Resource SS UU Team Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead

Approved by A Cake Wearing A Hat | Hosted by me also | Chowder-themed art by me, as well. | OP partially taken from last gen's edition
Hello and welcome to the Sword and Shield UU Team Bazaar! This thread will serve as a more casual way to drop new teams you've been building than Sample Teams. Show them off, and some of the more adventurous folks around UU could use them, and even improve upon them. Make sure you include some level of quality to the teams you post in here; basically, don't post a team full of NU 'mons and expect it to not be deleted. Also make sure you test your teams before you post them here; playtesting is an easy way to get rid of very obvious flaws in your teams and makes it easier on anyone that'd want to give advice on your teams or anyone that'd like to try them out! Making descriptions for your teams is important too; wouldn't want to just drop 'em there with no explanation, yeah? Also make sure you post an importable of your teams and include sprites for the benefit of everyone who sees your post - you can use the forum's built-in Sword and Shield sprites with the following code if you want:
Code:
:ss/pikachu:
(:ss/pikachu:).

If a team posted here is outdated (if some of the Pokemon are banned or move up due to usage) I will be including them in the archive in the following post. In addition, all rejected submissions from the Sample Teams thread will be placed here and archived, alongside their reasoning for not being accepted.

Have fun and get to posting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bewear teams by wuhoodude
:bewear::skarmory::blissey::celebi::palossand::incineroar:
:bewear::jirachi::chandelure::roserade::cobalion::rotom-wash:
:bewear::weezing-galar::jirachi::mantine::kyurem::seismitoad:

Haunter ParaSpam by Estarossa
:druddigon::roserade::haunter::tyranitar::jirachi::rotom-wash:

Choice Band Krookodile VoltTurn by Moutemoute
:slowking::mienshao::rotom-wash::cobalion::dragalge::krookodile:

Scyther team by Crushy Stuff
:druddigon::scyther::sylveon::slowking::jirachi::noivern:

Jellicent + Mixed Virizion Balance by TaxiCab
:jellicent::tentacruel::jirachi::virizion::hatterene::rotom-wash:

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
"Joke of a trick room team" by firsttimeplaying
:greedent::runerigus::claydol::escavalier::chandelure::drampa:

Dracozolt Screens by TheJLC3588
:espeon::indeedee-f::dracozolt::sirfetchd::chandelure::tsareena:

BunnyBear BO by wuhoodude
:bewear::diggersby::centiskorch::gigalith::roserade::noivern:

"Anti-Metagame Fat Balanced" by Moutemoute
:primarina::umbreon::venusaur::bronzong::flygon::charizard:

Sticky Web BO by TychXD
:duraludon::araquanid::tsareena::incineroar::ribombee::machamp:

"Cursed Rotom-Fan + Drampa BO" by Lilburr
:rotom-fan::golisopod::drampa::rhyperior::doublade::roserade:

Triple Fire-type Sun by Suhail
:ninetales::venusaur::incineroar::rapidash::weezing-galar::dugtrio-alola:

Swords Dance Necrozma + Toxtricity BO by A Cake Wearing A Hat
:necrozma::cobalion::incineroar::mantine::flygon::toxtricity:

Golurk Hyper Offense by A Cake Wearing A Hat
:golurk::cobalion::xatu::roserade::inteleon::rotom-frost:

Sun-era Sandaconda Stall by Bad feeling
:sandaconda::reuniclus::avalugg::noivern::umbreon::pyukumuku:

SubTox Araquanid + Runerigus Balance by A Cake Wearing A Hat
:araquanid::gardevoir::runerigus::cobalion::noivern::umbreon:

"sup gamers" by Notily
:salazzle::noivern::pangoro::gigalith::sylveon::celebi:

Double Bear Offense by wuhoodude
:bewear::pangoro::copperajah::noivern::rhyperior::tsareena:

Extreme VoltTurn by Jho
:pangoro::noivern::toxtricity::cobalion::flygon::gardevoir:

"SPASTIC TACTIC" by sparrow
:reuniclus::pangoro::haxorus::cobalion::golisopod::weezing-galar:

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/955ec660b3788f21

it’s a trick room team. Was really bored and just made it. I’ve had some success with it, and I’m pretty sure a skilled player (not me) could improve it and do good with it if they put their mind to it. I’ll highlight some key parts of the team

Runerigus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Memento
THE MAIN SETTER. Honestly I feel Runerigus is an underrated suicide lead. Especially on trick room teams. Just press rocks, trick room, and memento the heck on out of there.

