1v1 Tapu Bulu ( QC 3 / 3 ) ( GP 2 / 2 ) ( DONE )

[OVERVIEW]

Tapu Bulu has average bulk to go with its Grass / Fairy typing, a decent movepool, and, most importantly, an excellent ability in Grassy Surge. It is able to tank some super effective hits, such as an Ice Punch from Mega Medicham and an Ice Beam from Choice Specs Tapu Fini. Tapu Bulu's Grass typing matches it up very well against Mega Gyarados, a very formidable and prevalent threat. It is also the slowest of all the Guardian Deities, which means that its Terrain activates the latest on the field and prevails for the first five turns of the battle. However, the absence of a good physical Fairy-type STAB move and a weakness to commonly used types like Fire, Flying, and Steel present major drawbacks to its usage. Its typing causes it to be easily KOed by Pokemon like Mega Charizard X, Flyinium Z Dragonite, and Mega Metagross. It also has a subpar Speed stat and just decent Special Defense. This leaves Tapu Bulu vulnerable to powerful special attacks like Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam and Choice Specs Greninja's Ice Beam before it gets the chance to land a hit on these Pokemon.

[SET]
name: Grassium Z
move 1: Wood Hammer
move 2: Rock Tomb
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Swords Dance / Bulk Up
item: Grassium Z
ability: Grassy Surge
nature: Adamant
evs: 156 HP / 84 Atk / 136 SpD / 132 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer helps Tapu Bulu defeat Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Primarina. It also turns into a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom with Grassium Z, which enables Tapu Bulu to OHKO bulky Pokemon like Mega Slowbro, Blissey, Mega Sableye, and Porygon2. Rock Tomb is used for speed control against Pokemon like Mimikyu and to break through Sturdy on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Counter. Taunt lets it beat setup Pokemon like Shell Smash Crustle and Carracosta, and also temporarily disables Aegislash's King's Shield.Swords Dance helps Tapu Bulu raise its Attack faster against Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Zygarde, while Bulk Up lets it set up slowly but fare better against Pokemon like Bulk Up Groundium Z Landorus-T.

Set Details
=======

Running 156 HP EVs helps Tapu Bulu tank Let's Snuggle Forever + Shadow Sneak from maximum Attack Mimikyu after Grassy Terrain recovery, and 136 Special Defense EVs allow it to tank Electroweb + Flash Cannon from maximum Special Attack Timid Magnezone. This investment also gives it a very good chance of tanking a Twinkle Tackle from Magearna. Using 132 Speed EVs lets Tapu Bulu outspeed Jolly Donphan as well as maximum Speed Jolly Mimikyu after a Rock Tomb. The remaining EVs are dumped into Attack, which, when coupled with an Adamant nature, gives it the best chances of beating common Pokemon like Magnezone. Grassium Z turns Wood Hammer into a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom, which OHKOes nearly everything that does not resist Grass.

Usage Tips
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is a Grass-type Pokemon, it can be sent against most Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, like Mega Gyarados, Groundium Z Landorus-T, Mega Swampert, and Mega Tyranitar. Additionally, Tapu Bulu can be sent in against Mimikyu, Magnezone, and Magearna; against Magnezone, the recommended course of action is to use the Z-Move right away, followed by Wood Hammer. Against Magearna, you should use Taunt if you predict Iron Defense, or Swords Dance if you predict their Z-Move, followed by Bloom Doom. Don't send Tapu Bulu against Landorus-T if you think Landorus-T is holding Flyinium Z . Since it has the lowest Speed of the Guardian Deities, Tapu Bulu's Terrain activates last, so it can be sent out against other Guardian Deities like Tapu Fini. Avoid sending Tapu Bulu in against Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard, Magearna, and Mega Venusaur. Taunt can be used against slower Pokemon that tend to set up on Tapu Bulu, like Crustle and Carracosta, and once said Pokemon are Taunted, use Rock Tomb followed by Bloom Doom to KO them. In similar cases, Taunt followed by Bulk Up and Bloom Doom can also be used to help tank the opposing Pokemon's attacks, restore HP from Grassy Terrain, and hit the foe with Bloom Doom for maximum damage.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu cannot hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Celesteela very hard, Electric-type Pokemon like Zeraora and Thundurus-T are also good teammates for Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Bulu helps in return by covering their Ground- and Rock-type weakness, respectively. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when facing Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z. Since Tapu Bulu has a disadvantage against Ice-type Pokemon like Kyurem, Avalugg, and Weavile, Rock- and Fighting-type Pokemon like Mega Tyranitar and Terrakion can also serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu also helps in covering any Rock-type teammate's weakness to Ground- and Water-type moves. Since Tapu Bulu does not have naturally high Special Defense, some specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey or Meloetta can serve as teammates for Tapu Bulu.

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 2: Grass Knot
move 3: Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 40 HP / 156 Atk / 84 Def / 52 SpA / 176 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======
Grassy Terrain-boosted Wood Hammer helps Tapu Bulu in defeating Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Choice Specs Greninja, and Primarina. Grass Knot is used in this set to KO Pokemon like Golem and Donphan, the latter of which could use Counter if Tapu Bulu uses Wood Hammer. Hidden Power Fire is used to net KOs on Kartana and Durant. Stone Edge is used to OHKO Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir.

Set Details
=======

Running 40 HP EVs and 84 Defense EVs lets Tapu Bulu tank a Continental Crush + Ice Shard from maximum Attack Donphan. 176 Speed EVs combined with a Choice Scarf and Jolly nature let Tapu Bulu outspeed maximum Speed Timid Choice Specs Greninja. 52 EVs in Special Attack give it a great chance of OHKOing Durant with Hidden Power Fire, and the remaining EVs are invested in its Attack stat to maximize its offensive ability as much as possible.

Usage Tips
=======

Since Tapu Bulu has a strong, Terrain-boosted Grass-type move in Wood Hammer, it is recommended to send it in against Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Greninja, Primarina, and Mega Tyranitar. Since it has Grass Knot, it can also be sent in against Counter users like Donphan and Golem. You can send it against Charizard if you think that it's Mega Charizard Y, since it outspeeds and OHKOes it with Stone Edge. The same is also applicable to Mega Pinsir; Pinsir usually Mega Evolves when matched up against Tapu Bulu, so you can use it this to your advantage, since Mega Pinsir is OHKOed by Stone Edge. This set also lures Kartana and Durant in, so it is advisable to send it in against these Pokemon. Actively avoid sending it in against most other Pokemon, since this set is a lure set, and it lacks the firepower or the moveset to KO much else.

Team Options
=======

Ground-type Pokemon like Donphan and Golem can cover Tapu Bulu's Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type weaknesses while appreciating Tapu Bulu's ability to defeat Water-types. Since Tapu Bulu can hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir with this set, some Pokemon that lure in these like Mega Heracross and Volcarona can be paired with it. Magnezone can draw in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Buluand make up for its mediocre Special Defense by defeating special attackers such as Porygon-Z and Meloetta with Mirror Coat.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=======

A Choice Band set with Superpower, Stone Edge, and Megahorn can be utilized, where Stone Edge can be used against slower Fire-type Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, and Megahorn helps against Psychic-types like Latios and Latias. It is worth mentioning that with appropriate Speed investment, Tapu Bulu can also outspeed and KO Heatran with Superpower. A set with Grassy Seed, which increases the holder's Defense by one stage when Grassy Terrain is in effect, can also be viable. But it lacks the boost in Speed provided by a Choice Scarf, or the firepower provided by Grassium Z, and turns out to be just a defensive tank which can be played around with setup.

Checks and Counters
=======

**Grass-resistant Pokemon**: Fire-, Steel-, Flying-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard X, Mega Metagross, Heatran, Naganadel, and Mega Venusaur can counter Tapu Bulu because of their type advantages.

**Poison-type Coverage Moves**: Poison-type moves are common as coverage moves for many Pokemon that outspeed Tapu Bulu like Garchomp, Sawk, Pheromosa, and Landorus, so these Pokemon OHKO Tapu Bulu before it gets a chance to attack.

**Setup Sweepers**: Some Pokemon, like Crustle and Carracosta, can endure one hit from Tapu Bulu with Sturdy, set up, and defeat Tapu Bulu if it isn't running Taunt.

