Tattoos.

Heres mine, got it about a year ago.
its the cover of Gojra's dvd "the link alive"
I thought it looked pretty damn cool and i love gojira to bits.
should be getting my next one soonishhhhh, although its going to cost me 2400 and im 2500 in debt already :P

I also have a Ohm symbol on my upper right arm.

I once seriously considered getting a Marowak/Cubone Skull tattooed on my upper arm - basically an exact copy of the design from the Pokemon151 t-shirt.

It's ambiguous enough that very few people are going to know it's actually a Pokemon tattoo and if I don't feel comfortable saying so in a given setting I can just say it's a random dinosaur skull or something. Marowak has always been quite an inspiration to me for the way he started off small and weak but overcame all his problems to become a tough lil' bastard.

And it looks cool as hell.
I dont see the problem with getting a pokemon, as i plan on getting a dragon ball tattooed on me somewhere. I will be proud to say what it is of as well, no matter what people say :D

Tree is gorgeous - works very well on the calf. Tricky place to do - need to come up with some ideas..
yeah its nice, i really like it...im trying to think of how to add onto it at the moment, i want to get my legs covered...

i love leg tats for some reason.

oh btw, this may be an odd request, but if anyone has a picture of a brutal looking fisherman with a harpoon above his head...please let me know...im hopeless at drawing, but i need a fisherman for one of my tattoos.

I always thought I wanted a tattoo but I just can't really think of anything that describes me SO WELL that I would put it on my skin...

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Jorn - 14 - living in a world without you is living in no world at all says:
- must emphasize cyclical nature of life and must emphasize the idea of small cogs working together to form a big grand system
- must be metaphorical using symbols from all over the place, whether scientific or mythological
- must form a complete grand whole and not be a series of loose tattoos I have tried to connect into one, but must be a whole coherent piece

I have decided these are the starting points for my tattoo. It'll probably big and I have no idea about size or placement. I don't have any ideas for art yet and it needs a lot of time to develop, considering there are many overarching ideas for it being cyclical and it needs to involve a lot of space to allow for all the metaphors and subtleties in there. Metaphors I am planning to include are: Oroborous, the natural life stages of the butterfly (cocooning etc), Greek mythology (probably Hades and Persephone to symbolise the change of seasons which recurs throughout the year. Need to have Demeter in there as well), possibly something about wars (wars are a recurring theme in history), irrigation of the Nile (was a classic thing the Egyptians based their calendar off), looking to include Nordic and Celtic things as well.

no dear - it was going to be the panathenaic procession but I'm figuring how I could work some more of the friezes from the parthenon on there too now :3

Wow, all these tattoos are awesome, it's making me want to take pictures of my own and post them. Which I will do at some point later today.

In the meantime, I want everyone's opinion on my next tattoo. I can't decide on either of these:

A shamrock on my left wrist

or

The kanji for "demon' in red ink on the left side of my chest, right above my heart.

What do you guys think?

I was thinking about it, and when I'm a bit older I'd really like to get this quote somewhere on my body:
From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity

which has a very important meaning to me...

I was thinking across the shoulders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)