Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

I started off with Hydreigon. Nasty Plot Hydreigon is a decent wallbreaker vs. Bulkier teams and a decent check to pokemon like Volcanion, Heatran and Blacephalon as well other choice locked ghost-types. 152 speed and a Timid nature outspeeds Modest Specs Lele, Timid Volcanion and TImid Nidoking. You can also run Modest for extra power and still outspeed Modest Nidoking and Timid Volcanion. Hydreigon is both a great early game and late game threat that rip holes through Steel types so Tapu Lele isn't forced to click Focus Blast.

:Aegislash:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Pretty much everyone knows Aegislash and Hydreigon have perfect type synergy.
Aegislash is a very good Special Tank which can chip down opposing pokemon for Hydreigon and Lele. Shadow ball and Toxic is quite hard to switch into.
Together, they counter pretty much every relevant Special Attacker in the tier. 44 Phys. Def evs allows Aegislash to take Psyshocks from Specs Lele and Brave Birds from Galarian Zapdos much better.

:Toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Poison Jab

Toxapex is a very good defensive Pokemon overall.
It pairs well with Hydreigon because Toxic Spikes can apply massive pressure to teams. Toxapex can deal with Ice types, and Fairy types with Poison Jab. Hydregion can deal with Slowbro, Slowking, Heatran and Ground Types. Scald can be run to better deal with Physical Attackers because Weavile can break through this team somewhat easily.

:Hippowdon:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

I put Hippowdon as my ground-type as choice.
Hippowdon is my favourite Ground Type because Unlike Garchomp and Landorus it has reliable recovery and unlike Gastrodon it has Stealth Rock.
Hippowdon is also Bulky on both the Physical and Special Side taking hits from both. It pairs well with Aegislash because Shadow Ball + Toxic + Sandstorm + Hazards is a lot to deal with. Hippowdon also checks Dragapult, Heatran and Blacephalon for Aegislash.

:Tornadus-Therian:
Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 16 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Hurricane

Tornadus is my Defogger and Speed Control.
168 and a Timid Nature outspeeds Base 110s like the Latis and Kartana. Max Speed is pointless since the main Pokémon Tornadus outspeeds threatens it out anyway, for example Tapu Koko and Weavile.
76 Def and 16 Sp. Def evs makes Tornadus quite Physically Bulky.
Tornadus is a decent Check to Band Kartana and Rillaboom which can overwhelm Toxapex with their respective Grass moves.
Tornadus-T is both an Offensive and Defensive Pivot that can take hits and Deal good damage with Hurricane or Weaken threats with Knock Off which makes it very useful on this team.

:Tapu Lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele is the strongest Breaker on this team.
This is thing is so powerful. Most teams don't even have a switch-in.
Vs. Tapu Lele, the Opponent pretty much has to predict if they're going to switch into the steel type or into the Ghost-Type/Fighting resist fearing Focus Blast. To which you can defeat which Psyshock or Psychic. It becomes a game of prediction. If they predict wrong they either get 2HKO'd or OHKO'd. Also, this team before would struggle Vs. Mandibuzz and Dark Types in General, so having a strong Fairy is very good.

So that's the team, please rate how good it is or make criticisms if you think this team can be improved.

A question: why do you have a 248 hp investment on hydreigon if you mean for it to be a breaker? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a full SpA investment on it?

Also, what's the point of 16 SpD on Torn-T? I don't think it does much in game.

One final thing: I don't think hippowdon is worth over Garchomp/Lando-T just for Slack Off. Both can output more Earthquake damage, and I feel like Sand Stream hurts you more than it helps because it provides chip damage to your own breakers.

Overall, great team, and good luck on the climb!

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
cool team. i like the idea of hydreigon and i think its nasty plot set can be pretty useful. one of the first main problems i see this team having is its troubles vs weavile. outspeeding everything on this team and basically being able to swords dance vs torn for free and basically killing the whole team from there makes it a very big threat. even cb sets can run through this team just with its stabs and can go basically unpunished. i also noticed that volcarona is a massive threat. while you do have spdef toxic hippo that thing gets 2hkoed and getting psychic terrain from your own lele means pex isn't all too reliable.