**Strong STAB Attackers**: Strong attackers such as Meteor Mash Mega Lucario, Choice Specs Greninja, and Hyper Beam Porygon-Z outspeed Tapu Bulu and OHKO it because of their high Special Attack stats and powerful attacks.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<Wrath of Alakazam>, 292550]]
- Quality checked by: [[UnleashOurPassion, 385597], [Macemaster, 302951], [charizard8888, 333554]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Electrolyte, 148071], [lotiasite, 302985]]

Last edited:

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
I'm going to be very upfront about this: You really cut corners on the set(s) and some other important parts of the analysis, and in the current state I cannot give it my approval.

Set 1
Items
There are 3 viable Bulu sets, Band Scarf and Grassium-Z (Assault Vest has a niche but I don't find it worth mentioning). You mentioned only one of these as a full-on set, and could've gone into a little more detail on the OO ones. I think Scarf should get its own set because of how viable and fundamentally different it is from Grassium-Z.

Moves
I checked with other QC members and they agree with me that Leech Seed, Synthesis and Substitute should not be mentioned as options on the main Grassium-Z set. I'll include the Grassium-Z set by MaceMaster (famous sets pokepaste) as well as a few other sets at the end of this post for inspiration.

EVs
36 Special Defense EVs let Tapu Bulu survive Overheat from Mega Manectric as well as a 175-Base Power Shattered Psyche from Latios.
These defensive measurements aren't really relevant in 1v1, both fall outside the top 100 on the current usage statistics which essentially means they're used less than the commonly used Tapu Lele, Excadrill and Greninja and also less than the scarcely used Pheromosa and Mega Garchomp. All of which can be EVd for in one way or another to beat more relevant threats (granted some of these examples are kinda pushing things).

Usage Tips
Given that I'm asking you to rewrite the set, Usage tips might need a bit of work depending on the moves and EVs you choose, though in general what you wrote is correct and doesn't need much more than a quick check.

Team Options
Same story as Usage Tips, you did a good job but might need some work given changes you might make.

Strategy Comments
Other Options
- If you do add the Choice Scarf set as its own set, rewrite Other Options to show that Choice Band and Choice Scarf can be used similarly.
- If you don't include Rock Tomb as a move on any of the main sets, add it here
- If you don't include HP Fire on Scarf, add it here.
- Whichever you include on Grassium Z (Swords Dance or Bulk Up) mention the other one here.

Checks and Counters
- Make it more clear that Grassium Tapu Bulu loses to offensive Poison, Fire and Steel types. Most importantly Charizard, Metagross, Kartana, Naganadel and Durant.
- Sturdy mons with Counter can give choiced bulu some trouble (Also Endeavor Donphan is a thing that hurts)

Conclusion
Get the analysis in better shape because I really think it needs changing, if necessary consult 1v1 room users or QC members to help you out. When that's done let me know and I'll give it another check. Until then I'm not giving you the QC 1/3 green light.

Code:
Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 232 HP / 72 Atk / 64 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
Code:
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Wood Hammer  
- Stone Edge  
- Superpower
note: MaceMaster uses Grass Knot over Superpower (and he uses complex EVs)

Last edited:
I'm going to be very upfront about this: You really cut corners on the set(s) and some other important parts of the analysis, and in the current state I cannot give it my approval.

Set 1
Items

There are 3 viable Bulu sets, Band Scarf and Grassium-Z (Assault Vest has a niche but I don't find it worth mentioning). You mentioned only one of these as a full-on set, and could've gone into a little more detail on the OO ones. I think Scarf should get its own set because of how viable and fundamentally different it is from Grassium-Z.

Moves
I checked with other QC members and they agree with me that Leech Seed, Synthesis and Substitute should not be mentioned as options on the main Grassium-Z set. I'll include the Grassium-Z set by MaceMaster (famous sets pokepaste) as well as a few other sets at the end of this post for inspiration.

EVs

These defensive measurements aren't really relevant in 1v1, both fall outside the top 100 on the current usage statistics which essentially means they're used less than the commonly used Tapu Lele, Excadrill and Greninja and also less than the scarcely used Pheromosa and Mega Garchomp. All of which can be EVd for in one way or another to beat more relevant threats (granted some of these examples are kinda pushing things).

Usage Tips
Given that I'm asking you to rewrite the set, Usage tips might need a bit of work depending on the moves and EVs you choose, though in general what you wrote is correct and doesn't need much more than a quick check.

Team Options
Same story as Usage Tips, you did a good job but might need some work given changes you might make.

Strategy Comments
Other Options

- If you do add the Choice Scarf set as its own set, rewrite Other Options to show that Choice Band and Choice Scarf can be used similarly.
- If you don't include Rock Tomb as a move on any of the main sets, add it here
- If you don't include HP Fire on Scarf, add it here.
- Whichever you include on Grassium Z (Swords Dance or Bulk Up) mention the other one here.

Checks and Counters
- Make it more clear that Grassium Tapu Bulu loses to offensive Poison, Fire and Steel types. Most importantly Charizard, Metagross, Kartana, Naganadel and Durant.
- Sturdy mons with Counter can give choiced bulu some trouble (Also Endeavor Donphan is a thing that hurts)

Conclusion
Get the analysis in better shape because I really think it needs changing, if necessary consult 1v1 room users or QC members to help you out. When that's done let me know and I'll give it another check. Until then I'm not giving you the QC 1/3 green light.

Code:
Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 72 Atk / 64 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
Code:
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Hidden Power [Fire] 
- Wood Hammer 
- Stone Edge 
- Superpower
note: MaceMaster uses Grass Knot over Superpower (and he uses complex EVs)
Implemented all changes, Grass Knot helps Choice locked Bulu deal with Donphan
I don't get it when you mean, you can use Choice Band and Choice Scarf can be used similarly, no point in running HP Fire on a Band set when it is not going to beat Kartana and Durant, and no point running Stone Edge if it can't beat MPinsir and MCharY. So, waiting for clarification on that part alone...

PS: I really don't know why you wanted me to include Scarf as a set. It serves nothing more than a lure set which works once, and which spectacularly fails once the set is known. True that it performs a unique function, but what that set can do more than just the luring is also an important parameter to be considered, and as far as that goes, it is really limited to (and reliant on) KOing things it's weak to. I'd consider Grassy Seed SpD set as a better option to analyse, but w/e..

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Good job, just a few things

232HP helps it tank a Let's Snuggle Forever + Shadow Sneak from Max Attack Mimikyu
Adamant or no?

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Golem can serve as good teammates.
Give people a friendly reminder out of these only very bulky LandoT and Golem actually beat Naganadel, which is the most important poison type in the metagame

A Choice Band set with Stone Edge and Megahorn instead of Substitute and Leech Seed can be used, where Stone Edge can be used against slower Fire-type Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, and Megahorn helps against Psychic-types like Latios and Latias. . A set with Grassy Seed, which increases the holder's Defense by one stage when Grassy Terrain is in effect, and Bulk Up can also be used against some other Pokemon like Crustle and Carracosta.
You didn't properly rewrite this, you still mention replacing Sub/Seed which you don't have in your main sets anymore.

Fix these and you'll have

QC 1/3

Good job, just a few things

Adamant or no?

Give people a friendly reminder out of these only very bulky LandoT and Golem actually beat Naganadel, which is the most important poison type in the metagame

You didn't properly rewrite this, you still mention replacing Sub/Seed which you don't have in your main sets anymore.

Fix these and you'll have

QC 1/3
Maximum always denotes Adamant :) Fixed SubSeed reference. I'm charmed to see that you mention Naganadel beats Golem xD And I've changed Landorus-T into Donphan. Thank you for QC!

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]

Tapu Bulu has decent bulk to go with its Grass / Fairy typing, a decent movepool, and, most importantly, an excellent ability in Grassy Surge, which boosts all the Grass-type attacks of all the Pokemon present in the field. Its 70 / 115 / 95 bulk means that it is able to tank some super effective hits, like an Ice Punch from Mega Medicham or an Ice Beam from Choice Specs Tapu Fini. Its Grass typing also matches it up very well against Mega Gyarados, a very formidable meta threat. It is also the slowest of all the Guardian Deities, which means that its terrain, the firm of its ability, activates the latest on the field and prevails for the first five turns of the battle. However, the absence of a good physical Fairy-type STAB move and a weakness to commonly used types like Fire, Flying, and Steel present major drawbacks to its usage. It also has a low base 75 Speed stat and just decent special defensive bulk, so it usually gets KOed by strong special attacks before it gets the chance to land a hit on many special attacking Pokemon.

