ORAS OU Take some DAMAGE

I made this team with the thought of wanting to just hit stuff very hard while at the same time trying to bring awareness to an underrated threat known as Dragalge. This team is a very nice and fun team to play and ladder with. It's very aesthetically pleasing with the colors which is always nice, and it shows the power of mega medicham + dragalge very well. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battletower-ou-350215 god bless Zamrock.

THE TEAM:

Just a Phase (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out / Thunder Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Zen Headbutt

Arguably the best offensive mega in ORAS OU, this Pokemon can break teams in half alone. The set I run is the duel priority set with Ice Punch because I think its the most well rounded set, but you can run Thunder Punch or stab over Fake Out/ Ice Punch if you want. I think Bullet Punch is kind of needed on Adamant because of the trade in speed, plus I like killing Latios/Latias on the switch-in with combo of HJK + Bullet Punch, but that's just me. Thunder Punch might be better than Fake Out/Ice Punch though because it helps the team with Mega Slowbro which is kind of a threat to this team.

Mexico (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

"Spdef Klefki, what is this?!?!" Well I didn't really have much of a dedicated special wall on this team so I decided on Spdef Klefki as a decent Spdef tank. I'm using the standard Twave/Spike/Magnet Rise set for this klefki. Spike Stacking is very important for this team with Specs Dragalge, Mega Medicham, and Banded Weavile being the hard hitting Pokemon of this team. I always liked Foul Play over anything else on Klefki but Steel/Fairy stab is fine too. Alternatively you can use Toxic over Twave/Magnet Rise for Mega Slowbro and pray it's not rest/talk.

Talk Shows on Mute (Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave

One of my favorite Pokemon of all time to use, this Pokemon hits sooooooo hard that it's unbelievable. This Pokemon 2hko's at least 80% of the metagame while not being weak to pursuit trappers. I honestly believe this Pokemon is infinitely underrated and should be more respected for how much of a monster this Pokemon is. The only downside to this behemoth of a dragon is it's speed which along with Twave support from Klefki/Clefable isn't really an issue that much. As a bonus it's also a really nice switch-in to Keldeo with its nice base 123 Spdef and the HP investment I put into it. The 32 speed i have on this Dragalge is to outspeed Hippowdon so that's pretty nice too.

Stellar (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Back at it again with the best Pokemon in the game, Clefable is really nice on this team. There's not really much about Clefable that isn't self explanatory besides maybe the Bold nature I guess. I picked Bold over Calm to avoid getting 2hko'd by Life Orb Weavile's icicle crash. Calm Mind because Clefable is a really good Setup Sweeper, and Twave because it's the best move in the game and cripples Tornadus-T and any other fast Pokemon.

Warning (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

The ABR special as they call it, Banded Weavile is such a hard hitter that I really wanted it on this team. It's the pursuit trapper that team needed and when an opposing player has a Latios/Latias, they see Weavile/Dragalge/Klefki, and they just die inside because they don't know what to do at all LOL. With spike stacking on this team, Weavile just has a field day clicking Banded Knock Off/Icicle Crash which is ridiculously strong. You can change this to Life Orb and switch around Pursuit to Posion Jab/ Low kick/even SD if you really wanted to go that route, but that's on you.

Echo (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP / 244 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn / Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

I needed a Stealth Rocker on this team and I decided on Lando-T to be the perfect fit. This gives us a decent Physical Attacker check, an EQ immunity, and Rocks all in one. You can put SD on this Lando to help somewhat check Scizor/Clefable and to give it some offensive presence or you can keep U-turn to have momentum and safe switch-ins into Dragalge/Mega Medicham/Banded Weavile. Alternatively you can run Toxic over U-turn/SD for Mega Slowbro/Unaware Clef/Quagsire if you really wanted to. I run 88 speed to outspeed Modest Volcanion which could be a decent threat if Dragalge gets weakened/burned.

THREATLIST:

Any variant with SD poses the biggest of problems. My main way of beating it is HJK with Mega Medicham/HP Fire with Dragalge or SD Lando if I decide to run it. It's one of those "you can't check em all" things. There are Scizor checks out there but I'd end up having another hole I feel and I didn't wanna mess with the makeup of the team that much.

This can potentially wall my team if I am unable to get Hazards up or if I'm unable to Toxic it if I decide to run that on something. It's why I suggested Toxic on Klefki/Lando-T and Thunder Punch perhaps on Mega Medicham. You can even go so far as to change Focus Blast/HP Fire on Dragalge to Toxic Spikes if you feel like it to check this thing.

Those are the 2 biggest threats I see to this team but I'd also like to take the time to mention Hazards is a threat too because we don't have a spinner but I just couldn't make much room for it. Foretress over Klefki is an option but I like klefki on the team.

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Mexico (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Talk Shows on Mute (Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave

Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Warning (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Echo (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP / 244 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hello, man. Nice team and replay. It proves to be very accurate. Interesting the combination CB Weavile and Specs Dragalge. This class of team I like, since he takes advantage of the Stealth Rocks and Spikes to press offensively on the contrary mega Medicham and Weavile principally. It is necessary to to be troublesome to defend successfully something like that. Moreover, the defensive combination Landorus-T and is well Klefki. I have seen them in similar variants team. Good decision to introduce Rocky Helmet, is needed. Anything scratcher life is important. I guess you are aware that as every team there are more threats out there, but it has the most dangerous. Yes, certainly Scizor offensive or bulky SD version can hurt. Your only option other than what you say, would play between Klefki + Landorust and plunge wearing low attack and a stroke of luck may appear. HP Fire Dragalge is viable option, but not if the result would have only that for a particular pokemon. The other problem is Slowbro mega. And it is true, in a passive way but with the same result. The good news is that at first glance it seems that this does not give as much trouble as Scizor / offensive mega Scizor. It is more controllable. Everything would go through Weavile and Dragalge, which are the two most damage can result. Cancels mega Medicham very well and others, so mentioned and little else. But luckily this is a forum where people like you can get a touch of help. I am happy to help whenever they can. It does not give me very well express easily but I hope you understand. Turning to the part of my contributions ... Thinking about how to stop these threats, has come to my mind some answers that may well end. There I go.

