comes in and Porting right into Clef.

Usage tips•

-Always lead off with Ditto to get the edge on Mosa leads and scout out sets. The more knowledge, the better.

-Careful with Zen Headbutt Cinderace, don’t let Hippo/Pert/Rhyperior get weakened too much.

-Careful with Zone + Rilla teams.

-Play smart vs Ferro with Corv/Pex/Ditto. Very difficult MU imo.

-Try your best not to run into Sub-Roost Kyurem. It absolutely hard counters this whole team. Lmao

485198A6-5170-478A-A7C0-A16F06BC40A9.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)