Grassium Z

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Atk / 64 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, and with a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom, Wood Hammer helps Tapu Bulu in defeating Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Primarina. Also, due to the sheer power of Bloom Doom, Tapu Bulu is able to OHKO bulky Pokemon like Mega Slowbro, Snorlax, Blissey, Mega Sableye, and Porygon2. Rock Tomb is used for speed control against Pokemon like Mimikyu, and to break Sturdy ability on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Counter. Taunt lets it beat setup Pokemon like Shell Smash Crustle and Carracosta, and also for Aegislash's Kings Shield. The fourth moveset can be either Swords Dance or Bulk Up. Swords Dance helps it raise Attack faster against Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Zygarde, while Bulk Up lets it setup slowly but fares well against Pokemon like Bulk Up Groundium Landorus-T and Coil Zygarde. Give real things that Bulk Up beats or remove it. It can simply brute past Lando and Taunt Zygarde

Set Details
=======

232 HP helps it tank a Let's Snuggle Forever + Shadow Sneak from maximum Attack Mimikyu, while the HP investment along with the 64 SpD EVs allows it tank an Electroweb + Flash Cannon from maximum Special Attack Magnezone. This investment also gives it a very good chance of tanking a Z-Fleur Cannon from Magearna. 140 Speed EVs it says 136 in the set let it outspeed Jolly Donphan, and Mimikyu after a Rock Tomb. The remaining 76 EVs are dumped into Attack which, when coupled with an Adamant nature, gives it the best chances of beating common occurrences like Mega Gyarados, Mimikyu, Donphan, and Golem. Give better examples like Magnezone and Snorlax. Bulu OHKOs all of those with 0 Atk.
Grassium Z is the held item, since it powers Wood Hammer into a 190 Base Power Bloom Doom, which KOs nearly everything which does not resist Grass.

Usage Tips
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is a Grass-type Pokemon with an ability that sets up Grassy Terrain to boost its Grass-type moves, it can be sent against most Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, like Mega Gyarados, Groundium Z Landorus-T, Mega Swampert, and Mega Tyranitar. Additionally, this Tapu Bulu can also be sent against Mimikyu, Magnezone and Magearna; against Magnezone, the recommended course of action is to use the Z Move right away followed by Wood Hammer. While against Magearna, you usually use Taunt if you predict their Iron Defence, or you use Swords Dance if you predict their Z Move followed by the Z Move. It's advisable to avoid sending Tapu Bulu out against Landorus-T because Landorus-T has a chance of holding Flyinium Z. Since it has the lowest Speed of the Guardian Deities, Tapu Bulu's Terrain activates last, so it can be sent out against other Guardian Deities like Tapu Fini. Avoid sending Tapu Bulu in against Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard, Magearna, and Mega Venusaur, since Grass-type moves are not very effective against them. Taunt can be used for slower Pokemon that tend to set up against Tapu Bulu, like Crustle and Carracosta, and once said Pokemon are Taunted, use Substitute followed by Leech Seed to restore HP from the foe and follow it up with Bloom Doom to KO them. Wut - Leech Seed isn't on the set. Replace Sub+Seed w/ Rock Tomb In similar cases, Taunt followed by Bulk Up and Leech Seed can also be used to help tank the opposing Pokemon's attacks, restore HP from Grassy Terrain and Leech Seed, and hit the foe with Bloom Doom for maximum damage. Again, SubSeed isn't on the set anymore

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu cannot hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Celesteela, Electric-type Pokemon like Zeraora and Thundurus-T are also good teammates for Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Bulu helps in return by covering their Ground-type and Rock-type weakness, respectively. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when faced against Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z. Since Tapu Bulu has a disadvantage against Ice-type Pokemon like Avalugg and Mamoswine, Rock- and Fighting-type Pokemon like Mega Tyranitar and Terrakion can also serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu also helps in covering any Rock-type teammate's weakness to Ground- and Water-type moves. Since Tapu Bulu does not have naturally high Special Defence, some specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey or Meloetta can serve as teammates for Tapu Bulu.

Choice Scarf

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 204 HP / 128 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Grass Knot
I recommend changing the HP investment into 40 HP / 80 Def which tanks the Donphan all the same while allotting it many more EVs as special bulk isn't important to Scarf Bulu. You could dump the extra right into Atk, or you could put 32 EVs in SpA which gives Bulu an 81% chance to OHKO Durant as opposed to 56%.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, and helps Tapu Bulu in defeating Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Choice Specs Greninja, and Primarina. Grass Knot is used in this set to KO Pokemon like Golem, and Donphan which could use Counter if you use Wood Hammer. Hidden Power Fire is used to net KOs on Kartana and Durant. Stone Edge is used to KO Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir

Set Details
=======

204 HP EVs lets it tank a Z-Head Smash + Ice Shard from maximum Attack Donphan, 176 Speed EVs along with a Choice Scarf makes it outspeed Choice Specs Greninja, and the remaining EVs are invested on Attack stat to maximize its offensive capacity as much as possible.

Usage Tips
=======
Since Tapu Bulu has a strong Grass-type move in Wood Hammer, which is boosted by Terrain, it is recommended to send in against Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Greninja, Primarina, and Mega Tyranitar. Since it has Grass Knot, it can also be sent in against Counter users like Donphan and Golem. You can send it against Mega Charizard if you think that it's Mega Charizard Y since it outspeeds and KOs with Stone Edge. The same is also applicable to Mega Pinsir; Pinsir usually Mega evolves when matched up against Tapu Bulu, so you can use it to your advantage, since Mega Pinsir is KOd by Stone Edge. This set also lures Kartana and Durant, so it is advisable to send it against these Pokemon. Actively avoid sending it against most other Pokemon, since this set is a lure set, and it lacks the firepower or the moveset to kill much else.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Donphan, and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu can hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir, some Pokemon which lure in these like Mega Heracross or Volcarona can be paired as teammates, and Tapu Bulu does the lure killing job. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when faced against Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=======

A Choice Band set with Superpower, Stone Edge and Megahorn can be utilized, where Stone Edge can be used against slower Fire-type Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, and Megahorn helps against Psychic-types like Latios and Latias. Mention that Superpower OHKOs Heatran which is the primary intent of the set A set with Grassy Seed, which increases the holder's Defense by one stage when Grassy Terrain is in effect, and Bulk Up can also be used against some other Pokemon like Crustle and Carracosta.

Checks and Counters
=======

**Grass-resistant Pokemon**: Fire-, Steel-, Flying-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard, Mega Metagross, Heatran, Naganadel, and Mega Venusaur can counter Tapu Bulu because of their type advantages.

**Dragon-type Pokemon**: Dragon-type Pokemon like Haxorus also pose a threat because Tapu Bulu is not able to 2HKO most Dragon-type Pokemon, and they get either Poison- or Steel-type coverage moves like Poison Jab and Iron Head to reliably 2HKO Tapu Bulu.

**Setup Sweepers**: Some Pokemon, like Crustle and Carracosta, can endure one hit from Tapu Bulu with Sturdy, set up, and defeat Tapu Bulu that lack Taunt.

**Strong STAB Hitters**: Some Pokemon like Choice Specs Greninja and Porygon-Z outspeed Tapu Bulu and KO it because of their high Special Attack stats.
QC 2/3

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Overview
- No need to mention the stats I think they'll be displayed so just say good bulk.
- You should mention the powerful meta threats like Zard X and Porygon-Z here in the overview.

Grass Z

Set Details
- 232 HP
- Note that you can outspeed Mimikyu and Donphan with 132 Spe as well. So the 4 EVs can be used elsewhere if required.

Choice Scarf

Moves
- Re order to match the set's order.

Checks and Counters
You can add in FlyZ Dragoniteas well which is notable, Necrozma too. Add Steel mons Mega Aggron, Mega Metagross, Mega Lucario.

