ORAS NU Tauros Offense

Tauros Offense

Introduction

So, a few days ago I decided I wanted to build a cool team around a mon that i didn't feel was very common. I scrolled through the nu tier and found Bouffalant. I'm not a hyper offense player, and I can't do stall for the life of me, so I chose a classic Offense play style. And with Sneasel and Gallade gone, I can stop worrying about being 100% dominated by them.

Teambuilding

I then wanted a pokemon that had good synergy to bouffalant. Once again, i scrolled down the list of available pokemon, looking specifically at psychic and flying types, I found claydol.

Thirdly, I wanted a pokemon that could switch into water and grass type attacks aside from bouffalant, since i need hp to use substitute. Looking through grass and water types, i chose between ludicolo and tangela. I've familiarized myself more with tangela so I chose tangela.

As of pokemon number four, I wanted a pokemon to sponge fire and ice type attack decently, and a bulky sp.def wall. I chose Mantine, who has exceptional special bulk, access to defog, and to scald.

Now that I had a fairly defensive furious four, I wanted an amazing wallbreaker that could smash through most of bouff's checks, and with gallade gone, the prime fighting type is Sawk.

For the last member of the team I wanted another huge offensive threat, looking at the typing and build of my team, I decided for Archeops.

After some playtesting, I was 4-2. During these six matches I had decided Archeops was a tiny bit too frail for the team, and that despite my resistance and immunity, or partially my bad play, Archeops was constantly dying to electric mons, or it's other weaknesses. Due to this, Archeops made way for Rhydon.

After further play testing, I concluded the grass weakness was starting to hurt me. I looked for a pokemon that could still get up rocks and sponge fighting attacks. This pokemon turned out to be uxie.

After even further play testing was conducted, I realized a well played ferroseed gave my team a lot of trouble, so, despite the removal of hazard control, I inserted heatmor in mantine's slot. The hazard control loss will hurt, by it was a risk I had to take--in my eyes.

In a final bout of play testing, I concluded Bouffalant had to be replaced, I wanted something that still hit hard, and could take a hit. Scrolling through pokemon, I decided on Tauros.

The final team...

In-Depth

Tauros
@ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
Moves: Rock Climb | Zen Headbutt | Rock Slide | Earthquake

Firstly, I wanted a strong, fast normal type pokemon that could come in and revenge or come and clean up late game after it's checks are weakened. Tauros provides a speedy threat that can provide all of hte aforementioned requirements, on top of potentially wallbreaking for itself, or for others! Tauros combines it's speed with an ability and access to moves that accomodate it: Sheer Force negates life orb damage on moves that have added affects, at the expense of taking them away. This means that Tauros isn't 100% crippled by bulky wish-protect mons such as Audino/M-Audino.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Sp.Atk
Moves: Stealth Rock | Psychic | Thunder Wave | U-turn

Uxie is a relatively fast stealth rock setter, even un-invested. Uxie is also really bulky and allows frequent and efficient use of it's utility moves; being thunder wave and u-turn. It's bulk allows it to sponge quite a few hits from some of the hardest hitting pokemon in the nu tier.
252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Sawk Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Uxie: 93-111 (26.2 - 31.3%) -- 14.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery; 252+ Atk Choice Band Overgrow Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Uxie: 256-303 (72.3 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery; 252 Atk Archeops Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Uxie: 114-135 (32.2 - 38.1%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regnerator
Nature: Modest
EVs:
232 Hp | 48 SpD | 228 Sp.Atk
Moves: Leaf Storm | Giga Drain | Sleep Powder | Hidden Power Fire

Tangela is a pokemon with a heavy offensive and defensive presence; being able to come in and chew up an ineffective hit and switch out, taking advantage of regenerator. This pokemon also provides great support for double-dance Rhydon with sleep power, thus enabling Rhydon to switch-in a setup for free. Lastly, Tangela hits fairly hard;
228+ SpA Tangela Leaf Storm vs. 40 HP / 216+ SpD Lanturn: 338-402 (84.2 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO; 228+ SpA Tangela Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mawile: 192-226 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO; 228+ SpA Tangela Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mawile: 122-144 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock.

