Wormadam - IIII

Gothita line - I
Hoothoot line - I
Dusclops & Dusknoir - III
Buizel line - III

Simi Trio - I
Mienshao - III

Moves:
1. Leaf Torndao by Yoshiblaze - 60 BP, 90% Acc, 16 PP, Grass, Special, Switches the opponent out into a random teammate if it hits, -6 Priority
2. Alolan Starter Z-Moves by AquaticPanic - Sinister Arrow Raid traps the foe, Malicious Moonsault ignores stats changes and screens and deals double damage on Minimized targets, Oceanic Operetta cures the user's team of status aliments.
2. Dragon Fang by Stitch98 - 85 BP, 100% Acc, 16 PP, Dragon, Physical, Perfect accuracy, 30% chance to flinch the opponent, Bite, Contact
2. Draining Kiss by Stitch98 - 75 BP, --% Acc, 16 PP, Fairy, Special, Heals the user for 1/2 of the damage dealt, Draining
2. Fell Stinger by Squidy822 - 65 BP, 100% Acc, 40 PP, Bug, Physical, Perfect accuracy, Raises the user's Attack by 3 stages if it KOes the opponent with it, Contact
2. Leafage / Fairy Wind by Stitch98 - 40 BP, 100% Acc, 48 PP, Grass / Fairy, Physical / Special, Hit both foes in a double battle, +1 Priority, Non-contact

Items:
1. Pikanium Z / Pikashunium Z by Yoshiblaze - If held by a Pikachu / Cap Pikachu with Volt Tackle / Thunderbolt, it can use Catastropika / 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. Doubles the holder's Attack and Special Attack if the holder is a Pikachu.

Abilities:
1. Bell Chime by AquaticPanic - The user uses Heal Bell when switched in
1. Quick Feet by Yoshiblaze - If this Pokemon is statused, its Speed is 1.5x; ignores Speed drop from paralysis and this Pokemon cannot be fully paralyzed
3. Hasty by Yoshiblaze - This Pokemon's moves don't have to charge up and this Pokemon doesn't have to recharge
3. Mimetism by Stitch98 - Holder gains the type of the active Terrain as its secondary typing, following Camouflage mechanics.

Adjustments:
1. Passimian by Stitch98
2. Wormadam by Yoshiblaze
3. Buizel line by Yoshiblaze
3. Dusclops & Dusknoir by Yoshiblaze (originally AquaticPanic)
3. Mienshao by AquaticPanic
3. Sentret line by Yoshiblaze

And with that, we head into the 3rd-to-last Distribution phase, so hop on Discord or in the thread and discuss what should get the new moves and abilities!

Distribution Results!
Moves
Leaf Tornado
- Old Distribution + Tornadus, Bounsweet line, Tangela line, Celebi, Exeggutor, Exegguto-Alola, Rowlet line, Fomantis line
Dragon Fang - Bagon line, Charizard, Deino line, Druddigon, Guzzlord, Noibat line, Trapinch line, Silvally, Tyrunt line, Zygarde, Gible line, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom, Sceptile, Gyarados, Axew line, Mawile, Sharpedo, Huntail, Ekans line, Seviper, Aerodactyl
Draining Kiss - Old Distribution + Bruxish, Alomomola, Beautifly, Flabebe line, Togepi line
Fell Stinger - Old Distribution + Maractus, Venipede line, Pinsir, Heracross, Nincada line, Sandslash, Sandslash-Alola
Leafage - Old Distribution + Leafeon, Flabebe line, Bellsprout line, Nuzleaf & Shiftry, Sewaddle line, Skiddo line, Carnivine, Treecko line, Sunkern line, Cherrim, Celebi, Budew line, Tropius, Shaymin, Virizion, Phantump line, Dhelmise, Comfey
Fairy Wind - Old Distribution + Diancie, Ralts line, Mime Jr. line, Suicune, Vivillon

Abilities
Bell Chime
- Chingling line (Replaces Levitate), Bronzor line (Replaces Magic Warp), Skitty line (Replaces Normalize), Bellsprout line, Miltank (HA; Replaces Sap Sipper)
Quick Feet - Old Distribution + Rapidash (Replaces Run Away), Electrike line (HA; Replaces Minus), Dodrio (Replaces Run Away), Hitmonlee (HA; Replaces Unburden), Blitzle line (Replaces Lightning Rod)
Hasty - Swirlix line, Pumpkaboo line (Replaces Pickup), Rhyhorn line (Replaces Reckless), Pidgey line (HA; Replaces Big Pecks), Maractus (Replaces Chlorophyll), Farfetch'd (Replaces Keen Eye), Linoone (Replaces Pickup), Vikavolt, Dugtrio (Replaces Sand Veil)
Mimetism - Kecleon (Replaces Color Change), Stunfisk (Replaces Static), Corsola (Replaces Hustle), Sewaddle line (HA; Replaces Overcoat), Skrelp line (Replaces Poison Touch), (All) Deerling line (Replaces Sap Sipper), Bonsly line (Replaces Sturdy), Dwebble (Replaces Weak Armor), Flabebe line (Replaces Symbiosis), Mothim (Replaces Guard Up), Staryu line (Replaces Natural Cure)

Retroactive
Ice Punch & Ice Fang - 10% Chance to freeze

Now begins the Discussion phase, which will last about a day

Last edited:
I gotta say, I like this. Time to throw my hat into the ring. Apologies if my competitive knowledge and knowledge of this pet mod's meta is a little rusty.

I'm short for time, so I won't put example sets in here.
Really not much to say here. It's certainly a better move, but I don't see the switching effect being too useful, I mean, it does have it's niche uses, but it's by no means a staple. It's just a Grass Dragon Tail, which you don't see that much anyway.
Dragon Fang has become in essence the best physical Dragon move on offer, being stronger than Dragon Claw and with a bonus flinch chance. I'd say that the Pokemon to benefit most from this would probably be Salamence, Mega Zard X, Tyrantrum, Zygarde, Garchomp, Rayquaza, Zekrom and Haxorus. Most of these have solid STAB moves in their other types, impressive attack power and enough speed to benefit from the flinch chance. Definitely a move to watch out for.
At first this didn't really jump out to me, but the recovery really does benefit some of the Pokemon lucky to get it. Mons that came to mind here are Togekiss, which doesn't really have a good Fairy move anyway, and Alomomola, who would just love the extra recovery. Decent power on top of it too, I could see some use coming of it.
This move suddenly got a little scarier! The power boost, although it is not huge, suddenly makes this move a little easier to pull off, and somewhat scary mons like Scolipede, Pinsir and Heracross would easily blow holes in teams with a +3 attack stat. Very interesting.
Grass and Fairy-type priority was certainly something that was needed. A lot of Pokemon now have access to Leafage but nothing too outstanding picks it up except for maybe perhaps Virizion, Shaymin and, in particular, Dhelmise, who seemed to be in desperate need of a priority move.
Fairy Wind, on the other hand, has been popped onto some Pokemon who, while they did not need it, like the option of it, Gardevoir and Diancie caught my interest. Both moves could be of interest to the Pokemon who happen to have them.