QC 3/3

Overview
- No need to mention the stats I think they'll be displayed so just say good bulk.
- You should mention the powerful meta threats like Zard X and Porygon-Z here in the overview.

Grass Z

Set Details
- 232 HP
- Note that you can outspeed Mimikyu and Donphan with 132 Spe as well. So the 4 EVs can be used elsewhere if required.

Choice Scarf

Moves
- Re order to match the set's order.

Checks and Counters
You can add in FlyZ Dragoniteas well which is notable, Necrozma too. Add Steel mons Mega Aggron, Mega Metagross, Mega Lucario.

QC 3/3
Reminder to actually follow the analysis format with listing the sets before this goes to GP; same w ttar
Implemented both of this except for charizard8888 's Mega Aggron comment. I have mentioned Steel-types in general, and mentioned a couple of better-used examples. Didn't want to mention all walls..

Before this is ready for GP,I would like to mention (after discussing with UnleashOurPassion),that Poison-type moves like Sludge Wave and Poison Jab do count as reliable counters to Tapu Bulu and should consequently be featured in the c&c section of the analysis.
Poison-type move users include Choice Specs Sludge Wave Volcanion,Landorus-I,Nihilego and Naganadel and Poison Jab users like Garchomp,Pheromosa,Sawk and more

Last edited:
Before this is ready for GP,I would like to mention (after discussing with UnleashOurPassion),that Poison-type moves like Sludge Wave and Poison Jab do count as reliable counters to Tapu Bulu and should consequently be featured in the c&c section of the analysis.
Poison-type move users include Choice Specs Sludge Wave Volcanion,Landorus-I,Nihilego and Naganadel and Poison Jab users like Garchomp,Pheromosa,Sawk and more
Implemented all except Volcanion and Naganadel, where Bulu outspeeds and KOes, and Volcanion can KO with its Fire-type STAB, and doesn't necessarily need Sludge Wave for it, and I've mentioned Poison-type Pokemon as the first C&C and listed the second most commonly used Poison-type Pokemon as an example (Not Mega Venusaur because MVenu may or may not carry Poison-type coverage. Instead included the first Poison-type Pokemon which always carries Poison-type move). You also mentioned (in PMs) that the first point does not have a Flying-type listed there, so removed that part as well. Thank you for clarifications! ^_^

amcheck addition removal comment ,(AC)=add comma
[OVERVIEW]

Tapu Bulu has decent bulk to go with its Grass / Fairy typing, a decent movepool, and, most importantly, an excellent ability in Grassy Surge, which boosts all the Grass-type attacks of all the Pokemon present ion the field. Its is able to tank some super effective hits, like an Ice Punch from Mega Medicham or an Ice Beam from Choice Specs Tapu Fini. Its Grass typing also matches it up very well against Mega Gyarados, a very formidable meta threat. It is also the slowest of all the Guardian Deities, which means that its terrain, the firm of its ability, activates the latest on the field and prevails for the first five turns of the battle. However, the absence of a good physical Fairy-type STAB move and a weakness to commonly used types like Fire, Flying, and Steel present major drawbacks to its usage. So As such, it is easily KOed by Pokemon like Mega Charizard X, Flyinium Z Dragonite, and Mega Metagross. It also has a low base 75 Speed stat and just decent special defensive bulk, so it usually gets KOed by strong special attacks like Porygon-Z's Breakneck Blitz (or whatever attack, but Porygon-Z is not a special attack last I checked) before it gets the chance to land a hit on many special attacking Pokemon.

[SET]
ability: Beast Boost
evs: 232 HP / 80 Atk / 64 SpD / 132 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, and with a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom, Wood Hammer helps Tapu Bulu in defeating defeat Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Primarina. Also, due to the sheer power of Bloom Doom, Tapu Bulu is able to can OHKO bulky Pokemon like Mega Slowbro, Snorlax, Blissey, Mega Sableye, and Porygon2. Rock Tomb is used for speed control against Pokemon like Mimikyu,(RC) and to break Sturdy ability on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Counter. Taunt lets it beat setup Pokemon like Shell Smash Crustle and Carracosta, and also for temporarily disables Aegislash's King'(add apostrophe)s Shield. The fourth moveset can be either Swords Dance or Bulk Up. Swords Dance helps it raise Attack faster against Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Zygarde, while Bulk Up lets it setup slowly but fares well against Pokemon like Bulk Up Groundium Landorus-T.

Set Details
=======

232 HP helps it tank a Let's Snuggle Forever + Shadow Sneak from maximum Attack Mimikyu, while the HP investment along with the 64 SpD EVs allows it tank an Electroweb + Flash Cannon from maximum Special Attack Magnezone. This investment also gives it a very good chance of tanking a Z-Fleur Cannon from Magearna. 132 Speed EVs let it outspeed Jolly Donphan, and Mimikyu after a Rock Tomb. The remaining 76 EVs are dumped into Attack which, when coupled with an Adamant nature, gives it the best chances of beating common occurrences like Magnezone and Snorlax. Grassium Z is the held item, since it powers turns Wood Hammer into a 190 Base Power Bloom Doom, which KOes nearly everything which does not resist Grass.

Usage Tips
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is a Grass-type Pokemon with an ability that sets up Grassy Terrain to boost its Grass-type moves, it can be sent against most Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, like Mega Gyarados, Groundium Z Landorus-T, Mega Swampert, and Mega Tyranitar. Additionally, this Tapu Bulu can also be sent against Mimikyu, Magnezone and Magearna; against Magnezone, the recommended course of action is to use the Z-(hyphen)Move right away,(AC) followed by Wood Hammer. While against Magearna, you usually use Taunt if you predict their Iron Defence Defense (US spelling), or you use Swords Dance if you predict their Z-(hyphen)Move,(AC) followed by the Z Move Bloom Doom. It's advisable to avoid sending Tapu Bulu out against Landorus-T because Landorus-T has a chance of holding Flyinium Z. Since it has the lowest Speed of the Guardian Deities, Tapu Bulu's Terrain activates last, so it can be sent out against other Guardian Deities like Tapu Fini. Avoid sending Tapu Bulu in against Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard, Magearna, and Mega Venusaur, since Grass-type moves are not very effective against them. Taunt can be used for slower Pokemon that tend to set up against Tapu Bulu, like Crustle and Carracosta, and once said Pokemon are Taunted, use Rock Tomb followed by Bloom Doom to KO them. In similar cases, Taunt followed by Bulk Up and Bloom Doom can also be used to help tank the opposing Pokemon's attacks, restore HP from Grassy Terrain, and hit the foe with Bloom Doom for maximum damage.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu cannot hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Celesteela, Electric-type Pokemon like Zeraora and Thundurus-T are also good teammates for Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Bulu helps in return by covering their Ground-type and Rock-type weakness, respectively. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when faced against facing Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z. Since Tapu Bulu has a disadvantage against Ice-type Pokemon like Avalugg and Mamoswine, Rock- and Fighting-type Pokemon like Mega Tyranitar and Terrakion can also serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu also helps in covering any Rock-type teammate's weakness to Ground- and Water-type moves. Since Tapu Bulu does not have naturally high Special Defence Defense, some specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey or Meloetta can serve as teammates for Tapu Bulu.

[SET]
item: Fightinium Z Choice Scarf
ability: Beast Boost
evs: 40 HP / 180 Atk / 80 Def / 32 SpA / 176 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, and helps Tapu Bulu in defeating Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Choice Specs Greninja, and Primarina. Grass Knot is used in this set to KO Pokemon like Golem,(RC) and Donphan,(AC) the latter of which could use Counter if you use Wood Hammer. Hidden Power Fire is used to net KOs on Kartana and Durant. Stone Edge is used to KO Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir.(Add Period)

Set Details
=======

40 HP + 80 Defense EVs lets Tapu Bulu tank a Z-Head Smash + Ice Shard from maximum Attack Donphan, 176 Speed EVs along with a Choice Scarf makes it outspeed Choice Specs Greninja, 32 EVs on Special Attack gives it a huge chance of KOing Durant and Kartana with HP Fire, and the remaining EVs are invested on Attack stat to maximize its offensive capacity as much as possible.