Greedent @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Belly Drum
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Body Slam

I know I know greedent sucks, but let me just say it’s quite good under trick room. Sitrus berry and cheek pouch give it a free belly drum, and since your opponent will probably switch on memento, it’s probably guaranteed 2 or 3 kills since it basically has perfect coverage and good bulk.

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

Love it or hate it, drampa specs Draco meteor has to be one of the most of the most devastating attacks in the game. Seriously this thing is a NUKE. It has great coverage In pump and blast to round out its unique stabs. Draco Meteor is pretty much an ohko on any offensive Pokémon they doesn’t resist it or isn’t immune to it.

that’s all folks! If you’re truly curious about the rest of the team, just check the pokepaste.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Cursed Rotom-Fan + Drampa BO

This holds the title of best worst team I've ever made.

Click me for the Pokepaste!
:ss/rotom-fan::ss/golisopod::ss/drampa::ss/rhyperior::ss/doublade::ss/roserade:

This started off with me asking some people in the community if they'd tried Rotom-F, since in my head, it seemed pretty solid against a lot of the fat in the meta like Umbreon, Weezing, Milotic etc., and to my joy it's been pretty damn solid. You really could use any Rotom form for the set I'm using, I just chose the Fan form because it has an amazing defensive typing, can't get its ground immunity screwed over by Haxorus (forcing Outrage) and it has more bulk than regular Rotom.

:ss/rotom-fan:
Originally I had dual stab + sub + NP, but I found that it just couldn't set up at all. After a ton of set iterations, I came up with this, which I've been really happy with so far! There are a couple edits that can be made, like swapping out Thunderbolt or Hex for Volt Switch if you want. I don't think Air Slash is that good tbh bc as long as you status something (you will) Hex is stronger than STAB Air Slash anyway.
This thing is surprisingly solid! It annoys non-Scarf Dracozolt a lot with willo burns, can set up in the face of stuff like Weezing, Milotic, Umbreon, a lot of mons that are choiced locked into Earthquake etc. and acts as a really nice emergency check to a surprising amount of stuff like Haxorus as I said before. It's also really good against the new and annoying Corsola, which this team doesn't struggle with at all thanks to my next NU friend, but it's nice as a backup.

:ss/drampa:
This thing is SO GOOD LIKE WHAT. I originally put it on the team because it provides a solid enough check to Chandelure which the team is otherwise overrun by, but oml it hits so hard. Umbreon is the only switchin in the entire tier. Seriously. It's THAT strong.
It really abuses the fact that most people's dragon resists are Weezing, Bronzong or Doublade. They all get absolutely fried by Fire Blast (or just Hyper Voice in Weezing's case). It stonewalls all Corsola sets and denies it recovery thanks to Sap Sipper, and pretty much gets a kill every time it's on the field. Focus Blast is an option over Glare since it cleanly 2HKOs Umbreon and still does respectable damage to Bronzong and ngl I've clicked glare like twice.

Really fun team, got pretty high on ladder with it (top 50) and still climbing. Give it a shot if you like using stuff that shouldn't be good but is.

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Diggersby @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Centiskorch @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
I'm back at it with the bewears in the new gen. Made this team to support a fun bewear set I've been trying out. Sub bulk up bewear is really nice this gen now that it has darkest lariat. Since this set is walled by galarian weezing diggersby just breaks through it and other bulky things for bewear to sweep. Rest talk centiskorch is really nice cuz it not only counters galarian weezing but also checks lucario and knocks off really easily. Gigalith is a really nice rocker because it threatens out noivern and is another check to chandelure with centiskorch. Roserade provides toxic spike support for sub bewear and is somewhat of an answer to bulky waters. Noivern rounds the team off as the defogger. Basically milotic is annoying for the team but it can be pressured once it gets knocked off. Bewear has enough speed for milo.

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Foul Play

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake / Protect

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch / Defog

Charizard @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Mystical Fire / Flamethrower

Alright so basically I got bumped by my friend Elias PSY on the ladder when I was playing some brain dead Veil Offense. His team was way too hard to break and I lost while being pissed off pretty hard against him (because his sets were not conventional at all). After I forfeited, I thought about this match while calming me down and I have come to the conclusion that his team so actually super nice since it actually counters the current shitty metagame we have. No sooner, I decided to make my own team and since it works pretty nicely, I decided to share it with some people which are tired to lost vs some brain dead team.