Ok, having Heal Bell on switch is pretty insane. The best user of this would most likely be Bronzong, an already excellent support pokemon, this ability is the perfect addition to it. But, I can see every other Pokemon that gets it getting quite the viability boost too, basically making status moot until they faint is an incredible tool to have.
Another ability that gives the middle finger to status, although not quite as insane as Bell Chime. Still gives any Pokemon with it the benefit of a helpful speed boost and it really forces your opponent to play carefully. All of the mons that get it really get a bit out of it.
This is an interesting ability, moves that came to mind include Giga Impact (pretty much everything, but most notably Pidgeot, Farfetch'd and Linoone), Hyper Beam (pretty much everything again), Sky Attack (Farfetch'd) and Solarbeam (Gourgeist and Maractus). All of this makes those moves much more viable and the mons using them much more dangerous. A must-use for any mon that gets it.
Honestly I see this as a very niche ability due to some of these Pokemon being unable to set up their own terrains and having to rely on others to do so, but nonetheless it creates some interesting opportunities with how the types can be changed. There are too many possibilities for me to even try to list, but I imagine something good can certainly come out of this if it's found.

Pikachu suddenly just got a lot better. Its Z-Crystals now work as a Light Ball with benefits, and a Z-Move with doubled attack stats really has to hurt. Not much else to say other than the obvious.

I'm not going to talk about everything because I feel that already the Pokemon have been quite well explained and I simply don't have much time on my hands atm. I'll try my best nonetheless. Also, weird computer issue rn only allows me to save screenshots, so no gifs :(
Mienshao surprisingly gets less from Pixilate than I would've expected, but its new Fairy moves still work for it. Really the only Normal move I could see getting something out of Pixilate is Fake Out but even without the ability it now has some scary tools at hand.
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Jick
- Play Rough / Heartbeat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off / U-Turn

The three new Fairy moves it gets are really up to you whether you want to use them or not, they all have their uses, but I wouldn't really recommend Fairy Charge with a Life Orb set, but it would be a move to consider with any other item.

I apologise for not going into as much detail as I would've liked, I really didn't have that much time to write this up, but I hope it helped with the discussion :)

Obligatory Discussion Post

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Aquatic Assault
- Double Kick
- River Stream

Other Options: Anguish Bandanna, Bulk Up, Ice Fang, Pragma Strike

FINALLY, JUSTICE FOR FLOATZEL. With it's nifty new STAB combo in Water/Fighting and some moves to actually abuse Technician with in Double Kick (75 + 75 BP) and River Stream (105 BP + switches you out) plus having Technician-boosted priority and a strong move in Aquatic Assault makes Floatzel an actual threat. Use as a cleaner or a pivot, but I'm so glad Floatzel is at least UU material now.

Bronzong @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Bell Chime
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bell Chime
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Milk Drink

Ladies and gentlemen, the Jirachi and Chansey of status moves. Luckily for status spreaders, their much worse stats and worse pivoting ability means that they probably won't be too prevelant, at least in OU, so in most matchups, your Toxics and Will-O-Wisps are safe. Also, because of the wording or Bell Chime specifically using "Heal Bell," this means that Bell Chime doesn't work on partners with Soundproof, so that's a thing.

Delcatty @ Leftovers
Ability: Housekeeping / Bell Chime
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out / Wish
- Return / Wish
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

This thing still sucks, I just want to call attention to the fact that it has both Housekeeping and Bell Chime at its disposal...

Starmie @ Distress Glass
Ability: Mimetism
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Pair this up with Tapu Koko and now you get STAB on Water/Electric coverage + the second half of BoltBeam to spam. Now that's a superstar.... still can't use Teleport with it, though.

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z / Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt
- Focus Blast / Calm Mind

If you thought Tapu Lele was annoying for stall before, now Draining Kiss is an actually threatening move AND heals it

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draining Kiss
- Air Slash
- Roost / Thunder Wave

Like Kilgrave mentioned above, Togekiss is also pretty good at stallbreaking with a new found healing option, especially when paired with a Bell Chime user so it won't miss running Heal Bell too much

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Bug Bite / Twineedle
- Iron Head
- Drill Run

Y'all lucky Time Warp is banned and Flame Wheel exists, cuz with this thing running around with a 97.5 BP move that boosts its Attack my 3 if it kills with it, nobody would be safe. Also, Swarm-boosted Bug Bite and Twineedle.

Tapu Bulu @ Anguish Bandanna
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Fairy Charge
- Superpower
Fit Leafage in here somewhere

OH, TAPU BULU WITH PRIORITY, FUN
The good thing is that Tapu Bulu has a really hard time choosing between giving up Horn Leech's longevity, Fairy Charge's STAB, and Superpower's coverage, so there's that.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice / Leaf Tornado
- Leaf Tornado / Earthquake

Leaf Tornado AV Tang is a pretty cool phazer, seeing as it's bulky enough to take a hit from a sweeper, can phaze it out with a move with no immunities and then switch out to get its health back. And with all of these crazy sweepers running around, this is something we definitely needed.

Furret @ Agony Boots / Choice Band / Anguish Bandanna / Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Furret @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate / Cute Charm
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Return / Play Rough
- Slack Off
- Quick Attack / Substitute / Dynamic Punch

Our precious special little boi (or girl) can finally live in a world where it's not outclassed and have it not be Gen 3 PU (side note: Furret is a monster in Gen 3 PU). The Choiced/Torment item set can hit like a truck and run away and the Coil set can setup and sweep while making its 85/64/55 bulk look much better than it is with Defense boosts and Cute Charm lowering the opponent's Special Attack. Furret always deserved better and now here it is.

Pidgeot @ Anguish Bandanna
Ability: Hasty
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Giga Impact
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

Hasty gives Pidgeot risk free (other than the 10% to miss) 140 and 150 BP STABs, one of which can flinch. There's not much else to say here, that's really good, especially for something with just 80 Attack.