Usage Tips
=======
Since Tapu Bulu has a strong Grass-type move in Wood Hammer, which is boosted by Terrain, it is recommended to send in against Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Greninja, Primarina, and Mega Tyranitar. Since it has Grass Knot, it can also be sent in against Counter users like Donphan and Golem. You can send it against Mega Charizard if you think that it's Mega Charizard Y,(AC) since it outspeeds and KOes with Stone Edge. The same is also applicable to Mega Pinsir; Pinsir usually Mega eEvolves when matched up against Tapu Bulu, so you can use it to your advantage, since Mega Pinsir is KOed by Stone Edge. This set also lures Kartana and Durant in, so it is advisable to send it in against these Pokemon. Actively avoid sending it against most other Pokemon, since this set is a lure set, and it lacks the firepower or the moveset to kill much else.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Donphan,(RC) and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu can hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir, (was double-spaced here) some Pokemon which lure in these like Mega Heracross or Volcarona can be paired as teammates, and Tapu Bulu does the lure killing job KOes them. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because,(AC) in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when faced against Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=======

A Choice Band set with Superpower, Stone Edge,(AC) and Megahorn can be utilized, where Stone Edge can be used against slower Fire-type Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, and Megahorn helps against Psychic-types like Latios and Latias. It is worth mentioning that with appropriate Speed investment, Superpower can also KO Heatran. A set with Grassy Seed, which increases the holder's Defense by one stage when Grassy Terrain is in effect, and Bulk Up can also be used against some other Pokemon like Crustle and Carracosta.

Checks and Counters
=======

**Grass-resistant Pokemon**: Fire-, Steel-, Flying-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard X, Mega Metagross, Heatran, Naganadel, and Mega Venusaur can counter Tapu Bulu because of their type advantages.

**Poison-type coverage moves**: Poison-type is used as a common coverage move for many Pokemon which outspeed Tapu Bulu like Garchomp, Sawk, Pheromosa, and Landorus-I (base is Landorus, not Landorus-I), so these Pokemon KO Tapu Bulu Tapu Bulu is KOed by these Pokemon before it gets a chance to attack.

**Dragon-type Pokemon**: Dragon-type Pokemon like Dragonite and Haxorus pose a threat because Tapu Bulu is not able to 2HKO most Dragon-type Pokemon, and they get either STAB super effective move like Z-Fly Dragonite, or Poison- or Steel-type coverage moves like to reliably 2HKO Tapu Bulu.

**Setup Sweepers**: Some Pokemon, like Crustle and Carracosta, can endure one hit from Tapu Bulu with Sturdy, set up, and defeat Tapu Bulu that lack Taunt.

**Strong STAB Hitters**: Some Pokemon like Meteor Mash from Mega Lucario, Choice Specs Greninja and Porygon-Z outspeed Tapu Bulu and KO it because of their high Special Attack stats.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
got a new grassium bulu spread that actually does as advertised but with taking into account grassy terrain (it didn't before), which is therefore more optimal
Grassium Z:
evs: 156 HP / 108 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
(the HP evs are the lowest they can be without cutting the grassy terrain recovery further and therefore requiring more spdef evs)
also please specify Adamant Mimikyu and Timid Magnezone for the defensive calcs and Jolly Mimikyu for the Speed bit.

Choice Scarf:
nature: Jolly (not adamant)
These EVs dodge the KO from adamant donphan continental crush into ice shard after grassy terrain recovery, OHKO uninvested durant guaranteed (you OHKO kartana with 0 evs jolly nature; do not include it as an example in set details for spa evs), and outspeed Timid Greninja. Rest in attack.

please make sure your EVs are actually correct when you make spreads.

got a new grassium bulu spread that actually does as advertised but with taking into account grassy terrain (it didn't before), which is therefore more optimal
Grassium Z:
evs: 156 HP / 108 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
(the HP evs are the lowest they can be without cutting the grassy terrain recovery further and therefore requiring more spdef evs)
also please specify Adamant Mimikyu and Timid Magnezone for the defensive calcs and Jolly Mimikyu for the Speed bit.

Choice Scarf:
nature: Jolly (not adamant)
These EVs dodge the KO from adamant donphan continental crush into ice shard after grassy terrain recovery, OHKO uninvested durant guaranteed (you OHKO kartana with 0 evs jolly nature; do not include it as an example in set details for spa evs), and outspeed Timid Greninja. Rest in attack.

please make sure your EVs are actually correct when you make spreads.
Implemented all changes suggested. Will be more cautious in my future analyses...

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Amcheck from ur boi remove add (comments)

[OVERVIEW]

Tapu Bulu has average bulk to go with its Grass / Fairy typing, a decent movepool, and, most importantly, an excellent ability in Grassy Surge, which boosts all the Grass-type attacks of all the Pokemon present on the field. It is also able to tank some super effective hits, like an Ice Punch from Mega Medicham or an Ice Beam from Choice Specs Tapu Fini. Its Grass typing also matches it up very well against Mega Gyarados, a very formidable and prevalant prevalent threat. It is also the slowest of all the Guardian Deities, which means that its terrain activates the latest on the field and prevails for the first five turns of the battle. However, the absence of a good physical Fairy-type STAB move and a weakness to commonly used types like Fire, Flying, and Steel present major drawbacks to its usage. As such, it is easily KOed by Pokemon like Mega Charizard X, Flyinium Z Dragonite, and Mega Metagross. It also has a subpar Speed stat and just decent special defensive bulk, so it usually gets KOed by strong special attackers like Porygon-Z before it gets the chance to land a hit on these Pokemon. This leaves Tapu Bulu vulnerable to powerful special attacks like Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam or Greninja's Choice Specs Ice Beam, before it gets the chance to land a hit on these pokemon.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, and with a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom, .Wood Hammer helps Tapu Bulu defeat Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Primarina. Also, due to the sheer power of Bloom Doom, Tapu Bulu can OHKO bulky Pokemon like Mega Slowbro, Snorlax, Blissey, Mega Sableye, and Porygon2. Rock Tomb is used for speed control against Pokemon like Mimikyu and to break Sturdy on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Counter. sturdies on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Endeavor and Counter. Taunt lets it beat setup Pokemon like Shell Smash Crustle and Carracosta, and also temporarily disables Aegislash's King's Shield. The fourth move can be either Swords Dance or Bulk Up. Swords Dance helps it raise Attack faster against Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Zygarde, while, Bulk Up lets it setup slowly but fare well against Pokemon like Bulk Up Groundium Landorus-T.

Set Details
=======

156 HP helps it tank a Let's Snuggle Forever + Shadow Sneak from maximum Attack Mimikyu after Grassy Terrain recovery, while, 136 SpD EVs allows it to tank an Electroweb + Flash Cannon from maximum Special Attack Timid Magnezone. This investment also gives it a very good chance of tanking a Z-Fleur Cannon from Magearna. 132 Speed EVs let it outspeed Jolly Donphan, and maximum Speed Jolly Mimikyu after a Rock Tomb. The remaining EVs are dumped into Attack which, when coupled with an Adamant nature, gives it the best chances of beating common occurrences (just a better word that occurrences like Pokemon.) like Magnezone and Snorlax. Grassium Z is the held item, since it turns Wood Hammer into a 190 Base Power Bloom Doom, which OHKOes nearly everything which does not resist Grass.