·
>
-> My first clear proposal was this. Clefable was crucified, he was the only one who could replace. Well, so you account with one of the best pokemon without being mega tier. Mega Slowbro will think this time enter. Theirs would weaken gradually with WoW and pull Volt-Switch until fall. Pain Split only if necessary. CM Slowbro mega force you to it. It might just be a pokemon to stop to another, but if you keep it well no problem. Nor usually it sees much, but you have to be prepared.

·
>
-> Klefki if something has to use is the use of his skill and good bulk. It allows you to have priority status and Spikes movements. I consider remarkable thing. Foul Play is well designed for hard hitting physical attackers. I am personally more Play Rough taste, but it is depending on several factors. However, the explanation is simple because Excadrill. You do not have a pokemon that take Defog or Rapid Spin. A Scarf in September supported Mold Breaker could really use. A quick Spiner as anyone with a broken skill. It also will more offensive presence.

·
>
-> My third replacement and next to last may be of delicate. But honestly it was better to absorb Slowbro mega among other things. A two-disc set with LandorusT Rocky Helmet would be greatly relieved against riddled teams of physicists and fast attackers. Another option is to put down their set with Assault Vest. I like this pokemon and your team do a good job. Here I have been shorter.

·
>
-> In this section I will try to be as brief as possible, it is not necessary to make a mountain. Well, you need priority and something effective against both forms of Scizor. Talonflame is most effective for them. Either a CB like Weavile set. Tailwind could be successful, it has priority and would help just before Talonflame weaken. It is good support you should take advantage of their shifts.

Let us further with their corresponding or possible sets. So you will be more comfortable and easy if you want to try. Come on.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tangrowth
@ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Fire / Leech Seed

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature

- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing / TailWind

Last edited:

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Hey man, nice team you have there, but I have a couple of suggestions. Bulky SD Mega Scizor is a Pokemon that can 6-0 your team after setting up a couple of Swords Dance boosts on Weavile, Klefki, and Clefable. Dragalge can take one hit and retalitate with HP Fire, but because it lacks recovery and its your Keldeo switch-in, it's going to be tough for it to stay healthy. Bisharp can be annoying to the team as well because at +2 it can heavily dent your team, with Landorus-T defensive and Weavile lacking fighting coverage. Like you mentioned, if Mega Slowbro gets a couple of Calm Minds, it's pretty much gg since Dragalge and Clefable can't crit it, and Weavile's Knock Off doesn't 2HKO.

My first suggestion will be TankChomp>Defensive Landorus-T. TankChomp like Landorus-T is a solid defensive Pokemon that has access Stealth Rocks. However, TankChomp is a good Scizor and Bisharp check, being able to take any one move it wants to throw at it and retaliate back with Fire Blast or Earthquake(depending on the Pokemon you're up against). It's also another Pokemon that can pivot into things such as Lopunny's Fake Out, inflicting a ton of damage due to Rocky Helmet+Rough Skin, and then switch into Clefable predicting the Ice Punch.

My next suggestion will be Rotom-W>Klefki. One of the drawbacks to adding TankChomp over Defensive Landorus-T is that any variant of Talonflame can decimate this team. Taunt Talonflame can wall pretty much wall/check the entire team bar Dragalge, and Swords Dance Talonflame can wreck havoc as well, since TankChomp isn't a very reliable Talonflame answer and can easily be worn down by outside factors such as status as well as Talonflame's teammates. Sand Rush Excadrill becomes a problem as well due to the lack of a ground immunity. Rotom-W, like Klefki, can not only take on AV Tornadus-T, but Talonflame as well, taking +2 Brave Bird and retaliating back with a Hydro Pump. In addition, it can also handle Sand Rush Excadrill for the team, taking +2 Rock Slide and retaliating with a Hydro Pump. Rotom-W is also a secondary Pinsir check as well(first one is CB Weavile), taking +2 Close Combat and OHKOing it back with a Volt Switch.

My third suggestion will be to change Specs Dragalge to a Toxic Spikes set. Having Toxic Spikes on the team allows you to cripple defensively oriented Pokemon such as Mega Sableye, Mega Slowbro, and Mew, so that Mega Medicham can have an easier time during the course of the battle. It also cripples offensively oriented Pokemon such as Manaphy, which is good, because after taking a little bit of residual damage, it is Knocked out by Weavile's Knock Off.

• Calm>Bold nature on Clefable allows it to survive two Ice Beams from Kyurem-B and 2 Moonblasts from Mega Diancie.
  • Life Orb>Choice Band allows Weavile to switch up moves, applying more pressure on your opponent to make plays while sacrificing a bit of Power in the process.
I think one of the biggest problems to the new team is Mega Gardevoir, because I took out Klefki. However, with Medicham's priority, Weavile's Pursuit trapping capabilities, and status(toxic spikes/clefable's thunderwave), I feel like it can be dealt with. But it's still a pretty big threat.

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Warning (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Hopefully I was able to help, good luck m8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)