Dodrio @ Stun Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick / Knock Off
- Swords Dance
Other Options: Stomping Tantrum

With Quick Feet, Dodrio reaches a blistering 525 Speed, more than enough to outspeed most things in the meta (for reference, one of the fastest and most common sets in Agony Boots Serperior, which only reaches 474 Speed), giving it more than enough time to fire off a boosted Facade or even SD up.
Y'know, the last few slates have given a lot of buffs to Normal/Flying-types (Pidgeot & Farfetch'd getting Hasty, Dodrio getting Quick Feet, Mega Pidgeot getting Aura Sphere, Unfezant getting Technician and more moves) not to mention Air Stream existing. Is BirdSpam coming back?

Primarina @ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Who wants to take a, after STAB and Torrent boosts, 439.75 BP Water move with perfect accuracy to the face that also heals that whole team of status? Anyone?

Pikachu @ Pikanium Z
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Volt Switch
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off

Just when Raichu thinks it can finally have the spotlight for itself, look who comes to rear its ugly head. Oh, don't get me wrong, Raichu is still way better with Light Ball and all, but can Raichu fire off a Z-Move off of 418 Attack? I think not.

Gourgeist-Small @ Ghostium Z
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Trick-or-Treat

FInally, Z-Trick-or-Treat Gourgeist has 2 good STABs on one side of the Physical-Special spectrum! Rejoice!
Okay, it has Shadow Charge, though Phantom Force has move initial power and goes through protection, so walls can't stall it out that way.

Dusknoir @ Assault Vest / Anguish Bandanna
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch / Sky Uppercut / Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak

Punch things. A whole lotta things.
It's worth noting that Ghost/Fighting isn't perfect neutral coverage anymore, but the only thing that can stop you is Banette and its Mega, so you can still usually go ham or pack a Pursuit trapper/Shadow Tag user just in case.

Rapidash @ Stun Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
- Flame Wheel
Other Options: Double Kick, Facade, High Horsepower, Megahorn

This pony can go real fast and can fire off 160 BP Flare Blitzes and 150 BP Wild Charges at will and heal off the recoil with Morning Sun. Also, Flame Wheel trapping.

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fairy Charge
- U-turn / Hot Tag
- Knock Off

What exactly do you switch into this? I'll be back when you give me an answer. And don't get me started on Pixilate Fake Out.

Wormadam-Trash (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guard Up
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Quiver Dance

Having Synthesis and Guard Up makes this thing so much better. Guard Up (which I legit forgot we gave it) allows you to wall the thing in front of you easier while you set up Spikes and are actually able to heal with Wormadam-Grassy's Synthesis. Also, Quiver Dance is a funny gimmick, but enough of those will make you tough to bring down and have a scary Flash Cannon to fire off.

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Rock Wrecker
- Earthquake
- Giga Impact
- Toxic / Filler

I ' M G O N N A W R E C K I T

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sylvemons-discussion-phase.3612509/post-8025765That post tells you everything you need to know about this thing

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Here's some stuff

Tyrantrum @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash / Stone Edge / Dragon Dance
- Dragon Fang
- Ice Fang
- Thunder Fang

There are probably better sets out there, but... Dragon Fang boosted Dragon Fang.

Passimian @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis
- Sky Uppercut
- Earthquake

Idea is bait and hit Flying mons with Sky Uppercut on switch. Drain Punch STAB + Triage is really good, and earthquake is there for coverage. While I don't think it will quite be OU due to Lele and the omnipresent Jirachi, it's for sure gonna land at least in UU

Mienshao @ Anguish Bandana / Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Fairy Charge
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

That sweet 120 BP STAB that gets healed off by Regenerator. Grave and Yoshi already covered the other sets.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Name: Oblivious
Existing Ability?: Y
Effect: This Pokemon cannot be infatuated or taunted. This Pokemon also ignores its own stat stages when taking or dealing damage.
Niche: Reverse Unaware. It prevents the Pokemon from setting up, however, your own stat drops are ignored too. Any Pokemon that runs Superpower, Close Combat, Aquatic Assault, Overheat, etc. and has no reliable set-up moves benefits from this. Not as good as Contrary + those moves, but good enough.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Old Distribution + Camerupt, Ludicolo.

Name: Unnerve
Effect: On switch-in, the opponent's item becomes disabled for 4 turns. Pokemon behind a substitute are immune.
Niche: Too many to list.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Old Distribution.

Name: Crunch
Existing Move?: Y
Category: Physical
Effect: 85BP
Niche: All "Fang" moves were buffed to 85BP, but Crunch is still only 80BP. I suggest keeping everything else about the move the same, but increase BP by 5.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Old Distribution.

Pokemon: Walrein

New Abilities: Strong Jaw (Replaces Ice Body)
Move Additions: Rinse Off, Aquatic Assault, Fire Fang, Electric Fang, Psychic Fangs

Pokemon: Claydol

New Abilities: Unnerve
Move Additions: Recover, Aura Sphere, Mud-Slap, Muddy Water

Pokemon: Ludicolo

New Abilities: Oblivious (Replaces Own Tempo)
Move Additions: Leaf Storm

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Name: Bloodsucker
Existing Ability?: N
Effect: Boosts Healing moves by 1.33x in damage and heals for 50% more. Only affects damaging healing moves
Niche: Buffs healing moves. Kind of obvious lol
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Buzzwole (HA, replacing Perseverance), Crobat line, Gliscor (Replaces Hyper Cutter), Swoobat line (Replaces Klutz), Ribombee line (Replaces Honey Gather), Beautifly, Gorebyss (HA, replaces Hydration), Chandelure (HA, replaces Infiltrator), Victreebel (Replaces Gluttony), Vileplume

Name: Swamp Simian / Pyre Primate / Marine Monkey
Effect: Summons Swamp / Sea of Fire / Rainbow on switch-in (Swamp gets nerfed to lowering foe's speed by 1.75x rather than 4x)
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Sages / Sears / Pours

Name: Rollout / Ice Ball
Effect: Outrage Clone
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Round mons

Name: Dive / Dig / Fly / Shadow Force / Phantom Force
Effect: No charge turn under their respective weathers
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Honestly none new

Name: Soul Drain / Vampire Bite
Existing Move?: N / N
Category: Special / Physical
Type: Ghost / Dark
BP: 85 (Z-160)
PP: 16
Effect: Heals user for 50% of the damage dealt
Niche: More healing moves, mainly for flavour.
Potential Pokemon With This Move:
SD: Chandelure, Yveltal, prolly more that i'm forgetting
VB: Bats and mons with lore based on Bites and Fangs (Tyrantrum, Poochyena, Granbull, Eelektross, etc)

Name: Snatch
Effect: Now affects all status moves that don't faint the user
Nieche: Anti-Lead possibility

Pokemon: Beartic
New Typing: Ice / Fighting
New Abilities: Adaptability / Slush Rush (Swift Swim)
Move Additions: Close Combat, Ice Shard, Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Icicle Spear

Pokemon: Minccino and Cinccino
New Typing: Normal / Fairy
New Abilities: Cute Charm and Fur Coat / Housekeeping (Skill Link)
Move Additions: Bone Rush, Play Rough, Fairy Charge

Pokemon: Hoothoot and Noctowl
New Typing: Flying / Psychic
New Abilities: Intimidate / Prankster (Tinted Lens)
Move Additions: Calm Mind, Psyshock, Aeroblast, Energy Ball, Aura Sphere

New Type: Grass / Normal, Fire / Normal, Water / Normal
Most moves here are the ones a lot of Normal-Type mons get.