:aegislash: -> :heatran: my first change i recommend is making aegislash heatran. heatran allows this team to be much better vs volcarona and weavile. coupled with toxic hippowdon makes volcarona more than manageable, while also slightly improving your matchup vs lele. since hippowdon has rocks, we can afford to go magma storm / toxic / epower/ taunt with leftovers. i think leftovers is fine over balloon since we have a hydreigon and hippo in the back for opposing heatran. having spdef is still good for lele so id recommend spdef tran.

:toxapex: secondly, i believe making toxapex rocky helmet with toxic over poison jab will be very beneficial. toxic allows you to punish SD weaviles among other things that like to try to stay in vs scalds like tornt or landot. making it rocky helmet gives you a way to punish axels if they ever decide to go for it while still chipping it even if it takes a knock off, while also punishing uturns from other pokemon. poison jab was really only good for whirlpool fini but you have a tornt to scout and a lele that can come in and fire off psychics off a tornadus u-turn so you should be fine vs fini.

:hydreigon: finally i believe changing hydreigon to np / dpulse / flash / roost would prove to be more beneficial. while earth power seems nice to have as a way to instantly hit heatran, considering we have a lele firing off specs psychics, generally heatran wont be at full anyway and doesn't really like to come in on hydreigon. however, clefable does like coming in on hydra so being able to fire off a +2 flash cannon as it comes in can be very good for this team. also while it may seem ideal to run as much bulk on hydrei as possible, it doesn't really need it as it comes in on the same stuff anyway, like heatran and can just roost up, but max spatk max speed allow it to be a much more potent offensive pokemon outspeeding and killing things such as lele, and being faster to avoid rillabooms superpower/drain punch is always nice. leftovers also provides a bit more longevity when they don't have their rocks up which can prove to be very useful, especially if hydrei is staying in for multiple turns.

here is the team with my changes
https://pokepast.es/823ecfabee602c51

A question: why do you have a 248 hp investment on hydreigon if you mean for it to be a breaker? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a full SpA investment on it?

One final thing: I don't think hippowdon is worth over Garchomp/Lando-T just for Slack Off. Both can output more Earthquake damage, and I feel like Sand Stream hurts you more than it helps because it provides chip damage to your own breakers.

hippo is prolly one of the good mons imo in terms of spdef walls , honestly i dont think the sand stream hits their team too much , they have an aegi , and two regen mons , one sand immune mon . i dont think it affects him that much , the lele yh might take some chip but thats not a very big issue , since this is a specs lele , whose job is to come in and fire of some strong hits

i
cool team. i like the idea of hydreigon and i think its nasty plot set can be pretty useful. one of the first main problems i see this team having is its troubles vs weavile. outspeeding everything on this team and basically being able to swords dance vs torn for free and basically killing the whole team from there makes it a very big threat. even cb sets can run through this team just with its stabs and can go basically unpunished. i also noticed that volcarona is a massive threat. while you do have spdef toxic hippo that thing gets 2hkoed and getting psychic terrain from your own lele means pex isn't all too reliable.

:aegislash: -> :heatran: my first change i recommend is making aegislash heatran. heatran allows this team to be much better vs volcarona and weavile. coupled with toxic hippowdon makes volcarona more than manageable, while also slightly improving your matchup vs lele. since hippowdon has rocks, we can afford to go magma storm / toxic / epower/ taunt with leftovers. i think leftovers is fine over balloon since we have a hydreigon and hippo in the back for opposing heatran. having spdef is still good for lele so id recommend spdef tran.

:toxapex: secondly, i believe making toxapex rocky helmet with toxic over poison jab will be very beneficial. toxic allows you to punish SD weaviles among other things that like to try to stay in vs scalds like tornt or landot. making it rocky helmet gives you a way to punish axels if they ever decide to go for it while still chipping it even if it takes a knock off, while also punishing uturns from other pokemon. poison jab was really only good for whirlpool fini but you have a tornt to scout and a lele that can come in and fire off psychics off a tornadus u-turn so you should be fine vs fini.