Heatmor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe
Moves: Fire Blast | Focus Blast | Giga Drain | Hidden Power [Rock]

A strong scarfer with the ability to cover switch-ins and tear through expected walls, with the ability to clear away pokemon such as archeops and tauros for my sweepers, maybe even TANGELA to come in and clean up late game. Heatmor, being the only rocks weak pokemon on my team, also has the ability to negate the damage with a healthy prediction of a water type like poliwrath or samurott. This also applies to pokemon like Rhydon who are 4x weak to Giga Drain.

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
Moves: Close Combat | Knock Off | Earthquake | Stone Edge

Adamant CB Sawk is a wallbreaker of un-paralleled quality in NU. This monster has the ability mold breaker to allow it to straight up destroy weezing on switch-in with earthquake. Not only that, but this three-fingered grim reaper has the ability to commit absolute genocide on pokemon that cannot resist any of it's moves! Even pokemon like mawile who can intimidate it, fall down in agonizing defeat to the power of earthquake. Not to mention that Knock off decimates almost all pokemon weak to it.

Rhydon
@ Evolite
Ability: Reckless
Nature: Adamant
EVs:
252 Atk | 4 Sp.Def | 252 Spe
Moves: Sword Dance | Rock Polish | Stone Edge | Earthquake

Rhydon incredible natural bulk allows it to setup on most of they physical attackers in the tier. The moves Sword Dance and Rock Polish allow rhydon to either: Clean up late game; Wallbreak more effectively than cb 252+ sawk; or Sweep an entire team if he gets to +2/+2 against a good matchup.

Importable

http://hastebin.com/leyeqopige.md/

Shoutouts
idek, Meru for the base and IronBullet93 for the thread explaining stuff and Raseri for telling me to rmt this

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Ok, I have had this witten up for a bit but i completly forgot to post. So here we are

Nice Team lolbro!

Lo Tauros / SR Uxie / Offensive Tangela
/ Scarf Heatmor / Band Sawk / Dual Dance Rhydon

One issue i can potentially see playing this team is banded sawk. It just clicks cc or or knock off and you have to play very carefully around it. Another issue i can potentially see is hazard stack. Seeing as you have no spinner/defogger, the rocks and spikes can add up very quickly especially on Heatmor and on your other 4 grounded mons.

For these reasons I am going to suggest Support Sandslash > Rhydon and Colbur Musharna > Uxie. Sandslash will provide critical rocks and also spin opposing spikes / rocks while also retaining a sort of offensive pressure with EdgeQuake coverage, just like Rhydon. Musharna will provide a more secure check against banded sawk, taking very minimal amounts from knock off and having reliable recovery in order to stave off sawk and other fighters for a while.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge / Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam / Heal Bell

Hope i helped!

Ok, I have had this witten up for a bit but i completly forgot to post. So here we are

Nice Team lolbro!

Lo Tauros / SR Uxie / Offensive Tangela
/ Scarf Heatmor / Band Sawk / Dual Dance Rhydon

One issue i can potentially see playing this team is banded sawk. It just clicks cc or or knock off and you have to play very carefully around it. Another issue i can potentially see is hazard stack. Seeing as you have no spinner/defogger, the rocks and spikes can add up very quickly especially on Heatmor and on your other 4 grounded mons.

For these reasons I am going to suggest Support Sandslash > Rhydon and Colbur Musharna > Uxie. Sandslash will provide critical rocks and also spin opposing spikes / rocks while also retaining a sort of offensive pressure with EdgeQuake coverage, just like Rhydon. Musharna will provide a more secure check against banded sawk, taking very minimal amounts from knock off and having reliable recovery in order to stave off sawk and other fighters for a while.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge / Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam / Heal Bell

Hope i helped!
Thank you :]

Nice team. I'm currently using it to ladder however I've made a few changes to it that you could probably consider.

I found it quite annoying by having two set up moves on Rhydon so I decided to mix the two together by slotting in a Golem with Weakness Policy, Sturdy with Rock Polish, EQ, Stone Edge and Explosion.

To counter the fact that Stealth Rocks are a pain in the ass for Golem's sturdy, as well as Heatmor, I swapped out Tauros for Kabutops with Rapid Spin. Although Tauros is the core of your team, the accuracy of his moves as well as the ability to have priority and a spinner was out-weighed by Kabutops.

IDK IT'S WORKIN PRE WELL, BUT I MAY SUB OUT GOLEM COZ.. YEA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)