(Itallic means Pre evos don't get it)
All: Earthquake, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam/Punch , Psychic, Pursuit, Shadow Ball, Zen Headbutt, Belly Drum, Blizzard, Thunder/Bolt, Last Resort, Quick Attack, Swords Dance, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Heal Bell, U-Turn, Tri Attack, Double Hit, Stomping Tantrum, Double Kick, Curse, Agility, Stone Edge, Final Gambit, Sucker Punch, Iron Tail, Iron Head, Double-Edge, Fake Out, Encore, Happy Hour, Jump Kick, Slack Off, Earth Power

Sage: Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Parting Shot ("Speak no evil")

Sear: Water Pledge, Grass Pledge, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, Perish Song ("Hear no evil"), Burn Up, Flame Bullet

Pour: Grass Pledge, Fire Pledge, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Glare, Mean Look, Lock On ("See no evil"), Aqua Jet, Liquidation

Rationale: Early route mons, and their pallete and design also scream Normal.
Competitive Value: Normal-Type mons get a huge movepool most of the time. This carries over to the Simis too, now being much more versatile and less predictable. All of them can run a Z-Happy Hour set, gained Priority, Fake Out and heavy coverage (As well as a way to pivot), with better set-up options (They're mixed mons with Nasty Plot but no SD for some reason).

Last edited:

Pokemon: Shiftry
New typing:

New Moves: Air Current, Slipstream, Wood Hammer, Haunting Scream, Psychic, Psyshock, Vacuum Wave, Sonic Boom, Stone Edge, Ancient Power
New Abilities: Chlorophyll / Air Stream | HA: Aerilate
Niche: Second official user of -ilate Fake Out (after Mienshao), this can be a way to enhance this tengu. The Flying type always seemed more fitting for Shiftry, given its relations to wind (that’s why I gave it also Air Stream).
Name: Magician
Effect: Swap user's Item with opponent's on switch-in.
Niche: You can either use it to pass status orbs to the opponent or to nerf the members on its team that rely more on their Item, like Gliscor or Scarf users.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Old Distribution, Mime Jr. line
Name: Mimic / Mirror Move
Existing Move?: Yes
Category:

Type:
/

BP: --
PP: 15-24
Accuracy: --%
Effect: Copies last move used by the opponent and uses it immediately; the move replaces Mimic / Mirror Move in user's moveset until it switches out.
Priority: 0
Misc.: Both don't make contact.
Z-Move: can be performed with Normal / Flying Z-Crystal, but turns the copied move in its Z version.
Niche: An effect that is the combination of the two assigned to both. You can use it to copy useful moves you don't have, like status spreading moves (Toxic, WOW, TW, Confuse Ray, etc.), or hazards (SR, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, etc.), recoveries (Recover, Synthesis, Aromatherapy, Heal Bell, etc.), generally useful moves (Knock Off, priority, etc.) and everything your imagination wishes.
Potential Pokemon With This Move:
Mimic: Remove it from the learnsets of all Pokémon that learn it by TM in 1st gen and from the Move Tutor in 3rd gen, leave it only to those who learn it from leveling and breeding, but also to Basculin, Whishiwashi and some Fairy, Psychic and Ghost types.
Mirror Move: all Flying types that don't already learn it, Psyduck line.

Name: Raging Fury
Existing Move?: No
Category:

Type:

BP: --
PP: 10-16
Accuracy: --%
Effect: Raises user's Attack by +4, but lowers both Defense and Special Defense by -2.
Misc.: Both don't make contact.
Z-Move: raises Speed by +2.
Niche: Bring a sweeper to full potential and destroy opposing team! Obviously is thought for mediocre Pokémon to rise, not for strong ones to be broken.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Rattata and Alolan Rattata line, Beedrill, Spearow line, Zubat line, Dodrio, Mankey line, Krabby line, Rhyhorn line, Tauros, Gyarados (fits with flavour, but probably broken), Feraligatr, Snubbull line, Donphan, Carvanha line, Nuzleaf and Shiftry, Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga (reference to R/S and MD), Darmanitan (shouldn't be able to use it in Zen Form), Bouffalant, Zweilous and Hydreigon, Yveltal, Guzzlord

Last edited:
Hello! This is my first time posting here, so if you think anything is too over/underpowered, let me know.
Name: Battery
Effect: Boosts the power of Electric-type moves by 1.5x.
Niche: Similar effect to changed Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent, provides a large buff to certain Electric-type Pokémon. Ideally would be used on weaker Electric-types or those who lack a good Electric-type STAB.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Electrode-line, Electivire-line, Magnezone-line (In place of Analytic), Rotom, Togedemaru (In place of Sturdy), Vikavolt-line (All members now)

Name: Stench
Effect: All of the user's Poison-type moves have an additional 30% to badly poison the target
Niche: Makes switching into certain Poison-type Pokémon very risky, and frees up a slot in their moveset (since Toxic is no longer necessary). In general, makes walling Pokémon with this ability much harder.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Old Distribution, Muk-Alola-line (Replacing Poison Touch), Vileplume-line (All but Bellosom), Weezing-line.

Name: Primal Aggression
Effect: This Pokemon's Attack and Speed are raised by 1 stage if hit by a supereffective attack.
Niche: A high risk/reward ability that can turn many Pokémon into serious offensive threats.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Darmanitan-line, Donphan (Only Donphan), Dodrio (Only Dodrio; Replacing Run Away), Fearow-line Houndoom-line (Replacing Early Bird) Pangoro-line (Replacing Scrappy), Primeape-line (Replaces Vital Spirit), Sharpedo-line, Staraptor-line, Tyranitar-line (Except Pupitar), Ursaring (Only Ursaring; Replacing Quick Feet)

Pokemon: Stoutland
New Typing: Normal --> Normal/Ground
New Abilities: (Same as Old)
Move Additions: Bone Rush, Bulk Up, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Shore Up, Stealth Rock, Swords Dance

Pokemon: Starmie
New Typing: Water/Psychic --> Water/Electric
New Abilities: Something --> Rain Dish*
Move Additions: Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Teleport, Volt Switch

*If possible, as I think some of Starmie's abilities have changed, but I'm not sure what they are.