• Primarina acts as a win condition with Rest-Talk + Calm Mind but also a pretty nice Fighting-type resist which allows it to handle some hits from Machamp or Sirfetch'd. It's also a good way to handle some Dragon-types.
• Physically defensive Umbreon is absolutely disgusting and aims to counter things like Belly Drum Linoone under Veil or DD Gyarados.
• Venusaur is a blanket check to Water-types such as Specs Primarina locked in Surf/Scald/Hydro Pump but also Milotic and Vaporeon. Thanks to its decent special bulk, Venusaur is able to handle some threats such as Rotom-Mow but also Toxtricity thanks to Earth Power.
• Bronzong is your lead of choice vs Veil Offense since Gyro Ball is able to OHKO even max HP Ninetales-A under the Aurora Veil (97.7 - 115.4%). It's also another nice answer to Specs Primarina when its locked on Moonblast or Psychic. I opted for Earthquake because I hate Toxtricity but Protect is also viable if you want to stall out some turns of Poison.
• Flygon acts as a great Pivot and a nice revenge killer thanks to its moveset. Thunder Punch is there to smack Gyarados while Earthquake is nice to punish things like Cobalion. Flygon also acts as a soft check to Toxtricity. You can opt for Defog over Thunder Punch if you think the team is able to handle enough Gyarados.
• Last but not least, Bulky Charizard is the Defogger and acts as a check to SD Lucario which can threaten the team otherwise and it's also a nice answer to Cobalion and Virizion if they don't have Stone Edge.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/0914d08b4307d054

:ss/ninetales: :ss/venusaur: :ss/incineroar: :ss/rapidash: :ss/weezing-galar: :ss/dugtrio-alola:

Quick little sun team. Had some succes on the ladder, mainly due to venusaur and incineroar with help from ninetales. Dugtrio is good for any opposing threats and works well with the team. Weezing is here to resist EQ and dragons. You might want Toxic on Weezing instead of Clear Smog but that’s personal preference. Have fun pressing Growth!
Out of interest why Ninetales over Arcanine?. I'd have thought the extra power from Extreme Speed would be more useful.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Random Battle Lead
lemme import some of my Research Week teams here while i give this thread some needed updating.

Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Incineroar (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 80 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Scald
- Roost

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Bomb

This is a SD Necro + Specs Tox team from Week 4 of Research Week. It fares pretty well, just as a whole, but it can struggle vs like Garde and shit. Noivern matchup isn't great but it's manageable. Croz is lum because it's just physical croz's best item.

Kevin (Golurk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Xatu @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 168 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heat Wave
- Teleport
- Roost
- Psychic

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Blizzard

This is a Golurk hyper offensive team from week 3 of research week, featuring double dance coba. This is all you need to know. Feel free to replace tbolt or trick with Will-O-Wisp on frostom if you need a better mamoswine matchup. The move orders are bad on purpose. Click x if you face sun.

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Liquidation
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Teleport

Runerigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

This is my most recent Research Week team, where I tested Runerigus and Subtox Araquanid. Araquanid's seriously really good, y'all. Try this team out. Thunder Wave Cobalion is an anti-noivern tech and otherwise this team just kinda works well as long as you're not facing like, Necrozma.

Last edited:
So here's a team I made while back. It's essentially bulky offense with webs. The goal is to get webs up and then let Duraludon run house. Incineroar help keep potential opposing sweepers like Polteageist and Doublade at bay, while also giving you initiative with Parting Shot. Araquanid can deal with tanks like MIlotic, Gigalith and Umbreon. Tsareena is your main form of hazard removal and can scares away Vaporeon and unboosted Blastioise. I've had pretty good success with this team myself, though I'm not the greatest battle...nevertheless. Hope ya like it!

Duraludon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Light Metal
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Steel Beam
- Flash Cannon

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Life
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Liquidation

Tsareena (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- U-turn

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Ribombee @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Defog
- Psychic
- Moonblast

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

This is a full stall with xIron Defense Sandaconda and AV Reuniclus peaked #1. The team has some issue with Roserade, Shiftry NP and Darmanitan CB under sun.