Usage Tips
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is a Grass-type Pokemon with an ability that sets up Grassy Terrain to boost its Grass-type moves, it can be sent against most Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, like Mega Gyarados, Groundium Z Landorus-T, Mega Swampert, and Mega Tyranitar. Additionally, this Tapu Bulu can also be sent against Mimikyu (I understand this is a GP AM check but, maybe add somewhere that a well played Curse Mimikyu can beat Tapu Bulu?), Magnezone and Magearna; against Magnezone, the recommended course of action is to use the Z-Move right away, followed by Wood Hammer. While against Magearna, you usually use Taunt if you predict their Iron Defense, or you use Swords Dance if you predict their Z-Move, followed by Bloom Doom. It's advisable to avoid sending Tapu Bulu out against Landorus-T because Landorus-T has a chance of holding Flyinium Z. Since it has the lowest Speed of the Guardian Deities, Tapu Bulu's Terrain activates last, so it can be sent out against other Guardian Deities like Tapu Fini. Avoid sending Tapu Bulu in against Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard, Magearna, and Mega Venusaur, since Grass-type moves are not very effective against them (Add how they can OHKO/ heavily damage you in return.) Taunt can be used for slower Pokemon that tend to set up against Tapu Bulu, like Crustle and Carracosta, and once said Pokemon are Taunted, use Rock Tomb followed by Bloom Doom to KO them. In similar cases, Taunt followed by Bulk Up and Bloom Doom can also be used to help tank the opposing Pokemon's attacks, restore HP from Grassy Terrain, and hit the foe with Bloom Doom for maximum damage.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu cannot hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Celesteela, Electric-type Pokemon like Zeraora and Thundurus-T are also good teammates for Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Bulu helps in return by covering their Ground-type and Rock-type weakness, respectively. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when facing Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z. Since Tapu Bulu has a disadvantage against Ice-type Pokemon like Avalugg and Mamoswine (Maybe a more common Ice type over Mamoswine?), Rock- and Fighting-type Pokemon like Mega Tyranitar and Terrakion can also serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu also helps in covering any Rock-type teammate's weakness to Ground- and Water-type moves. Since Tapu Bulu does not have naturally high Special Defense, some specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey or Meloetta can serve as teammates for Tapu Bulu.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, and helps Tapu Bulu in defeating Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Choice Specs Greninja, and Primarina. Grass Knot is used in this set to KO Pokemon like Golem and Donphan, the latter of which could use Counter if you use Wood Hammer. Hidden Power Fire is used to net KOs on Kartana and Durant. Stone Edge is used to OHKO Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir.

Set Details
=======

40 HP + 84 Defense EVs lets Tapu Bulu tank a Z-Head Smash + Ice Shard from maximum Attack Donphan, 176 Speed EVs along with a combined with a Choice Scarf and Jolly nature outspeeds maximum Speed Timid Choice Specs Greninja, 52 EVs on Special Attack gives it a huge great chance of OHKOing Durant with HP Fire, and the remaining EVs are invested on in its Attack stat to maximize its offensive capacity abilities as much as possible.

Usage Tips
=======
Since Tapu Bulu has a strong Grass-type move in Wood Hammer, which is boosted by Terrain, it is recommended to send
it in against Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Greninja, Primarina, and Mega Tyranitar. Since it has Grass Knot, it can also be sent in against Counter users like Donphan and Golem. You can send it against Charizard if you think that it's Mega Charizard Y, since it outspeeds and OHKOes with Stone Edge. The same is also applicable to Mega Pinsir; Pinsir usually Mega Evolves when matched up against Tapu Bulu, so because of this, you can use it to your advantage, since Mega Pinsir is OHKOed by Stone Edge. This set also lures Kartana and Durant in, so it is advisable to send it in against these Pokemon. Actively avoid sending it against most other Pokemon, since this set is a lure set, and it lacks the firepower or the moveset to kill much else.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Donphan and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu can hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir with the Choice Scarf set, some Pokemon which lure in these like Mega Heracross or Volcarona can be paired as teammates, and Tapu Bulu OHKOes them. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because, in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when faced against Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=======

A Choice Band set with Superpower, Stone Edge, and Megahorn can be utilized, where Stone Edge can be used against slower Fire-type Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, and Megahorn helps against Psychic-types like Latios and Latias. It is worth mentioning that with appropriate Speed investment, Superpower can also KO Heatran. A set with Grassy Seed, which increases the holder's Defense by one stage when Grassy Terrain is in effect, . and Bulk Up can also be used against some other Pokemon like Crustle and Carracosta.

Checks and Counters
=======

**Poison-type coverage moves**: Poison-type is used as a common coverage move for many Pokemon which outspeed Tapu Bulu like Garchomp, Sawk, Pheromosa, and Landorus, so these Pokemon OHKO Tapu Bulu before it gets a chance to attack.

**Dragon-type Pokemon**: Dragon-type Pokemon like Dragonite and Haxorus pose a threat because Tapu Bulu is not able to 2HKO most Dragon-type Pokemon, and they get either STAB super effective move like Z-Fly Dragonite, or Poison- or Steel-type coverage moves like to reliably 2HKO Tapu Bulu.

**Strong STAB Hitters**: Some Pokemon like Meteor Mash from Mega Lucario, Choice Specs Greninja and Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam outspeed Tapu Bulu and OHKO it because of their high Special Attack stats.

Last edited:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, it's been over a month... but hey there!

Wrath of Alakazam - please implement everything that I haven't crossed out in here as well as my own bolded comments.
ayedan - stamping your check.

General advice for the both of you - when writing / editing, be wary of parallelism / consistency errors; that is, make sure subjects and objects are paired with their respective descriptions / actions correctly.

For example:

"It is worth mentioning that with appropriate Speed investment, Superpower can also KO Heatran."

What you mean to say is that with the appropriate Speed investment, Tapu Bulu can outspeed Heatran and KO it with Superpower. But written like this, you are saying that Superpower outspeeds and KOes Heatran, which is not true.

Otherwise, most errors were caught. Nice work both of you!

[OVERVIEW]

Tapu Bulu has average bulk to go with its Grass / Fairy typing, a decent movepool, and, most importantly, an excellent ability in Grassy Surge, which boosts all the Grass-type attacks of all the Pokemon present on the field. It is also able to tank some super effective hits, like an Ice Punch from Mega Medicham or an Ice Beam from Choice Specs Tapu Fini. Its Grass typing also matches it up very well against Mega Gyarados, a very formidable and prevalant prevalent threat. It is also the slowest of all the Guardian Deities, which means that its terrain activates the latest on the field and prevails for the first five turns of the battle. However, the absence of a good physical Fairy-type STAB move and a weakness to commonly used types like Fire, Flying, and Steel present major drawbacks to its usage. As such, it is easily KOed by Pokemon like Mega Charizard X, Flyinium Z Dragonite, and Mega Metagross. It also has a subpar Speed stat and just decent special defensive bulk, so it usually gets KOed by strong special attackers like Porygon-Z before it gets the chance to land a hit on these Pokemon. This leaves Tapu Bulu vulnerable to powerful special attacks like Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam or Choice Specs Greninja's Choice Specs Ice Beam, before it gets the chance to land a hit on these pokemon. Pokemon. (though I'm not quite sure why this edit is necessary as the previous sentence was just fine)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, and with a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom, . (I feel like this sentence was supposed to go somewhere. What does Tapu Bulu accomplish with Bloom Down? Or is it just that 'Wood Hammer is boosted by Grass Terrain, and turns into a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom with Grassium Z'?) Wood Hammer helps Tapu Bulu defeat Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Primarina. Also, due to the sheer power of Bloom Doom, Tapu Bulu can OHKO bulky Pokemon like Mega Slowbro, Snorlax, Blissey, Mega Sableye, and Porygon2. Rock Tomb is used for speed control against Pokemon like Mimikyu and to break Sturdy on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Counter. sturdies on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Endeavor and Counter. through Sturdy on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Counter. (it was better as is, 'sturdies' is incorrect) Taunt lets it beat setup Pokemon like Shell Smash Crustle and Carracosta, and also temporarily disables Aegislash's King's Shield. The fourth move can be either Swords Dance or Bulk Up. Swords Dance helps it raise Attack faster against Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Zygarde, while, (no comma here) Bulk Up lets it setup slowly but fare well against Pokemon like Bulk Up Groundium Z (don't forget this) Landorus-T.

Set Details
=======

Running 156 HP EVs (I don't like starting sentences with numbers) helps it tank a Let's Snuggle Forever + Shadow Sneak from maximum Attack Mimikyu after Grassy Terrain recovery, while, (no comma here) 136 SpD EVs allows it to tank an Electroweb + Flash Cannon from maximum Special Attack Timid Magnezone. This investment also gives it a very good chance of tanking a Z-Fleur Cannon from Magearna. Using 132 Speed EVs let it outspeed Jolly Donphan, (comma unnecessary) and maximum Speed Jolly Mimikyu after a Rock Tomb. The remaining EVs are dumped into Attack which, when coupled with an Adamant nature, gives it the best chances of beating common occurrences (just a better word that occurrences like Pokemon.) like Magnezone and Snorlax. Grassium Z is the held item, since it turns Wood Hammer into a 190-(add hyphen)Base Power Bloom Doom, which OHKOes nearly everything which does not resist Grass.