Pokemon: Noivern
New Typing: (Same as Old)
New Abilities: Mega Launcher --> Telepathy
Move Additions: Fire Blast, Haunting Scream, Jetstream
Name: Vice Grip
Type: Bug
PP: 32 Max
Effect: 70 BP; 100% Accuracy; Prevents the target from switching for three turns
Priority: 0 (Normal)
Z-Move: Z-Crush Grip (Raises Attack by two stages)
Niche: Reliable Trapping move with consistent base power and accuracy. Very dangerous when used as a Z-move, but also exploitable as the user can switch out before the move or in general if they have U-turn/Volt Switch.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Original Distribution, Armaldo-line, Buzzwole, Crustle-line, Golisopod (Only Golisopod), Pheromosa, Scizor-line, Scolipede (Only Scolipede), Yanmega-line

Name: Wildfire
Existing Move?: N
Type: Fire
PP: 16 Max
Effect: 95 BP; 100% Accuracy; 20% chance to boost the user's Speed by one Stage
Priority: 0 (Normal)
Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive
Niche: Strong Fire-type move with no drawbacks. This move is weaker than most other Fire-type moves, but becomes scary when its secondary effect activates.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Arcanine-line, Blakizen-line, Camerupt (Only Camerupt), Charizard (Only Charizard), Darmanitan, Dugtrio (Only Dugtrio), Emboar (Only Emboar), Infernape-line, Kommo-o-line, Krookodile-line, Magmortar (Only Magmortar), Nidoking-line, Nidoqueen-line, Primeape-line, Pyroar-line, Rapidash-line, Simisear (Only Simisear) Talonflame (Only Talonflame), Terrakion, Victini

Name: Absorb Bulb
Existing Item?: Y
Effect: When hit by a Water-type move, takes no damage and restores 1/4 of its maximum HP, rounded down. Single use.
Removable via Knock Off?: Y
Ignored by Klutz?: Y
Fling Base Power: 30 (Same as before)
Niche: Acts as a buffed version of the super effective attack reduction berries. Very useful for defensive Pokémon that are weak to Water-type moves.

Name: Leech Orb
Existing Item?: N
Effect: Holder's attacks do 0.75x damage, but doubles any health gained from leeching moves.
Fling Base Power: 30
Niche: Buffs leeching moves on defensive Pokémon, allowing them to be far more durable. However, it makes most Pokémon extremely passive, so it should be used with caution.

Name: Fiery Cloak
Effect: 30% chance a Pokémon making contact with this holder of this item will be burned. Can be stacked with Flame Body.
Removable via Knock Off?: Y (Still activates)
Fling Base Power: 80 (Burns target)
Niche: Useful on physical tanks/walls as a way to cripple opposing threats without giving up a moveslot. Also makes Knock Off a little bit riskier.

Edits: Added Noivern and Items; Changed Starmie

Last edited:
Abilities:
Name: Petrify
Effect: When this Pokemon sitches in the opposing Pokemon’s speed lowers one stage. (Intimidate clone)
Niche: A method of speed control that works like Intimidate.
Potential Pokémon with this Ability: Tangela-line, Ekans-line, Seviper, Zygarde, Dratini, Dragonair

Name: Immovable
Effect: This Pokémon takes half damage from attacks when paralysed.
Niche: Wit Stun Orb, this provides a stats absorbing wall.
Potential Pokémon with this Ability: Throh, Makuhita-line, Snorlax, Sudowoodo,

Name: Energy Master
Effect: This Pokémon resists and gains an extra STAB boost from Electric, Fire and Ice moves.
Niche: Iproves Kyuurem’s coverage, damage output and ability to take punishment.
Potential Pokémon with this Ability: Kyuurem

Name: Savour
Effect: This Pokémon raises each of its stats one stage upon eating a berry.
Niche: A way to make berry use more appealing and interesting.
Potential Pokémon with this Ability: Dedenne, Pacharisu, Azuril-line, Gulpin-line, Alolan Rattata-line, Lickitung-line

Moves:
Name: Stance Match
Category: Status
Type: Fighting
PP: 10
Effect: Duplicates foe’s stat changes.
Priority: Standard
Misc.: Does not make contact.
Z-Move: Heals 50% of max HP.
Niche: A less overpowered version of Marshadow’s schtick for things like counter-sweeping.
Potential Pokémon with this Move: Tyrogue-line, Oricorio, Keckleon, Greninja, Cleffa-line, Mienfoo-line, Sawk, Throh, Mime Jr.-line,

Name: Club
Type: Dark
Effect: 10 BP less than Belch. Cannot be used without an item.
Misc.: Makes contact.
Z-Move: Black Hole Eclipse
Niche: A powerful move with a restriction that is harder to meet with the additional item removal.
Potential Pokémon with this Move: Timburr-line, Farfetch’d, Igglybuff-line, Gallade, Murkrow-line, Delibird, Cubone-line,

Name: Shed Leaves
Category: Status
Type: Grass
Effect: Removes Grass type, negative stat changes and status.
Z-Move: Heals 50% of max HP.
Niche: An equivalent of roost and burn up that gets rid of status.
Potential Pokémon with this Move: Budew-line, Bellsprout-line, Treevenent, Burmy-line, Pineco-line, Sewaddle-line, Treeko-line

Name: Litter
Category: Special
Type: Poison
Effect: 70 BP. When used in terrain, ends the terrain and doubles in power.
Z-Move: 140 BP Acid Downpour.
Niche: Terrains are scary. Tapus in general are scary. This will help scare them off.
Potential Pokémon with this Move: Koffing-line, Trubbish-line, Grimer-line (both), Burmy-line, Timburr-line, Farfetch’d, Spoink-line, Likitung-line, Swalot, Snorlax, UB-Gluttony, Kartana, Meowth-line, Liepard, Fennekin-line, Primeape, Litten-line

Items:
Name: Nocut Berry
Effect: When the holder of this berry is in a Room, the berry is consumed and the Room ends.
Removable via Knock Off?: Yes
Ignored by Klutz?: Yes
Fling BP: 10
Niche: Trick Room is scary. Here’s another way to get rid of it.

Name: Satcus Berry
Effect: When at 1/4 HP or less at the start of the turn, this item is consumed and the holder sets a layer of spikes.
Niche: Hazards get cleared more easily in this meta, so other ways of getting the up prevents hazard-stack from becoming too unviable.