:hydreigon: finally i believe changing hydreigon to np / dpulse / flash / roost would prove to be more beneficial. while earth power seems nice to have as a way to instantly hit heatran, considering we have a lele firing off specs psychics, generally heatran wont be at full anyway and doesn't really like to come in on hydreigon. however, clefable does like coming in on hydra so being able to fire off a +2 flash cannon as it comes in can be very good for this team. also while it may seem ideal to run as much bulk on hydrei as possible, it doesn't really need it as it comes in on the same stuff anyway, like heatran and can just roost up, but max spatk max speed allow it to be a much more potent offensive pokemon outspeeding and killing things such as lele, and being faster to avoid rillabooms superpower/drain punch is always nice. leftovers also provides a bit more longevity when they don't have their rocks up which can prove to be very useful, especially if hydrei is staying in for multiple turns.

its true volc is pretty annoying for this team , but i dont get wht you mean by tran improving matchup vs lele. Honestly i think a lil bit risk factor then comes into play, like you get caught by predicted focus blast by lele on tran , then thats problem , Aegi is best lele check ,but yh volc is problem.

I wanted it to be a bulky breaker that would take hits from the likes of Volcanion and Nidoking, while still threatening them out because this team is quite weak to them.

76/16 Defence evs is a variation of the set that I use for Torn which is 36 Phys. Def and 56 Sp. Def. But my team needs a more of a Phys. Def check to Grass types rather than a Sp. Def one. 36/56 is way better overall but for this team I thought I needed 76/16. The extra resists and typing on Garchomp and the flexibility of Lando are very appealing, however I tend to play very passively early game, chipping down the opponents team so Lele can break through 'checks' more effectively while my team stays healthy which explains why I initially chose Hippowdon. But I will be putting Landorus over Hippodown for sure.

i

its true volc is pretty annoying for this team , but i dont get wht you mean by tran improving matchup vs lele. Honestly i think a lil bit risk factor then comes into play, like you get caught by predicted focus blast by lele on tran , then thats problem , Aegi is best lele check ,but yh volc is problem.
I agree on both points. The sole reason I use Aegislash is that it is the complete counter to Specs Lele and Hippowdon counters mostly everything that Aegislash struggles with. Volcarona is a massive threat to this team, I lose immediately if toxic misses, and it did lol.

I agree with what you have said but I want to keep Black Sludge over Rocky Helm. My reasoning is that Toxapex can easily get overwhelmed by strong physical attackers in sand because that 6% chip can put it into range of getting 2HKO'd. On Non-Choice Band Beat Up variants, the first move Weavile chooses is Knock Off as it is a guaranteed benefit. So Rocky Helm has little value and sand can somewhat function as chip Damage.
All of the changes are good though I'm stuck between keeping Aegi or replacing it with Heatran.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I feel much more motivated to post my teams after all the friendly feedback.

I wanted it to be a bulky breaker that would take hits from the likes of Volcanion and Nidoking, while still threatening them out because this team is quite weak to them.

76/16 Defence evs is a variation of the set that I use for Torn which is 36 Phys. Def and 56 Sp. Def. But my team needs a more of a Phys. Def check to Grass types rather than a Sp. Def one. 36/56 is way better overall but for this team I thought I needed 76/16. The extra resists and typing on Garchomp and the flexibility of Lando are very appealing, however I tend to play very passively early game, chipping down the opponents team so Lele can break through 'checks' more effectively while my team stays healthy which explains why I initially chose Hippowdon. But I will be putting Landorus over Hippodown for sure.

I agree on both points. The sole reason I use Aegislash is that it is the complete counter to Specs Lele and Hippowdon counters mostly everything that Aegislash struggles with. Volcarona is a massive threat to this team, I lose immediately if toxic misses, and it did lol.

I agree with what you have said but I want to keep Black Sludge over Rocky Helm. My reasoning is that Toxapex can easily get overwhelmed by strong physical attackers in sand because that 6% chip can put it into range of getting 2HKO'd. On Non-Choice Band Beat Up variants, the first move Weavile chooses is Knock Off as it is a guaranteed benefit. So Rocky Helm has little value and sand can somewhat function as chip Damage.
All of the changes are good though I'm stuck between keeping Aegi or replacing it with Heatran.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I feel much more motivated to post my teams after all the friendly feedback.
good luck my man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)