Tapu Fini (Revamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]
  • Tapu Fini is one of the most effective Defog users in the tier because it can remove entry hazards against Ash-Greninja and Heatran, arguably the two best entry hazard setters in the entire tier.
  • Additionally, Tapu Fini's great defensive typing allows it to check many notable threats in the tier, such as Heatran, Ash-Greninja, and Zygarde.
  • Misty Terrain is an incredible ability, allowing Tapu Fini to support teammates by preventing problematic status conditions such as Poison, Burn, and Paralysis that would severely cripple Tapu Fini's teammates otherwise.
[SET]
name: Asteroid Blues
move 1: Nature's Madness / Moonblast
move 2: Scald / Moonblast
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Defog
item: Leftovers
ability: Misty Surge
nature: Calm
evs: 248 HP / 68 SpD / 192 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Nature's Madness allows Tapu Fini to wear down troublesome defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and Toxapex for its teammates.
  • Taunt allows Tapu Fini to shut down passive Pokemon such as Toxapex and Clefable, preventing them from setting hazards.
Set Details
========

Describe the other aspects of the set such as what the EVs do and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[LL, 144451]]
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Last edited:
I know 56 SpD w Calm hits a jump point, but there's a couple small investments you can make with those EVs that might be worth considering (there's a jump point at 16 SpD too and my suggestions don't make you miss out on that one).
I assume 12 SpA is to guaranteed 2HKO offensive Heatran without 4 EVs in SpD with Scald, but it only costs 4 more EVs to guarantee the 2HKO on ones running 4 SpD (it's where the leftovers are thrown on the analysis and I don't think it'd be against the rules to do this) with Scald:
16 SpA Tapu Fini Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 162-192 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

...however, Heatran's analysis may well get the 16 HP / 24 SpD spread CMSed onto it anyway so this ones a bit shaky.
You can also run 16 EVs in Def to guaranteed take a +2 Acrobatics from Hawlucha after Stealth Rock and a turn of leftovers:
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Tapu Fini: 271-321 (79 - 93.5%)
100 - 12.5 + 6.25 = 93.75%.
93.75% of Fini's HP is 321.5625, rounding up to 322, which is higher than the max roll from +2 Acro
Possible damage amounts: (271, 276, 279, 282, 285, 288, 291, 294, 298, 301, 304, 307, 310, 313, 316, 321)

Ig you could run 24 Def to take 2 unboosted Acrobatics in a row after Stealth Rock damage too but that benchmark's not as useful.
252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 24 Def Tapu Fini: 135-160 (39.3 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Edit: Spent some time doing calcs on how removing some spdef affects the tran matchup (specifically magma steel z, the scenario im looking at is magma + leftovers + magma chip + z steel + leftovers + magma chip, i've used the max roll on all attacks and 6.25 is referring to magma storm chip + leftovers).
56+ SpD (current amount of spdef): 21.5 + 6.25 + 68.5 + 6.25 = 102.5%
40+ SpD (current amount of spdef with 16 removed for the lucha benchmark): 21.8 + 6.25 + 69.3 + 6.25 = 103.6%
36+ SpD (current amount of spdef with 16 removed for the lucha benchmark and 4 removed for the scald vs 4 spdef tran benchmark): 21.8 + 6.25 + 69.9 + 6.25 = 104.2%
16+ SpD (lowest jump point): 22.1 + 6.25 + 70.8 + 6.25 = 105.4%
the increase in damage taken from 56 to 40 is marginal so i think running 16 in def is probably okay, especially considering most steelium z trans run plume anyway.

Edit 2: Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 52 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nature's Madness / Moonblast
- Scald / Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog
sadly you just miss out on the spdef jump point but there's no real way to get around that since i think the def is really worth it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)