Name: Lissith Berry
Effect: When at 1/4 HP or less at the start of the turn, this item is consumed and the holder and the holder sets a layer of toxic spikes.
Niche: Hazards get cleared more easily in this meta, so other ways of getting the up prevents hazard-stack from becoming too unviable.

Name: Nelmo Berry
Effect: When the holder of this berry is on the same side of the field as hazards, the berry is consumed and the hazards on their side of the field are removed.
Niche: Providing another way to clear hazards makes things less centralised around Housekeeping.

Pokémon Adjustments:
Pokémon: (Mega-) Lucario
New Type: Ground/Ghost
New Moves: Haunting Scream, Shadow Charge, Shadow Sky, All-Terrain Blast, Storm Strike, Teleport
New Abilities: Mummy/Intimidate/Sand Rush-> Sand Force
Rationale: It doesn’t have many design elements associated with either of its types, but does have a lot of mystical flavour and looks a lot like Anubis, Egyptian god of death, from the desert.
Competitive Value: It becomes less of a glass canon.

Pokémon: Unfezant
New Type: Male: Fairy/Flying, Female: Ground/Flying
New Moves: Fairy Charge, All-Terrain Blast, Storm Strike,
New Abilities: Male: Dazzling, Female: Infiltrator
Rationale: They have different designs, so it might be nice for them to differ mechanically. The male is fabulous and the female is brown and blends in to the ground.
Competitive Value: More options within a single Pokémon. You can choose your immunity (and weaknesses, resistances and extra STAB) and between a defensive or offensive ability.

Pokémon: Carnivine
New Type: Grass/Dark
New Moves:
New Abilities: Strong Jaw
Rationale: It has a huge mouth it uses to bite things.
Competitive Value: Dual STAB and a more offensive ability gives it more offensive presence.

Pokémon: Hitmontop
New Type: Fighting/Fairy
New Moves: Fairy Charge
New Abilities: Dancer/Serene Grace/Own Tempo
Rationale: It’s a dance battler.
Competitive Value: Dual STAB, no longer weak to Fairy and can punish setup.

Pokemon: Masquerain
New typing: Bug/Flying -> Bug/Water
New Abilities: N/A
New Moves: Surf, Hurricane, Taunt
Niche: This is literally all Masquerain needs to be actually pretty good. Easier Quiver Dance setup with Intimidate + strong Bug/Water STABs makes Masquerain something to watch out for, not to mention Masquerain's already great coverage in Ice Beam, Energy Ball/Giga Drain, Hurricane, and Shadow Ball. Masquerain also gets a ton of support moves, so a bulkier set could maybe work.

Pokemon: Toucannon
New typing: Poison -> Poison/Dragon
New Abilities: Strong Jaw (HA; Replaces Unnerve)
New Moves: Morning Sun, Draco Meteor, Dragon Rage
Niche: Yeah, yeah, we've slapped Strong Jaw onto 8 billion things that learn a lot of biting moves, but it keeps making sense. Here, Arbok can abuse STAB Poison Fang and Dragon Fang, with Crunch and the elemental fangs as useful coverage. Not to mention its other good coverage moves in Earthquake, Seed Bomb, and Sucker Punch. Morning Sun is there to give Coil sets recovery.

Pokemon: Toucannon
New typing: N/A
New Abilities: N/A
New Moves: Plume Cannon, Spike Cannon, Agility, Incinerate
Niche: This all just makes sense, plus the addition of Agility means that Toucannon can actually function as a sweeper
Name: Spit Fire
Existing Move?: Yes
Category: Special
Type: Fire
BP: 70
PP: 16 Max
Effect: 100% Accuracy, Lowers the opponent's Special Defense by 1
Misc.: Sound
Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive (160 BP)
Niche: This is a slightly weaker Special Fire Lash for wallbreaking, but more importantly, I SPIT FIRE LIKE HEATMOR, YOU'RE A PAWNIARD, I'M A KINGLER-
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Heatmor, Fire-types, Loudred & Exploud, Noivern, Toucannon

Will probably add more later, subs will end very soon as well

Last edited:
Name: Submission
Type: Fighting
BP: 100
Acc: 75
PP: 8
Effect: Partial Trapping
Misc.: Contact
Z-Move: All Out Pummeling, 180 BP
Niche: Fighting type Magma storm clone, that can be used to trap incoming switches and break down checks with chip damage. Machamp can use this in place of Dynamic Punch for guarantied chip damage instead of relying on confusion hax.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Machop line, Poliwrath, Pinsir, Chimchar line, Drillber line, Totodile line, Cyndaquill line, (everything that can learn it without the Gen 1 TM)
Name: Macho Brace
Existing Item?: Y
Effect: Holder's speed is halved, but it deals 1.3x damage
Ignored by Klutz?: N
Fling Power: 60
Niche: A way for slow attackers to get a life orb boost without paying the 10% HP tax. Sets itself apart as an offensive item by having a downside that is irrelevant, (for something that would have been outsped anyway), or beneficial, in the case of Gyro Ball and Trick Room abusers.

Moves
Soul Drain / Vampire Bite (AquaticPanic)
Mimic / Mirror Move (Stitch98)
Shed Leaves (Sereg)
Two-Turn Moves (AquaticPanic)
Submission (PokemonMasterDebater)

Items
Macho Brace (PokemonMasterDebater)

Abilities
Bloodsucker (AquaticPanic)
Savour (Sereg)
Oblivious (Cookie Butter)
Pledge Abilities (AquaticPanic)
Battery (God of Llamas)

Adjustments
Arbok (Yoshiblaze)
Masquerain (Yoshiblaze)
Minccino line (AquaticPanic)
Beartic (AquaticPanic)
Walrein (Cookie Butter)
Stoutland (God of Llamas)

Moves:
  • Crunch (Cookie Butter)
  • Soul Drain / Vampire Bite (AquaticPanic)
  • Wildfire (God of Llamas)
  • Stance Match (Sereg)
  • Litter (Sereg)
Items:
  • Leech Orb (God of Llamas)
  • Flame Cloak (God of Llamas)
  • Nocut Berry (Sereg)
  • Satcus Berry (Sereg)
  • Macho Brace (PokemonMasterDebater)
Abilities:
  • Oblivious (Cookie Butter)
  • Unnerve (Cookie Butter)
  • Bloodsucker (AquaticPanic)
  • Battery (God of Llamas)
  • Primal Aggression (God of Llamas)
  • Immovable (Sereg)
Adjustments
  • Claydol (Cookie Butter)
  • Beartic (AquaticPanic)
  • Elemental Monkeys (AquaticPanic)
  • Stoutland (God of Llamas)
  • Hitmontop (Sereg)
  • Masquerain (Yoshiblaze)