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Own Tempo
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spite
- Block
- Recover
- Rest

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish
- Foul Play

EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Toxic

Sandaconda @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rest

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Gyro Ball
- Future Sight
- Psychic

Last edited:

Notily

dirt rich
sup gamers

:salazzle: :noivern: :pangoro: :gigalith: :sylveon: :celebi:
Salazzle @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Gunk Shot

Gigalith @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Mystical Fire

Celebi @ Miracle Seed
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Recover

revamped version of a team i had from before pokemon home. salazzle generally has a good mu vs teams that use zong or coba as their rocker so the main mu i wanted to support it for was gigalith / rhyperior + sylveon cores. premise was that once lazzle toxics the rock type, opposing sylveon becomes the primary noiv switchin and it has to heal on it in order to check panda. if you can knock its lefties you should eventually be in a spot to taunt it w/ noiv and hopefully win the game from there. gigalith is the rocker cause with panda as the dark you need something to cover special ghosts. sylv is there to attempt to check haxorus but if it gets a dd its winning so don't let it do that i guess :blobshrug: (ban this mon). celebi rounds out the team as the main means of pressuring waters and checking some of the fighting types sylv + noiv struggle with (twave coba). also serves as a way of pivoting in panda. sun and screens mu seem alright for it but catch me avoiding the ladder like the coronavirus plague while uult is on. have fun

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
I've joined the pangoro hype train
:swsh/bewear::swsh/pangoro::swsh/copperajah::swsh/noivern::swsh/rhyperior::swsh/tsareena:
Bewear @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Bullet Punch

Copperajah @ Assault Vest
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 64 HP / 104 Atk / 248 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- U-turn

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 220 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Tsareena (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Pangoro has been rising lately and I thought I'd give it a try. Two pandas on one team work great together. Bewear is the obligatory panda #1, which is meant to be the breaker against pangoro's checks. With the ev spread, bewear outspeeds milotic and ohkos with +2 adamant silk scarf boosted double edge. This also ohkos sylveon without any prior damage and defensive galarian weezing most of the time without rocks up. Unboosted double edge has about an 80% chance to ohko noivern on the switch in. With these checks gone, pangoro is free to spam close combat. Pangoro is scrappy to just click buttons since it is locked in. I was also interested in trying out copperajah since av switches in on gardevoir and checks the likes of celebi for the panda bros. I stole this set from the UULT teams thread. The speed looks like it's for rhyperior. I have no idea what the attack is for but the set is working well for me. I opted for roostless noivern since roost loses a lot of momentum on this team. Noivern just wants to u-turn into pangoro on everything that wants to switch into it. Rhyperior is the rocker with enough speed for the standard golisopod set. Haxorus behind reflect is not 2hko by anything from rhyperior, so roar is specifically so haxorus on screens teams can't set up in front of it and auto win. To round the team off, tsareena spins and switches in to rotom-wash while also having u-turn for momentum right back into pangoro.

Last edited:
:pangoro: :noivern: :toxtricity: :cobalion: :flygon: :gardevoir:
https://pokepast.es/15e478c130be737f

I've been trying to get into UU recently and decided to build a team to get some games in on the ladder with and ended up with this monstrosity consisting of every single Pokemon being able to pivot out with one of U-turn, Volt Switch, Parting Shot, or Teleport. This wasn't the intention originally, but after starting with Banded Pangoro + Noivern, and then adding Toxtricity for the Sylveon matchup I noticed I had 3 already and committed. I would probably change Teleport to Trick on Gardevoir to ease the matchup vs fat if I were to use this outside of the ladder. Some issues that I came across when laddering was how difficult it was to deal with opposing Cobalion, as well as the lack of hazard removal being detrimental to a team like this despite the team not being very weak to them, they tended to rack up pretty quickly. However, it's easy enough to pressure any rocker that isn't Cobalion, like Rhyperior and Gigalith, and Spikes setters like Roserade can generally be dealt with between Noivern and Flygon. Cobalion can generally be worn down over time as long as you don't let Sylveon freely pass wishes to it. If anyone happens to have any success with this / makes any cool improvements I would love to hear about it!

