Talonflame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, It faints alot xD. But it's still able to pull it's weight in matches you bring it as long as you play it intelligently. Arguably, it lasts longer and pulls its weight better than Banded Talonflame since it doesn't just spam Brave Bird, it also supports the team with Tailwind, Taunt, etc.

GiraGoomy

when you see a good meme
Enhancing on Bulky Talonflame, I've realised it's really good mainly because it won me matches at Worlds

Talonflame @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 60 Def / 20 SpD / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind

Although the output of damage isn't getting you OHKO's and such, this Talonflame variant is great for switching into Fake Out, blocking Fake Out, and supporting the rest of your team. The speed gives it enough to outspeed things such as Raichu and Gengar. Raichu mainly so I could get off a quick Will-O-Wisp on a possible Azumarill lead. This means it can Quick Guard Fake Out from every user in the VGC2014 meta other than Weavile. It's able to survive a Jolly Garchomp Rock Slide and a Jolly Mega Kanga Return, when burned Mega Kanga Return becomes a 2HKO. Add in the Rocky Helmet damage to that and you have a crippled Mega Kanga. Gale Wings > Flame Body because avoiding Sucker Punch is nice and priority Tailwind is a threat. The attack EV's allow it to still 2HKO threats like Amoonguss, Mega-Venusaur, Hariyama and Scrafty while still picking up OHKO's on Pokemon such as Mienshao (if it isn't sashed).

Like seriously if you have never used this thing I suggest you use it ASAP because it really won't disappoint you. It's also a really fun (and different compared to most others) spread to use!

Enhancing on Bulky Talonflame, I've realised it's really good mainly because it won me matches at Worlds

Talonflame @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 60 Def / 20 SpD / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind

Although the output of damage isn't getting you OHKO's and such, this Talonflame variant is great for switching into Fake Out, blocking Fake Out, and supporting the rest of your team. The speed gives it enough to outspeed things such as Raichu and Gengar. Raichu mainly so I could get off a quick Will-O-Wisp on a possible Azumarill lead. This means it can Quick Guard Fake Out from every user in the VGC2014 meta other than Weavile. It's able to survive a Jolly Garchomp Rock Slide and a Jolly Mega Kanga Return, when burned Mega Kanga Return becomes a 2HKO. Add in the Rocky Helmet damage to that and you have a crippled Mega Kanga. Gale Wings > Flame Body because avoiding Sucker Punch is nice and priority Tailwind is a threat. The attack EV's allow it to still 2HKO threats like Amoonguss, Mega-Venusaur, Hariyama and Scrafty while still picking up OHKO's on Pokemon such as Mienshao (if it isn't sashed).
Like seriously if you have never used this thing I suggest you use it ASAP because it really won't disappoint you. It's also a really fun (and different compared to most others) spread to use!
may i ask why jolly if you have priority with 3/4 moves?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
That's not the point of that Talonflame. It's still useful to outspeed other (Adamant) Talonflame, so you can can kill a weakened one or get Tailwind off before it kills you, and of course for all that other stuff in the 100-110 base range, such as the aforementioned Garchomp and Kangaskhan.

Life Orb blows anyway, CB is way better if you just wanna hurt things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)