Usage Tips
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is a Grass-type Pokemon with an ability that sets up Grassy Terrain to boost its Grass-type moves, it can be sent against most Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, like Mega Gyarados, Groundium Z Landorus-T, Mega Swampert, and Mega Tyranitar. Additionally, this Tapu Bulu can also be sent against Mimikyu (I understand this is a GP AM check but, maybe add somewhere that a well played Curse Mimikyu can beat Tapu Bulu?), Magnezone,(add oxford comma) and Magearna; against Magnezone, the recommended course of action is to use the Z-Move right away, followed by Wood Hammer. While against Magearna, you usually use Taunt if you predict their Iron Defense, or you use Swords Dance if you predict their Z-Move, followed by Bloom Doom. (remove extra space here) It's advisable to avoid sending Tapu Bulu out against Landorus-T because Landorus-T has a chance of holding Flyinium Z. Since it has the lowest Speed of the Guardian Deities, Tapu Bulu's Terrain activates last, so it can be sent out against other Guardian Deities like Tapu Fini. Avoid sending Tapu Bulu in against Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard, Magearna, and Mega Venusaur, since Grass-type moves are not very effective against them (Add how they can OHKO/ heavily damage you in return.) Taunt can be used for slower Pokemon that tend to set up against Tapu Bulu, like Crustle and Carracosta, and once said Pokemon are Taunted, use Rock Tomb followed by Bloom Doom to KO them. In similar cases, Taunt followed by Bulk Up and Bloom Doom can also be used to help tank the opposing Pokemon's attacks, restore HP from Grassy Terrain, and hit the foe with Bloom Doom for maximum damage.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu cannot hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Celesteela, Electric-type Pokemon like Zeraora and Thundurus-T are also good teammates for Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Bulu helps in return by covering their Ground-type (unnecessary) and Rock-type weakness, respectively. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when facing Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z. Since Tapu Bulu has a disadvantage against Ice-type Pokemon like Avalugg and Mamoswine (Maybe a more common Ice type over Mamoswine?), Rock- and Fighting-type Pokemon like Mega Tyranitar and Terrakion can also serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu also helps in covering any Rock-type teammate's weakness to Ground- and Water-type moves. Since Tapu Bulu does not have naturally high Special Defense, some specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey or Meloetta can serve as teammates for Tapu Bulu.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, and helps Tapu Bulu in defeating Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Choice Specs Greninja, and Primarina. Grass Knot is used in this set to KO Pokemon like Golem and Donphan, the latter of which could use Counter if you use Wood Hammer. Hidden Power Fire is used to net KOs on Kartana and Durant. Stone Edge is used to OHKO Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir.

Set Details
=======

Running 40 HP + 84 Defense EVs lets Tapu Bulu tank a Z-Head Smash + Ice Shard from maximum Attack Donphan, 176 Speed EVs along with a combined with a Choice Scarf and Jolly nature let Tapu Bulu outspeeds (Tapu Bulu does the outspeeding, not the EVs etc) maximum Speed Timid Choice Specs Greninja, 52 EVs on Special Attack gives it a huge great chance of OHKOing Durant with HP Fire, and the remaining EVs are invested on in its Attack stat to maximize its offensive capacity abilities as much as possible.

Usage Tips
=======
Since Tapu Bulu has a strong,(add comma) Terrain-boosted Grass-type move in Wood Hammer, which is boosted by Terrain, (sounds better this way) it is recommended to send
it in against Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Greninja, Primarina, and Mega Tyranitar. Since it has Grass Knot, it can also be sent in against Counter users like Donphan and Golem. You can send it against Charizard if you think that it's Mega Charizard Y, since it outspeeds and OHKOes with Stone Edge. The same is also applicable to Mega Pinsir; Pinsir usually Mega Evolves when matched up against Tapu Bulu, so because of this, so (it was actually better as it was) you can use it this to your advantage, since Mega Pinsir is OHKOed by Stone Edge. This set also lures Kartana and Durant in, so it is advisable to send it in against these Pokemon. Actively avoid sending it in (don't miss this) against most other Pokemon, since this set is a lure set, and it lacks the firepower or the moveset to kill much else.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Donphan and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu can hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir with the Choice Scarf set, some Pokemon which lure in these like Mega Heracross or Volcarona can be paired as teammates, and Tapu Bulu OHKOes them. (this whole part is redundant) Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because, in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when faced against Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=======

A Choice Band set with Superpower, Stone Edge, and Megahorn can be utilized, where Stone Edge can be used against slower Fire-type Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, and Megahorn helps against Psychic-types like Latios and Latias. It is worth mentioning that with appropriate Speed investment, Tapu Bulu can also outspeed and KO Heatran with Superpower.(add period) can also KO Heatran. (Superpower does not outspeed Heatran) A set with Grassy Seed, which increases the holder's Defense by one stage when Grassy Terrain is in effect, . effect, can also be viable. (keep the comma. add the rest of the sentence) and Bulk Up can also be used against some other Pokemon like Crustle and Carracosta.

Checks and Counters
=======

**Poison-type coverage moves**: Poison-type is used as a common coverage move for many Pokemon which outspeed Tapu Bulu like Garchomp, Sawk, Pheromosa, and Landorus, so these Pokemon OHKO Tapu Bulu before it gets a chance to attack.

**Dragon-type Pokemon**: Dragon-type Pokemon like Dragonite and Haxorus pose a threat because Tapu Bulu is not able to 2HKO most Dragon-type Pokemon, and they get either STAB super effective moves (don't miss this) like Z-Fly Dragonite, or Poison- or Steel-type coverage moves like (seems like there is supposed to be an example here?) to reliably 2HKO Tapu Bulu.

**Strong STAB Hitters Attackers**: Some Pokemon like Meteor Mash from (Mega Lucario is the Pokemon) Mega Lucario, Choice Specs Greninja,(add comma) and Hyper Beam Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam outspeed Tapu Bulu and OHKO it because of their high Special Attack stats and powerful attacks.

GP 1/2

Implemented, except this :

Well, it's been over a month... but hey there!

(I understand this is a GP AM check but, maybe add somewhere that a well played Curse Mimikyu can beat Tapu Bulu?)
84+ Atk Tapu Bulu Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 77-91 (23.9 - 28.3%) -- 95.6% chance to 4HKO . So it has to rely on the 5% chance of missing to set up Curse reliably.

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Tapu Bulu has average bulk to go with its Grass / Fairy typing, a decent movepool, and, most importantly, an excellent ability in Grassy Surge, which boosts all the Grass-type attacks of the Pokemon present on the field. (dex info) It is also able to tank some super effective hits, likesuch as an Ice Punch from Mega Medicham orand an Ice Beam from Choice Specs Tapu Fini. ItTapu Bulu's Grass typing also matches it up very well against Mega Gyarados, a very formidable and prevalent threat. It is also the slowest of all the Guardian Deities, which means that its tTerrain activates the latest on the field and prevails for the first five turns of the battle. However, the absence of a good physical Fairy-type STAB move and a weakness to commonly used types like Fire, Flying, and Steel present major drawbacks to its usage. As such, it isIts typing causes it to be easily KOed by Pokemon like Mega Charizard X, Flyinium Z Dragonite, and Mega Metagross. It also has a subpar Speed stat and just decent special defensive bulkSpecial Defense. This leaves Tapu Bulu vulnerable to powerful special attacks like Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam orand Choice Specs Greninja's Choice Ice Beam, (RC) before it gets the chance to land a hit on these Pokemon.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer helps Tapu Bulu defeat Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Primarina. It also turns into a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom with Grassium Z, (AC) which enables Tapu Bulu to OHKO bulky Pokemon like Mega Slowbro, Blissey, Mega Sableye, and Porygon2. Rock Tomb is used for speed control against Pokemon like Mimikyu and to break through Sturdy on Pokemon like Donphan and Golem while avoiding Counter. Taunt lets it beat setup Pokemon like Shell Smash Crustle and Carracosta, and also temporarily disables Aegislash's King's Shield. The fourth move can be either Swords Dance or Bulk Up. Swords Dance helps ithelps Tapu Bulu raise its Attack faster against Pokemon like Mega Gyarados and Zygarde, while Bulk Up lets it set(add space)up slowly but fare wellbetter against Pokemon like Bulk Up Groundium Z Landorus-T.