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
Wanted to drop this before Haxorus is banned, used this team to get reqs fairly easily, also used this to casually ladder beforehand.
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.05.35 pm.png

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpA / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- First Impression

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch / Leech Life
- Spikes

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Strange Steam
- Fire Blast
- Defog / Toxic Spikes
I find this team very straightforward to use, main weakness' being opposing fire types in Darmanitan & Chandelure primarily. Idea is to stack hazards (double Knock Off) and chip away to end up sweeping with priority spam, hence Rocky Helmet on the Cobalion. The go to tactic versus Haxorus was to alway go Golisopod first, to scout either Band or DD; Band locked into Outrage always activates Emergency Exit and DD is chunked by First Impression. Most Darmanitan are lead, so I would usually opt to lead Haxorus and double to Cobalion on their first U-turn. The EVs on Reuniclus are for Chandelure's Shadow Ball (2hko) otherwise, Reuniclus is the all-purpose pivot for this team. Future Sight + two Fighting-type 'mons (three with Band CC Hax) is very easy to spam. The team has a favourable match up versus stall due to this fact. Lastly, I opted for Defog > Toxic Spikes on Weezing for consistency on the ladder and Sucker Punch on Golisopod was for random Protect Celebi, whilst doing more damage to Haxorus, Tea Pot and few other things I can't remember. Use this team while you can, use this team to get reqs, enjoy it while you can.

SS UU Balanced Offense
Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Copperajah @ Assault Vest
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Power Whip
- Heat Crash
- Earthquake

A balanced offense team that strives to do well against Gardevoir, UU's premier offensive threat. The only pokemon which Gardevoir can switch into on this team is Vaporeon, but Vaporeon can use protect to scout out Specs Gardevoir. Machamp is an offensive beast smashing through basically any defensive counterplay, and bullet punch erases Gardevoir, particularly with rocks and a bit of chip, which is where Gigalith can come in. Gigalith acts as a Gardevoir switch in if necessary, also checks Chandelure and Toxtricitee. Copperajah checks Gardevoir, Roserade (no sleep powder please), and Celebi(very important, NP would otherwise walk all over this team), also acts as an emergency Toxtricitee switch in. Reuniclus destroys all those bulky passive mons which could otherwise be more trouble, such as Mantine, Gastrodon, and basically bulky waters in general. Vaporeon provides wish support to my two special tanks who lack it. Vaporeon+Gigalith can really destroy anyone who continues to try to use rain teams. This team is overall fairly solid but UU is rife with threats, and some of those who can break through this team include our own mascot, Machamp. Machamp is so scary to see on the other team as it outspeeds my slow special tanks, outspeeds and takes out Reuniclus, and does not care much for whatever Vaporeon chooses to do. Basically the idea against Machamp is use sand+burn to chip it to death, Vaporeon can protect stall, also hopefully get Noivern in on a CC or knock off(as sad as it is to lose boots). I would swap out Copperajah for a Machamp counter, if one existed. The Machamp matchup is simply something to accept, but the Cobalion matchup could be improved, if you're willing to forgo clerical support you can use Jellicent over Vaporeon. Mantine can also be used but gets destroyed by stone edge cobalion. Jellicent also improves the matchup against Machamp if you run a colbur berry. For sure this team isn't flawless, but building in this meta to address all threats can be tough, as in you end up trading how good your matchup is against certain pokemon depending on the team. The DLC is dropping in not too long and I'm hyped, I hope players find success with this team while we wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Caution: This team is still functional, but it is not currently a sample team.

CHOICE BAND TERRAK
https://pokepast.es/ce0ff61e7fa8530b

:ss/terrakion: :ss/krookodile: :ss/slowking: :ss/weezing-galar: :ss/rotom-mow: :ss/jirachi:

Looks like we could use a team in this post-DLC meta.

The concept of this team is p simple, Future Sight with Slowking into Terrak gets you multiple kills on most fighting resists, allowing you to spam CC afterward. SR Krook is the glue to many teams, but with rindo so polteageist isnt a problem (assuming you broke the sash, if not, click X) G-weezing is the defogger and the primary check to Krook and fighters. Scarf Rotom-Mow so you can get in Terrak and scare out bulky waters, alongside crippling with Trick. Mixed Jirachi is a DOOZY tho. s/o to Juno for this set, but not only does it THROTTLE stall squads, but it also lures in pokemon that would eat up an Iron Head, including pokemon that Terrakion loves gone, such as Slowking, Palossand, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
Gonna drop some teams for the dlc meta.