Moves:
  • Crunch (Cookie Butter)
  • Soul Drain / Vampire Bite (AquaticPanic)
  • Submission (PokemonMasterDebater)
  • Rollout/Ice Ball (AquaticPanic)
  • Stance Match (Sereg)
  • Litter (Sereg)
Items:
  • Nocut Berry (Sereg)
  • Satcus Berry (Sereg)
  • Macho Brace (PokemonMasterDebater)
Abilities:
  • Oblivious (Cookie Butter)
  • Unnerve (Cookie Butter)
  • Bloodsucker (AquaticPanic)
  • Battery (God of Llamas)
  • Primal Aggression (God of Llamas)
  • Immovable (Sereg)
Adjustments
  • Claydol (Cookie Butter)
  • Hoothoot and Noctowl (AquaticPanic)
  • Elemental Monkeys (AquaticPanic)
  • Stoutland (God of Llamas)
  • Shiftry (Stitch98)
  • Masquerain (Yoshiblaze)

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Moves
Crunch (cookie butter)
Soul Drain / Vampire Bite (AquaticPanic)
Two Turn Moves (AquaticPanic)
Shed Leaves (Sereg)

Items
Macho Brace (PokemonMasterDebater)

Abilities
Battery (God of Llamas)
Immovable (Sereg)
Energy Master (Sereg)
Savour (Sereg)
Petrify (Sereg)

Adjustments
Minccino line (AquaticPanic)
Shiftry (Stitch98)
Carnivine (Sereg)
Hitmontop (Sereg)
Masquerain (Yoshiblaze)
Arbok (Yoshiblaze)

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Shed Leaves
Two-Turn Moves

Macho Brace
Nocut Berry
Sactus Berry

Pledge Abilities
Battery

Elemental Monkeys
Arbok
Minccino
Beartic
Carnivine
Walrein

Voting is closed

1000th Post in the thread!

Moves
Soul Drain / Vampire Bite - IIII
Mimic / Mirror Move - I
Shed Leaves - III
Two-Turn Moves - III

Submission - II
Crunch - III
Wildfire - I
Litter - II
Stance Match - II
Rollout / Ice Ball - I

Items
Macho Brace - IIIII
Leech Orb - I
Flame Cloak - I
Nocut Berry - III
Sactus Berry - III

Abilities
Bloodsucker - III
Savour - II
Oblivious - III
Pledge Abilities - II
Battery - IIIII
Unnerve - II
Immovable - III
Primal Aggression - II
Energy Master - I
Petrify - I

Adjustments
Arbok - III
Masquerain - IIII
Minccino line - III
Beartic - III

Walrein - II
Stoutland - III
Claydol - II
Elemental Monkeys - III
Hitmontop - II
Hoothoot line - I
Shiftry - II
Carnivine - II

The winners of the second to last slate

Moves
1. Soul Drain / Vampire Bite by AquaticPanic - 85 BP, 100% Acc, 16 PP, Ghost / Dark, Special / Physical, Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt, Draining (VP: Biting)
2. Crunch by Cookie Butter - 85 BP, 100% Acc, 24 PP, Dark, Physical, 20% chance to lower the opponent's defense by 1, Biting
2. Dive / Dig / Fly / Shadow Force / Phantom Force by AquaticPanic - Previous properties + they don't in their respective weathers
2. Shed Leaves by Sereg - -- BP, --% Acc, 16 PP, Grass, Status, Removes the user's Grass-type, resets negative stat changes, and cures the user of status (Z-Move: Heals the user by 50% of its max HP)

Items
1. Macho Brace by PokemonMasterDebater - Holder's speed is halved and the user's attack are boosted by 1.3x (Fling: 60 BP)
2. Nocut Berry by Sereg - When the holder of this berry is in a Room, the berry is consumed and the Room ends.
2. Sactus Berry by Sereg - When at 1/4 HP or less at the start of the turn, this item is consumed and the holder sets a layer of spikes.

Abilities
1. Battery by God of Llamas - Boosts the power of Electric-type moves by 1.5x
2. Bloodsucker by AquaticPanic - Boosts the power of healing moves by 1.33x and heals for 50% more. Only affects damaging healing moves.
2. Immovable by Sereg - This Pokémon takes 50% from all attacks when paralyzed
2. Oblivious by Cookie Butter - This Pokemon cannot be infatuated or taunted and this Pokemon also ignores its own stat stages when taking or dealing damage

Adjustments
1. Masquerain by Yoshiblaze
2. Arbok by Yoshiblaze
2. Beartic by AquaticPanic
2. Minccino line by AquaticPanic
2. Pansage / Pansear / Panpour line by AquaticPanic
2. Stoutland by God of Llamas

And so begins the second to last Distribution phase, where here and on Discord you'll discuss what things should get these new moves and abilities

Distribution Results Time!

Moves
Shed Leaves - Exeggutor, Bellossom, Sunflora, Sceptile, Shiftry, Budew line, Tropius, Grotle & Torterra, Wormadam, Cherrim, Carnivine, Snover line, Leafeon, Shaymin, Snivy line, Simisage, Sewaddle line, Petilil line, Skiddo line, Trevenant, Dartrix & Decidueye, Fomantis line, Bounsweet line
Soul Drain - Gastly line, Parasect, Misdreavus line, Shedinja, Duskull line, Drifloon line, Spiritomb, Giratina, Yamask line, Litwick line, Frillish line, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Sandygast line, Yveltal, Malamar
Vampire Bite - Zubat line, Venomoth, Arbok, Ariados, Granbull, Gligar line, Seviper, Huntail, Drapion, Woobat line, Eelektross, Accelgor, Tyrantrum, Noibat line, Lunala, Buzzwole, Guzzlord
Crunch - Old Distribution
Dive - Old Distribution
Dig - Old Distribution
Fly - Old Distribution
Shadow Force - Old Distribution
Phantom Force - Old Distribution

Abilities
Battery - Old Distribution + Voltorb line (Replaces Soundproof), Elekid line, Rotom (All forms), Blitzle line (Replaces Motor Drive), Joltik line (Replaces Unnerve), Tynamo line, Klink line (Replaces Plus), Helioptile line (Replaces Solar Power), Vikavolt
Immovable - Geodude line (Replaces Rock Head), Probopass (Replaces Sand Force), Turtonator, Cosmoem
Oblivious - Old Distribution + Lotad line (Replaces Own Tempo), Camerupt (Replaces Magma Armour), Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Drampa (Replaces Cloud Nine)
Bloodsucker - Buzzwole (HA, replacing Perseverance), Zubat line, Gliscor (Replaces Hyper Cutter), Woobat line (Replaces Klutz), Cutiefly line (Replaces Honey Gather), Beautifly, Gorebyss (HA, replaces Hydration), Litwick line (Replaces Flash Fire), Victreebel (Replaces Gluttony), Vileplume, Carnivine, Spinarak line (Replaces Insomnia), Parasect (Replaces Effect Spore)

Retroactive Additions
Rinse Off - Spheal line, Wailmer line

Now, begins the second to last Discussion phase!