Set Details
=======

Running 156 HP EVs helps itTapu Bulu tank a Let's Snuggle Forever + Shadow Sneak from maximum Attack Mimikyu after Grassy Terrain recovery, whileand 136 Special Defense EVs allows it to tank an Electroweb + Flash Cannon from maximum Special Attack Timid Magnezone. This investment also gives it a very good chance of tanking a Z-Fleur CannonTwinkle Tackle from Magearna. Using 132 Speed EVs let its Tapu Bulu outspeed Jolly Donphan ands well as maximum Speed Jolly Mimikyu after a Rock Tomb. The remaining EVs are dumped into Attack, (AC) which, when coupled with an Adamant nature, gives it the best chances of beating common Pokemon like Magnezone. Grassium Z is the held item, since it turns Wood Hammer into a 190-Base Power Bloom Doom, which OHKOes nearly everything whichthat does not resist Grass.

Usage Tips
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is a Grass-type Pokemon with an ability that sets up Grassy Terrain to boost its Grass-type moves, it can be sent against most Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, like Mega Gyarados, Groundium Z Landorus-T, Mega Swampert, and Mega Tyranitar. Additionally, this Tapu Bulu can also be sent in against Mimikyu, Magnezone, and Magearna; against Magnezone, the recommended course of action is to use the Z-Move right away, followed by Wood Hammer. While aAgainst Magearna, you usuallyshould use Taunt if you predict their Iron Defense, or you use Swords Dance if you predict their Z-Move, followed by Bloom Doom. It's advisable to avoid sending Tapu Bulu out against Landorus-T because Landorus-T has a chance of holding Flyinium Z. (this contradicts your earlier sentence when you said bulu can be sent out against z-ground lando-t. If you're not going to send it out against lando-t anyway remove that example) Since it has the lowest Speed of the Guardian Deities, Tapu Bulu's Terrain activates last, so it can be sent out against other Guardian Deities like Tapu Fini. Avoid sending Tapu Bulu in against Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard, Magearna, and Mega Venusaur, since Grass-type moves are not very effective against them and also because they can OHKO you in return.. (this whole line seems super obvious) Taunt can be used against slower Pokemon that tend to set up on Tapu Bulu, like Crustle and Carracosta, and once said Pokemon are Taunted, use Rock Tomb followed by Bloom Doom to KO them. In similar cases, Taunt followed by Bulk Up and Bloom Doom can also be used to help tank the opposing Pokemon's attacks, restore HP from Grassy Terrain, and hit the foe with Bloom Doom for maximum damage.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak to Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness. Since Tapu Bulu cannot hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Celesteela very hard, Electric-type Pokemon like Zeraora and Thundurus-T are also good teammates for Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Bulu helps in return by covering their Ground- and Rock-type weakness, respectively. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which can make up for Tapu Bulu's mediocre Special Defense when facing Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Z. Since Tapu Bulu has a disadvantage against Ice-type Pokemon like Kyurem, Avalugg, (AC) and Weavile, Rock- and Fighting-type Pokemon like Mega Tyranitar and Terrakion can also serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu also helps in covering any Rock-type teammate's weakness to Ground- and Water-type moves. Since Tapu Bulu does not have naturally high Special Defense, some specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey or Meloetta can serve as teammates for Tapu Bulu.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Wood Hammer is boosted by Grassy Terrain, andGrassy Terrain-boosted Wood Hammer helps Tapu Bulu in defeating Water-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Choice Specs Greninja, and Primarina. Grass Knot is used in this set to KO Pokemon like Golem and Donphan, the latter of which could use Counter if you useTapu Bulu uses Wood Hammer. Hidden Power Fire is used to net KOs on Kartana and Durant. Stone Edge is used to OHKO Flying-types like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir.

Set Details
=======

Running 40 HP +EVs and 84 Defense EVs lets Tapu Bulu tank a Z-Head SmaContinental Crush + Ice Shard from maximum Attack Donphan,. (AP) 176 Speed EVs combined with a Choice Scarf and Jolly nature let Tapu Bulu outspeed maximum Speed Timid Choice Specs Greninja, 52 EVs o. (AP) 52 EVs in Special Attack gives it a great chance of OHKOing Durant with Hidden Power Fire, and the remaining EVs are invested in its Attack stat to maximize its offensive ability as much as possible.

Usage Tips
=======

Since Tapu Bulu has a strong, Terrain-boosted Grass-type move in Wood Hammer, it is recommended to send it in against Water-, Ground-, and Rock-type Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Greninja, Primarina, and Mega Tyranitar. Since it has Grass Knot, it can also be sent in against Counter users like Donphan and Golem. You can send it against Charizard if you think that it's Mega Charizard Y, since it outspeeds and OHKOes it with Stone Edge. The same is also applicable to Mega Pinsir; Pinsir usually Mega Evolves when matched up against Tapu Bulu, so you can use it this to your advantage, since Mega Pinsir is OHKOed by Stone Edge. This set also lures Kartana and Durant in, so it is advisable to send it in against these Pokemon. Actively avoid sending it in against most other Pokemon, since this set is a lure set, and it lacks the firepower or the moveset to killKO much else.

Team Options
=======

Since Tapu Bulu is weak toGround-type Pokemon like Donphan and Golem can cover Tapu Bulu's Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-type moves, Ground-type Pokemon like Donphan and Golem can serve as good teammates. Tapu Bulu helps them in return by covering their Water-type weakness.weaknesses while appreciating Tapu Bulu's ability to defeat Water-types. (basically just never ever c/p stuff from one set to another. At least make it sound different) Since Tapu Bulu can hit Flying-type Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir with the Choice Scarfis set, some Pokemon whichthat lure in these like Mega Heracross orand Volcarona can be paired as teammateswith it. Magnezone can serve as an excellent teammate for Tapu Bulu because, in addition to it drawing in Ground-type Pokemon for Tapu Bulu, Magnezone also learns Mirror Coat, which cand make up for Tapu Bulu'its mediocre Special Defense when faced against Pokemon like Meloetta and Porygon-Zby defeating special attackers such as Porygon-Z and Meloetta with Mirror Coat.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=======

A Choice Band set with Superpower, Stone Edge, and Megahorn can be utilized, where Stone Edge can be used against slower Fire-type Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, and Megahorn helps against Psychic-types like Latios and Latias. It is worth mentioning that with appropriate Speed investment, Tapu Bulu can also outspeed and KO Heatran with Superpower. A set with Grassy Seed, which increases the holder's Defense by one stage when Grassy Terrain is in effect, can also be viable. Bulk Up can also be used against Pokemon like Crustle and Carracosta. (im confused you already have bulk up. Also what are the drawbacks of grassy seed? All you say is what it does)

Checks and Counters
=======

**Poison-type coverage mCoverage Moves**: Poison-type is used as amoves are common as coverage moves for many Pokemon whichthat outspeed Tapu Bulu like Garchomp, Sawk, Pheromosa, and Landorus, so these Pokemon OHKO Tapu Bulu before it gets a chance to attack.

**Dragon-type Pokemon**: Dragon-type Pokemon like Dragonite and Haxorus pose a threat because Tapu Bulu is not able to 2HKO most Dragon-type Pokemon, and the. Many get either STAB super effective moves like Z-FlySupersonic Skystrike Dragonite, (RC) or Poison- or Steel-type coverage moves like Poison Jab orand Iron Tail to reliably 2HKO Tapu Bulu. (shouldnt this go in grass-resistant pokemon?)

**Setup Sweepers**: Some Pokemon, like Crustle and Carracosta, can endure one hit from Tapu Bulu with Sturdy, set up, and defeat Tapu Bulu that lackif it isn't running Taunt.

**Strong STAB Attackers**: Some Pokemon liketrong attackers such as Meteor Mash Mega Lucario, Choice Specs Greninja, and Hyper Beam Porygon-Z outspeed Tapu Bulu and OHKO it because of their high Special Attack stats and powerful attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)