Bewear @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 Atk / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Darkest Lariat

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Body Press

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scorching Sands
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 68 SpD / 84 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Toxic
SkarmBliss is self explanatory. I just tried to build off the weaknesses of the first three. Celebi is there with keldeo in mind and has enough speed for crazy people running jolly heracross. Palossand deals with terrakion, mienshao, and even krookodile. Incineroar deals with chandelure makes a mini pivot core with celebi.

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- Darkest Lariat

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Trick

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
This team was inspired by Estarossa's ParaSpam team here. Jirachi is the star Flinch™ mon that capitalizes from para support. Sub cm hex chandelure also benefits with boosted hex and can tear apart fat teams once incineroar and tyranitar are gone. Roserade is a nice answer to rotom-wash and can set spikes. Stun spore great for catching jirachi on the switch. Cobal provides rocks and can attempt to para opposing jirachi. Together with rotom-wash they can check krook and mamo.

Bewear @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 Atk / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Darkest Lariat

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Trick

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic
I like this team the most out of the bunch since the defensive synergy works so well while still putting offensive pressure. Bewear answers to crawdaunt. The bulky facade set works better on this team compared to the first as it punishes opposing toxic spikes if the opponent thinks it's even worth getting them up vs the team with 3 toxic spikes immune mons. Galarian weezing provides toxic spikes support for sub kyurem. Scarf jirachi can deal with terrakion and lycanrock-dusk that threaten kyurem. Mantine defogs and deals with keldeo. Seismitoad provides the team with rocks and walls rotom-wash that tries to gain momentum on mantine.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
wuhoo inspired me to recreate my ParaSpam team that he linked for the current metagame, and I'd say its supremely fun and irritating tbh.

:ss/druddigon: :ss/roserade: :ss/haunter: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/jirachi: :ss/rotom-wash:

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Stealth Rock
- Endure
- Gunk Shot

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin Druddigon is a rly cool mon that's just great for chipping down stuff like Jirachi constantly, and with Glare can spread paralysis around super easily. Endure can also work well (s/o Cynde) to let you force an extra 25% on Pokemon. This team is just built around spreading more paralysis with it to try and make Dragon Dance Tyranitar an actual viable option, when it usually immensely struggles with Choice Scarf Jirachi/Mienshao being super common. Stun Spore Roserade is excellent at forcing paralysis onto Jirachi for it, and forms hazard stack with Drudd. Choice Scarf Rotom-W provides an additional twaver, ground immunity, check to skarm and general pivot.

Haunter is a rather unique choice of paralysis abuser, but with its super powerful Hex's it can really break through teams once half the Pokemon have been paralysed. Sub + Dbond just gives it some ability to punish switches and force trades when it gets low. SubTox Jirachi can punish Paralysis further, and help to further weaken teams for Tyranitar / Haunter sweeps.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1152845767
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1152850777
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1152999455
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1153011715

Last edited:

click sprites for importable

This is a pretty standard Bulky Offense featuring the well known core of Future Sigh Slowking + Fighting-type. In this team Slowking's teammate is Choice Scarf Mienshao which is a Choice Scarf user that I wanted to test since a long time since it's able to outspeed other common Choice Scarf users such as Krookodile or Jirachi. Rotom-Wash is there to bring even more momentum to the team + it's a really good teammate to pressure Skarmory. Rocky Helmet Cobalion is my Stealth Rock setter + a nice way to chip things like Jirachi. I opted for Volt Switch to be able to pressure Skarmory which tends to come really often on Cobalion. Not gonna lie, I criticized Dragalge more than a week ago and I was wrong because this Pokemon is actually really fun to use in this metagame. Like its 4 other teammates, it's able to keep the momentum thanks to Flip Turn and it can absorb opponent's Toxic Spikes or place its own T-Spikes on the field. Last but not least, I decided to add Choice Band Krookodile because I feel like there isn't a lot of good Ground-type resist in the current metagame and the few which are good vs Ground-types (like Weezing-G) don't appreciate being Knocked Off. Overall the team is pretty nice and it's able to pressure pretty hard the opponent thanks to all its momentum abusers.
Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Slack Off / Psyshock
- Scald
- Future Sight

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot / Defog
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Flip Turn
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Darkest Lariat / Stone Edge / Iron Tail
- Close Combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)