However, after this discussion phase, we will not quite go into the final slate. Instead, in order to test for balance and bugs, we will hold roomtours and greatly encourage battling for a short time before heading into Slate 15 in hopes of using Slate 15 for last second balancing. Stay tuned for more on this.

Last edited:
Obligatory Discussion Post

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Bloodsucker
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Life
- Bulk Up
- Roost / Ice Punch

EL MOSCO
Drain Punch and Leech Life do a ton of damage and will heal so much that you probably won't need Roost. Though, it's worht noting that more offensive sets probably still prefer Beast Boost

Huntail @ Waterium Z
Adamant Nature
- Aquatic Assault
- Vampire Bite
- Shell Smash
- Ice Fang

Once more with healin- I mean, feeling

Gorebyss @ Waterium Z
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draining Kiss
- Shell Smash
- Psychic / Ice Beam

Now you can have a strong Water move, a Water Z-Move, AND a Strong Fairy-type move on one set with healing this time

Vikavolt @ Magnet
Ability: Battery
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Ion Absorb
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Energy Ball

Vikavolt @ Macho Brace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Roost
- Ion Absorb
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Energy Ball

Who's actually switching into this? Bless your heart if you give this thing two turns to set up Agility and Ion Absorb once

Electivire @ Anguish Bandanna
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop / Fire Punch

Outclassed by Zeraora, but Jesus Christ, that Wild Charge is gonna do BIG DAMAGE or you let it.

Salazzle (F) @ Distress Glass
Ability: Oblivious
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Substitute / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic

Being able to Poison Steel and Poison-types is cool and all, but who cares about that when you can spam Overheat at not cost? Just do note that Oblivious ignores ALL of you own stages changes, so Nasty Plot won't work here.

don't even act like you thought i knew what to even put here

Okay, so these things. These things are no joke.
They have coverage up the wazoo, with each of them having useful Fire, Grass, Water, Ice, Electric, Ground, Fighting, Ghost, Psychic, Normal, Steel, AND Dark coverage, in most cases on BOTH sides of the physical/special spectrum, 3 great boosting moves in Z-Happy Hour, Nasty Plot, and Swords Dance, the ability to pivot out with U-Turn (or Parting Shot and River Stream in Simisage's and Simipour's case respectively), AND on top of all of that being able to boost their STAB with the Starter Steelworkers and we have ourselves a couple of threats here. The only thing that's holding them back, and it's pretty huge, is their bad bulk, which probably keeps them in the UU range. But yeah, don't sleep on these bois.
Speak no evil
Hear no evil
See no evil
Take no prisoners

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Bloodsucker / Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Poison Fang
- Brave Bird
- Vampire Bite
- U-turn

Choice Band Crobat with an actual Poison move? What's this, Gen 3?

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Strong Jaw / Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Fang
- Earthquake
- Coil
- Morning Sun

Arbok @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Poison Fang
- Dragon Fang
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang / Sucker Punch

Maybe Arbok can be as Intimidating as those faces on its chest for once, yeah?

Cinccino @ Choice Band / Anguish Bandanna
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Heartbeat
- Bone Rush
- U-turn

Cinccino is actually looking pretty scary. Just 95 Attack is nothing special, but with Skill Link giving you 125 BP Dual STAB that goes through Sashes and Subs plus 125 BP Ground coverage with that great Speed stat and the ability to just slap a Choice/Torment item onto it, and suddenly you have a reason to fear this thing. Plus, its new typing makes it a bit easier switch in with its low bulk. No, it's still not a good Housekeeping user (better than Delcatty though).

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Soul Drain
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Trick

While you wait for Mind Trick to start working, might as well drain some things of their life force.
Y'know, as you do.

Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

This is Ice/Fighting Crawdaunt but bulkier and with the option of running dual STAB priority and better coverage. Please use this, it might actually be decent, especially in UU or even Sylvemonotype.

Zebstrika @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge

You may think this is a joke, but do you really need anything when it's physical movepool is that shallow and this move is so strong?

Masquerain @ Waterium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

Not OU or UU material, but please understand that all is right with the universe now that this thing is Bug/Water.

Swanna @ Breeze Rock
Ability: Air Stream
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Slipstream
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate / Flynium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Fly

Emolga @ Light Ball
Ability: Sugar Glider
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off
- Slipstream

Small buff, but maybe we should actually start taking Air Stream seriously now...

Mismagius @ Agony Boots
Ability: Magic Healing
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Soul Drain
- Moonblast
- Substitute

M O R E H E A L I N G
Actually, this thing being able to heal more than 6% per turn while still dealing damage at +2 behind a Substitute is pretty scary

Granbull @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Vampire Bite
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake

What do you mean it can heal now?

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Synthesis
- Shed Leaves
- Leech Seed

Grassy Surge boosted STAB is a thing, but if you wanna go defensive, you legit might be better off typeless...

Ariados @ Macho Brace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Poison Fang
- Vampire Bite / Sucker Punch / Stomping Tantrum

Ariados is another mon that's gotten a lot of buffs, but its stats keep it under the radar. I mean, Swarm, Bug Bite, Bloodsucker, Poison Fang, getting Stomping Tantrum from USUM, Vampire Bite, Ariados could actually be pretty decent once lower tiers are created. Anything for the original friendly neighborhood Spider-Mon would be nice, frankly.

Turtonator @ Stun Orb
Ability: Immovable
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Incinerate
- Roar
- Draco Meteor

This thing gets chipped super easily and has no form of recovery (unless you want to Rest and have two turns of no boosted bulk) but man is this thing bulky.

Vileplume (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Strength Sap

NUPTUP, DESTROYER OF WORLDS, HAS COME TO LAY CLAIM TO YOUR PATHETIC MORTAL SOUL, YOU HEATHEN. PREPARE TO FEEL HER WRATH

Stay tuned for the announcement of a room tour soon

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Some sets as well (Will edit more here later)

Arbok @ Ring Target
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Poison Fang
- Morning Sun
- Aqua Tail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)